User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 May 2003, 00:03   #51
OXX

OXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Whis
A shuffle would be best thing to do if this uneven galaxy thing isn't sufficiently sorted by the time ticks are supposed to start.

Good galaxy then Whis

Blinded by Loyalty
OXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 00:15   #52
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
I have a special emailadres for stuff like this. I also use it for spam sensitive cases. I only read the mail there if I expect email there. It was deleted a month ago because I hadn't checked it for a while. I could reclaim it, but that might not always be possible.
Quote:
Originally posted by SPQR
I admit, there may be exceptions, but prolly just a handfull. That should be handled manualy by PMing the creators (or PA-Team?) then.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 00:28   #53
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
useless bastards in charge. I've been drinking and pissed off about this. I'm playing 9.5 inactive, yet still, I gave stuff out to my gal in the knowledge that i'll need them for the next 6 weeks if I'll survive. Why the creators dont see this I'll never know, why cant they make their mind up? :/
Unread 29 May 2003, 00:36   #54
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ohm
1. Delete all accounts not accessed before shuffle on Monday.

2. Shuffle the rest into 15-20 planets-galaxies.
There's an idea, but I still don't want it to shuffle again.

Just delete the inactive planets ASAP and get them filled up with people who actually want to play. There's still 5 planets from the original 10 in my galaxy who ain't even logged in yet.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 00:38   #55
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Could a mod perhaps merge all these threads, or delete the irrelevant ones? Surely we don't need 3 on the exact same subject, with almost exact same posts in each one.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 00:44   #56
Dari
Just Gosu

Dari is an unknown quantity at this point
only 1 guy left in my gal but shuffle i could get together with even more inactive guys and we need to setup whole cluster/para/gal stuff again
R4: 134:15:8 Cell
R5: Not really played
R6: 16:10:9 Deus
R7: 14:24:1 Wrath peon
R8: 16:9:10 FAnG and member of gôsu
R9 46:9:7 FAnG BC
R9.5 7:8:6 FAnG Tech Officer and gôsu
Dari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 00:53   #57
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Mage
my gal has sunday8pm in it!
My gal has me in it!

He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 01:11   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Mage
sunday8pm > you
No he doesn't.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 02:09   #59
HyPeRiOn
Batman

HyPeRiOn is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't be against a shuffle, but that's cause my galaxy current has only 4 members, I would just like a full galaxy, all I ask.

Round 2 - 7:10:?? Helreg of Jurgion
Round 3 - 3:13: 15 SystemShock of Xarruth
Round 4 - 76:4:5 Ice Demon of the Frozen Wastelands
Round 5 - 21:7:10 Beerantula of Corona Borleias
Round 6 - 8:1:1 SystemShock of Xarruth
Round 7 - 8:9:6 <i can't remember>
Round 9.5 - 41:10:19 Maverick of the Top Gun Flight School
HyPeRiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 02:18   #60
DrCaress
Linux Freak

DrCaress is an unknown quantity at this point
If a shuffle must be done, how about a partial Shuffle

You could go in the GC's affairs page, put a drop down menu, Saying if their gal would like to be included.

you could even go into the various issues giving the GC the final call on it for their gal. i think that'd make everyone happy
Unread 29 May 2003, 02:33   #61
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by DrCaress

You could go in the GC's affairs page, put a drop down menu, Saying if their gal would like to be included.

you could even go into the various issues giving the GC the final call on it for their gal. i think that'd make everyone happy

A good idea, but I'd guess not everyone 'agrees' with their GC.

Frankly, I'd just like to know if there is going to be a shuffle or not, and soon.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 02:37   #62
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Quote:

And this would stop the gals that are causing the problem (ie. the ones which are full of account sharers, multi accounts, and people who have account swapped to form uber-gals) from abstaining and therefore staying together, how?

This suggestion wouldn't sort out the problem tbh.
Unread 29 May 2003, 03:35   #63
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
after nine rounds pa crew still can't anticipate simple things like this.....................rather sad
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 04:49   #64
Eylisia
Aes Elysium

Eylisia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by aza1
after nine rounds pa crew still can't anticipate simple things like this.....................rather sad
Couldnt possibly agree more

Eyl

A Prayer for the Wild at Heart kept in Cages
Eylisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 04:53   #65
DrCaress
Linux Freak

Thumbs down

Why does it look like you can still change your email address
i would think it wouldn't be there anymore

I do not want a reshuffle.
Unread 29 May 2003, 05:54   #66
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
A reshuffle would be nice. But decide now and announce it. Stop the might. For those of you who busted your ass making para and cluster allainces, you deserve this tbh, unless your real new to this game you should know full well that the real cluster and parra stuff doesnt get done until after galaxies differentiate a little and allainces have had time to sort stuff out. Even in random rounds thats the case. Setting things up pre ticks is just a waste of your time.

The shuffle would be nice simply to get rid of the many inactive planets.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:10   #67
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
just shuffle the accounts that have changed their email. Easy

Will solve the problem 60-70%

shuffle free a/c's

solve it 50%

no shufle but lots of fluffles
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:02   #68
Tri

Tri has a spectacular aura aboutTri has a spectacular aura aboutTri has a spectacular aura about
Just don't shuffle, many galaxies has done a lot of organization already. A shuffle now, after you say you wouldnt would be total BS and ruin all or most of the preround preperations.
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:07   #69
Yeggstry
Connection Established...

Yeggstry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
A reshuffle would be nice. But decide now and announce it. Stop the might. For those of you who busted your ass making para and cluster allainces, you deserve this tbh, unless your real new to this game you should know full well that the real cluster and parra stuff doesnt get done until after galaxies differentiate a little and allainces have had time to sort stuff out. Even in random rounds thats the case. Setting things up pre ticks is just a waste of your time.

But then again this is the first time that the creators have said even before signups have started that there would be no shuffle.... changing their minds half-way through signups is lunacy imo.

Besides by now most alliances have a general "map" of the universe as it is, recorded ppl's planet/ruler names ready for if there WAS a shuffle that way they wouldn't have to waste time on getting the info all over again.
R5 - 36:10:16 (Armada)
R6 - 32:16:13 (ViruS)
R7 - 26:3:14 (Infection LT/ViruS TO) (#364 planet, #34 gal)
R8 - 4:3:1 then 3:8:4 (ViruS TO)
R9 - 47:10:5 (ViruS Gaming Community (VGC) Tech Op)
R9.5 - 23:6:4 (VGC Tech Op) (#462 planet)
R10 - 5:2:3 then 5:3:1 (ViruS/Eclipse, #419 planet), Portal Coder
R11 - retired from PA
Yeggstry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:14   #70
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
no shuffle
disable email change and delete anyone thats abused it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:23   #71
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
merging small galaxies isn't the same as a full shuffle, and would annoy fewer people (if anyone!).
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:27   #72
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
merging small galaxies isn't the same as a full shuffle, and would annoy fewer people (if anyone!).
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:39   #73
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
no shuffle
disable email change and delete anyone thats abused it
Are you going to deal with customer support when people who lost Round 10 credits because they changed their e-mail address come complaining?
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:47   #74
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Are you going to deal with customer support when people who lost Round 10 credits because they changed their e-mail address come complaining?
Sure
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:48   #75
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
if that refers to "disable email change", then enabling it before r10-signup starts is a perfect solution

if it refers to "delete anyone thats abused it ", then i'm not sure whether the UA agrees with me, but they don't deserve any customer support.
Are there likely to be many who "have r10 credits, have lost their email addresses, and are deleted"?
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:58   #76
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by TheShadowMan
no shuffle but lots of fluffles
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:00   #77
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Indeed.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:55   #78
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
As I keep saying every Random round we have where the big alliances insists on account swapping to bring their Private galaxy advantage back we shouldnt be able to see our galaxy (and ofc hiding co-ords) UNTIL 72 ticks into the game.

This wont stop everyone doing it BUT people will be less inclined to swap a planet they have spent 72 hours getting a good start with especially if the planet they are swapping with hasnt had such a great start.

Those who may be willing to swap their accounts might be those who arent playing or are pretty inactive but then the person taking the account will be around 72 ticks behind everyone else.

Not to mention the fact if alliance x decideds to cheat and move their planets into a single galaxy its going to take at least another 24 hours on top of the 72 to get everything done and probally longer. This will put their galaxy behind and even behind behind by a tiny amount at the start can be a major problem

Account swapping is only the problem it is because we give players plenty of time to organise it before ticks start and removing this ability to organise it before ticks we reduce the problem
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 13:00   #79
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
for those who dont care much about r9.5, because it is free and you just want to have fun etc.., why do you care about a shuffle.

go shuffle go!

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 13:01   #80
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
but i have to agree, if their will be a shuffle ANNOUNCE it NOW!
i dont like to organise with unsecureness

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 14:55   #81
DrCaress
Linux Freak

Exclamation

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by A2
And this would stop the gals that are causing the problem (ie. the ones which are full of account sharers, multi accounts, and people who have account swapped to form uber-gals) from abstaining and therefore staying together, how?

This suggestion wouldn't sort out the problem tbh.

this suggestion wouldn't fix everything that people messed up, but it would give galaxies a fair choice to condense, or take their chances, with all the talk of uneven galaxies. i would see this as a way to solve at least that problem. there have got to be other methods for dealing with account swappers, besides shuffles.
Unread 29 May 2003, 15:18   #82
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by idimmu
then how are people in ****ed up galaxies like myself expected to contend, when all the people that played last round are in full galaxies of 25 experianced players, and my gal contains 5 people that havent played before...........
There should not be any galaxies with 25 experienced players.
Each galaxy is made of 10 r9 players plus 15 free signups.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 15:34   #83
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
Are there likely to be many who "have r10 credits, have lost their email addresses, and are deleted"?
It would be interesting to know how many of the accounts that have R10 credits have had the email addy changed.
Fudge would probably have to compare with a backup to check that.

Delete any free accounts that have changed their email addy. Delete any accounts carried over from r9 that have not changed their ruler/planet names.
Shuffle all that dont have R10 credits and have changed their email addy. - If you are in an inactive galaxy, change your email addy to be included in the shuffle.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 15:43   #84
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
There should not be any galaxies with 25 experienced players.
Each galaxy is made of 10 r9 players plus 15 free signups.
Until a new signup is persuaded to swap accounts with an experianced one, which is what is happening.

As for shuffling only those who have changed their email and dont have any r10 credits, thats a little unfair imho. The person whos changed his email address for a proper reason is gonna be disadvanatged, and you also disadvantage their galaxy. A full shuffle is alot fairer on everyone than a partial one
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 29 May 2003, 17:39   #85
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Until a new signup is persuaded to swap accounts with an experianced one, which is what is happening.

As for shuffling only those who have changed their email and dont have any r10 credits, thats a little unfair imho. The person whos changed his email address for a proper reason is gonna be disadvanatged, and you also disadvantage their galaxy. A full shuffle is alot fairer on everyone than a partial one
Why on earth do people need to change their email addresses though? What possible legitimate reason is there for it?

Normally when people change email addresses between rounds, they sign up a new account anyway, and there's nothing to stop them doing that now. Even if they don't sign up a new account, they can still access the old one perfectly well using their existing login/pass, so why would they need to change email addresses?

A far better option would be to reset all email addresses to what they were and mail out new passwords to everyone. The tiny number of people who have changed email addresses can sign up new accounts (just like they normally do for a new round!), those who have some problem with r10 credits can take this up with PA Team/Jolt/whoever in private, without causing problems for everyone.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 17:48   #86
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
As I keep saying every Random round we have where the big alliances insists on account swapping to bring their Private galaxy advantage back we shouldnt be able to see our galaxy (and ofc hiding co-ords) UNTIL 72 ticks into the game.
I am GC of a fairly average galaxy, and HC of a major alliance. We haven't had any account-swapping going on at all in my galaxy.

We've spent the last few days getting our galaxy organised, as well as cluster/parallel alliances. I've written some guides to help the new players and people who have returned to the game after a long absence. Reshuffling us at tick 72 would throw everyone in at the deep end, and it would most disadvantage the newbies and people without 'connections', as they are pretty much totally reliant on the cluster and parallel alliances for defence. Throwing them into a new galaxy, with no cluster/para alliance, where they may well come under attack from organised BGs of active players is totally screwing over their chances for the round. On the other hand, right now the people in my galaxy might stand a pretty good chance of doing well.

Put simply, a shuffle disadvantages the new/returning players far more than it disadvantages the alliances. Is it really worth the damage that it would do to those new/returning players, just to punish a handful of people who have account-swapped?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 17:52   #87
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Just my 50 cents but why dont you NOT shuffle the planets 1-10 but shuffle the over planets 11-25, that way you get an even distribution of planets in each gal, but if ure goin to do it do it soon....I put the mortgage on the shuffle occuring tomoz (friday) when the "downtime" occurs.
Unread 29 May 2003, 17:57   #88
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
5) only shuffle those who have changed email addresses

:-P
Unread 29 May 2003, 18:00   #89
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
A load of stuff i agree with (except the bit about being alliance HC), and sent an email to spinner explaining when he announced there *might* be a shuffle- no reply
Unread 29 May 2003, 18:38   #90
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
5) only shuffle those who have changed email addresses

:-P
Why that?

Someone else paid my account last round and yes i changed my email adress.
Only cuz i stopped using my old one for someone reasons.
I dont see a reason why i should be shuffled for this.

(I wouldnt mind to be shuffled, cuz my current gal sux, but still its not good to shuffle all who changed their email)
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 18:56   #91
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Who came up with this stupid idea of a shuffle. It would ruin all the stuff i have set up. There must be another way.
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 18:58   #92
Smurfeh
lol troll lol

Smurfeh is an unknown quantity at this point
just do teh shuffle ->
Unread 29 May 2003, 19:00   #93
Smurfeh
lol troll lol

Smurfeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by themast
Who came up with this stupid idea of a shuffle. It would ruin all the stuff i have set up. There must be another way.
heh more fool u and others then with Planetarions track record u should always expect the unexpected (actually i expected there to be something like this happen neway).
Unread 29 May 2003, 19:05   #94
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Smurfeh
just do teh shuffle ->

no dont do the shuffle
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 22:33   #95
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by themast
An so what, you 'd just have to again. I've set up stuff though but I'd be happy with a shuffle as long as their is a shuffle of 1-10 and then of 10+

You can't attack for first 3 days anyway, so re-org then.
Unread 30 May 2003, 03:33   #96
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Why on earth do people need to change their email addresses though? What possible legitimate reason is there for it?

Normally when people change email addresses between rounds, they sign up a new account anyway, and there's nothing to stop them doing that now. Even if they don't sign up a new account, they can still access the old one perfectly well using their existing login/pass, so why would they need to change email addresses?

A far better option would be to reset all email addresses to what they were and mail out new passwords to everyone. The tiny number of people who have changed email addresses can sign up new accounts (just like they normally do for a new round!), those who have some problem with r10 credits can take this up with PA Team/Jolt/whoever in private, without causing problems for everyone.
I actually changed mine, not because I don't use or don't have access to the email listed in my account, but because the emailprovider actually changed the adress from [email protected] to [email protected] . Why then did I change it? well I was in prefs to change ruler and planet anyway, and since there was an option to change and it had changed I did so.

I would prefer not to be specially selected to be shuffled due to this.

Besides, if this shuffle is for stopping traders, how on earth would not being able to change the email adresses stop that?
Unread 30 May 2003, 07:37   #97
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
If you do a shuffle it would have to be ridiculously late in protection phase. Else it is of no use.

I would rather have the creators pick out all plnaets who's email account have changed and then checked those of them in top 250 of planets for misbehaviour / false information and close those. Off course not in week 16 but in week 2 or so.

hAl
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:24   #98
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Smurfeh what are ya a Septic Meg or sumthin

So whos going to win the round mind reader chimp!
Unread 30 May 2003, 11:06   #99
HiHou
G4MER

HiHou is an unknown quantity at this point
Enough of this nonsense!!!
Shuffle is bad. No point for reshuffle as it wouldn't change anything else than ppl's coords. It would just piss most of us off etc etc.
mmkay?
Unread 30 May 2003, 11:07   #100
wakey
Hamster

Quote:

Well I for one have changed my email address simply because the address I used is no longer accessable and with the option to change it avaiable felt it was better to take advantage and ensure that I can always retreive my password (I change my password a few times every round and in the past ive miss typed it and thus ended up having to rerequest it to get in)
The Farnborough Crew