User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 13:09   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Netgear DG834G problem :|

I have a Netgear DG834G with the latest firmware V3.01.25. My computer is wired to it via the supplied cable and downloading P2P etc. works fine. However, only in the last week, something 'odd' and 'annoying' has started to happen. I can be browsing websites and all of a sudden it'll stop working. I have to either manually reboot the router or disable then re-enable the LAN then it'll work for a minute then the same problem occurs over and over. If I'm using a P2P app and I decide to go onto a website, after about a min. the same problem occurs and the P2P app. downloads go down to 0kb/s. As soon as I close the browser (Firefox), the downloads start again immediately! My sister on her wireless laptop has no problems.

The ethernet port on my computer is a Intel on-board NIC. I've just ordered a Netgear Gigabit PCI adapater incase this resolves my problem but what if it doesn't - what could be up? I've checked all my ADSL settings and they're correct.

Help me please - thanks.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores

Last edited by Androme; 29 Oct 2005 at 13:30.
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote