User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 26 Feb 2003, 19:04   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Purchase of a CD RW

Does anyone know where the best place to buy a CD RW for?
Any spec, any price. Aslong as its worth the money.

Should I get a SCSI or IDE?

Thanks

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 19:10   #2
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Liteon, IDE, 48 or 52 speed. Frabjulous
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 19:16   #3
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
minteh \o/

get IDE, not SCSI.

as model, dunno
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 19:17   #4
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Ok, now thats out the way.

What Motherboard make should I go for?

And reccomendations?

I am wanting to custom build a PC, I don't know the name of decent makes for Motherboards etc

Need help!!!

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 19:36   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
CDRW - LiteOn are excellent value and very reliable.
Motherboard - Asus and Abit are 'the names' in that business (the computer equivilant of Nike and Adidas or something). What you want to pay attention to is the chipset the board you buy uses. I don't know much about Intel boards, but if you're going for an AMD processor then getting a board which uses the nvidia nforce chipset is a good purchase (if an expensive one).
To get you started, here is an Asus board which uses that chipset: http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...x/overview.htm

Unread 26 Feb 2003, 21:09   #6
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
CDRW - LiteOn are excellent value and very reliable.
Motherboard - Asus and Abit are 'the names' in that business (the computer equivilant of Nike and Adidas or something). What you want to pay attention to is the chipset the board you buy uses. I don't know much about Intel boards, but if you're going for an AMD processor then getting a board which uses the nvidia nforce chipset is a good purchase (if an expensive one).
To get you started, here is an Asus board which uses that chipset: http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...x/overview.htm

thats what i have it rocks.

ps minteh its piss easy to build a pc i did it myself cost half the price of what i wouldve payed in a shop

so good webbies to buy stuff from would be

overclockers.co.uk <--- got my gfx card and hd from there
scan.co.uk <--- look at there today only section u can get a few bargins in there, got most of my pc from there
dabs.com
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 21:16   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Overclockers.co.uk have truly ace customer service, and the prices aren't too far off what you'd expect to pay from Ebuyer, I've strayed to their side.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 22:59   #8
Minty
Who?

There was me thinknig all PA people were useless

Thanks for the help people

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:19   #9
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
i got the liteon 48.24.48 model last week. it burns my 40x cds at a fabulous 48x and they still work

WIN
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:37   #10
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
from what i've heard a fair number of people have bad experience with overclockers.co.uk regarding returns.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote