User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:38   #1
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Disabling MSN on MSOE6 startup.

How can I do this?

Everytime I open MSOE6 (outlook) on WinXP, the buggered MSN opens with it and then decides it won't close, even after closing MSOE6 and all windows.

How can I disable MSN to startup when I open MSOE6?

I don't want to uninstall it, just disable it.

Thanks in advance.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 18:21   #2
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
tried google?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 18:26   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Outlook will try numerous methods of starting it up.
If it can't find it by one it will carry on through it's list of ways so if you don't kill them all you can end up waiting a very long time for outlook to start.

I'm not aware of how to disable messenger in that way although there are plenty of methods of uninstalling it.
If anywhere has the answer it's likely to be TweakXP.

This article
assumes you've allready removed messenger but, from looking at it, it's possible it may also disable the startup call. It's worth a try anyway.

Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:57   #4
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Ahh screw it then, don't wanna be screwing with that everytime I might need to reformat or whatever.

I found that i can always "end process" it on the Task Manager without any apparent ill-health to the OS.

Stupid conspiracy MSN crud
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 11:13   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
there has been a common solution but they state it for another version so you're out of luck ):
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 12:58   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Personally I hope they do to Messenger what they did to IE - ie. force Microsoft to 'unbundle' it or allow it to be replaced with a third party app.

I don't get why it's remotely necessary to have it load with Outlook Express, especially given that the damn thing somehow manages to use 8Mb of ram just to display the contacts list. When you consider that kazaa, the worlds most bloated peice of crap ever, uses 6Mb then that really is quite bad.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 13:11   #7
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

MSN is taking up 17Mb just for 7 contacts LMAO

POS

I rarely use it anyway, IRC is teh way \o/
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 15:20   #8
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
mozilla (browser of choice) 25mb
icq lite (secondary im) 2.5mb
msn (14 online, 55 offline) 2mb