User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 22 Mar 2003, 15:56   #1
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
cdrw problem

Ok sorta ****ed up my cdrw there now the drive was open and i pushed my chair back and the drive went slanty.
Now it dont open or close have to force open it.
Is it easy to fix this anyone?
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 17:36   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
nope, looks like you fked the mechanism.

You'd have to open it up most likely to see the extent of the damage.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:13   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You could try getting it repaired but as the damage was your fault (as opposed to equipment failure) it's not likely to be covered by warrenty.
With some very impressive drives around for ~£40 (noteably various models by LiteOn) you'd almost certainly be better off buying a new one.

Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:55   #4
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
i got a liteon 48 24 48 a couple of weeks ago and it rules
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 22:30   #5
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by BesigedB
i got a liteon 48 24 48 a couple of weeks ago and it rules
Ditto
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 23:28   #6
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Same Thing Happened to my CDRW Drive

To Fix do the following
[list=1][*]Remove Screws holding CD-RW inside computer[*]Disconnect IDE and Power Cables[*]Force open the drive door[*]Hit Drive Door 5 Times while shouiting "WORK YOU MOTHER ****ING PIECE OF S****ING **** WORK ****ER WORK ****ER WORK ****ER" as hard as you can[*]Put Drive Back in computer[*]Test to see if it opens and closes[*]If it doesnt, repeat until possible, if unlikely, drive breaking[/list=1]

By the way, i am not kidding, same problem with my CD-RW Drive fixed it immediately
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote