User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Feb 2003, 15:28   #1
SyPh0n
supadupafly

SyPh0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Win XP BSOD

I'm not really sure whats causing the problems with this, but recently my PC has been turning itself off. I've unticked the auto-restart function when something fecks up and I get a dreaded BSOD for apparently nothing at all.

It comes up "MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS" and then I need to reboot (as it's obvious gone down the pan).

I've recently installed and am using eDonkey2000 regularly, is it possible that this program is causing the failure? If not, what could be done about it?

Ta, Syph0n.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 15:36   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
have a look here. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294876

Lo Alex btw

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 15:41   #3
SyPh0n
supadupafly

Well, I've had a look at that site via a Google search but it doesn't seem to come up with anything that would help. It's a bit of a swine because I can be kicking arse with China on C&C:G and then the little **** restarts or now BSODs. I've even lost a few hundred mb of downloads on eDonkey because of it.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 02:50   #4
SyPh0n
supadupafly

Well, if it's any help, under USB Controllers on Device Manager i have:

1x USB Cable Modem (WDM)
2x USB Root Hub
2x VIA Rev 5 or later USB Host Controller

I've read that these Multiple IRP errors occur due to one device doing the job, trying again but it's already done so it b0rks. If I have 2 USB Root Hubs and 2 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Host Controllers, does it sound like these are the likely culprits?
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 12:03   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
http://www.in-system.com/ - try there as stated from that article - it says it's down a falstaff.sys file

have you tried having only disconnecting your USB hardware (Except mouse & keyboard obviously - that's if u have USB M&K etc.) - and seeing if that helps?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 13:31   #6
SyPh0n
supadupafly

Well just as a test I unplugged the USB cable modem (the other thing I said wasn't relevant) and it b0rked (which it shouldn't). So it's either because the cable was loose at the modem and at the back of the PC or because of drivers, which I updated at the same time.

It's not crashed for a couple of days now anyway, and that might be because eDonkey isn't running, but I might have cracked it finally (HOPEFULLY!).

Syph0n.