User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 16 Feb 2003, 16:51   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Xvid problem: division by zero

I have recently "aquired" a few xvid movies, but one file gives at some places an division by zero error. Is there a way to fix this file?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 16:55   #2
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
I assume you are talking about DivX.
Download the latest free DivX codec?
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:28   #3
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
he's talking about Xvid

get the XviD codec

also, is this on cd ?

it could be a reading error
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:33   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Xvid problem: division by zero

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
I have recently "aquired" a few xvid movies, but one file gives at some places an division by zero error. Is there a way to fix this file?
If it's crashing at a scene cut then v2.90 allegedly fixes several divide by zero errors. Of course if you're running 2.90 I have no idea.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:02   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I have the Xvid codec installed, I dunno which version though as the installer nor the codec itself contains the full version (it says version 2, no more).
The movie is STILL on my HD, and I downloaded it twice, with the same error at the same place.

Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:16   #6
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, XviD and DivX are both Mpeg4 codecs (XviD being the open source version), if you are on a windows box you should be able to use either (I assume).
If you are on a Linux box, you can
- download the XviD source and build the codec yourself and try to locate the problem...
- find an XviD development forum and post a link to the clip and hope someone will help you - one would assume your chances of getting help will be negligible unless you provide details about what version you are running.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 02:40   #7
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The answer lies with FourCC possibly.

however i suggest you google for "GSpot"

erm

you might want to do that along the lines of..

"Gspot + divx + codec"

even then you may recieve 'dodgy' results. Gspot is a proggy that determines the divx codec being used and will provide you with a linkt o a site if you dont have the correct one.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:08   #8
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
Gspot is a proggy that determines the divx codec being used and will provide you with a linkt o a site if you dont have the correct one.
thnx JJ (:
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote