User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:40   #1
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point
Zik question

I have a question regarding the Zik and who(what race) to hit in regards to a) the most successful roiding and b) the least amount of losses.

Anyone who can help it is very welcome, thanks for the help.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 03:26   #2
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Zik question

I'm not zik, so I don't know realy, but I'll try (this may be all wrong though).

The easiest would be a Cruiser fleet to attack other ziks and cath.

Another possibility is to try to subvert most of your enemie's ships. The most obvious race to try this on is xan as they have bad armor. A first option could be cutlass, cutter and privateer (if he has few fireblades), or add buccaneer/clipper if he has few broadswords. You can then use his own lancers and vsharrak to kill his sentinels, which fire after the vsharrak and sentinels have fired. Third option is adding pirates (send all your subbing ships), but this will slow you down even further.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 09:58   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Hit xandas and terrans with a proportionally big Co fleet. Zikonian Co is absolutely a cnut to kill.

If you were willing to sacrifice some cutlasses to hit Xandathrii, then I`d hit the typical Vsh+Lancer xanda with cutters+cutlasses+privateers. For terrans, dragons aren`t at all effective against ziko co, so you can easily flak through them once again with cutters+privateers(and thieves heh.)

The Cruiser roiding fleet option is quite limited apart from other zik or caths. If you want to hit terran or xandas, you must rely on them having small numbers of bombers or pulsars and drakes. As you can send a clipper+cr fleet against xand to subvert his bombers but obviously, if he has a big amount of pulsars, your clippers will get raped and the roids will most likely be too expensive .

As aforementioned, Zik CO is the way to go(i can`t believe i just made it rhyme there :/)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 17:44   #4
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

I am zik and i personally like to hit Terran as i beleive they are weak against anti cr, also as ry mentioned above xan also.. and that is the good thing ofc about Zik the fact there CR pods are strong

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 19:32   #5
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Assassin if u attack me I'll cry
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote