User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 11 Nov 2006, 09:29   #1
Solar Lord

Solar Lord is an unknown quantity at this point
Working out EXP

I just want to check I've got this right
if i have 500k value and 1 mill score and i hit someone with 250 k value and 1.5 mil score I do

(1.5/1) + (2.5/5) - 1) = 1.5 - (-.05) =2 or I take 2 for each of the values because -.05 while actually being beneficial to me is lower?
s0 2 -1= 1
?
Solar Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 10:37   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Working out EXP

Rightio; the forumula as per the manual is the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual
XP = roids * 10 * bravery factor
bravery factor = (min(2,target_score/planet_score) + (min(2,target_value/planet_value) - 1)

For example, hitting someone 2x your score and 1.4x your value would give a bravery factor of :
(minimum of (2,2) + minimum of (2,1.4) - 1) = (2 + 1.4 - 1) = 2.4
So, the variables;
Target Score = 1500000
Your Score = 1000000
Target Value = 250000
Your Value = 500000

Thus;

Bravery = (1 500000 / 1 000000) + (250000/500000) - 1
Bravery = 1.5 + 0.5 - 1 = 2 - 1 = 1
Note, that by saying min 2 in the formula, its effectivly saying "Whatever decimal your get, or the number 2, whichever is the smaller". Thus both 1.5 and 0.5 are less than 2, so those numbers are used above.

As Such, the bravery value in your above example is 1. Thus, to calculate XP, times however many roids you capture by 10.

Does that help?

Last edited by Ultimate Newbie; 11 Nov 2006 at 10:43.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 10:57   #3
Solar Lord

wait hang on
Note, that by saying min 2 in the formula, its effectivly saying "Whatever decimal your get, or the number 2, whichever is the smaller". Thus both 1.5 and 0.5 are less than 2, so those numbers are used above.

This means you can never gain very much from bravery, that can't be correct because surely if I hit some 10 times my score and ten times my value

I should get 10 + 9 as my bravery factor not
the smaller value of 2 -1 = 1

I believe min 2 means you always have at least 2 as the number or you use the larger number???

Last edited by Solar Lord; 11 Nov 2006 at 11:08.
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 11:10   #4
Solar Lord

no wait that would mean you could gain millions of millions score in one attack wouldn't it?

eg 19 * 10* 100 roids * 60 score for each exp = 1,140,000
still doesn't seem to bad for hitting someone 10 ten times bigger than you
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 11:16   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Lord
still doesn't seem to bad for hitting someone 10 ten times bigger than you
That's pretty much why there is the 2 limit on it; a couple of rounds ago, players were "abusing" the scoring system by capturing only a handful of roids of planets who were extremely massive (which is possible to do, as Zik Stealing happens after pods capture roids), and thus "farming" vast amounts of score that wasnt "real". Further, these players at certain stages in the round were prominent in the top 100 lists, however other "elite" players couldnt attack them due to the bash limit (40% of value). Thus, very much whinging and moaning happened, and it was decided to set a limit such that gains from attacking people larger than you were still significant, however, it couldnt be "abused" by having really large variatons such as you said above.

Good story, yes?
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 11:47   #6
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I thought there was always a cap on the bravery, so there was only a max of 20xp per roid or something. The moaning was just due to lots of other things like stats/race balance etc.
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 14:48   #7
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Perhaps it was a bit of both; i dont think there was a bravery cap always, however the more recent bit of whigning was due to the effectiveness and prevelence of "xp wh0res" :\.

Still, semantics .
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 00:20   #8
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

wasn't the cap put on after the Gerbie 'incident'?
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 01:43   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Gerbie got to #1 through covert opping i thought, and thus the XP from Covert Ops was modified to effectively zero again. Not roid capture. Unless someone saw the opportunity to put a cap on all forms of XP gain at the same time, which could make sense.
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 01:49   #10
Solar Lord

I don't think having other ways of making it to the top are that bad, but the PA crew don't seem to have found the right limit, perhaps using 3 for value on the roid exp would make a difference as score doesn't really reflect much.
Having no exp for covert ops seems poor as well, i always thought you should be able to train various sorts of agents and plant them on other worlds in the style of medival total war.
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 07:22   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

That's very true; i fully support means by which there are alternative paths to victory. I've even suggested a framework before, however i dont think this game is yet ready for that type of change. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, i dont know; alas its the point of discussion for another thread in another forum .
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 16:31   #12
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

SpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to behold

Max bravery is 2 + 2 - 1 = 3
Producing 30 XP per roid for someone with twice your value and twice your score (no point attacking larger because it's capped here).

Since score = 60 * xp + value
that's a potential 1800 score per roid stolen (plus the value of the roids).

Here is a quick reference:
http://blern.gotadsl.co.uk/xp.php

Here is a proper full on calc:
http://blern.gotadsl.co.uk/xpcalc.php
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote