User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Mar 2003, 13:31   #1
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Exclamation Someone is in a great deal of trouble!

Hmmm....
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 13:39   #2
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
That would be funny if it was true
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 13:50   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
It is true, check the DNS records.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 14:32   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Can I jump in with 'old' yet?
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 14:33   #5
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Can I jump in with 'old' yet?
In 10 reply's you can.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 14:58   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
see kids, it does happen and it could happen to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scary...
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 15:42   #7
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Well they deserve what they got.

Piracy is bad
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 15:54   #8
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Only of songs he owns on CD etc. :}

If piracy is bad THEN I DON'T WANNA BE GOOD
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 15:55   #9
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
You have no mp3s then?
Only the ones I own on CD

and they werem't dloaded, they were ripped from the retail CDs for my i-Pod
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 15:59   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
Piracy is bad
He didn't get done for piracy though. He got done for importing restricted items.

State Intervention =
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:04   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
Only the ones I own on CD

and they werem't dloaded, they were ripped from the retail CDs for my i-Pod
Which ones u got?
Can I download some of u?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:06   #12
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
[This reply is now the property of the United States government.
The reply and text within were surrendered to U.S. law enforcement pursuant to a federal prosecution and felony plea agreement for conspiracy to violate criminal copyright laws]
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:22   #13
(,')

They mainly got him for profiting on selling mod chips for the Xbox, and thus promoting piracy afaik.

$500k and 5 years> in prison hurts tho..
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:56   #14
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Thats so scary its funny!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:00   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by (,')
They mainly got him for profiting on selling mod chips for the Xbox, and thus promoting piracy afaik.
I'm not sure how "promoting piracy" can be a crime really. Of course he was busted under the DMCA because of the nature of the devices he was selling.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:41   #16
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
I'm not sure how "promoting piracy" can be a crime really. Of course he was busted under the DMCA because of the nature of the devices he was selling.
Possibly because part of the purpose of the DMCA is pushing the possibility of prosecuting people for promoting piracy?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:55   #17
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Quote:
It's in the twilight zone really. It's like selling devices for taking drugs, meanwhile your saying: "I'm not going to tell you that you can smoke cannabis with this device and get really stoned, nor will I tell you that the man down on the corner has some fabulous 'pot' at great prices".

In any case, he has plead guilty. His rights are quite possibly badly violated, but he has accepted it and probably made a lousy deal with a clever prosecutor.

Edit: Corrected a few spelling erros at Zed's request.

Last edited by Cynical Oracle; 7 Mar 2003 at 18:57.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:00   #18
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
OrgName: US Dept of Justice
OrgID: UDJ
Address: 1151D Seven Locks Rd
City: Rockville
StateProv: MD
PostalCode: 20854

NetRange: 149.101.0.0 - 149.101.255.255

Pinging www.isonews.com [149.101.1.91] with 32 bytes of data:

The pigs win this one.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:19   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Possibly because part of the purpose of the DMCA is pushing the possibility of prosecuting people for promoting piracy?
It's probably more helpful to distinguish between enabling and promoting. I don't see the legal justification for criminalising "promoting" (in advocating sense of the word) something. Is advocating a crime in America a crime?

I can see though the legal thinking behind prosecuting someone who enabled a crime to occur. But yeah, you're quite right on the DMCA.

Oh, and on this case the guy is obviously an unfortunate idiot. If you're going to run the most prominent/famous piracy site in the world, you gotta keep really clean. Anything else is asking for trouble.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:31   #20
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
I don't see how enabling a crime to occur can be illegal. Do we prosecute knife manufacturers if someone is stabbed? Or gun manufacturers when someone is shot? Or car manufacturers when someone is killed by a drunk driver? The only person who should be in trouble is the person who actually committed the crime.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:35   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
The only person who should be in trouble is the person who actually committed the crime.
I think the argument is possibly (similar to the gun laws one) is that while guns, knives, cars, etc aren't sold with the intention of the owner committing a crime. Mod chips (I suppose) are...

Not that I agree with any of this of course, but that's the US Senate for you. There's plenty of DMCA related links in the Slashdot archives so if you're interested, you can probably get the whole rationale for it.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:51   #22
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Geeza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
twilight sone
I was thinking to myself as i read this... "where has the Z gone from Zone?"

Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
at great prizes".
Oh...there it is.... now where has that C gone to

Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick eagle looking at the sky.
---
Zak
Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:55   #23
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Alright Zed.

English only please. The goes for all subsequent posts as well.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 7 Mar 2003 at 22:05.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 19:50   #24
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Dad why did u never tell me? u said u were going away on holiday. and u said the old woman down the street gave u those mod chips....
/me has a tear in eye
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 20:26   #25
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I think the argument is that guns aren't sold with the intention of the owner committing a crime
Your NRA membership is in the post.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 20:40   #26
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Get the bumper sticker today !
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote