User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:20   #1
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Case Modding

After reading xtrasyn's thread about modding his case, I've been reading up on the subject, on various websites, and I have to say I am literally amazed at what it is possible to do. If I had the time, patience and money to actually do something along the lines of what I've seen on the 'net I would.
If anything, I would put a window in the side of my case, with a nice neon light.

I'm just wondering what all your views are on this subject. I know from certain irc channels that some people look on case modding with nothing less than utter disgust and contempt, but I also know just from the large community surrounding it that it is a highly popular pastime.

Your views/thoughts? Have any of you modded your case in anyway?

flames and spam will be dealt with in the usual manner.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:26   #2
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Re: Case Modding

Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
flames and spam will be dealt with in the usual manner.
Belgerath Harsh But Fair

Wait...

Belgerath Harsh and Unfair

But anyway, How much £ will it cost to put a window in and a bunch a Neons in my Current Bog Standard Midi-Tower
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:43   #3
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Case Modding

Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer

Your views/thoughts? Have any of you modded your case in anyway?
I think case modding is ace if you do it properly. I have a design here for the 'furnaces of hell'.. a case mod I will one day embark on when I have the cash and time. failing that, I'm going to go for a steampunk style with brushed aluminium tubing, fans and chimneys.. kinda how I would imagine a computer to look if it ran on steam.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:53   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I've seen quite a few modded cases and I love them... I've once see na guy with his 5inch bays replaced with a watertank for his water cooling. It was big enough to have a few fishes in it

You can buy ready-made cases with windows and lights, but they are hardly original. Also in my opinion they look to "funky". Advantage is that you don't have to come near your case with a grinder and possibly feck a perfectly good case.

If I were to mod my case I'd go for the new-age stylish look:
alluminium case, edged window half over the top and side, finished with a black rubber.
A red or blue light, depending on motherboard color.
Display in the front with accurate status information.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:56   #5
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
this is a nice one
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:09   #6
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
i want a seethrough case with a disco ball in it.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:15   #7
Lord Talon

Lord Talon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
this is a nice one

That one is pretty cool. I wonder how fragile something like that would be?
Lord Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:15   #8
Timmeh

http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/casecutting/
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:46   #9
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
I saw the best mod i've ever at a comp fair in uni the other day

it was a clear case, loads of lights, bells, whistles etc , very nice looking lcd display at the front
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 23:28   #10
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Geeza is on a distinguished road
My old house mate from Uni gave modding a go, made all the holes, cut the plastic - annoyed the hell out of everyone with the damn noise.

Here is his amateur first attempt

*Rar Rar Rasputine

*thanx go to lenin for hosting, my mum for teaching me the difference between right and wrong, thank you to god for not really existing, thanx to my manager for giving me a job even though i spilt water on you at the interview....and to all my fans for their excellent wind blowing techniques.
Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick eagle looking at the sky.
---
Zak
Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 23:32   #11
Dace

"ricers" are pathetic individuals who deserve to die in pain.