User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 25 Oct 2002, 23:22   #51
ZyrKx
sexier than you

ZyrKx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Boredom

Well obviously you haven't, or you would be more understanding.
I suffered from depression, I contemplated suicide many times, Iwhen doing so I always decided not to 'wuss out'.

Eventually I sorted out my problems rather than taking the cowardly selfish way out.
Without a tear I draw my parting groan
Unread 25 Oct 2002, 23:23   #52
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Boredom

Troll.

"THAT'S RICH!"
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Unread 25 Oct 2002, 23:24   #53
eple
Voodoo chile

eple is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Phang

well, i don't respect him for screwing over his family/friends, for one. and if he was unstable this is less clear cut, obviously, but if his family were aware of his condition then i have little respect for them for not helping him.
his mother died when he was a kid, his father died a few years later. He was staying with different foster parents. You know, there are reasons these things happen, it's not just an ******* waking up one morning thinking "Hey, i hate my family, I better kill myself, that'll really screw them up, now where is that rope" ferchristssake, you sure are a twat.
"Nästa melodi som bob hund skall spela nu skrevs långt... långt, långt innan polisen började KASTA... avundsjuka blickar på ungdomarna som speglade sig i skyltfönstren som låg på marken!... Tolka det hur fan ni vill!... Vissa revolutioner sker i badrummet, andra på andra stanser; det är bara upp till er! Det är inte alltid det räcker med att slå hårdare ifrån sig än man behöver! Ibland räcker det med att säga SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT! SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT!!!"
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 02:49   #54
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
I suggest Illogical be banned, he's obviously making death threats here, and while the rule about harrasment and threats may have been removed, he's also flaming and attempting to insult those who laugh at death. It honestly surprises me that no moderator has seen this yett.

Note, tho I have been calling for moderator actions at both of the threads dealing with death, I in no way encourage -in fact, I actively discourage- a rule against this topic. I suggest reasoned debate is the way to go, and further suggest the moderator staff be expanded if they are unable to moderate posts, and still have to moderate threads based on it's replies.
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 03:56   #55
XeroX

XeroX is an unknown quantity at this point
ppl who flame ppl that are DEAD are losers, ppl who doesnt understand another human-beeings pain are losers, ppl who got no clue what the fk they are talking about and STILL makes stupid statements are losers.

if you actually got ur asses out of the chair ur sitting in, and got out, socialized and made friends you may have understood

and since ur so "cool" and "l33t", come knock on my door once eh?

myself and reameny (mostly ream) has experienced more **** than you could ever imagine..some ppl know what happened to me last round, some dont...

just because you dont have the intelligence to understand another human beeing, you dont have to make stupid statements you got no clue about.

Common now honey - bring it on, bring it on
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 06:00   #56
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally posted by XeroX
ppl who flame ppl that are DEAD are losers,
People who lose, are losers.
Quote:
ppl who doesnt understand another human-beeings pain are losers
Understand? Or sympathise? Or respect? I'm pretty confident I can understand human pain as much as the next guy. I might not give it much respect, and certainly don't treat it as a taboo.
Quote:
, ppl who got no clue what the fk they are talking about and STILL makes stupid statements are losers.
I'd call people who make stupid statements (*cough*) stupid, regardless of their cluity. I doubt anyone you are intending to refer to are totally without clue tho.
Quote:

if you actually got ur asses out of the chair ur sitting in, and got out, socialized and made friends you may have understood
Ah, the "real life" defence. I guess my friends that I socialize with without "getting my ass out of the chair" (something I can do perfectly well without facing people like you)don't count? Remember what you are doing at this very moment.
Quote:

and since ur so "cool" and "l33t", come knock on my door once eh?
I do this from time to time, as it annoys me that people like you can issue threats or challenges like these with impunity:

Name: John Raymond Wold
Address: Vestbyveien 31C, 0976 Grorud, Norway

Now, if you would post your own, I would make sure I dropped by and told you my honest opinion, and let you try your worst, next time I'm close to your location.
Quote:

myself and reameny (mostly ream) has experienced more **** than you could ever imagine..some ppl know what happened to me last round, some dont...
I can imagine some tough ****. I can probably imagine stuff your mind would even refuse to contemplate. You know nothing of our experience with ****
Quote:

just because you dont have the intelligence to understand another human beeing, you dont have to make stupid statements you got no clue about.
I'm sorry I have to quote MTV at you, but "You think you know, but you have NO idea..."
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 06:24   #57
XeroX

XeroX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Although it has been said a thousand times, I will say it again: Arguments appear and work differently on the Internet than in person. E-mail or Usenet news messages are delivered in their entirety, without being interrupted by points made from other individuals. That is, you have ample time to write your response. Because you have that time, you might deliver a more scathing reply than you would in person. Moreover, people say the most outrageous things when hiding behind a computer, things they would never utter in public. Always consider these matters. That settled, I want to examine a few tools of warfare between individuals.
tell me if you ever plan going to the neighbourhood of sandefjord.

"be smart, dont act smart"

Common now honey - bring it on, bring it on
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 11:48   #58
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by ZyrKx

I have experienced severe depression.

People who commit suicide are cowards, unable to face and deal with their problems. Humanity is better off without them.
If you REALLY had suffered from severe depression then you would not be of that opinion. People who take their own lives actually need one hell of alot of balls to do so, taking your own life is not something that is easily done or without serious thought.
I don't see these poor people as cowards, just a person who can not deal with things life has thrown at them no matter how hard they try. Being married to a man who has been seriously ill with depression for the last two years, I have seen many things transpire, including his wish to self harm and the wish to take his own life. ( he has a very good job, earns good money and is under the age of 30, basically has everything he could possibly want, yet still suffers from depression ) People suffering from depression are often not in control of their own lives, getting out of bed in the morning is like climbing a huge mountain, day to day tasks are a near impossiblility, simple things most people who don't suffer from this illness take for granted are impossible.
It is a sad fact that alot of people attach a stigma toward mental health problems, this stems from their ignorance of the illness and through that ignorance they are quick to judge depression sufferers. Depression is an illness not a weakness, alot of the time this can be treated successfully with tablets, although getting the right doseage can take alot of trial and error due to the chemical inbalances within the brain. Sadly due to the stereotyping of mental health issues alot of sufferers, although aware of their problems go untreated and land up in the situation like XeroX's friend did.

XeroX, I'm sorry to hear about your friend, you have my condolences.
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 12:48   #59
Lord Boredom

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice-Lady

If you REALLY had suffered from severe depression then you would not be of that opinion. People who take their own lives actually need one hell of alot of balls to do so, taking your own life is not something that is easily done or without serious thought.
I don't see these poor people as cowards, just a person who can not deal with things life has thrown at them no matter how hard they try. Being married to a man who has been seriously ill with depression for the last two years, I have seen many things transpire, including his wish to self harm and the wish to take his own life. ( he has a very good job, earns good money and is under the age of 30, basically has everything he could possibly want, yet still suffers from depression ) People suffering from depression are often not in control of their own lives, getting out of bed in the morning is like climbing a huge mountain, day to day tasks are a near impossiblility, simple things most people who don't suffer from this illness take for granted are impossible.
It is a sad fact that alot of people attach a stigma toward mental health problems, this stems from their ignorance of the illness and through that ignorance they are quick to judge depression sufferers. Depression is an illness not a weakness, alot of the time this can be treated successfully with tablets, although getting the right doseage can take alot of trial and error due to the chemical inbalances within the brain. Sadly due to the stereotyping of mental health issues alot of sufferers, although aware of their problems go untreated and land up in the situation like XeroX's friend did.

ditto.

Unread 26 Oct 2002, 13:00   #60
dex-dragon

Quote:

Unread 26 Oct 2002, 13:04   #61
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
I refuse to be a party to the argument. That says all that needs to be said.
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 13:40   #62
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
It takes a lot of balls to take their own life?

I'd say it was the 'easy way out'.

Directed at Ice-Lady btw
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 13:55   #63
YahweII

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk

I refuse to be a party to the argument. That says all that needs to be said.
trite crap

Unread 26 Oct 2002, 13:59   #64
SilverBullet

im sad to see how some ppl reply. they show no respect whatsover and are violating all religions basic rule: be nice to each other. their parents apperently couldnt raise their children right. so pls dont be offended by those retards. maybe time and the pain of loosing ppl close to them will show them the light.

my condolences

Unread 26 Oct 2002, 14:01   #65
YahweII

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverBullet
im sad to see how some ppl reply. they show no respect whatsover and are violating all religions basic rule: be nice to each other. their parents apperently couldnt raise their children right. so pls dont be offended by those retards. maybe time and the pain of loosing ppl close to them will show them the light.

my condolences
there are many religions who have no such basic rule, you brainwashed twat.

Unread 26 Oct 2002, 15:06   #66
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverBullet

my condolences
Religion does not have a monopoly on moral codes.

Being nice is doing harm. Being offensive is helping.
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 15:30   #67
ZyrKx
sexier than you

ZyrKx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

That is what life was like for me until about 10-12 months ago.

I got through it, so can others.

If there is a single person in the world who cares for you, suicide is selfish. Give up on your own problems and hurt the people who care about you. Great solution.
Without a tear I draw my parting groan
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 15:50   #68
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by ZyrKx

That is what life was like for me until about 10-12 months ago.

I got through it, so can others.

If there is a single person in the world who cares for you, suicide is selfish. Give up on your own problems and hurt the people who care about you. Great solution.
Yes people do get through it, seeing as 1 in 5 people suffer from depression, I would say that was a good thing!. It's nice to you know you made it through to the other side. That in it's self will give hope and encouragment to others.
Suicide is selfish when it comes to the sufferers family and friends, I agree, but there is also the sufferers side to be seen here. There are times that the person with depression sees no way out as they become "blinded" and "consumed" by this dreadful illness. Life becomes just so intolerable they see no other option and in the vast majority of cases are so withdrawn into themselves they do not consider the consequences of their action. We must remember these people are not of sound mind when they take this drastic action and therefore do not realise the implications and trauma it causes to those left behind.
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 22:53   #69
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by W

Being nice is doing harm. Being offensive is helping.
I'm actually fully in agreement with you (for once).

However, it seems I don't have the stomach to do "the dirty work."

I'd feel guilty about not doing my part, but it seems there are plenty who actually enjoy doing what needs to be done.

Godspeed. If necessary, I will contribute.

Oh, and I am actually taking a 'stance' here, so I could actually be wrong about something. Feel free to debate.
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 23:11   #70
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by eple

his mother died when he was a kid, his father died a few years later. He was staying with different foster parents. You know, there are reasons these things happen, it's not just an ******* waking up one morning thinking "Hey, i hate my family, I better kill myself, that'll really screw them up, now where is that rope" ferchristssake, you sure are a twat.

couldn't reply sooner..

if he commited suicide DUE TO his illness, that is a different kettle of fish entirely. however. if he had the ..awareness to think of the consequences, and still topped himself, my point stands.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 00:13   #71
eple
Voodoo chile

Quote:

couldn't reply sooner..

if he commited suicide DUE TO his illness, that is a different kettle of fish entirely. however. if he had the ..awareness to think of the consequences, and still topped himself, my point stands.

If that is the credentials you are looking for in a suicide, I think you will have to search for a loong time. Suicide is not usually a matter of higher thinking and logical conclutions. In this case the guy was depressed and drunk.

A suicide just for the heck of it seems rare and illogical wouldn't you say? Are you looking for a suicide not affected by things like depressions, mental states, intoxication or personal tragedy? I have myself never heard of such a case of suicide, I doubt there have been many.

in that case your (and many other spammers here on the boards) "points" regarding a tragic subject as suicide hardly stands, let alone holds any relevance, as the suicides you condemn does not exist.

mmmmkay?

Now stfu

oh by the way, it is late and I am nrwegian. Hope The spelling isn't too bad.
"Nästa melodi som bob hund skall spela nu skrevs långt... långt, långt innan polisen började KASTA... avundsjuka blickar på ungdomarna som speglade sig i skyltfönstren som låg på marken!... Tolka det hur fan ni vill!... Vissa revolutioner sker i badrummet, andra på andra stanser; det är bara upp till er! Det är inte alltid det räcker med att slå hårdare ifrån sig än man behöver! Ibland räcker det med att säga SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT! SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT!!!"
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 00:17   #72
Androme

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
Only losers commit suicide.

Unread 27 Oct 2002, 09:22   #73
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:

If that is the credentials you are looking for in a suicide, I think you will have to search for a loong time. Suicide is not usually a matter of higher thinking and logical conclutions. In this case the guy was depressed and drunk.

A suicide just for the heck of it seems rare and illogical wouldn't you say? Are you looking for a suicide not affected by things like depressions, mental states, intoxication or personal tragedy? I have myself never heard of such a case of suicide, I doubt there have been many.

in that case your (and many other spammers here on the boards) "points" regarding a tragic subject as suicide hardly stands, let alone holds any relevance, as the suicides you condemn does not exist.

Being depressed does not enter into it. If you are putting the blame on drink then as his ability to think was impaired IT IS DIFFERENT.

Of the things you list, only mental illness and intoxication are relevant. Personal tragedy is not an excuse for suicide.

by "points" do you mean "thinks that don't fit the Norwegian media's world view? and don't tell me my points are wrong when you invented the points you dismiss.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 09:57   #74
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Geeza is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Personal tragedy is not an excuse for suicide.
agreed

The old argument 'you don't know what he went through....his life was hard......his dad died......etc etc' just doesn't cut it - many people go through levels of s**t in their lives that you couldn't even begin to understand and carry on.

It's how you respond to the tragedies, the hardships and the bad times that shows the kind of person you are.

I don't think 'giving up on life' is the answer to any problem.

That said, im sorry your friend felt the need to kill himself, losing someone close to you is tough, you have my condolences. But, neither you nor your friend hold the monolopy on grief.

It must be hard to hear people call your friend a 'loser', but does the opinion of people on here really matter that much to you?
Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick eagle looking at the sky.
---
Zak
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 19:40   #75
eple
Voodoo chile

Quote:

Being depressed does not enter into it. If you are putting the blame on drink then as his ability to think was impaired IT IS DIFFERENT.

Of the things you list, only mental illness and intoxication are relevant. Personal tragedy is not an excuse for suicide.

by "points" do you mean "thinks that don't fit the Norwegian media's world view? and don't tell me my points are wrong when you invented the points you dismiss.
what the **** does this have to do with the Norwegian medias world view?

The media don't even write about suicide as such (It is considered good press ethics in Norway not to write about suicide unless it is extremely important).

You accuse me of putting words in your mouth, I hardly see how.

The argument you claim is still wrong. Suicide is not evil, it's not an act of cowardice, or bravery or laziness. It is an act of desperation and hopelessness. Not respecting people who have felt victim of this is not ony stupid, but also cruel and senseless towards the people who are left behind.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 20:12   #76
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
The argument you claim is still wrong. Suicide is not evil, it's not an act of cowardice, or bravery or laziness. It is an act of desperation and hopelessness. Not respecting people who have felt victim of this is not ony stupid, but also cruel and senseless towards the people who are left behind.

Erm...actually, its an act of cowardice in the face of desparation.

And I have nothing against the family of the deceased U-N-L-E-S-S THEY KNEW HE WAS SUICIDAL. or are you telling me he just randomly commited suicide and didn't think of the implications?

I also refuse to give sympathy to anyone who loses somebody to suicide and respects said suicide.

Unless you have "9-11 Little Girl Complex"*, the line about respecting suicide cases is also nonsensical.

*as in 'the people in the planes that hit the WTC were heroes!' etc.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 20:35   #77
eple
Voodoo chile

Quote:

Erm...actually, its an act of cowardice in the face of desparation.

And I have nothing against the family of the deceased U-N-L-E-S-S THEY KNEW HE WAS SUICIDAL. or are you telling me he just randomly commited suicide and didn't think of the implications?

I also refuse to give sympathy to anyone who loses somebody to suicide and respects said suicide.

Unless you have "9-11 Little Girl Complex"*, the line about respecting suicide cases is also nonsensical.

*as in 'the people in the planes that hit the WTC were heroes!' etc.

firstly: **** you, just to get that done with.

I am not a little girl, I am not a fanatic praising suicidal bombers, I am not a naive tosser thinking suicide happen randomly. I meerly believe that suicide is something one should handle with respect and sense. Especially sonsidering the fact that noone knows how low you can sink before you kill yourself (pretty obvious, if you survived, you didn't reach the bottom)

So don't pretend you have any idea how it feels like to hit the bottom. You cannot ever know, neither can I. If we ever get so far, we woudn't live to tell the tale would we?

wanker.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 20:44   #78
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Quote:

So don't pretend you have any idea how it feels like to hit the bottom. You cannot ever know, neither can I. If we ever get so far, we woudn't live to tell the tale would we?
this is exactly the point I tried to make in my earlier post, and that others have tried to make to you. You're too emotional to see it.

Person A, has friends and family who love him, but has some truly terrible events all in a short space of time, he gets depressed - he kills himself

Person B, is in exactly the same situation as person A, except he pulls himself out of it - believing that suicide isn't the last resort - suicide is simply not a choice.

You seem to think that if 2 people go through identical hardships that causes one of them to commit suicide...then the other would do the same. This is simply not how people work, if you are "strong" enough you can get through it......

We aren't all the same, so don't presume that we would fold under the pressure where others have collapsed and don't assume that we haven't faced difficulties and depression - or hit the bottom. Just because we were strong enough to come out of it, Suicide is NOT the only outcome of a person hitting rock bottom.

[edit] I also refer you back to my post, particularly the section where i give my condolonces, I am NOT trying to disrespect you/your friend and i don't want to cause you grief. Your belief that you know everything there is to know about depression, suicide and human responses to misery, is the only reason im posting.
---
Zak

Last edited by Geeza; 27 Oct 2002 at 20:51.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 21:00   #79
eple
Voodoo chile

Quote:
Originally posted by Geeza
this is exactly the point I tried to make in my earlier post, and that others have tried to make to you. You're too emotional to see it.

Person A, has friends and family who love him, but has some truly terrible events all in a short space of time, he gets depressed - he kills himself

Person B, is in exactly the same situation as person A, except he pulls himself out of it - believing that suicide isn't the last resort - suicide is simply not a choice.

You seem to think that if 2 people go through identical hardships that causes one of them to commit suicide...then the other would do the same. This is simply not how people work, if you are "strong" enough you can get through it......

but how low you get depends on how "strong" you are right?

WELL THEN THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IS THERE?

Some people are mentally stronger than others. but everybody can hit the wall, the only difference is where the line is set. Point is: Noone can tell how you should "be strong" when one killed oneself, it was because things got too hard, and you were not "strong" enough. True, but this is not a reason to say that those who weren't "strong" enough were cowards, they were meerly pushed too far.

ass.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 21:01   #80
eple
Voodoo chile

i do hope that last post made sense, have to run to watch the west wing ;P
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 22:09   #81
lcd

Quote:
I am not a little girl, I am not a fanatic praising suicidal bombers, I am not a naive tosser thinking suicide happen randomly. I meerly believe that suicide is something one should handle with respect and sense. Especially sonsidering the fact that noone knows how low you can sink before you kill yourself (pretty obvious, if you survived, you didn't reach the bottom)

actually i meant the hostages.....

and you didn't understand what was being said. the point is, in the same situations a coward will opt out whereas sombody strong will fight. If the guy was depressed, why didn't he talk to people or people talk to him?

and calling me a wanker, while adding limitless weight to your argument, has the drawback of showing that 'debate' and yourself don't mix.

Unread 27 Oct 2002, 22:26   #82

Quote:

a gu I used to know lost his brother to suicide. His brother was drunk, depressed, mentally unstable and his girlfriend had just broke up with him. He hanged himself in the showers.

this is a rather good definition of a loser.

Unread 27 Oct 2002, 22:34   #83

Quote:

what the **** does this have to do with the Norwegian medias world view?

The media don't even write about suicide as such (It is considered good press ethics in Norway not to write about suicide unless it is extremely important).

You accuse me of putting words in your mouth, I hardly see how.

desperate and hopeless is another good description of a loser. thank you for helping

Unread 27 Oct 2002, 23:04   #84
eple
Voodoo chile

Quote:
Originally posted by flyins

desperate and hopeless is another good description of a loser. thank you for helping
your sole being is another good exapmle of a loser. Thank you for helping.

Last edited by eple; 27 Oct 2002 at 23:15.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 23:13   #85
eple
Voodoo chile

Quote:
Originally posted by lcd

actually i meant the hostages.....

and you didn't understand what was being said. the point is, in the same situations a coward will opt out whereas sombody strong will fight. If the guy was depressed, why didn't he talk to people or people talk to him?

and calling me a wanker, while adding limitless weight to your argument, has the drawback of showing that 'debate' and yourself don't mix.
sorry, wached weebl and bob while posting, got influenced

Go ahead, bash people who killed themselves. I'm feel I'll repeat myself too much if I keep on argumenting here. We will not know why he or she did or did'nt do so and so instead of taking their life, because those people didn't live to tell, and nobody will. The only people who lives to tell is those who were "strong" or maybe not desperate enough to do someting aw drastic and horrible as killing theirself.
Therefore, the only points regarding this issue from people with severe depressions will be "only the weak kills themselves" naturally, because the people saying this have been fortunate enough not to get that far yet.

get it now? I am not sure is I wish to repeat this anymore.

the interesting question here is wether or not there exist situatiuons where no human being will be able to shake it off and live on.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 23:17   #86
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough
is anyone ever gonner end this freak emotionaly charged flame-fest?
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 23:28   #87
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Quote:

Some people are mentally stronger than others. but everybody can hit the wall, the only difference is where the line is set. Point is: Noone can tell how you should "be strong" when one killed oneself, it was because things got too hard, and you were not "strong" enough. True, but this is not a reason to say that those who weren't "strong" enough were cowards, they were meerly pushed too far.
I disagree, You've moved on from "if you were faced with [Insert events that happened to a suicider] then you would kill yourself too" Now your saying, everyone has a level, a point at which they'll say "well to hell with this, life just isn't worth living" and will kill themselves.

I disagree with both. Some people can't handle it, they bottle out, and kill themselves - the rest of us work through our problems, I refuse to be told that there is a level, a point somewhere that will make me kill myself - just thinking about it now, I imagine all the people i'd leave behind, the pain i'd cause just for my own personal relief - and i find that im not that selfish.
---
Zak
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 23:34   #88
eple
Voodoo chile

Quote:
Originally posted by Geeza
I disagree, You've moved on from "if you were faced with [Insert events that happened to a suicider] then you would kill yourself too" Now your saying, everyone has a level, a point at which they'll say "well to hell with this, life just isn't worth living" and will kill themselves.

I disagree with both. Some people can't handle it, they bottle out, and kill themselves - the rest of us work through our problems, I refuse to be told that there is a level, a point somewhere that will make me kill myself - just thinking about it now, I imagine all the people i'd leave behind, the pain i'd cause just for my own personal relief - and i find that im not that selfish.
I have no statistics on this, but I would think that not all people who commit suicide neccesarily left behind a great family and lots of good friends.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 23:47   #89
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Quote:

I have no statistics on this, but I would think that not all people who commit suicide neccesarily left behind a great family and lots of good friends.
this of course, doesn't 'excuse' it, or make it 'better' - In my own mind though, it is easier to understand.... im not sure i could ever comprehend someone with friends/family killing themselves.
---
Zak
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 23:59   #90

Quote:

your sole being is another good exapmle of a loser. Thank you for helping.
'good one'

Unread 28 Oct 2002, 00:01   #91

Quote:

'the gift of life'

you either aren't listening or actually are as fantastically stupid as you sound.

Unread 28 Oct 2002, 00:23   #92
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
this is something that pisses me off. (how surprising)

How is suicide selfish?

You havent thought it through

Suicide is personal, its your own. Its not anyone elses.

Its something people resort to (who have thought it through) when they have nothing or nobody left, and nothing is worth living for any more.

Now.

If this is a selfish act, they must be denying themselves and their presence to other people.

But if these other people cared enough, they would understand and help, and the person wouldhnt have felt so bad in the first place.

if i committed suicide, id be thinking of me - and why not? Why should i live to serve others who dont care enough to let me feel happy? If they would miss me if i was dead, surely by definition they are meant to be my friends, and hence would do things for me so that my life wasnt so ****ing miserable.

Suicide is your own. If others care enough, theyd stop it happening. If they didnt, then they have no right to miss you.

Also

everyone has a breaking point. this is undeniable

some have better self restraint than others, this is genetic, and historic. its nothing to do with being a "loser" (so kindly shut the **** up)

Everyone has a breaking point. Your lying if you say they done

if i tied you up, and tortured you in every way possible while keeping you alive for eternity, and gave you a button to press if you wanted to kill yourself, youd do it. Sooner than you think

Being suicidal is not something to be afraid of, but it is something you have to be sure of. If you even have a doubt at the back of your mind, you arent suicidal.

-A winning D

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 01:45   #93

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
random assumptions and leaps of logic
you've proven nothing other than an inability to read

Unread 28 Oct 2002, 01:59   #94
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by flyins

you've proven nothing other than an inability to read
you are actually a self righteous ****.

Re read my post, and then quote the bits you have issues with.

The fact you dont have a comeback is proving your ****ness, and inability to win.

Unread 28 Oct 2002, 02:22   #95

Quote:

you are actually a self righteous ****.

Re read my post, and then quote the bits you have issues with.

The fact you dont have a comeback is proving your ****ness, and inability to win.
your whole post is offensively ignorant.

i didn't bother to 'comeback' because ive stated my position several times before, clearly and concisely. your lack of ability to 'get it', while amusing, is hardly alarming to me.

win? my dear boy, this has nothing to do with 'winning'. this is about trying to get people to see 'common sense' and 'reality'. you're so hung up on some juvenile need to 'win' you cant open your mind through that thick skull.

Unread 28 Oct 2002, 02:50   #96
W
Gubbish

Quote:
everyone has a breaking point. this is undeniable

some have better self restraint than others, this is genetic, and historic. its nothing to do with being a "loser" (so kindly shut the **** up)

Everyone has a breaking point. Your lying if you say they done

if i tied you up, and tortured you in every way possible while keeping you alive for eternity, and gave you a button to press if you wanted to kill yourself, youd do it. Sooner than you think
You have NO idea what you're talking about, your arrogance in thinking you can understand other peoples minds is only matched with calling people like me liars. Atleast someone calling a suicider a loser are right in some sense of the word. Calling someone a liar about things you cannot know for a fact, is a pure insult. No serious point can lie behind it.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 02:58   #97
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by W

You have NO idea what you're talking about, your arrogance in thinking you can understand other peoples minds is only matched with calling people like me liars. Atleast someone calling a suicider a loser are right in some sense of the word. Calling someone a liar about things you cannot know for a fact, is a pure insult. No serious point can lie behind it.

Deny to me, point blank, with no attachments that if tortured extensively, you wouldnt eventually want death.

Calling someone a loser because they are suicidal is pathetic. The losers are those with such closed minds are yourself.

And who said i was reading others minds?

The funny thing is you are convinced you are right. Im not the one with the closed minded view, "suicide is for losers", so rethinks the arrogance.

flyins, you have some problems. nothing more to be said. You neither read, think, nor are able to even conceive that others might be, and indeed are right. You are ****.

Unread 28 Oct 2002, 03:06   #98
W
Gubbish

Quote:

Deny to me, point blank, with no attachments that if tortured extensively, you wouldnt eventually want death.

Calling someone a loser because they are suicidal is pathetic. The losers are those with such closed minds are yourself.

And who said i was reading others minds?

The funny thing is you are convinced you are right. Im not the one with the closed minded view, "suicide is for losers", so rethinks the arrogance.

flyins, you have some problems. nothing more to be said. You neither read, think, nor are able to even conceive that others might be, and indeed are right. You are ****.
I hereby assert, that no matter the circumstances or form of my existance, I will never willingly give up my existance, neither by action nor by inaction.

Calling someone a loser might be pathetic. It might also be true. Please note that I'm not the one that said the suicider was a loser, I just defended the one who did.

If being convinced (as in having a firm belief) you are right is arrogance, then arrogance is a good thing. That's not what I meant by the word tho. Try a dictionary to figure it out. Again note that I'm not the one saying suicide is for losers (tho I agree that in some sense it is true, and that stating it makes a point, something your lier accusation does not.)
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 03:13   #99
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

It is my honest and truthful opinion, that i dont believe you.

This isnt a slight on you, or anyone. Everyone has their breaking point.

Be it the torturing/ransom of loved ones in front of your eyes, physical pain, mental pain, and the sheer fact that the pain would be infinite, and youd be kept barely alive, no man alive could consent to living.

Take for example the other thread (save yourself or 100 people)

How about i turn that around and say "you commit suicide, or ill rape, and kill everyone youve ever loved or cared for"

could you still live with yourself then?

Unread 28 Oct 2002, 03:17   #100
W
Gubbish

Quote:
It is my honest and truthful opinion, that i dont believe you.
Which is a much more honest and meaningful thing to say than "you lie". We disagree in our beliefs, fine. I can live with that. If you can't, you're free to kill yourself.
Quote:

This isnt a slight on you, or anyone. Everyone has their breaking point.
Here you state it as if you knew it tho, that it wasn't jsut your belief.
Quote:

Be it the torturing/ransom of loved ones in front of your eyes, physical pain, mental pain, and the sheer fact that the pain would be infinite, and youd be kept barely alive, no man alive could consent to living.
I believe I can.
Quote:

Take for example the other thread (save yourself or 100 people)

How about i turn that around and say "you commit suicide, or ill rape, and kill everyone youve ever loved or cared for"

could you still live with yourself then?
Easilly. You have no imagination when it comes to designing terrible forms of existance.