User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

View Poll Results: Which set should be run for R74
Balanced set (Speedgame server) 42 51.22%
More random set (Beta server) 34 41.46%
I vote blank 6 7.32%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 4 Oct 2017, 19:55   #51
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: R74 shipstats choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Pure Harpies are always better against Co than Harpies with Phantoms, in any ratio.
My point is that this is false, a combination of the two is better against pure EMP. But add any significant Etd fleet to the mix and Harpy would be better due to init. For defensive support planets, I'd still pick Phantom any day, but Harpy is pretty good for those that attack or only defend with Alliance Fleets.

If we really do go down the road of changing Spider or Lancer to EMP vs Co, don't do a straight up fire-first interaction, but make one or the other higher init with very high ERes. Simply throwing 60-65% of value in Spider against a Cat Co inc will otherwise be the most used action in a DC's repertoire. Something like Beetle init 1, Spider 2, Flea 3, Moth 4, with increasing ERes to deal with being later EMP.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2017, 19:56   #52
Bazza[RB]

Bazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura about

I'm not a fan of ST in general but of the two sets I vote for the beta set as it looks more interesting

Played every round since r2. RB/Fury/Eclipse/Kralizec/MISTU/Angels/Urwins/Jenova/VisioN/audentes/xVx/Osiris/apprime/FaNG/Ultores/p3n/Mercenaries/ZT/ND
Bazza[RB] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2017, 20:09   #53
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
My point is that this is false, a combination of the two is better against pure EMP.
Whoops. You're 100% correct.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2017, 22:10   #54
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
...But Harpies are flak. Small and cheap, exactly what you want. I'm beginning to doubt whether you understand how EMP works.

That said, when your flak is better than the thing you're flakking, you should probably reconsider. Pure Harpies are always better against Co than Harpies with Phantoms, in any ratio. Better ERes against Beetles, better init against Vindicator. Against pure Cat I'd prefer the Vindicator (even better ERes, more damage), but beating both Co fleets with a single ship is worth losing a bit of efficiency vs. Cat.

(It is too bad you can't fake them, though.)
Does the fact phantoms can be faked outweigh what they lack in the flak department? Is Harpy truly viable in an alliance strat? Or do we just discount Terran because of Cats strength?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2017, 22:42   #55
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I only posted because I thought I saw a flaw in Patrikc's argument. I was wrong, but in any case, I never took a position on whether Co, Harpy or Phantom are good or bad. I haven't done the detailed stat analysis required to answer your question.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 4 Oct 2017, 22:47   #56
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: R74 shipstats choices

Also, even ignoring the Nightmare, Fr makes it hard to justify going Bs. Viper being quite efficient along with the Shadow being expensive (targeted less + higher relative armor) means it easily beats Bs, and with a short travel time to boot.

Things to consider, though they may be moot with the Nightmare around:
Decreasing cost of Shadow
Decrease efficiency of Viper (at the very least I'd do this)
Increase cost of Wyv/Marauder (with appropriate ERes increase)
Increase Damage of above two ships, perhaps at the cost of armor

I don't see Cr doing very well, however as Kaiba said it might be a 'dark horse', catching unprepared alliances off guard. Would be cool if Nightmare was init4 vs De, then you could team with Etd using Fi pods! Going a bit off course here though...

De's only chance is to team with *drums* Cat Co. Banshee+Spider or simply the Cutlass are easy covers with tt advantage.
Unread 4 Oct 2017, 23:44   #57
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

So Cat Co round it is?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2017, 23:59   #58
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Also, even ignoring the Nightmare, Fr makes it hard to justify going Bs. Viper being quite efficient along with the Shadow being expensive (targeted less + higher relative armor) means it easily beats Bs, and with a short travel time to boot.

Things to consider, though they may be moot with the Nightmare around:
Decreasing cost of Shadow
Decrease efficiency of Viper (at the very least I'd do this)
Increase cost of Wyv/Marauder (with appropriate ERes increase)
Increase Damage of above two ships, perhaps at the cost of armor

I don't see Cr doing very well, however as Kaiba said it might be a 'dark horse', catching unprepared alliances off guard. Would be cool if Nightmare was init4 vs De, then you could team with Etd using Fi pods! Going a bit off course here though...

De's only chance is to team with *drums* Cat Co. Banshee+Spider or simply the Cutlass are easy covers with tt advantage.

Yeah I think on a large scale CR doesn't work out, but that 30 man ally that goes full CR is gonna be a pain in the twat.

Also no worries mz, it was just out of interest. I can't play PA with these stats so it won't affect my round.
Unread 5 Oct 2017, 20:30   #59
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

My final review of the R74 stats is done. Hope i didn't miss anything.

The final set can be found here. It should be announced as final tomorrow aswell by appocomaster when he makes his round changes post.

There were a few more changes than I expected because of a new feature making its entrance in R74. This feature affected the shipstats. I tried to adjust the shipstats as best as possible to take this new feature into account. But since it's new i don't have any experience with it either. So let's hope i made the right choices.

My final advise is wait for the new feature to be announced before looking at the shipstats further because it will change your interpretation of them.

Hope you all have a fun round
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2017, 20:55   #60
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

I think you should tell us about the new feature. Now we can't complain the set sucks.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2017, 21:09   #61
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
I think you should tell us about the new feature. Now we can't complain the set sucks.
I'm aware

Only wish this bliss could last longer than a day.
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2017, 21:24   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Now we can't complain the set sucks.
oh no

oh

no
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 06:18   #63
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

A xan Fr with less armour and less damage than a xan Co, is there a mistake (ghost vs rev)?

Does the new feature have to do with the reflective technology ?

Last edited by Makhil; 6 Oct 2017 at 06:41.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 07:50   #64
Mzyxptlk
mz.

That does seem like an awfully large Co.
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 10:36   #65
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
A xan Fr with less armour and less damage than a xan Co, is there a mistake (ghost vs rev)?

Does the new feature have to do with the reflective technology ?
I do think this is a mistake. We will see the reflective ships, if approved, as soon as next round. It needs to be coded first. It's some other feature.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 11:58   #66
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alezzar View Post
I do think this is a mistake. We will see the reflective ships, if approved, as soon as next round. It needs to be coded first. It's some other feature.
If you see reflective before round 80 I'll be surprised. It's not a simple inclusion. Need to work out they will work first

I imagine the new feature is PDS as its been asked for for ages
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 12:33   #67
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Yeah, basically any round before 80 would be a huge success. Not a coder, yet I can imagine this is not something simple to do.

Guess we will have to wait till tonight to learn about the new feature.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 14:09   #68
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

PDS as it has been used in PA is nothing more than unmovable ships. I doubt we will see them again in that form.
Maybe the return of some kind of priority attack... targets ships, or target roids, that would give extra kill power or roid capture.
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 17:20   #69
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Reflective ships?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 17:40   #70
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Looking very forward to the new race being introduced will make the game alot more interesting
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 18:22   #71
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintao View Post
My final review of the R74 stats is done. Hope i didn't miss anything.

The final set can be found here. It should be announced as final tomorrow aswell by appocomaster when he makes his round changes post.

There were a few more changes than I expected because of a new feature making its entrance in R74. This feature affected the shipstats. I tried to adjust the shipstats as best as possible

To prevent anyone else from being surprised, the big changes are Lancer now being EMP at init 1, Beetle moved to init 2. I also believe Mantis was not init 3 before, Cath is now very weak to Cr.
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 18:26   #72
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Reflective ships?
Check the suggestion here: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201433
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 6 Oct 2017, 22:21   #73
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Instead of spending time on discussing stats/changes, maybe someone should come up with a program/code that makes random stuff get implemented into stats or into the game.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2017, 06:03   #74
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

They listened to you butcher
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote