User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 26 Sep 2005, 16:18   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Is this is reasonably priced?

Quote:
"Titan Vantage" AMD Athlon 64 3200+ System (FS-009-OK)
If you are looking for high performance stylish looking system without the inflated cost then the new Titan is ideal. Titan Vantage is powerful enough for any task including all the latest games currently out too such as DOOM 3 and Half Life 2 offering an ultimate gaming experience and feature extremely low noise levels, you won't even know its on.

- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice CPU
- AMD approved cooler
- Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra PCI-Express Motherboard
- GeIL 1GB Value (2x512MB) DDR PC3200 CAS2.5 Dual Channel Kit
- 160GB Western Digital Serial ATA-2 8mb Cache Hard Drive
- Leadtek GeForce 6800 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Pioneer DVR-110 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
- Onboard 6 Channel Audio
- Floppy Drive
- Arctic Cooling Silentium Silent Midi Tower Case
- Seasonic True 350W Silent ATX Power Supply

Note - All Titan Vantage systems are built and installed on demand, during busy periods this may cause a delay of between 24 and 48 hours in despatching your order. The Titan can be supplied assembled with or without your choice of installed operating system but is supplied without keyboard, mouse, speakers or monitor (all of which are available elsewhere in this on-line store). The prices listed below are in addition to the system price.

Price: £549.00 (£645.08 Including VAT at 17.5%)
If not, can someone find better?

I got this off of overclocks.co.uk

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 17:25   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Is this is reasonably priced?

Looks good from where I'm sitting.
It's just depressing how much prices have fallen since I built my A64 rig 6 months ago
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 19:32   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Agreed with megla. That said, 350W to power that Graphics Card and everything else? Seems bit low. I have an older system with less power hungry equipment installed and I have to have a 400W PSU.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 20:17   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

the psu is relatively cheap and easy to upgrade though if it isnt meaty enough
its probably (barely) enough for that system, but any more devices and it might struggle.

That said - it looks a good buy to me, but prepare to be raped with ocuk's delivery charges - thats the main reason i dont shop there much
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 21:38   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh it's from OCUK is it?
*makes note to read thread properly*

You'd better pray nothing goes wrong then, their aftermarket service is widely regarded as being somewhere between abysmal and non-existant.
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 01:37   #6
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Agreed with megla. That said, 350W to power that Graphics Card and everything else? Seems bit low. I have an older system with less power hungry equipment installed and I have to have a 400W PSU.
i have a geforce 6600 256mb agp in a shuttle running perfectly on a 230watt psu. it doesnt sound to great to me price wise, i have a very similar system with a shuttle case and 19inch tft monitor (with 8ms refresh & 750:1 contrast) for 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Oh it's from OCUK is it?
*makes note to read thread properly*

You'd better pray nothing goes wrong then, their aftermarket service is widely regarded as being somewhere between abysmal and non-existant.
i buy a lot from ocuk and their aftermarket service has always been reletively good

edit: my mistake i buy my stuff from overclockers.co.uk not overclock.co.uk
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 21:02   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

[quote=Addedit: my mistake i buy my stuff from overclockers.co.uk not overclock.co.uk[/QUOTE]

OCUK is the abbreviation for OverClockers UK if you're implying it isn't.

I've ordered a lot from OCUK and while delivery is blistering fast with the standard recorded delivery I normally use (since I don't buy much typically only one item or light items) my after-service experience is worse than my experiences with O2 not too long ago who kept evading their responsibility to supply me with a PUK code (changing network, keeping number).
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 23:18   #8
Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
OCUK is the abbreviation for OverClockers UK if you're implying it isn't.

I've ordered a lot from OCUK and while delivery is blistering fast with the standard recorded delivery I normally use (since I don't buy much typically only one item or light items) my after-service experience is worse than my experiences with O2 not too long ago who kept evading their responsibility to supply me with a PUK code (changing network, keeping number).

ok then it was melga's mistake, i originally read OCUK and assumed overclockers but the thread starter posted a link to overclock.co.uk
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 23:29   #9
Add

Quote:
DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
AMD Athlon 64 3400 Newcastle 130nm (Socket 754) - OEM (CP-102-AM) 1
£99.95 £99.95
Asus K8VSE Deluxe VIA K8T800 (Socket 754) Motherboard (MB-037-AS) 1
£49.95 £49.95
OcUK Value 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 184pin DDR Memory Dual Channel Kit (MY-004-OK) 1
£59.95 £59.95
XFX GeForce 6600 256MB DDR TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail (PVT43KUDF7) (GX-043-XF) 1
£99.95 £99.95
Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 200GB 2000JB ATA-100 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-002-WD) 1
£53.50 £53.50
OcUK Value Floppy Drive - White (HD-000-OK) 1
£5.50 £5.50
AOpen DUW1608 Chameleon 16x DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter inc. Ivory/Black/Silver Bezels - Retail (CD-007-AO) 1
£25.80 £25.80
Arctic Cooling Silencer 64 Ultra CPU Cooler (Socket 754) (HS-015-AR) 1
£4.95 £4.95
Arctic Cooling T1 Silentium Silent Midi Tower Case - 350W Seasonic Silent PSU (CA-000-AR) 1
£49.95 £49.95
Subtotal £449.50
VAT £78.67
Total £528.17
just to keep it on topic, you could save about £100 if you built it yourself, i just threw that together, so you would have to check compatabilty etc
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 01:57   #10
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Just to clarify, I've always assumed OCUK = www.overclockers.co.uk and it was their (lack of) customer support to which I was refering.
It would appear add uses the same abbreviation for a different company.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 13:21   #11
Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Just to clarify, I've always assumed OCUK = www.overclockers.co.uk and it was their (lack of) customer support to which I was refering.
It would appear add uses the same abbreviation for a different company.
as does androme it would appear