User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Mar 2005, 21:58   #1
The Seal
*idle*

The Seal is on a distinguished road
Question How many wave amplifiers does a scanner need?

Will our large grup of community Terrans try to outgrow the ever growing bunch of devoted alliance scanners in their search for distorters and do they have a chance?
Or should they simply be satisfied to push out 60 Finance Centres in 240 ticks?

And does anybody know how many amplifiers the toughest blocker could withstand in r12?

The Seal
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 23:31   #2
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: How many wave amplifiers does a scanner need?

I have nfi.

But if you're being an ND scanbitch this round, just don't stop building amps 'til you exceed 200 plzta
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 23:55   #3
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

one more than whoever s/he is scanning.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 01:02   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

If nothing else, alternate between building amps and finance centers.

I don't know how many jammers the 'most unscannable' planet had, but I would imagine it was over 60.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 03:50   #5
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

as much amps as you can build in 2000 ticks

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 05:54   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
If nothing else, alternate between building amps and finance centers.

I don't know how many jammers the 'most unscannable' planet had, but I would imagine it was over 60.
I know a guy who had over 110.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 08:26   #7
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes in r11 that VsN guy had over 120
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2005, 13:48   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seal
Will our large grup of community Terrans try to outgrow the ever growing bunch of devoted alliance scanners in their search for distorters and do they have a chance?
Or should they simply be satisfied to push out 60 Finance Centres in 240 ticks?

And does anybody know how many amplifiers the toughest blocker could withstand in r12?

The Seal
I did finance centres last round didnt do me any harm.
If someone is going to scan you there is always gonna be someone with enough waves or you gonna get cov opped to death.
So then you got to build distorters and secuirty centres and lose out on resources while you are at it.
its a lose lose situation :P

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2005, 16:16   #9
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

i would say its very difficult to become unscanable. The devoted alliance scan whore is gonna have a lot of amps as they dont have to concentrate on anyhting else. If u have to many Distorters ur gonna end up losing a lot of them to covet ops and that means losing alot of amps as well.

I would settle for a few dist to keep away the pesky 1 amp crew and the rest early on fcs, reserch and facts
Unread 1 Apr 2005, 22:51   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

last rnd i had 150 amps or summet stupid like that, i didnt start being a scan whore till tick 500 or summet (i was cath too)
Unread 1 Apr 2005, 22:52   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh ye there was like 2 ppl in the game i cudnt scan one in my alliance one elsewhere :P
Unread 1 Apr 2005, 22:53   #12
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Rd12 i built nothing but distorters(part from factories ofc) for the 1st 200 tick, but decided to change to fin centres after that. Worked well in beginning, but doesnt really pay off unless you kepp it going all round...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 01:08   #13
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Rd12 i built nothing but distorters(part from factories ofc) for the 1st 200 tick, but decided to change to fin centres after that. Worked well in beginning, but doesnt really pay off unless you kepp it going all round...
i remember that i cudnt scan u at first, then you were easy pickings *g*
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 09:38   #14
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I knew a scanner in r12 with 130 amps, and a distorter person with 112 distorters.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 19:42   #15
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
i remember that i cudnt scan u at first, then you were easy pickings *g*
hehe, well that was the intention, if i could have kept it up the whole round i would have been unscannable !!!
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 21:42   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

A member of MISTU last round had 120 distorters iirc, and very few people landed on him till 1up suicided at the end If you're a scanner, you should almost completely build amps ... maybe 3 factories, 25-30 sec centres and the rest amps.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 21:48   #17
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
A member of MISTU last round had 120 distorters iirc, and very few people landed on him till 1up suicided at the end If you're a scanner, you should almost completely build amps ... maybe 3 factories, 25-30 sec centres and the rest amps.
factories, res labs and pure amps, sod sec centres just hope u dont get cov-opped, which you rarely do anymore*

cov-opping is uesless btw
Unread 21 May 2005, 15:36   #18
hellsmurf

hellsmurf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well every alli need a ****ing gd scanner with over 100 amps at least... and some littler one... with bout 50....

i heard of a guy with 136 dissorters this round...

well I would say dissorters are gd for zik... and they dont need over 100... cause its just u cant get fleet scaned....

nice tactic would be to get 120 disorters....+sec cencter+ factories+eng. priorities on sec....
then allways launch with eta 9 and send what u want.... that would be nasty to dc....
Unread 25 May 2005, 23:49   #19
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

i have seen someone with 135 amps this round
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 05:58   #20
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

The most I've seen on one planet this round is 142
Unread 27 May 2005, 06:02   #21
Kaal Satori
Armed w/ Nukes

Kaal Satori is an unknown quantity at this point

So were they expecting to come across someone with 141 wd's(?)

Sounds a bit redundant.
Unread 27 May 2005, 12:39   #22
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
last rnd i had 150 amps or summet stupid like that, i didnt start being a scan whore till tick 500 or summet (i was cath too)
150 is max constructions, so if you had 150, you had nothing else. You must at least have 1 ship to jgp, so you must have had a factory. max smps is therefor 149, unless you lost your factory later on

Also, you then wud be vulnerable to coevrt ops. If you really had so many, and i wud have found you, i wud have destroyed your amps one by one until you got smart enough to build up to 30% sec centres ^^

I think you had less then 150 ^^
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 13:16   #23
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaal Satori
So were they expecting to come across someone with 141 wd's(?)

Sounds a bit redundant.
You'd be suprised.

Gerbie, how many (roughly) are you up to now?
Unread 27 May 2005, 13:44   #24
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

To be honest with the current security fomulae you could probably get away with 140 distorters / amps, 7-9 sec centres and 3-1 factories, and security on 1st.
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:43   #25
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
You'd be suprised.

Gerbie, how many (roughly) are you up to now?
I had 127 distorters, 2 factories and 21 security centers. The security centers were a bit overdone, but I got cov opped alot for a while just before they changed the formula's. So then I had too many security centers. I was on 150 constructions at around tick 800.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 18:07   #26
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
I had 127 distorters, 2 factories and 21 security centers. The security centers were a bit overdone, but I got cov opped alot for a while just before they changed the formula's. So then I had too many security centers. I was on 150 constructions at around tick 800.
Damn...VGN's biggest scanner this round had 124 amps. So close...but so far.

Everyone: good luck trying to scan me next round. I saw how well it worked for Gerbie this round, and I expect I will follow the same route. Wait and see
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 18:12   #27
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

hehe, i had 112 distorters close to the end before some strucutre killers landed, and i finished with 109 distorters, they served me well saving me from a lot of inc i am guessing as i had 1k+ roids and 1.4 mil value at one point
my first round as a distorter whore and it was interesting to wake up without the pretty red lights at the top of my screen every morning
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 08:53   #28
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
hehe, i had 112 distorters close to the end before some strucutre killers landed, and i finished with 109 distorters, they served me well saving me from a lot of inc i am guessing as i had 1k+ roids and 1.4 mil value at one point
my first round as a distorter whore and it was interesting to wake up without the pretty red lights at the top of my screen every morning
There's no fix in the proposed changes for next round...
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 13:02   #29
Gerbie
pe0n

Just curious how things were this rnd. (Didn't play myself. I know how to build distorters.) Did anyone go for distorters this round and if so, how did you do?
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 18:39   #30
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I know a scanner that has 141 amps but there is 1 planet he can't scan
I could give you co-ords but then I would have to kill you
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 14:59   #31
furball

A 1up scanner (I think.) has 149 amps and a heavy factory.

And it's a friend of mine who you can't scan
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 20:28   #32
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

It doesn't leave much def against co-ops tho but handy to have.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 21:02   #33
Appocomaster
PA Team

putting security on 1st, while not making the target immune, does block 3/5 of the chances of letting covert ops through.