User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:04   #1
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
P2P will kill PA

Does anyone agree with that?
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:06   #2
Jebba

Jebba is an unknown quantity at this point
its p2p for quite some rounds now....
Jebba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:07   #3
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Yes i know but as you may know less and less people are playing
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:11   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
PA would have been dead in r5 if it hadnt gone p2p as they couldnt afford to keep it running. Making it p2p allowed it to continue up to r10 and hopefully beyond that.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:14   #5
themast
Punk

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
PA would have been dead in r5 if it hadnt gone p2p as they couldnt afford to keep it running. Making it p2p allowed it to continue up to r10 and hopefully beyond that.

true very true
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:40   #6
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Back on topic, yes p2p will eventually kill PA, just very slowly.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 22:02   #7
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
not necessarily. People play bout £20 at most a MONTH for other games.

Most people can afford an account without noticing much of it. I drink 2-3 accounts weekly, and drive cab and eat the day after being out for 2-3 more.

P2P also got rid of lots of cheaters, I dont think its that bad. THey need some serious advertising and free trials tho to get new players.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 22:34   #8
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve
OMG go back to r5 and then post, P2P has let PA continue for as long as it has, why would it kill it now? It may reduce players but how amny are multis and cheats?
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 22:43   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Multis and cheats still exist, only now they pay (literally) to break the rules.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 22:59   #10
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas

Most people can afford an account without noticing much of it. I drink 2-3 accounts weekly, and drive cab and eat the day after being out for 2-3 more.

P2P also got rid of lots of cheaters, I dont think its that bad. THey need some serious advertising and free trials tho to get new players.

Most other games are a lot better than PA. And I'm cheap anyways, I'm wavering on R10, waiting to see what the free period looks like.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 23:09   #11
King
Here and Not Here

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Multis and cheats still exist, only now they pay (literally) to break the rules.
Yes but now i can laugh when they get closed, because now they just lost a bunch of money.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 23:11   #12
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
Most other games are a lot better than PA. And I'm cheap anyways, I'm wavering on R10, waiting to see what the free period looks like.
Indeed, I'd be far more inclinded to pay subscription for a "real" game like Ultima Online or Eve than I would for a broswer based game, especially one with only 5k players in the last P2P round. Also most people have far better things to spend £10 on.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 23:12   #13
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by King
Yes but now i can laugh when they get closed, because now they just lost a bunch of money.
They rarely get closed though do they at least not in paid rounds - "I didn't realise ship farming was illegal".
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 23:19   #14
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
pa is dead already.

hello, this is heaven.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 01:38   #15
King
Here and Not Here

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
They rarely get closed though do they at least not in paid rounds - "I didn't realise ship farming was illegal".

Those new multihunters have to much fun closing people to stop
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 05:25   #16
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point
note:
it isnt just p2p that could kill pa
i think along with people attitudes and the whole politics which go with a war game, but in pa's case gets taken way to seriously specialy imho when u get flvtoooozjkdfsjodj V the univers ( or whats left) type stage of a round.
more fun needs to be spread around the pa community and hopefully that can start with round10
round 10 is the new pa lets hope some things apart from p2p will change
if it stays p2p thats fine with me played and payed since r2 anyway so i aint fussed
so bring on round 10

/me excited after playing the beta
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 06:55   #17
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Indeed, I'd be far more inclinded to pay subscription for a "real" game like Ultima Online or Eve than I would for a broswer based game, especially one with only 5k players in the last P2P round. Also most people have far better things to spend £10 on.
5 k would have been awesome. if i recall right round 9 only had 3,5 k :-(
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 08:51   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by davidb
note:
it isnt just p2p that could kill pa
i think along with people attitudes and the whole politics which go with a war game, but in pa's case gets taken way to seriously specialy imho when u get flvtoooozjkdfsjodj V the univers ( or whats left) type stage of a round.
more fun needs to be spread around the pa community and hopefully that can start with round10
It's P2P and the attitudes combined.

Newbies are a bit less likely to pay that £10 for a browser-based game that has a few players in it. Even more less likely, they will pay after one round of total bashing (random galaxies help a little bit with this, as newbs have a chance of actually getting some professional help; oh pollocks, that sounded "smart").

The whole politics thing is widely exaggerated and out of it's boundaries, but it's the thing that keeps PA intense and passionate for the core players and the newbies that actually have the chance of succeeding beyond initiating roids and having constant incs, ending up with a pile of "efficient" PDS (HAHAHA, reminds me...).

The politcs is the thrill of the game. So let's just name it as a two-bladed sword and go have a wank.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 10:07   #19
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Also most people have far better things to spend £10 on.
Beer?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 10:08   #20
themast
Punk

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm BEER
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 18:40   #21
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
I think this was said after round 4 ended....
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 19:33   #22
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
PA R10 will be killed by lack of information being supplied to the player base, not by the P2P. This is partially linked to the elevated price of the game, but then who wants to stick around and waste time on 'possibly' spending £10 on a game they know fk all about?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 19:58   #23
themast
Punk

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
PA R10 will be killed by lack of information being supplied to the player base, not by the P2P. This is partially linked to the elevated price of the game, but then who wants to stick around and waste time on 'possibly' spending £10 on a game they know fk all about?

no i dissagree with you on that one. It might help kill PA but it wont as much as P2P.
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 20:07   #24
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree Maddix.
The lack of information is keeping me from committing to play R10. And I've got a credit for R10!
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 21:25   #25
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by themast
no i dissagree with you on that one. It might help kill PA but it wont as much as P2P.
P2P alone has not killed PA yet, why should it this round? Unless you factor in everything else I mentioned.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 21:51   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
PA would have been dead in r5 if it hadnt gone p2p
We don't really "know" this. 5th Season would have gone, yeah but maybe the game would have been released as some sort of community effort.

The game ultimately might have been in a healthier state if 5th Season had been allowed to perish.

(p.s. I doubt this, but you never know)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 21:56   #27
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Video will kill the radio star.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 05:28   #28
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point
just try ur luck and hope u get accepted into the beta,thats what i did
plus once the public beta trails come about more and more people will get an idea of what r10 is gonna be like
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:15   #29
themast
Punk

how many ppl got into the beta test?
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:19   #30
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
200 i believe. The public beta test will start at some point after 25th August which will obviously be available for everyone to play.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 00:32   #31
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point
P2P was around for ages and it;s still alive. Don't have much else to say.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 09:46   #32
themast
Punk

Quote:
Originally posted by zek132
P2P was around for ages and it;s still alive. Don't have much else to say.

ah but how long will PA stay alive
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 19:27   #33
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
Other games being none-browser based games that are actually fun

-Necro
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 01:59   #34
Speedoid

P2P's been going for a few rounds now, it's not killed it yet. Turn back the clock this might have been interesting