User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Feb 2015, 14:56   #151
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
if we are pasting logs then i may as well paste the one that started this war with our so called friends at the time.

http://pastebin.com/ZuaKJfTQ

no editing done, its how it was pasted by souls but ofc we are the bad ones for acting on it.
So you acted on someone ranting in their HC channel? And I thought it was ND that started the war.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 15:24   #152
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
So you acted on someone ranting in their HC channel? And I thought it was ND that started the war.
Kinda hard to start a war with CT while you are ptargetting Vikings tbh.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 16:49   #153
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Thats the funny bit influence, ND complaining about CT hitting down the rankings yet ND was by your own admission, ptargeting vikings.

CT 60 members
ND 60 Members
Vik 27 Members

Nuff Said!!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 17:08   #154
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Thats the funny bit influence, ND complaining about CT hitting down the rankings yet ND was by your own admission, ptargeting vikings.

CT 60 members
ND 60 Members
Vik 27 Members

Nuff Said!!!
Well, you won't see me complaining about CT hitting down the ranks, as that's simply the circle of life in this game. Then again, I am a mere member of ND, and not involved in anything.

Personally tho, I doubt it will bring CT much fortune in the end if they continue on the path that they have chosen for themselfs with regards to ND and especially ND members. The PNAP offers certainly did not help your standing among the members, nor did the recent FC attempts. Perhaps your time would be better served defending, and attacking other targets until such time ND HC's get bored with you, or realise they have better things to do than annoy CT some more. Then again, perhaps it is a good way to avoid additional enemies, allthough with Ultores also warring you I somewhat doubt that.

Unread 5 Feb 2015, 17:09   #155
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

NOOOOOOOOO

Posting after such a looong hiatus, dammit.

Start with the easy one....

BF pt RB
ND pt Vik

If I was CT I would make the connection that the plan that was spoken in the log is in motion. That being the case them teaming up with other alliances to hit ND before ND initiates the 2nd part of their plan makes perfect sense. Accusing them of "backstabbing" or anything else along those lines is pretty retarded.

Now for part 2.....
Oh boy oh boy forest, face it man there are plenty of logs and incidents where if you dont get your way you go all apeshit. You only care about your own alliance and own goals and are willing to screw over anyone and everyone including your own allies to get to it.

I had a nice post written and re-read some of it and realized....this isnt worth my time. Why do I even care what the PA God Forest does, say or anything. I got better things to do and I am sure the rest of us have to than feeding forests ego.

/me goes back to surfing the web on ways to steal some of GM's sheeps

=D

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 17:09   #156
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
I will wait till he has something to lose, even if it takes 10 rounds.
This kinda stuff dictates public opinion, and not in your favour imo. Especially amongst those of us who realize that this game has too small a playberbase to be vindictive beyond the present round. HC grudges is the cause of too much shit falling down on members over time that it's not even funny.

That being said; my opinion of you are based on my interactions with you. This has some to do with the side of the fence as you put it, but mostly about your methods and actions with the following consequenses for me and my alliance. But then again, i doubt i'm the one who gives you the most stick in here.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 17:33   #157
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Forest, no-one's bullying you. You get all worked up over the slightest criticism. If I was bullying you, I would be insulting you personally.

I just don't agree with how you conduct yourself. When something doesn't go your way, you start getting aggressive. There will always be situations when things don't go your way, it doesn't mean you need to be an imbecile about it. There are certain characteristics you don't like about me, which is why it's called an opinion.

And to clarify, I didn't edit those logs, I just picked out my favorite quotes that were pasted to me. All quotes were full quotes and weren't doctored from part sentences (unless ND altered them of course).

Quote:
I told Souls I would act on him at a time of my choosing. Certainly not when he has no roids and a crap alliance, I will wait till he has something to lose, even if it takes 10 rounds.
This further supports my point that if you're going to hold personal grudges, you shouldn't really be involved in politics.
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 17:35   #158
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Chimpie
Clouds swallow anything someone else tell him.
If he gets told or shown something he should be mature and experinced enough to question the source and any motives they might have.
How many times in the past havnt people used his blue eyedness to make him do their biddings?
i can understand why Forest would try deffend himself

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 17:45   #159
Clouds

So that's why you personally deal only with facts on Alliance Discussions, because you're mature enough to question the source?

Last edited by Clouds; 5 Feb 2015 at 17:51.
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 19:23   #160
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

lol
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 19:57   #161
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Chimpie
Clouds swallow anything someone else tell him.
If he gets told or shown something he should be mature and experinced enough to question the source and any motives they might have.
How many times in the past havnt people used his blue eyedness to make him do their biddings?
i can understand why Forest would try deffend himself
I'm all for discussing individuals obviously, but i didn't post my input to defend Clouds. I did so because wanted to point out the paradox of Forest's post claiming opinions are based merely on what side of the fence one is on, when my experience is that the matter of your behaviour on your side of the fence is what truly dictates public opinion. Much like how your opinion of me crashed after i claimed on AD that i'd rather **** up your round than move on after getting gangbanged out of the competition. I accept that that made you, and some others, to dislike me. But when it comes to it, it was only about supporting the only alliance that didn't screw my alliance after we were out of the race. What was said on AD was merely to piss the AD trolls off, even if it had some truth to it.

Clouds winding up Forest on AD is just that, Cluds winding up Forest on AD. Not something i'd discuss in itself. I have logs of pm's with both Forest and Clouds that could win the AD comedy awards, but posting them simply isn't my style. Surely someone has some hilarious shit i've said on logs somewhere aswell.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 5 Feb 2015 at 20:02.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 20:10   #162
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

So many cries about and from Forest again, yes, he can be whatnot and then some more, yet he's still just one guy, doing politics for one alliance at a time (even if it's several different alliances in a round). Yes, his actions may cause some reactions, but the reactions come from several people, I've been playing long enough to know when to take stuff with a grain of salt and when with a huge bag of salt. I'd warmly suggest that everyone else tried that too, but who am I to give advice to anyone else, we're all a sad bunch of nerds in a dying nap-game anyway.

Sometimes acting on "hearsay" is "justified", like I feel we did with Bows. We knew more than we were meant to and acted on that knowledge, proactively. CT kinda did the same with ND here, so I understand, but they took it a bit further and from what I hear, it will be very hard to find a solution now.

And to further underline the point for RexDrax: we hit bows due to our own, BF only reasons, what ever conspiracy theory (pun intended) you might have had does not exist.

Edit: And yes, I too find it a bit hilarious that BB is talking about facts, at all.
Edit2: And no, Clouds isn't the only one behind BF decisions, has never been and most likely will never be.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 20:22   #163
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Join me in the Forest of denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Cluds winding up Forest on AD.
ehehehe Cluds

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 21:00   #164
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
This kinda stuff dictates public opinion, and not in your favour imo. Especially amongst those of us who realize that this game has too small a playberbase to be vindictive beyond the present round. HC grudges is the cause of too much shit falling down on members over time that it's not even funny.

That being said; my opinion of you are based on my interactions with you. This has some to do with the side of the fence as you put it, but mostly about your methods and actions with the following consequenses for me and my alliance. But then again, i doubt i'm the one who gives you the most stick in here.
I just wanted to pick up on this.

The part you quoted. That just happened.

But, it happened after I stayed out of most public rooms.
After I had stayed off the forums.
After I messaged 'a friend'.
After I had to change my irc settings because people kept inviting me, I auto-join and they troll.
After i had been trolled on these forums.
After private conversations had been posted.
And after I had told Souls I didn't want to talk to him.

Yet he still chose to keep pm'ng me, and pushing me. He kept saying stuff like 'are you gonna threaten me now' even when I said no.

Eventually I snap, and of course, clouds and co jump all over it.
You expect it from clouds and co, you know any pm you have with them instantly finds its way onto forums and public channels and nearly always to the people he claims isnt working with his alliance within seconds.

But not a 'mate'
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 21:02   #165
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Forest, no-one's bullying you.
Bullying - a definition
There is no legal definition of bullying.

However, it’s usually defined as behaviour that is:

repeated
intended to hurt someone either physically or emotionally
often aimed at certain groups, eg because of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation
It takes many forms and can include:

physical assault
teasing
making threats
name calling
cyberbullying - bullying via mobile phone or online (eg email, social networks and instant messenger)
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 21:09   #166
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Bullying - a definition
There is no legal definition of bullying.

However, it’s usually defined as behaviour that is:

repeated
intended to hurt someone either physically or emotionally
often aimed at certain groups, eg because of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation
It takes many forms and can include:

physical assault
teasing
making threats
name calling
cyberbullying - bullying via mobile phone or online (eg email, social networks and instant messenger)
I think we just assume the corner stone of PA can take it or get out of the fire, you bring it upon yourself when you see the reaction of your actions and cockyness ... then you keep on coming ...

Learn from your mistakes
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 21:12   #167
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
I think we just assume the corner stone of PA can take it or get out of the fire, you bring it upon yourself when you see the reaction of your actions and cockyness ... then you keep on coming ...

Learn from your mistakes
My only mistake was thinking you are anything but a poor Apprime imitation.

At least Cardi has style.
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 21:13   #168
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
Edited to mean:

We find it funny cause we can keep bullying you and then laugh at you when you react.
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 22:07   #169
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

if things keep happening then perhaps its not other people that are the problem but you. try some self-reflection and discover what it is about you that people dont like
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 22:29   #170
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
if things keep happening then perhaps its not other people that are the problem but you. try some self-reflection and discover what it is about you that people dont like
it is only a few people though. I am not about to change for them, I am quite happy with the type of person I am.
Unread 5 Feb 2015, 23:47   #171
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
it is only a few people though. I am not about to change for them, I am quite happy with the type of person I am.
Then why give them the satisfaction to respond to them, IRC has an ignore option for a reason.

Unread 6 Feb 2015, 01:48   #172
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
it's not about change, its about understanding.
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 14:37   #173
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Forest fan club!
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 16:11   #174
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Me.

My ignorance exposed! Curses!

I saw the log after mz? i shall cry a river!
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 18:08   #175
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unfortunately, PA is a competition between groups, which brings out the worst in people. The hostility that Forest encounters and (rightly) criticizes is just good old tribalism rearing its ugly head. With groups comes cooperation, and with cooperation comes the kind of microculture that I'm sure you've all experienced in middle or high school, and may still experience in your life after. Football hooliganism is a common example of tribalism in adult society. There's almost nothing that foments bonds within your own little tribe faster than going to war with another one. And when you're engaged in an activity in the course of which war (or what goes for war) is not just possible or expected, but required, it becomes very easy to display the persistent malice we're seeing in the PA community.

Callousness in gaming or sports is usually excused with standard phrases like "it's just a game". The error with this is that the actions we PA players take within the game mechanics pale in significance to those that we take outside of them. In the game proper, there's a sense of distance between your avatar and your self. In the meta-game, no such distance exists, so legitimate criticism of the way people behave can evolve very easily into dehumanizing personal attacks. The actions of PA bullies are not those of people playing a game, engaging the opponent in friendly contest. They're the actions of warring tribesmen, hurting outsiders in order to score points with their buddies, and they should be condemned as such.

I'm not claiming to be a saint, far from it, but I've spoken out against this type of spite before. For example, though I rarely agree with Butcher, I have long opposed the use of the nickname 'Bitcher' to dismiss him without actually having to engage what he's saying, regardless of whether he's right or wrong.

Sadly, there is no real solution to any of this. I'll refrain from playing armchair psychologist (as opposed to armchair sociologist), but I'll suggest you wait until these people grow beyond the throes of pubescence, though you may have a long time to wait. In the meantime, avoid engaging them on their terms, which is easier on the Internet than in almost any environment.

As an aside, comments on Forest's character in order to rationalize bullying or exculpate bullies is what is known as victim blaming. There is no excuse for behaving like an asshole, not even towards someone you consider an asshole. You're not doing anyone a favour, you're just raising the overall level of assholeness that we all have to deal with. Please stop.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 19:16   #176
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Lol bullying ... how come you are the only target then? Could it be that it is infact you ... your cockiness and arrogance? If you cant take the heat get the f out of the kitchen. Dont dish it out if you cant take it ... etc etc etc.You're the only one here claiming to be the God of PA and wondering why everyone is on your case.

I do also pick a lot on clouds, don't see you crying about that.

Notice of the people you listed ... all are always in everyones business.

But you're right its all us.

Oh and I didn't even react to you until you started trying to throw out insults or allegations and emo quit right after. So grow up learn your place and stop crying.

Or are you really just upset because your master political plans didnt get what you had wanted ... seems to fit the bill ... kid didnt get what he wanted on christmas.
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 19:54   #177
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

The nicname bitcher wasnt invented and used in a negative term, it was my ally mates who called me that cus of my commitment and activity in the early days. Pushing people into launching fleets and doing my biddings
So i dont think that its a negative thing that people call me that, its rather just cus in absent of commitment and activity, i only use the forums to feed my attention seeking personality

Unread 6 Feb 2015, 20:54   #178
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

So who's fighting who now? (ingame not forumwarring)
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 20:57   #179
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

P3ng apparently ptargetting oddr

Unread 6 Feb 2015, 22:06   #180
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

ct vs ult
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 22:22   #181
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adapt View Post
ct vs ult
ND/Ult vs CT

Unread 6 Feb 2015, 22:25   #182
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
ND/Ult vs CT
makes no difference
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 22:35   #183
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
it's not about change, its about understanding.
ok yes this is a good point.

Let me clarify my position.

I do understand why some people don't like me. Hell I even encourage it in some quarters because I believe, rightly or wrongly, it actually helps what I do tactically.

And I REALLY don't have a problem with that.

My issue is when a few guys (and we are talking 5 guys), spill personal hatred, and do stuff like I have complained about.

It is easy to say "you put yourself in that position and so it is your fault" but I totally disagree with that too. EVERY player should be able to play without having to alter irc settings or hide from view incase they get abused.
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 22:37   #184
Forest

Quote:
Unfortunately, PA is a competition between groups, which brings out the worst in people. The hostility that Forest encounters and (rightly) criticizes is just good old tribalism rearing its ugly head. With groups comes cooperation, and with cooperation comes the kind of microculture that I'm sure you've all experienced in middle or high school, and may still experience in your life after. Football hooliganism is a common example of tribalism in adult society. There's almost nothing that foments bonds within your own little tribe faster than going to war with another one. And when you're engaged in an activity in the course of which war (or what goes for war) is not just possible or expected, but required, it becomes very easy to display the persistent malice we're seeing in the PA community.

Callousness in gaming or sports is usually excused with standard phrases like "it's just a game". The error with this is that the actions we PA players take within the game mechanics pale in significance to those that we take outside of them. In the game proper, there's a sense of distance between your avatar and your self. In the meta-game, no such distance exists, so legitimate criticism of the way people behave can evolve very easily into dehumanizing personal attacks. The actions of PA bullies are not those of people playing a game, engaging the opponent in friendly contest. They're the actions of warring tribesmen, hurting outsiders in order to score points with their buddies, and they should be condemned as such.

I'm not claiming to be a saint, far from it, but I've spoken out against this type of spite before. For example, though I rarely agree with Butcher, I have long opposed the use of the nickname 'Bitcher' to dismiss him without actually having to engage what he's saying, regardless of whether he's right or wrong.

Sadly, there is no real solution to any of this. I'll refrain from playing armchair psychologist (as opposed to armchair sociologist), but I'll suggest you wait until these people grow beyond the throes of pubescence, though you may have a long time to wait. In the meantime, avoid engaging them on their terms, which is easier on the Internet than in almost any environment.

As an aside, comments on Forest's character in order to rationalize bullying or exculpate bullies is what is known as victim blaming. There is no excuse for behaving like an asshole, not even towards someone you consider an asshole. You're not doing anyone a favour, you're just raising the overall level of assholeness that we all have to deal with. Please stop.
I just felt the need to quote this as one of the best posts on the forums in years.

WP
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 22:40   #185
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adapt View Post
makes no difference
Lets stick to the facts

Unread 6 Feb 2015, 22:43   #186
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

urgh this isn't FACEBOOK, nobody cares about your insecurities Forest plz go away and create your own thread to discuss yourself

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 22:45   #187
Greg
Addicted since R17

Greg has a spectacular aura aboutGreg has a spectacular aura about

you got no fans forest
Regular member of fleet crashing club
“A man's errors are his portals of discovery.”
James Joyce
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 22:48   #188
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
urgh this isn't FACEBOOK, nobody cares about your insecurities Forest plz go away and create your own thread to discuss yourself
I don't need to. Someone always comes along to make any given thread about me, why would I need my own
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 23:14   #189
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

what mz said, i disagree with, this is a war game emphasizing the war and game part.

this is a war game! if you take it to such an extent that you feel you're being bullied it's probably because you ain't that good at it, just like RL. The personal attacks ain't exactly PC but if thats what aggravates your opponent why not run with it? are you honestly saying we should all be nice to each other... plz

the reason he's being targeted is because he makes himself a target. he assumes the figurehead role usually within the confines of his own alliance until they figure him out for being pretty damn useless, at which point it becomes public and he's made to be yet again the idiot.

pulling the victim route after such episodes is pretty dumb imo and yes engineering an entire thread to be about you is beyond pathetic.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2015, 23:19   #190
Forest

Quote:
what mz said, i disagree with, this is a war game emphasizing the war and game part.
Abuse is NOT part of a game.

Quote:
this is a war game! if you take it to such an extent that you feel you you're being bullied it's probably because you ain't that good at it, just like RL. The personal attacks ain't exactly PC but if thats what aggravates your opponent why not run with it? are you honestly saying we should all be nice to each other... plz
I think it is pretty clear it is bullying. The 'definition' of bullying is shown up on this and many other threads, let alone irc stuff.

Fact is, the guys doing this on forums/irc wouldnt do it ingame because they know they would get closed for it, so they do it here instead.

Quote:
the reason he's being targeted is because he makes himself a target. he assumes the figurehead role usually within the confines of his own alliance until they figure him out for being pretty damn useless, at which point it becomes public and he's made to be yet again the idiot.
No-one MAKES themself be targetted. The bullies CHOOSE their target.

Quote:
pulling the victim route after such episodes is pretty dumb imo and yes engineering an entire thread to be about you is beyond pathetic.
Read back. I stayed out of the thread. It was Maniac/Clouds started posting about me. And then when I finally replied, people say 'it is not about you, don't reply'.
Fk that for a laugh.
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 00:08   #191
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Fact is, the guys doing this on forums/irc wouldnt do it ingame because they know they would get closed for it, so they do it here instead.
I'm pretty sure there are limits to what you can do on the forums just as well. Though granted with the limited moderation these forums get it might be an idea to change these forums with more of a self governed moderation system.

And while some of it is over the line, and into the territory of cyberbullying, I don't think there is nothing you yourself could do about it. A lot of shit you endure is a direct result of your own actions at some time or another in the past. There are also different ways to respond to it other than the threats you have uttered to some.

Last, but not least., I don't consider anything that has been said in this thread to be bullying.

P.S. If you consider me to be one of the 5 bullies you mentioned, please contact me on IRC to see if we can work it out like civilized grown-ups.

Unread 7 Feb 2015, 00:13   #192
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post

P.S. If you consider me to be one of the 5 bullies you mentioned, please contact me on IRC to see if we can work it out like civilized grown-ups.
No I don't. Not at all.
I get you don't like me. I get why. And I don't disagree with you. But there is a big difference between not liking someone and specifically targetting them.

They know who they are. I think if someone isn't sure if I mean them, it is not gonna be them.
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 00:34   #193
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
No I don't. Not at all.
I get you don't like me. I get why. And I don't disagree with you. But there is a big difference between not liking someone and specifically targetting them.

They know who they are. I think if someone isn't sure if I mean them, it is not gonna be them.
True, there is a difference between not liking someone, and targetting someone. However, in my opinion, you have not been specifically targetted in this thread apart from 1 post by MM. At best the logs Clouds showed were an attack at CT for allowing them to be represented in a way that was percieved as threatening and vindictive. Having a dig at CT is perfectly viable on AD, where propaganda is at the order of the day. You need to realise that everything you say on here, and in any IRC conversation reflects on your entire alliance, especially when you are an HC. (this btw is something other people should realise just as well).

TBH, I don't dislike you, in fact I have never had a real problem with you on a personal level. What I dislike, and you know why, are your antics when it comes to politics.

Unread 7 Feb 2015, 00:46   #194
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
True, there is a difference between not liking someone, and targetting someone. However, in my opinion, you have not been specifically targetted in this thread apart from 1 post by MM.
Just to confirm, that coincided with MM himself repeatedly inviting me to rooms so that my irc auto-invited me, so they could troll. And pm's abusing me. And private logs (through MM/ND to clouds, in form of telephone app screenshots). And someone (who admittedly didn't have the balls to use real nick) joining rooms with my nick and saying disparaging things).
And this being repeated over several rounds, leading to me not being able to even join a public room without certain individuals jumping all over me with abuse.

The bullying accusations are certainly not made based just on this one thread.
I guess it is the repeated actions that make it bullying.

(It is ok to dislike me, or my behaviours. But you haven't as far as I know made a point of targetting me repeatedly).
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 04:08   #195
Clouds

Oh please Forest. Just because I pasted logs of how you conducted yourself and how I 'criticized' you, is not bullying. Hell, I've had carDi paste logs of me, upload an image of me and replace with Bin Laden, and a lot of other Drat, but you don't see me crying about it.

You have a unique reputation, which will come with baggage, as do I. If you can't handle the criticism and are quite a sensitive individual, then you shouldn't be involved in politics and let the big boys in CT do it.

Last edited by Clouds; 7 Feb 2015 at 04:20.
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 07:47   #196
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
ok yes this is a good point.

Let me clarify my position.

I do understand why some people don't like me. Hell I even encourage it in some quarters because I believe, rightly or wrongly, it actually helps what I do tactically.

And I REALLY don't have a problem with that.

My issue is when a few guys (and we are talking 5 guys), spill personal hatred, and do stuff like I have complained about.

It is easy to say "you put yourself in that position and so it is your fault" but I totally disagree with that too. EVERY player should be able to play without having to alter irc settings or hide from view incase they get abused.
You wouldnt be getting abused if you didnt try to dish out false accusations, at least not by me.

Reach down in your pants, check for your balls, quit your fking crying and grow up. This doap opera drama is again, getting old.
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 08:15   #197
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Actually you got it backwards ... Forest is 9 times out of 10 the aggressor, he just picked or messed with the wrong people who wont sit around and take it, now hes upset and crying, he needs to put on his big girl panties and get over it, and accept that he said or did something wrong (and he wont).

You sir have squeeky wheel or underdog syndrome, you feel the need to protect the wrong simply because they are losing and losing loudly.
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 08:32   #198
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Just to confirm, that coincided with MM himself repeatedly inviting me to rooms so that my irc auto-invited me, so they could troll. And pm's abusing me. And private logs (through MM/ND to clouds, in form of telephone app screenshots). And someone (who admittedly didn't have the balls to use real nick) joining rooms with my nick and saying disparaging things).
And this being repeated over several rounds, leading to me not being able to even join a public room without certain individuals jumping all over me with abuse.

The bullying accusations are certainly not made based just on this one thread.
I guess it is the repeated actions that make it bullying.

(It is ok to dislike me, or my behaviours. But you haven't as far as I know made a point of targetting me repeatedly).
I've not even had pm convos with you this round, in fact I don't think I mentioned your name this round until you joined our chan, and i strongly doubt I have cared enough to mess with you rounds past or round after round. So afaik this is really the first round you have irritated me enough to warrant a response (omgggg i re invited you to a chan that you just slandered me in and ran away without letting me defend myself BIG FKING DEAL). You in fact are the bully, you just dont want to take the responses from people who are tired of your sh*t, so you come here crying. Guess what I'd probably have been over our lil pub chan dispute (guess its not a dispute since you shouted and ran like a child) ... but here you are ... continuing to cry for attn, for the poor Forest, who does no wrong.
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 09:12   #199
Forest

I think the fact that you don't even see your REPETITIVE behaviour designed to insult and upset as bullying, and wish to blame it all on me, says a lot more about you as a person than it does about me
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 09:34   #200
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The personal attacks ain't exactly PC but if thats what aggravates your opponent why not run with it? are you honestly saying we should all be nice to each other... plz
The term 'politically correct' is just an euphemism for 'not acting like a prick'. When you're playing a console game with your friend, not everything that helps you win the game is acceptable. Calling them names or shoving them (beyond friendly banter between friends) in order to win is not appropriate, and will very quickly lead to you playing alone, possibly with a black eye or one fewer friend. When you're playing a game competitively, in the context of a tournament, such behaviour will get you disqualified and possibly blacklisted. If those behaviours were part of the game, it would be called MMA or a rap battle.

In PA, the boundaries between what is part of the game and what isn't are extremely murky. We could fill an entire thread with a discussion over what is acceptable and what is not, and still get nowhere, because that's not something we've agreed on in the physical world either. My stance is that I expect people to behave like decent human beings.

I accept that that's not a rule that can be easily enforced, nor do I believe it should be. It's not PA Team's role to moderate the entire Internet, thankfully. PA Team has a say over ingame communications (and if anything, they're a little too trigger happy there) and over forum communications (a bit too lenient, though that's a far harder judgement to make). But even Netgamers, which is effectively an IRC network dedicated entirely to PA, is not under the jurisdiction of PA Team, and should not be moderated by them.

The only one who has a say over how you behave online is you, and my post in this thread was meant as a means to convince people to behave less like jerks. They can do with that what they will. They appear to be doing nothing with it, which is exactly what I expected, because that's how tribalism works.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 7 Feb 2015 at 09:41.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote