User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Nov 2002, 10:20   #101
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Not joining Legion in round 2, although I'd do the same thing again. Integrity > videer.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 10:31   #102
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: One moment please

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
OK the time machine is fired up and you have the power to change one thing in your alliances history..... either a past or present alliance. Try to do 2 things and the machine breaks.

What one thing would you alter.

There are three things actually i would want to do, but i guess i would settle for undoing the Sedition/YI merger and thereby hopefully avoiding people like Dogz with mottos like "We need at least 500 members to compete with Legion and Fury, so lets get to 500 members first and remove the riff-raff later" becomming HC.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:29   #103
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartshunter
I would like to see the decision of the dropping of Elysium reversed too. My guess is that r 6 and r7 would have looked completely different.
Same.

Personally though the thing I regret the most was that I didn't eat some choice words of mine and would have quit after round 5.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:33   #104
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Not that I had the 'power' back then to change the decision, but I'd have preferred if WP never rejoined Legion.
Amen. Funny to remember myself arguing against the people who wanted to 'unchange' back to round 3 Legion then, when I feel like such a conservative old ******* now, though.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:36   #105
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragoon
Not that I regret stopping any serious play when I did, but knowing what we all do now, I suppose the thing I'd change would be not resigning from Legion command in r4 for the sake of seeing how the r5 WP merger would have gone, if at all. I have a feeling the game would be quite different.
3rd agree in a row, though with a personal twist for my own situation in round 6 and 7. I'll stop reading now, or I would probably spam beyong the limits of mod patience. Nice thread, Fred.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 15:34   #106
Agamemnon
afk

Agamemnon is an unknown quantity at this point
My biggest regrets in pa have to be things I could have changed myself, so here goes...

I wish I had never left Legion in the first place. It was where I belonged and will probably always be. When that is said, I wouldn't have liked to be without the experience Deus was

r6, I wish I hadn't sucided so damned much fleet. It would have ment that Deus would have kept going at the same pace as earlier that round and would perhaps have spouted another war (or two). There were also a few military operations I never got to go through with, which was a damned shame.

r7 I wish I had kept playing.. Ending 7th after having played for one month.. Still wonder where I would have ended if I had kept going, not to mention that my galaxy would probably have kept playing if I had kept getting targets... heh
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 16:21   #107
Galadrieth

Galadrieth is an unknown quantity at this point
whilst i was but a pe0n in the ranks, I would of liked WaC not to have implemented there mass recruiting to keep up to date with BlueTuba.
Also would of like to have seen WaC attack Fury, when Fury attacked TE, rather then dissolve.
Might not of made much difference, but at the most, would of maybe ment Legion helped us.

<Arf^> The chance Akujin loses his virginty with another man, Gala, is 83%
Rnd 1 -=Krom of Kromulous-31:3:4=-
Rnd 2 -=Krom of Sumeria-24:15:4=-
Rnd 3 -=RaekOne of Omega=-34:10:4=-
Rnd 4 -=Galadrieth of The Chronic=178:11:3=-
Rnd 5 -=.Nosferatu Of Chaos Without Propechy=31:6:10=-
Galadrieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 17:36   #108
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road
Rnd 1 should have quit while i was ahead
Rnd 2 shouldent have been a cheeky **** and got my planet ****ed
Rnd 3 i would have left RB when i first left and not returned
Rnd 4 i would have taken a diffrent path
Rnd 5 should have retired after this
Rnd 6 should have founded RaH sooner
Rnd 7 should have backed FANG morealy i dident like the dession RaH HC had to make but was done for the pure benifit of our members
Rnd 8 should have talked with my friends more would have sorted the problems

LENIN
EX RAH HC
EX PA PLAYER
All around Grumpy guy
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 18:43   #109
Eylisia
Aes Elysium

Eylisia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by kafkapenguin
Regarding crazybeerguy, he was about the most annoying person I have ever met in PA, and that's saying something. How he ever got into Fury is beyond me.
I must b the odd one out, cos I actually like him
He can be quite annoying towards others tho,Ive seen that.

Btw Rumad,thx for your kind words,
I forgot to comment in my post.
There were VERY few legionaires I didnt want to die incely (gamewise ofc), you have always been one of them.
Say hi to Prae if you see him pls

As to the xlegionaires that would have not dropped Elysium back in r5,I think that would have been a wise decision indeed.
Besides all the rest,you changed our focus from Fury to you,
and it stayed that way till you all disbanded.
Oh,and btw,we actually dropped you,when you turned our mutual alliance into something that was a joke.
So there

Eylisia

A Prayer for the Wild at Heart kept in Cages
Eylisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 02:59   #110
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hinchles
not turning FA to **** WPO senceless in like r5 when they broke the nap

I should never have let kj talk me out of it
hehe, I shouldn't have listened to myself either m8, guess I only did it for the few friends I had there (some of em screwed me over nway)

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 05:06   #111
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by tacite
Say hi to Prae if you see him pls
Ian has a fan, hehe.
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 19:50   #112
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
this i wanted my alliances to do differently:

R4 ICD: not allying with the sh*thole GLX proved to be, and very soon.... too bad noone listened to me, I know I bitched and moaned about it. It cost us many of our good members (logbat a.o. during the round and many others after the round: belderan, dread, pack.....) we were left with ppl with logins to whole galaxies yay.

R4 GP4: Baba (where are you matey :/) and sigrid deciding to break it up and make a group consisting more of their enemies than they could handle. It cost me my round, but provided me with great fun at the times of creeping daylights. Eventually, 136:4 was smashed from incluster.... btw: that attack planned on 302:4 shouldnt have been done through mail with all assigned targets and takers on it

R6: Titans allying with Deus. our galaxy was a very diverted place after that, and especially as Misc napped with XeTa after a few weeks, so we had zero targets until we cut our ties to Titans, and focused on FoS. if it wasn't for that, we wouldve been smashed quite early by Fury probably (Scouse pasted me some logs when i was #1 at 8th of februari), but more trusted by ColCarp c.s. Note: we didn't choose to fencesit, or jump ships, we just didn't want our galaxy to be torn apart.

R6: Deus attacking Sliekas and pulling after the 1st tick, making many many lazy people lose their whole fleets (yes me too). That's the one thing i can't forgive Deus Command for.

And things to my own decision:

R5 ICD: step in the hole in ICD Command earlier before it all collapsed and had to be disbanded. we couldve taken YHQ in if we had been more active... but no, they went for ND. I think that was almost the final nail to our coffin, but it was beyond repair.
It finally collapsed when ND and hirr wanted us to sign an agreement to not allow members into furgion (as it was popularly called) galaxies next round. (we had a few members there, while hirr thrived on Fury-galaxies....) the story went as follows: we refused such an act and thus were left alone, with hardly more than 20 active members left. (the irony: never had an ICD-galaxy done better than in r6; I remember the topics we set in #icd when we were on top of the game heh, and we had to cooperate with more hirrers and ND-command in our cluster than ever before: ColCarp, Barrow, Tic to name a few (or all?))

R6 F&F: in hindsight, we couldve stuck with our neutral-targets for one more week if we had known the FoS-XeTa nap was to dissolve very fast, thus meaning us to stay with Titans. at that time the best decision I/we made, but in hindsight one of the worst. It was fun to have Xanadu HC in a room controlled by us asking us to plz hurry with our decision regarding the way to go hehe. we couldve had much better defence from Titans than what we got from the leftovers from Deus, hirr, ND and others.

Last edited by fiddler123b; 10 Nov 2002 at 20:42.
fiddler123b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 23:38   #113
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I'd have tried to get Legion to make war with Fury in Round 2, and thus change pa's entire history.
Unread 12 Nov 2002, 21:03   #114
CryWolf
Muad'Dib

CryWolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by -=Zyth=-
What I would change :

blablablabla and not met Crywolf (which gives me doubts as he is cool bloke) blablabla

YEY!!! I'm a cool bloke ? ;-P

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
CryWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2002, 22:22   #115
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
R5 ICD: step in the hole in ICD Command earlier before it all collapsed and had to be disbanded. we couldve taken YHQ in if we had been more active... but no, they went for ND. I think that was almost the final nail to our coffin, but it was beyond repair.

Well, you could've given your allies of 3 rounds a better deal than wing status, which I believe was consequently dropped. In the end we went for ND because it was a better offer asked earlier. A year ago I said that if ICD had given me the offer sooner I would have accepted, although I'm not sure what road that would have taken us down, probably would have kept Patience alive at least.
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 01:52   #116
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius

Well, you could've given your allies of 3 rounds a better deal than wing status, which I believe was consequently dropped. In the end we went for ND because it was a better offer asked earlier. A year ago I said that if ICD had given me the offer sooner I would have accepted, although I'm not sure what road that would have taken us down, probably would have kept Patience alive at least.
i guess so CC.... but i wasnt command at that time, i dont even have a clue if we had an effective command at all those days.
you were allies in r3 already?
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 00:10   #117
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road
Join BDBs galaxy.
It made me active. It made me **** up school and work. It made me do horrible things to our enemies. Made me become #1 gal in round 7. Made the Crew **** it up. Made me hang around with people like Furbie, AllFather and Dread etc etc etc.

Lots of reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 00:11   #118
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by CrazySpoon
Join BDBs galaxy.
It made me active. It made me **** up school and work. It made me do horrible things to our enemies. Made me become #1 gal in round 7. Made the Crew **** it up. Made me hang around with people like Furbie, AllFather and Dread etc etc etc.

Lots of reasons
I know you don't wub meh anymore but
mentioning AF over me?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 00:12   #119
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K

I know you don't wub meh anymore but
mentioning AF over me?
I dont regret meeting you maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 04:27   #120
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by fiddler123b

i guess so CC.... but i wasnt command at that time, i dont even have a clue if we had an effective command at all those days.
you were allies in r3 already?
round 3 we were.

round 4 was LoR, and we relied on our good friends ICD to keep the peace
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 10:14   #121
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius

round 3 we were.

round 4 was LoR, and we relied on our good friends ICD to keep the peace
hmm, i dont remember ICD having allies in r3 at all! but then, i was just an academy-member in that round...
anyway, done things are done, our relation turned sour at the end of r5, but we all got back together in r6 within our cluster . I don't really know how long ICD would've survived or how we would've thrived if we had managed and picked our allies better. Lucky us, we are still alive as a group of friends, prolly as long as netgamers keeps this server alive. (Important note: yes this has to stay alive!)