User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Nov 2005, 15:50   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
iMac G5- iPod 5G Why they are popular. (LONG)

I recently had a dire need for a new comp, and I did not have a CD player in about 4 years, and no new cd's in about a year (though I love music of all genre's, Shakira and U2 FTW). Anyway, this want/need for a comp and new CD player/cd's coincided with the Release of the iPod Nano, iPod video, and iMac G5. I had never owned anything apple before, but one of my close friends does. He got uber excited when I told him I needed a new comp and a cd player for when I go to the gym. I couldn't understand his problem as he was really over doing it, talking fast and saying that we were going to Shibuya (huge city in Japan), and we went to his home and checked out his gear (I had seen it before and never really cared for it). he has the imac G4 i beleive and he had a iPod Nano and an iPod Photo. Plus a 17" laptop, the power one whatever the name is.

This guy was really over doing it. I was wondering why he had spent so much money. He showed me itunes and I was immediatly hooked on it. At this point the new iPod video had not come out yet, and the iMac g5 was just released. I liked the way the iMac G5 looked mainly (it looks just like g4 only thinner) but I was afraid of what would happen to all my files that I had on my windows PC. But I said **** it, as the iMac was not so expensive. I actually ended up going to Shibuya myself the next day as he wanted to leave late and I am one of those people that have to do things exaclty when I want to. I made it to the store and omg the Apple store setup was amazing.

I still did not know what I was looking at, so I walked right up to the imac G5 and almost bumped my face on it. It was immaculate. I went to the store clerk "I want this one 17". Please yes. Upgrade to 1gb memory. yes. Upgrade to 250gb Harddrive. yes". I am not normally excited by computer gear, but this stuff was so appealing, I felt I had to have it, though I knew **** all about Tiger (OSX) or any of Apple's software at that. While waiting, I browsed to see what they had that I could take home and completely wipe out anything Microsoft I had at home. I was instantly sold on the whole "Mac" hype. Then I saw it. Crisp, lite, shiny, glossy, radiant, whatever term you can think of for beautiful. The iPod video. Some bs Japanse Video was playing, but it looked like a Tupac/50cent/Shakira/Beyonce video all at once, it was so pretty. I picked it up. the back was cold and crisp. I was immediatly sold without even knowing what the thing did. I thought it just played music video's. I went all out and got the 60GB one, as I hate running out of space and having to upgrade.

To fast forward, Apple products sell to the average consumer on looks alone initially. Upon reaching home, I actually fell in love with the hardware and software capability. Where it had taken me about 2 hours to hook up my Microsoft wireless router, I plugged in my imac, ONLY THE POWER PLUG, and set it on the floor because I had to put my files on a CD. I powered it on and turned away to my Windows XP, and a voice said "1700 hours". I was like wtf. I looked at the comp, and it then asked me did I want to connect to my wireless Internet. I clicked yes, and Safari opened up and I was on! From that point I knew I would never purchase anything else but Mac again.

(I could go more but this is already to long)
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 16:06   #2
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: iMac G5- iPod 5G Why they are popular. (LONG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
did he reach for the alarm because you're black !?

how much did this whiz bangery cost you then ?
and do the models with more memory actually increase in size or are the hard discs just "better" ?

edit... shakira
I don't think he was alarmed. Normally I dress pretty decent when I go to the city, and surely he noticed that my Avirex probably costed more than everything he had worn that week combined.
The 17" was not so expensive, only about $1299 US. And no, more memory, bigger harddrive do not increase the size of the model you request.
Shakira is ace ffs. But surely some old fart singer writes for her.
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 16:11   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If PC's didn't have so many random compatability issues I would probably know a hell of a lot less about computing than I do currently. If I wasn't a geek I'd definitely buy a Mac, but I am so meh.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 16:19   #4
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Welcome to my world

Enjoy Mac OS X. You won't go back to Windows now. Ever.
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 20:01   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
If PC's didn't have so many random compatability issues I would probably know a hell of a lot less about computing than I do currently.
We used an iMac in the kitchen, for music and other things, and I can safely say that the iMac had many more problems due to compatability errors than my Windows PC did.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote