User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Sep 2004, 23:33   #1
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Leshy] I Don't Use Opera Because...

I thought this could save a lot of time in the future and give Leshy a great deal of fun as he proves the points wrong and he moves towards Opera domination.

So if you don't use Opera, complete the sentence "I don't use Opera because....."

Personally "I don't use Opera because my home page (Sky News) looks shit in it compared to IE"

Edit: Well it used to look shit, but as Zar pointed out it now looks the same.

Last edited by Stew; 27 Sep 2004 at 00:02.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 23:36   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Leshy] I Don't Use Opera Because...

"I don't use Opera because I don't really care and haven't got annoyed with IE enough to put in the effort of changing."

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 23:40   #3
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I haven't used Opera (in the past) because, in actual fact, it seemed slower.
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 23:45   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i don't use opera, because the tabbed browsing (Which i couldn't get to go away) annoyed me.

also, i don't use opera because it doesn't (or didn't) like vbscript

-mist
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 23:48   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't use Opera because I'm an uncultured luddite who has never learned how to appreciate high-quality products, and the finer things in life. I watch MTV religiously and feel no urge to seek out different music, since the songs they play "sound fine to me". My simple primate brain has been bombarded with the platitude "if it aint broke dont fix it" since early childhood, and the idea of seeking improvement simply for the sake of improvement seems alien to me. I cannot understand why anyone would want a great product instead of settling for a good one, which is why I ask others "internet explorer works fine for me so why should I bother upgrading?". I don't bother replacing my shoes until they have at least 7 holes in them, and it baffles me that anyone would do so earlier. My mobile phone resembles a brick used in the construction of a Victorian house, but this doesnt bother me - it still makes calls.

I do not respect my own life enough to realise that I deserve a higher quality web-browsing experience than the one foisted on me by the faceless barons siting in the Dell boardroom. It matters not which browser I use to aimlessly pass the time until death releases me from the bland, featureless internet world which I am doomed to inhabit for the entirity of my pitiful existence.

Last edited by Nodrog; 26 Sep 2004 at 23:55.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 23:59   #6
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I don't use Opera because I'm an uncultured luddite who has never learned how to appreciate high-quality products, and the finer things in life. I watch MTV religiously and feel no urge to seek out different music, since the songs they play "sound fine to me". My simple primate brain has been bombarded with the platitude "if it aint broke dont fix it" since early childhood, and the idea of seeking improvement simply for the sake of improvement seems alien to me. I cannot understand why anyone would want a great product instead of settling for a good one, which is why I ask others "internet explorer works fine for me so why should I bother upgrading?". I don't bother replacing my shoes until they have at least 7 holes in them, and it baffles me that anyone would do so earlier. My mobile phone resembles a brick used in the construction of a Victorian house, but this doesnt bother me - it still makes calls.

I do not respect my own life enough to realise that I deserve a higher quality web-browsing experience than the one foisted on me by the faceless barons siting in the Dell boardroom. It matters not which browser I use to aimlessly pass the time until death releases me from the bland, featureless internet world which I am doomed to inhabit for the entirity of my pitiful existence.
this is funny

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 00:00   #7
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

<3 Ie
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 00:01   #8
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
i don't use opera, because the tabbed browsing (Which i couldn't get to go away) annoyed me.

also, i don't use opera because it doesn't (or didn't) like vbscript

-mist
tools/preferences/windows/window handling --> set to "prefer seperate windows"
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 00:01   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Alt+P, Windows, set Window Handling to "Prefer seperate windows". Fixed.

Edit: Beaten by Zar like your average Iraqi in Abu Ghraib
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 01:18   #10
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

I don't use Opera because it has a gay name

Firefox > *
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 01:24   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summanus
I don't use Opera because it has a gay name
That didn't prevent you from using a forum name with an anus in it, did it?
Quote:
Firefox > *
Not for me, at least.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 01:40   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't use Opera because Avant suits my needs better

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 02:00   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
I don't use Opera because Avant suits my needs better
Hopefully for you, it can deal with CSS.

Warning: MSIE users are advised not to click the link, as it contains highly advanced CSS code and will probably make your browser crash
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 02:06   #14
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think it takes like 4 tweaks to get Firefox to run faster than Opera.

Edit:

Quote:
I've heard it said, here and other places, that opera is the fastest browser available. It is fast - there's no denying that - but there are ways to make firefox render pages every bit as quickly, with just a few easy "tweaks." I had thought these adjustments were pretty well-known, but it's beginning to seem as though they may not be. So I thought it was worthwhile to bring these "hidden settings" more into the light.

To get started, type "about:config" in your firefox address bar. The settings you're looking for are:

1.) network.http.pipelining
2.) network.http.pipelining.firstrequest
3.) network.http.pipelining.maxrequests
4.) network.http.proxy.pipelining
5.) nglayout.ititialpaint.delay

Set #1, #2, and #4 to "true". Set #3 to a high number, like 32. Set #5 to 0.

Enabling the pipelining features allows the browser to make multiple requests to the server at the same time. The "maxrequests" is the maximum number of requests it will send at once. I've heard that 8 is the most it will send at once, but setting it higher won't hurt, just in case. The initialpaint.delay is the length of time (in milliseconds) after the server response before the browser begins to paint the page.

Adjusting those settings will help pages render much faster in firefox. In fact, my own observations have been that, tweaked in this manner, firefox will render faster than opera (and yes, I realize that others may experience different results).
Source.

Last edited by Hicks; 27 Sep 2004 at 02:12.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 02:07   #15
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
That didn't prevent you from using a forum name with an anus in it, did it?
The amount of anuses used in Latin therefore makes it the gayest language in the history of everything. I concur. Firefox is still a cooler name then Operagay though
The time Opera saves loading pages is more than compensated for in the time my eyes spend wading through the crap Opera has on the screen.

With relation to speed, I just ran my own little experiment. I opened the Forum homepage in both Opera and Firefox. Clicked refresh in Opera, then Firefox. Waited for the screen to refresh in FF, then checked back on Opera. Opera was still waiting, in addition to not showing the advertisement (FF did).
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 02:11   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I think it takes 4 tweaks to get Firefox to run faster than Opera.
If you refer to the turning on of the HTTP pipelining, those are tweaks I made before running that test, which is why I found the results so surprising myself.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 08:27   #17
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Warning: MSIE users are advised not to click the link, as it contains highly advanced CSS code and will probably make your browser crash
How totally ghey, a website that deliberately locks up a browser. If Microsoft did that there would be a witch hunt. Because some spotty nerd did it, everyone thinks he is clever.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 08:38   #18
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I don't use Opera because I prefer the overall "feel" of Firefox in general.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 08:44   #19
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I Don't Use Opera Because... it's an overladen peice of shit that like Google is slowly trapping people into its corporate little world before it's too late and they realise they've been had.... and people say Microsoft are evil
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 08:48   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't use opera because IE makes me feel warm and secure due to it's familiarity.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 09:03   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
How totally ghey, a website that deliberately locks up a browser.
Actually, no. The website in question does nothing to lock up any browser whatsoever, it just uses CSS. Which MSIE apparently can't handle. The offending piece of CSS?
Code:
.prev-next {margin: 0; padding: 0.25em 1% 0; 
  float: left; width: 98%; height: 1em;}
Read the accompanying article.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 09:18   #22
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

The page is called IE-freeze, I think it's pretty obvious what it is supposed to do Leshy.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 09:19   #23
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

I dont use opera because Bill Gates owns my soul.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 09:25   #24
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i use opera and IE, depends if i am at work or at home
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 09:39   #25
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
The page is called IE-freeze, I think it's pretty obvious what it is supposed to do Leshy.

Are you seriously this stupid, or are you just trolling? The page was originally an article, but it apparently had the side effect of consistently crashing MSIE due to using otherwise very normal and correct CSS. The page I linked to is simply the demonstration page he has saved.

Normally one crashes a browser by using some kind of malicious code or causing a buffer overflow. This is the first time a browser crashes because it encounters web standards.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 10:20   #26
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

i don't use opera because firefox is better in my opinion.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 10:39   #27
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog

LOL

this will be the first ****ing time I am going to store a quote from GD

(firefox 4 eva btw)
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 11:06   #28
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:

Are you seriously this stupid, or are you just trolling? The page was originally an article, but it apparently had the side effect of consistently crashing MSIE due to using otherwise very normal and correct CSS. The page I linked to is simply the demonstration page he has saved.

Normally one crashes a browser by using some kind of malicious code or causing a buffer overflow. This is the first time a browser crashes because it encounters web standards.
Right........

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 11:20   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I use Firefox because i really couldn't be arsed with Opera.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 12:17   #30
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Right........

~Vaio~
It was not made to crash IE.
It was made, and does crash IE.
There is a difference
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 12:27   #31
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
I don't use Opera because I prefer the overall "feel" of Firefox in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I use Firefox because i really couldn't be arsed with Opera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I don't use opera because IE makes me feel warm and secure due to it's familiarity.
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 12:32   #32
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've tried Opera twice and never felt comfortable with it. Firefox seems easier, better suited to what i want and is practically as safe as Opera so i dont see the need to use anything other than Firefox.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 13:06   #33
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

leshy, you didn't cover the vba problem...

-mist
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 15:00   #34
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I don't use Opera because Leshy won't shut up about it.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 15:48   #35
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Can I get away with 'I don't use Opera cause i'm not a twat' do you think ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 15:54   #36
Chippeh
Void of Sarcasm

Chippeh is an unknown quantity at this point

I now use Opera because of this thread

Thank you Stew/Leshy

(PS, anyway to have gmail work with it? or must I return to the horror's of IE for gmail? )
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 16:27   #37
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

Quote:

M... really need to read the warnings first fs
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 16:29   #38
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I don't use Opera because it's a pile of shit like Kazaa. The fact it has an extremely poor way of blocking ads makes it an annoyance and it's not easy to block ads like Firefox is another fact. The day Opera > Firefox will be the day some retard makes an easy element-blocker/nuker like Firefox has. Claiming Opera is better than Firefox on the basis most of the plugins for Firefox originate from ideas with Opera is rubbish. Oh no, Firefox is partly a clone of Opera...um...so what? It's like saying UBB is the best bulletin-board software out there (former Perl BB software) because it's more original than vbulletin, when we all know which is more popular & has better enhancing features... Same line of argument for Firefox - enhancing features + it's easier to configure.

Even if it is faster than Firefox, time loads are neglible on average. If Opera really was better than Firefox, I'm sure more users would use it than Firefox. Ooh no...but wait! Popularity isn't a sign of it being better now is it? Well yes and no but mainly, yes.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 16:38   #39
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Stop using sensible arguements at Leshy, he doesn't like them

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 16:46   #40
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

plugins have never worked properly on either firefox or opera.

e.g..

windows Media player
realplayer
Flash/shockwave

etc

IE works...
if you have any knowledge of spyware its relatively easy (after a period of great pain in removing) to keep the pc clean...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 16:56   #41
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

i wil never use opera, because i can't be arsed earing a new browser when IE is preloaded
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 17:06   #42
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippeh
(PS, anyway to have gmail work with it? or must I return to the horror's of IE for gmail? )
Use Firefox. There's even a Gmail notifier plugin which logs into your account and tells you when you have new Email, MSN Messenger stylee.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 17:07   #43
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
i wil never use opera, because i can't be arsed earing a new browser when IE is preloaded

Somewhere Bill Gates is cackeling like an evil genuis right now.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 17:23   #44
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
leshy, you didn't cover the vba problem...
VBScript is a proprietary Microsoft language, and is as such not supported by Opera. Which is a good thing if you prefer websites staying the hell away from your Windows applications and CD-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Who created this thread? It wasn't me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippeh
GMail works with the preview version of Opera 7.60 and obviously will with the definitive release. Lower versions of Opera are blocked by GMail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
The fact it has an extremely poor way of blocking ads makes it an annoyance
Ads are something that is keeping the Internet free. Blocking ads is a short-term advantage which will hurt you long-term. Imagine having the ability to block advertisements on your TV channels or in magazines. Prices for them would skyrocket in no time up to the point where you could no longer afford them. Besides, sites that have exceptionally intrusive ads in the form of Flash animations filling up your screen are fairly rare and easily avoided.
Quote:
Claiming Opera is better than Firefox on the basis most of the plugins for Firefox originate from ideas with Opera is rubbish.
Fortunately you're mentioning an argument that's never been made - at least not by me.
Quote:
Popularity isn't a sign of it being better now is it? Well yes and no but mainly, yes.
You'd better switch to Internet Explorer then. With a market share of 80%+, it's clearly the best browser available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim

e.g..

windows Media player
realplayer
Flash/shockwave
All of which work fine here, both in Opera 7.54 and Firefox 1.0PR, and have done so since respectively 7.0 and at least 0.3. And what's this spyware thing you're talking about?
Quote:
Stop using sensible arguements at Leshy, he doesn't like them

~Vaio~
Says the person who tries to dismiss the fact that MSIE crashes when confronted with completely non-harmless web standards with a "Right...". People in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks around.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 17:36   #45
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
VBScript is a proprietary Microsoft language, and is as such not supported by Opera. Which is a good thing if you prefer websites staying the hell away from your Windows applications and CD-drive
Agreed.

Quote:
You'd better switch to Internet Explorer then. With a market share of 80%+, it's clearly the best browser available.
Herasy! Burn the Warlock/Witch!

Quote:

e.g..

windows Media player
realplayer
Flash/shockwave
they all ( bar windows media player ) work fine for me and im using firefox 1.0 PR

Quote:
Says the person who tries to dismiss the fact that MSIE crashes when confronted with completely non-harmless web standards with a "Right...". People in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks around.
list the circumstances MSIE , or things MS WONT crash under? im sure itll be a shorter list

tbh a good reason to stay WELL away from IE right now is that jpg exploit thats out there. no idea if opera is ok agasint it ( leshy, care to enlighten? ) but firefox i believe is fine.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 17:40   #46
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Both Opera and Firefox don't use the vulnerable GDIPlus library - they do their own JPEG decoding.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 17:40   #47
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
In Leshy`s defence, it must be said that, Leshy rarely starts threads regarding browsers or operas, rather he is often addressed thus he replies.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 17:41   #48
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

If you use windows update, you wont have a problem with the jpg exploit

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 17:48   #49
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
If you use windows update, you wont have a problem with the jpg exploit
Of course, that still leaves you with 19 other unpatched exploits.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 17:56   #50
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

idd. you have to be either insane, or ignorant/foolish/newbie to still be using Ie as your main browser