User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Apr 2004, 12:37   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Natwest, are fking shit.

So, heres the story.

The other day (5th of April actually) I'm using my cash card in a cash machine oposite my work. Some clever scamming **** comes up to me, and manages to get the card without me seeing him do it. I knew he had it, but I didnt actually see him do it, else I'd have battered him.

Anyway, straight away, phoned up my bank to cancel the card. Right there and then I rung up to cancel it, and I was also advised to check back on monday to see if he'd put any transactions though on it, and if he had I could go about the process of getting them taken off.

So, doing as I was told, I checked back on monday and was told nope, nothings gone through, its all fine. We'll send a new card out to you, etc etc.

So, while I'm still waiting for my new card, 3 and a bit weeks later. I did get my statement today, can you see whats coming children? I'm £1400 poorer than I should be, all of it taken out from a branch, the same day AFTER I phoned up to cancel the card.

Now, I'm not happy, after randomly punching stuff to stop myself from exploding, I decide to give my tossers of a bank a call, and I'm told by the unhelpful prick on the other end of the line, you have to go into a branch, we dont deal with this, it'll take 2 months to process the investigation.

So, for 2 months, I'm supposed to go without £1400?

I'm currently sitting here, trying not to explode, and wondering why I dont just clean my Natwest account out right up to its overdraft limit and then tell them to go **** themselves.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 12:41   #2
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Natwest, are fking shit.

I've never had any probs with natwest.

Oooh hang on I lie - bout 2 years ago I had bout £250 taken out of my account - I rang up and cancelled, they went through trasnactions made and I verified none were mine. Then I ring up the refund people who said it's too late - you have to tell them when you say you've had money stolen that you have card protection. I was fuming and about two months later after a few letters I finally got the money back.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 12:46   #3
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Stories like this scare the **** out of me.

I hope you get it sorted sooner than 2 months, it should be possible with enough complaining and shouting at the right people.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 12:46   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Barclays have always been great with me, i recommend them .
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 13:31   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm an HSBC fan myself.
Don't use Natwest, their online banking is shit. I mean not only can you not make payments or manage direct debits or standing orders or anything like that, it doesn't even tell you where the transactions were made ffs - what use is that?

Taking a cashpoint transaction as an example, on mine it says:
16 APR ATM
CASH ABY NAT APR16
BLECHYEN TER@22:18

Whereas natwest would say something very like:
16/04 CWD (cash withdrawl)

Yeah cos thats like REALLY useful for keeping track of where your moneys going. I hope for your sake rids their paper statements are a bit better, or presumably you'd have no idea where the money was taken, just what type of transaction it was (CWD, SWT...), so for all you'd know it could've been spent in a jewlers shop in london or on a new computer from ebuyer, and you'd have no way of finding out...
Bit sucky.

Ok I'm done ranting.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 13:32   #6
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got scammed on an online purchase, someone bought a mobile using my details and ran up a bill for the phone and calls of over 500 quid.

Since it was an online transaction, I had to sign a form saying "Oh no sir, it wasn't me at all" and they refunded the cash. Took about 2 months.

However, in the 19 years I've had an account (LOL, DM IS OLD!!) I've always thought NatWest are a steaming pile of wank, simply because they're too big.
It was only when I got some newfangled account they offered me for customers who earn more than xxxx, that they actually improved. If you're scum, you get scummy service.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 13:35   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It'd take an utter criminal mastermind to get any money out of my account, let alone £500.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 13:36   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd leave Natwest in a second if they're that incompetent. You should probably try talking to someone in the bank itself though, most of them are generally fairly helpful people who'll try to sort everything out for you.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 13:38   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rids, if you need any of that money in the next month, they can probably come to some kind of arrangement as it's at least partially their fault.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 13:42   #10
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Ive never had any problems with HSBC.
I like them.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 13:47   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

HSBC own my soul
i hate barclays though, they have ****ed me and some of my mates about something chronic
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 14:19   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Natwest, are fking shit.

Why not hate all large banking concerns, as the bloated, Capitalist, beureaucratic monstrosities that they are.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 14:55   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

HSBC are increadibly good when it comes to stolen cards.

Dad had his business card stolen.

We tried to purchase some petrol in the states and it was declined. He phoned up the bank and had hit the absurdly high figure hes allowed to get too...
They read through the statement and detailed every transaction and its cost in both dollars and pounds for us.

The card it seems was cloned and used throughout florida and also in Sweeden (???). $300 dollar meal here. $100 dollars of petrol there...couple of hundred dollars spent in electrical stores....bit more to eat...

basically loads and loads and loads of 300-500$ transactions all the way down the east coast of florida until it got to miami where he maxxed it out.

However HSBC told us we wouldnt be charged. They cancelled all charges. Dads card was working again within a few hours.

And this was all done over the phone. All we had to do was prove that we were in a totally different area for just one transaction....turned out when dad had his card swiped in orlando for a meal it was swiped 2minutes later 300 miles away....

HSBC
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 14:59   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Yeah, HSBC were fairly good when I lost my card once.

For some reason I hadn't gone completley upto my limit on this card, so some git bought a curry in Peckham before I hit my limit. Even though I hadn't reported it lost/stolen until after it was used, they refunded it without too much hassle.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 15:54   #15
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I use HSBC as well, and they've always been excellent for everything really.
Obliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 15:56   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Natwest, are fking shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
I use HSBC as well, and they've always been excellent for everything really.
Why have you got Jonny as your avatar?

You lurve him.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 16:07   #17
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
I got scammed on an online purchase, someone bought a mobile using my details and ran up a bill for the phone and calls of over 500 quid.

Since it was an online transaction, I had to sign a form saying "Oh no sir, it wasn't me at all" and they refunded the cash. Took about 2 months.

However, in the 19 years I've had an account (LOL, DM IS OLD!!) I've always thought NatWest are a steaming pile of wank, simply because they're too big.
It was only when I got some newfangled account they offered me for customers who earn more than xxxx, that they actually improved. If you're scum, you get scummy service.
Don`t worry Dm, I`ve had an account for that long. hehe. I used to be with Nat West a few years ago. In the years I was with them, they were definately were tossers when they wanted to be. I left Nat West two years ago owing many thousands of pounds.I`m now with the Woolich, and will be going bankrupt sometime in the future. That will learn them, they can kiss their money right off.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 16:15   #18
Obliterate

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Why have you got Jonny as your avatar?

You lurve him.
I don't lurve him. Not yet anyway.

I take it you lurve Oliver Letwin then.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 16:21   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
I take it you lurve Oliver Letwin then.
I am Oliver Letwin.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 16:23   #20
Obliterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I am Oliver Letwin.
Oh. Everything makes perfect sense now. Thanks for clearing that one up.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 17:37   #21
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Find out the phone number of NatWest's headquarters (Companies House probably has this), phone up and demand to speak to the Chief Executive. (If they don't let you speak to him (which is admittedly quite likely), tell them you're a BBC journalist writing a feature for the 6 o'clock news on customer service in the banking industry.) Tell him his bank has stolen your money and if they don't give it back you'll write to the Sun and tell all their readers how utterly abominable NatWest are and that if they bank with them they will lose all their money because NatWest will give it to criminals after cards have been cancelled. He'll probably have an important meeting to go to (i.e. he will want to get back to naughtiness with his secretary) and he'll get the money put back in your account to make you go away. It can't fail.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 17:53   #22
MeridianStar
Para Keet

MeridianStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I would agree that they would indeed have to investigate the claim, but it will be somewhere, in black and white, the date and time you called to cancel the card and your call may even have been recorded. The fact is, the buck passed to them and they should cough it up. I do like Proteus's idea, though.
[23:46] <Theamion> i still love you tho
[23:47] <Theamion> you mad scottish bint
MeridianStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 18:17   #23
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I work for HSBC and did 9 months doing ATM/Switch transaction fraud.

Rids , your case is not unusual, but Natwest are being idiots about it if they expect you to go 2 months without £1400. Anyone caught with that fraud on one of our accounts, we would fire out a disclaimer, get it signed and returned, and as soon as its back, the funds are returned to your account while we do the remainder of the investigation.

Natwest are following the procedure, but thats really shit customer service. Go into your branch, speak to your account manager (and do it NOW while things are still on the system, before they get processed by a monkey in India and become semi-intelligible), and ask him to set up an overdraft facility for the duration of the investigation. USUALLY he will set up an O/D facility without charge for the duration and refund any debit interest you incur, providing youre a reasonably good customer.

If youve got returned payments on your account though, itll **** your account conduct score (every bank has their own version of it) and youll probably find the most he will do is a £500 facility which theyll charge you for.

Oh , and ask for the disclaimer to be FAXED to your account holding branch, and go in and sign it in person. Otherwise the ****ing things take months to come in the post, and months to get back, and youll be even longer out of pocket.

PS : Consider yourself lucky youre not in South Africa. If youd be done there, youd be down about £6,000 by now judging by certain fraudsters patterns
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 20:48   #24
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

It's people like these that make me feel safe and secure to only possess a bank card that is only good for withdrawing money only if you know my pin number.

Nothing liek criminals moving on and not being interested in petty theft of cash anymore.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 20:53   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Lock up your women.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 22:42   #26
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't realy lost much money by them, but they still pissed me off. In december I went to get the gold account trial cancelled, but the indept dopey looking cow at the bank didn't do it properly. I was out of work, so the only money in the account was to pay off the overdraft. I got charged for the service that I thought was cancelled, which took me overdrawn, so the month after I got a charge of £20. So I went and 'cancelled' the service again (It turns out the ****wit didnt cancel it) and I had the charges taken off. Next month, I had ANOTHER ****ing charge for being taken overdrawn and having the service on my card. Phoned again, got the funds sorted and they paid me back some other charges which were to be taken, and reimbursed me for phonecalls (only a tenner, but I dont pay the bill so I got some drinks out of it). Nothing happened in March. Few days ago, I got a letter telling me Im being charged for the same bloody thing on friday. Thankfully, Im in a job so Ill pay the money for now and then dispute it, 'least it isnt going to take me overdrawn. again.

The moral of the story is, if the banker looks thick as pigshit then wait for another one to ser ve you.
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 00:35   #27
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
The other day (5th of April actually) I'm using my cash card in a cash machine oposite my work. Some clever scamming **** comes up to me, and manages to get the card without me seeing him do it. I knew he had it, but I didnt actually see him do it, else I'd have battered him.

See living in Glasgow has it's benefits.

Because i realise that there's alot of scum about i am always :MEGA:vigilant when i'm withdrawing cash.

Amongst other things i check the reflection of the street behind me in the Bank "window".

I'm then very careful putting my cash and card away.

You've obviously gotten sloppy Rids :tuttut:
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 00:41   #28
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Rant.
Yeach that used to be the case - not anymore!

This thread is wierd - everyone I know hates most other banks esp HSBC but noone I know (besides me but I still <3 NatWest) has had any probs with them!

My mate got charged for takin money out of his HSBC account when bein used abroad - not that wierd you say - but this was from the HSBC headquarters in HK!!!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 02:06   #29
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
See living in Glasgow has it's benefits.

Because i realise that there's alot of scum about i am always :MEGA:vigilant when i'm withdrawing cash.

Amongst other things i check the reflection of the street behind me in the Bank "window".

I'm then very careful putting my cash and card away.

You've obviously gotten sloppy Rids :tuttut:
I was complacent.

I've always been of the attitude, whos going to **** with me?

Also, the fact it happened on the busiest shopping street in Europe, in direct sight of my workplace, under the cover of 1.2 billion CCTV cameras, lulled me into a false sense of security.

If I hadnt been in such a rush to get to the arsenal vs united fa cup game, I'd have decked the dirty Iti twat too.
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 10:18   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lloyds have been very annoying several times.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 13:08   #31
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

what was the scam rids?
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 13:39   #32
Rids
The Bad Guy

It was fking retarded of me to full for it.

Basically, just as the card was about to come out, guy comes over 'Does this cashpoint work? 1 and 3 dont work?' Thus, getting me to look down at 1 and 3. The second I'm distracted he manages to get the card from the slot, as I look up, out comes my cash, but no card.

I knew something dodgy had gone on, I knew there and then. He tells me 'press cancel and enter your pin number and the card will come back' - My response was to tell him to go **** himself, I was 99.999% certain he had it, I just didnt want to assault him and be wrong, heh.

Anyway, turns out he did have the card. I stood, right next to the cash machine, phoned my bank and told them I'd had my card stolen, needed it blocked RIGHT ****ING NOW, etc.

Anyway, went to the bank today, told that I now have to get a crime reference number. Why I couldnt have been told this over the ****ing phone in the first place, I'm not sure, but of course, because it all happened so long ago, the met dont want to give me a reference number.

I'm really at the point where I could just say '**** it' and let Natwest try and come after me for the money.
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 17:41   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
It was fking retarded of me to full for it.

Basically, just as the card was about to come out, guy comes over 'Does this cashpoint work? 1 and 3 dont work?' Thus, getting me to look down at 1 and 3. The second I'm distracted he manages to get the card from the slot, as I look up, out comes my cash, but no card.

I knew something dodgy had gone on, I knew there and then. He tells me 'press cancel and enter your pin number and the card will come back' - My response was to tell him to go **** himself, I was 99.999% certain he had it, I just didnt want to assault him and be wrong, heh.

Anyway, turns out he did have the card. I stood, right next to the cash machine, phoned my bank and told them I'd had my card stolen, needed it blocked RIGHT ****ING NOW, etc.

Anyway, went to the bank today, told that I now have to get a crime reference number. Why I couldnt have been told this over the ****ing phone in the first place, I'm not sure, but of course, because it all happened so long ago, the met dont want to give me a reference number.

I'm really at the point where I could just say '**** it' and let Natwest try and come after me for the money.
Dont **** about with Bank Policy Rids. Its annoying, but they can literally **** up your credit for life if they do take it further. Get a crime reference (itll take you an hour, find a local police station, give them the details , trust me , its a REALLY ****ing frequent fraud, youll get no hassle). Give it to them, its just for them to be able to justify writing it off to their fraud account. Get the forms faxed to branch like i said above, and youll have it sorted a shitload quicker.

Its annoying, frustrating, and youre going to be pissed for the duration that they got the funds from you (no need to input your pin a 2nd time, they got it the first time i would think), but suck in the gut, get it done, and youll get it back a lot quicker.

You can say "**** Em" , but in the end, you wont. Ive done the job on the other end of that phone for 8 months, and no matter how much you complain, the process doesnt get any faster.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote