User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:17   #1
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Sheffield Uni

I'm going to an open day there tomorrow, and I know at least a couple of you go to the uni, SO I figured here would be a good place to ask.

I plan on driving to the uni (getting a train involves changes, and waiting around at stations for ages, which I cba to do :-/ ). My question is, am I allowed to park at the university - or do I have to park in the park and ride and get a tram/bus instead?

Thanks!
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:21   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Sheffield Uni

I bet anything Stew* mentions the fact he is in the DVD or whatever the promotional thing is that Sheffield Uni do.

*could be Ste, i forget
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:22   #3
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Maybe you and Stew could have a web meet or something fun ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:25   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I parked at the top of some hill near the politics department and the gym when I went a couple of weeks ago.

(It was Ste on the DVD)
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:26   #5
Obliterate

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I bet anything Stew* mentions the fact he is in the DVD or whatever the promotional thing is that Sheffield Uni do.

*could be Ste, i forget
Yeah it is Ste, I remember cos he told me last time I asked about Sheffield. I saw him in the DVD too :P
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:29   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Damn he is going to neg rep me for thinking he was Stew . How about you delete this thread and we try again?
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:36   #7
Obliterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Damn he is going to neg rep me for thinking he was Stew . How about you delete this thread and we try again?
He might pos rep you for reminding everyone of the fact that he was in a promotional DVD
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:40   #8
JC
lolly roffle

Fingers crossed he will because we all know he is really .
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:47   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Parking on the road around the University is severely restricted, so I recommend that he parks in the Halls of Residence areas and takes a 10-15 minute walk down to the campus from there."

Someone on MSN just told me.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:51   #10
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/maps/university_big.html

I was parked on that bit just off the map past Northumberland Road. It's not a long walk to the student union area.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:55   #11
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hey, i'm in the promotional dvd for Sheffield Uni

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:58   #12
Obliterate

My open day is in the Arts Tower, and there are 3 parking places right next to that. If they're full though I'll take a look round by the halls of residence - much closer than parking in a park and ride anyway!

Cheers for the help dudes
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 00:00   #13
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

anyway - parking is quite difficult around the uni. It's all pay and display. You could do it I guess.
Otherwise PM me and you can probably park outside my house and walk down - it's 10 mins to the union from here.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 00:02   #14
Ste
Bored

don't park in the halls of residence - they're miles away.

Unread 16 Mar 2005, 00:08   #15
Obliterate

I don't mind a bit of a walk, as long as it's not TOO far - probably a good thing anyway cos I'll get to take a look around and things - anything would be closer than having to get a bus into the uni anyway, which is what I was originally planning to do (on the letter they sent me, they say "Due to ongoing building work and the numbers involved I regret that we are unable to provide visitor parking permits for open days")
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 00:16   #16
Ste
Bored

come on IRC and talk to me if you like.
I do open days for prospective students for my department too so i'm full of useful knowledge.

Seriously - you can find somewhere much closer to park to the university than the halls of residences.