User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 May 2004, 14:53   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Oi, SeanG (O2 Online)

I'm with O2 online.
The service is absolutely fine so long as you don't need to speak to an actual human at any point. If you do, then you're in the shit.

Oh yes, did I mention they've outsourced their support to India?
Oh. I'll do it now then.
They've outsourced their support to India, so don't expect your reply to be all that readable (or in extreme cases, even make sense).

My current problem is that one of my mates got hold of my phone and thought it'd be a laugh to block my PIN2 by getting it wrong 3 times. Unfortunately, since the same mate had already tried this with my old phone (but the same sim) and got as far as entering the wrong one twice before I got it back off him, he only had to do it once this time, so I now need my PUK2 code off them to unblock it.

The correspondence so far has gone like this (woo, look at me breaching my terms of service by reproducing private corespondence without the permission of both parties...):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Hello,
Unfortunately the PIN2 code on my SIM card has become blocked and I now need my PUK2 code to unblock it. Could you provide me with this please.
Thanks,
Matthew Dale.
Back came the reply...
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2 Customer Services
Dear Matthew,
Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Service.
Please accept my apologies for any delay in responding to your email.
Your PIN2 number is xxxx. Please be informed that if your SIM does not accept the PIN2 number enter PIN2 number 3 times wrong, in your handset then your SIM will be blocked.
If your SIM is blocked while trying to enter PIN2, In order to unblock your SIM you would require a PUK2 code. May I request you to please contact us with the SIM number (can be found on the SIM card) so that we will be providing you the PUK code.
If you need further information regarding this matter, please reply to this email. For further details about O2, please visit our online Help Centre at:
http://www.o2.co.uk/help
Kind regards,
Gurvinder Singh
O2 Customer Service.

Important: O2 Online endeavour to resolve your query on your initial contact and "Get It Right". If we have failed to attain the high standards we set for ourselves please reply to this email placing the words "Get It Right" in the subject field of your response and we will deal with your response as a matter of priority.
Yessss, thanks, I do KNOW what my PIN2 is, that's not the problem. Ok fair enough, I didn't provide them with the SIM number which they needed. Could've done without them telling me what my problem was all over again when I, oddly enough, already know what the problem is. Also that bit in the middle you probably have to read a few times before you work out what they guy's trying to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Hello,
Yes unfortunately as I originally stated I have ended up getting PIN2 blocked so if you could send me the PUK2 code that'd be great.
My SIM number is:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,
Matthew Dale.
So back comes the reply...
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2 Customer Services
Dear Matthew,
Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Service.
I understand your concern regarding PUK2 code. I would like to inform you that the PUK2 code is the handset feature and is not provided by your service provider. May I request you to take the help of your user manual. If still its of no help, kindly write back to us and we will be happy to assist you.
If you need further information regarding this matter, please reply to this email. For further details about O2, please visit our online Help Centre at:
http://www.o2.co.uk/help
Kind regards,
Vandana Kaul
O2 Customer Service.

Important: O2 Online endeavour to resolve your query on your initial contact and "Get It Right". If we have failed to attain the high standards we set for ourselves please reply to this email placing the words "Get It Right" in the subject field of your response and we will deal with your response as a matter of priority.
What?! No it isn't! The PIN2 is a SIM card feature which means its controlled by you, you bunch of muppets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Hello again,
The manual states that both the PIN and PIN2 codes and the associated PUK and PUK2 codes are controlled by the network operator. This is supported by the fact that I initially got the PIN2 wrong twice in my old phone, and then got it wrong one more time in my new phone - surely this shows that it is linked to the SIM (and therefore set by you, the network) and not to the phone, otherwise how would the new phone know that I had already entered the wrong code twice?
Maybe you were thinking of the phone lock code, which IS a feature of the individual phone. This however is not what has been blocked.
As you are probably aware, the Sony-Ericsson T630, like most phones, has 3 security settings; PIN and PIN2, both of which are features of the SIM card, and the Phone Lock Code, which is a feature of the phone. Obviously any security feature (PIN and PIN2) of the SIM card is controlled by you.
The problem remains that the PIN2 code has been blocked and that it is you, the network operator, who needs to provide me with the PUK2 code to unblock it.
Once again, my SIM number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope that I have made myself clear this time and avoided any further confusion.
Thanks in advance.
Matthew Dale
I'm still waiting on a reply for this one. If I have to send another one it is likely to be significantly less polite. I'm already not best pleased that I'm having to explain the difference between SIM and Phone security features to their own support team...

Last edited by meglamaniac; 20 May 2004 at 14:59.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 14:59   #2
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Re: Oi, SeanG (O2 Online)

When did it switch over?
I phoned them in March and all was fine, I got through pretty much straight away

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 15:01   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not sure if the call centre has moved, but email clearly has.
The call centre is another matter entirely (for that, read: i'm buggered if i'm paying 50p a minute to get my damn support thank you very much).

Unread 20 May 2004, 15:02   #4
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

It's rather rude of him to address you by your first name. I'd complain if a company wrote to me like that.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 15:26   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

E-mail can be dodgy when trying to sort stuff in customer service. Think how many they get... yours is just another.

Phoning is usually a better idea if you want to get some service quicker. Plus if they give you the wrong thing you can go "no no no" but be friendly. If you are friendly on the phone it's normally fixed quicker also... o2 are the exception in this case.
Unread 20 May 2004, 15:29   #6
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
E-mail can be dodgy when trying to sort stuff in customer service. Think how many they get... yours is just another.

Phoning is usually a better idea if you want to get some service quicker. Plus if they give you the wrong thing you can go "no no no" but be friendly. If you are friendly on the phone it's normally fixed quicker also... o2 are the exception in this case.
Beat me to it, I was going to say exactly the same but I ended my psot as the boss was coming.

When you phone you're in their face, firing questions, they can't shrug you off or delete you from their Inbox, can they?

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 15:40   #7
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Can't you just phone them up? I got my PUK code from Orange within minutes.... Surely O2's phone support can't be *that* bad can it?
Obliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 16:09   #8
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

O2's phone support seem to be trained in asking 10 pointless questions before allowing you to speak (thereby clocking up at least a minute of call time)
It doesn't matter how many times you say "shut up I've got a question that doesn't need you to know any of that stuff" they still carry on.

I wanted the phone number for disconnections (cos I'm buggered if I can find it anywhere on the O2 Online site) and they couldn't give me it until I'd confirmed my name, my phone number and the first line of my address. (at which point ofc the "computer is being a bit slow today")
(Incidentally when I eventually did get through to disconnections they tried to sell me an upgraded phone/tarrif which would have been more expensive than if I'd disconnected and signed straight back up again)

muppets!
Unread 20 May 2004, 16:14   #9
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Phone O2's head office on 0113 272 2000.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 16:21   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
O2's head office is in Leeds - says it all!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 16:22   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus

Is it possible to do the phone equivilent of a DDOS attack by hacking/some other means (ie clog up all their lines so they cant make any phonecalls)?
Unread 20 May 2004, 18:10   #12
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

O2 = fun fun fun by the looks of it

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 18:11   #13
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I've been in contact with O2 several times, and have had no problem speaking to people. Shame the information they give is ****ing bullshit mind.
Unread 20 May 2004, 18:53   #14
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

5151 from your mobile gets you almost straight through to someone.
50p per minute tho.

and yes they are shit

oh and megla - isn't it that the pin2 code is set by the network operator BUT the puk code is set by the manufacturer?
I'm really suprised you actually managed to get a reply from them by email! whenever I've tried I get **** all. How long did it take?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 19:16   #15
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

about 5 days for each one