User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 3 Apr 2006, 16:00   #1
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
A little help please!!

Didn't play the last round - but I'm considering rejoining the game as in work I now have my own workstation (my own computer). In the past I had to share a computer with 3 other people and it was frowned upon if I played PA.

I just tried to set up mIRC and chat to some of the friends i gained in previous rounds and I've totally forgotten everything about mIRC

I've download it and i've tried to connect - but no joy

Can someone give me some advice just to refresh my brain - speak in the most simple english possible (no computer jargon)
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 16:04   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: A little help please!!

Maybe your works firewall stops you from connecting to an irc server?
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 16:14   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

irc.netgamers.org
port 6667

If that doesn't work, you may have a firewall that you need to disable or to get it to allow mIRC traffic to pass through it. Alternatively you may need to get the port opened up.

If neither work, you may need to use cgi-irc. Try any of these:
http://www.polarhome.com
http://www.mouselike.org
http://www.liquidmagma.co.uk/cgi-bin/irc.cgi
http://www.talshiar-alliance.com/WebIRC.html
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 16:15   #4
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

I think I can control my firewall - but i'm more concerned with what to type in what box in options on mirc etc
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 16:23   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The standard setting should be fine, once you've added that server info.

Netgamers should be in the servers list anyway.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 16:49   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

/server irc.netgamers.org
/nick yournick
/join #chan

furthermore go register yr ircnickname at www.netgamers.org
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 02:33   #7
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

/server firefly.no.eu.netgamers.org 8080

That uses the web port for NG IRC. Don't listen to jerome.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 03:22   #8
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

<3 Jerome

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 22:53   #9
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Gossip: Jonas loves Jerome. I also heard that they got a real relationship going on.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 10:26   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

what the **** are you newbies babbling about
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 20:23   #11
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

I don't know to be honest. I live in a dream world where there are flowers everywhere and people are singing the favourite love songs.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 20:30   #12
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
I don't know to be honest. I live in a dream world where there are flowers everywhere and people are singing the favourite love songs.
jerome always ends up there after slitting his wrists.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote