User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 9 Jul 2004, 21:35   #1
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts
Tribal War I

There are numerous tribes on the country of Brosludanina. Every tribe as of this date has signed a non-agression agreement... although due to the primitive nature of the tribes they call it something that sounds less techincal and of another language. That is, however, beside the point. This "pact" brought all the tribes a little bit of extra prosperity. It encouraged trade routes, unified many elders, and brought a greater understanding of one other. Similar to a golden age.

Something bad is about to happen. No one knows what is going to happen either. But it's going to start a war of some sort.You as a tribal war leader, are in charge of your tribes war operations. However, this will be a rather open RP because you can take and try to do whatever you want with what I give you and I will dm accordingly... I.E. you take your war party and massecre a small group of innocent villages... you can do whatever you want. Take note: If you aren't serious in your dealings and try to make a joke of it... I will kill you.

- Each person is a war leader, part of an existing tribe until further notice.

-Each player can make your own char, name the tribe you are from. Seperate tribes please.

- You start with 1000 tokens to buy your camp, war parties, etc..

- You will have the potential to raise tokens, gain influence, get reputation, rise to power, take over the country, move to another country, build an empire, anything you aspire to, my goal is to stop you.

-Player interaction is required at some point.

-You will be able to gain in technology, adding more units and everything else it entails.

-You are terran,and of no special powers.

- I am the God of this thread, everything I say... goes I also reserve the right to kill, maim, destory, burn. raze, throw lightening down at, smite, blow up, castrate, and labotomize anyone or anything I see fit. For any reason including that of shear boredom with your posts.

- Enjoy and sign up now! I will DM as much as I can which will quite possibly be every single night.

Last edited by Ryon Jkar; 9 Jul 2004 at 22:37.
Ryon Jkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 21:42   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Tribal War I

i am expressing a potential for interest
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 22:29   #3
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Just a start::::

Unit Types: All units are bought in groups of 5 except for buildings
(Only basic units available right now, more units available later, you can find other units at other villages, cities, advances in tech should you choose to pursuit new ways to kill people. )

Non-military Units and Buildings

Worker - 100 Tokens - Can build. Get wood, forage for food. ( for every 5 workers, you bring in a total of 25 wood and 25 food every day.a day usually equals one dm post)

Guard - 200 Tokens - Watches over camp at night and while you are gone. (I put them in the non-military list because they can't leave camp.Very powerful warriors)

Chief Hut - 1000 wood - (everyone starts with one). The headquaters, diplomacy and such come from this place.

Exhange Hut - 400 wood - exhanges food and wood for tokens. (100 food and wood = 25 tokens, 1/4 exhange rate)

Bone Hut - 800 wood - Researches new things (costs tokens, you decide how mucht to spend on research)

Regular Hut - 60 tokens - for every 40 units you need a hut( you start with one)

Fortifications - 1200 wood - Defensive wall around your camp.

(more building available later)

Basic Military Units

-Melee-

Knifemen - 50 Tokens - lowest melee fighter, but quick. Excellent scouts.

Clubmen - 75 Tokens - Medium melee. Assualt units. Fast and durable

Spearmen - 90 Tokens - Medium melee/Ranged. Ability to build a Small Trench.

-Ranged-

Rock Throwers - 75 tokens

Slingers - 90 Tokens

Archers - 100 tokens

-Mounted-

Horsemen - 300 Tokens

This is all that is available to you right now, upgrades and special items will be available later in the game

Last edited by Ryon Jkar; 10 Jul 2004 at 00:24.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 22:33   #4
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

A starting post should look like this

Name:
Tribe name:
Tribe Appearence: (what do they dress like, look like, tribe flag)

(Units/buildings/Stuff bought)
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 22:44   #5
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Crazyboy
Appearance: Like the barbarian dude from Diablo II
Tribe Name: Keltz

Buildings:
Chief Hut
Regular Hut

Units:
Non-Military
5x Workers (500 Tokens)

Military
1x Horsemen (300 Tokens)
2x Clubmen (150 Tokens)
1x Knifemen (50 Tokens)

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 23:01   #6
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyboy
Name: Crazyboy
Appearance: Like the barbarian dude from Diablo II
Tribe Name: Keltz

Buildings:
Chief Hut
Regular Hut

Units:
Non-Military
5x Workers (500 Tokens)

Military
1x Horsemen (300 Tokens)
2x Clubmen (150 Tokens)
1x Knifemen (50 Tokens)

Not Approved... you need another hut... you have 45 guys.

Last edited by Ryon Jkar; 10 Jul 2004 at 00:27.
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 00:10   #7
blake

blake is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was 1 hut for every 40 men and crazyboy has 70 men and only 1 hut.

Name: Blake
Appearence: Tall, well muscled body. Rough blond hair and blue eyes.
Tribe name: The Ulzari
Tribe Appearence: Often tall, dark haired people. Their tribal banner consists of a crimson eagle upon a black background. Favouring black and red clothes and armour to make them appear more menacing. Often red dye is used as war paint or on shields/armour.

Buildings
Chief Hut (Free)
Regular Hut (Free)
Regular Hut (60)

Units

25x Workers (500)
10x Spearmen (180)
10x Archers (200)
5x Knifemen (50)

Total: 990
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 00:27   #8
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake
I thought it was 1 hut for every 40 men and crazyboy has 70 men and only 1 hut.

Name: Blake
Appearence: Tall, well muscled body. Rough blond hair and blue eyes.
Tribe name: The Ulzari
Tribe Appearence: Often tall, dark haired people. Their tribal banner consists of a crimson eagle upon a black background. Favouring black and red clothes and armour to make them appear more menacing. Often red dye is used as war paint or on shields/armour.

Buildings
Chief Hut (Free)
Regular Hut (Free)
Regular Hut (60)

Units

25x Workers (500)
10x Spearmen (180)
10x Archers (200)
5x Knifemen (50)

Total: 990
Approved
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 00:30   #9
blake

Oops I counted the workers as 10 each when I said 70..
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 01:04   #10
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Name: Zelif
Appearance: Tall, heavy-set but well-built. Premature, ragged white hair, staunch grey eyes. Well-made bearskin trousers, ceremonial tiger pelt draped over shoulders. Tribal markings and tattoos on back and chest, which fail to cover a long and vivid scar from neck to navel. Annointment scars on each cheek.
Tribe: The Kurgars
Tribe appearance:
Widely varied in shape, size and colourings; Distinctive blue spiral tattoos on back and chest signify warriors.

Buildings:

Chief Hut
HutHut
HutHut

Units:
25 Workers
10 Clubmen
10 Archers
5 Spearmen

[[1000-(60+500+150+200+90)=0]]
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 01:26   #11
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Name: Zelif
Appearance: Tall, heavy-set but well-built. Premature, ragged white hair, staunch grey eyes. Well-made bearskin trousers, ceremonial tiger pelt draped over shoulders. Tribal markings and tattoos on back and chest, which fail to cover a long and vivid scar from neck to navel. Annointment scars on each cheek.
Tribe: The Kurgars
Tribe appearance:
Widely varied in shape, size and colourings; Distinctive blue spiral tattoos on back and chest signify warriors.

Buildings:

Chief Hut
HutHut
HutHut

Units:
25 Workers
10 Clubmen
10 Archers
5 Spearmen

[[1000-(60+500+150+200+90)=0]]
Approved
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 11:56   #12
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Interested, post later.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 17:16   #13
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

definatly interested... what are the different tribes?

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 17:42   #14
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASME
definatly interested... what are the different tribes?
You make your own tribe, partner.

Last edited by Ryon Jkar; 10 Jul 2004 at 20:57.
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 20:38   #15
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

When you guys post for a turn.. it will be sort of like Planet wars.. put your tribe name.. then income... then your actions as a rp and I'll dm accordingly.

For example:

Crazyboy -

Income:
+ 125 wood
+ 125 food

Total Resources (after buying for this turn):
125 wood
125 food
0 Tokens

Buildings:
etc

Units: To make it easier... if you want to seperate your men... place them into Forces, (I.E

Force "thunder" :
1 spearmen, 1 horsemen

Actions Taken
Scout area with force one, . blah blah blah look for any nearby villages... I want good posts and rp though.

Last edited by Ryon Jkar; 10 Jul 2004 at 20:43.
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 20:44   #16
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

You can all go ahead and make your first post... no dachi.. when you decide to join just make your creation post and your starting post in the same.
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 20:51   #17
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

The Keltz

Income:
5 Workers
+ 125 Wood
+ 125 Food

Total Resources:
125 Wood
125 Food
15 Tokens

Buildings:
Chief Hut
2x Regular Hut

Units:
1x Horsemen (5 Men)
1x Clubmen (5 Men)
1x Knifemen (5 Men)

Force Raven:
1x Knifemen (5 Men)

Force Hawk:
1x Horsemen (5 Men)
1x Clubmen (5 Men)

Actions Taken:
- To come soon.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!

Last edited by Crazyboy; 10 Jul 2004 at 21:48.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 01:39   #18
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

Name: Koal Drak
Appearance: Rugged and darkly tanned man, wearing cured lizard skins and wielding a large flint spear known as the Dragons Tooth, the ceremonial symbol of power for the Drak tribe.
Tribe: Drak
Tribal Appearance: Dark skinned and haired warriors hailing from bleak and volcanic lands, wearing cured lizard skins as opposed to the normal pelts of most tribes, giving them a demonic or draconian look.

5 workers for 500 tokens (25 people)
1 Guard for 200 tokens (5 people)
1 archers for 100 tokens (5 people)
1 spearmen for 90 tokens (5 people)
1 knifemen for 50 tokens (5 people)
1 Hut for 40 (45/80)
20 token reserve

Buildigns:
Chief Hut
2 Huts

Units:
5 Workers
1 Guardman
1 Archer
1 Spearmen
1 Knifemen

Last edited by Killer-of-Lawye; 11 Jul 2004 at 02:51.
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 11:29   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

((KoL, huthuts cost 60. you have a 0 credit reserve.))

Income:
125 food
125 wood

Resources:
125 food
125 wood

Orders:
spearmen to dig defensive trenches around the village area. clubmen to establish a patrol shift. archers to exchange shifts of resting, practising, and supplementing the patrol.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 12:26   #20
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Name: Raog'Krall
Appearance: Intelligent looking, lightly tanned man wearing two pelts of the D'hord animal and carrying a septer of wood that is the cerimonial symol of the Krall tribe.
Tribe: Krall
Tribal Apperance: Lightly tanned stealth warriors, the Krall usually wear one pelt, only those in a position of power wear two or more pelts, and the most powerful of cheifs bears the mark of the Krall of the left side of his face.

25 Workers for 500 credits
15 knifemen for 150 credits
10 Spearmen for 180 credits
5 Archers for 100 credits
Reguar Hut for 60 credits
10 credits remaining

Day 1

Income
+125 wood
+125 food

Resources
125 wood
125 food
10 credits

Forces + Actions Taken

Force Alpha:
5*Knifemen - Head east to explore for possible vulnerable villages

Force Beta:
5*Knifemen - Head north to explore for possible vulnerable villages

Force Charlie:
5*Knifeman - Head west to explore possible vulnerable villages

Force Gamma:
5*Spearmen - construct small ditch around north east andwest sides of out village

Force Zulu:
5*Spearmen }
5*Archers } - Patrol around village and set up shifts for training sleeping eating and patroling

ooc- is it ok if there is a river to the south of my village? -ooc

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 12:49   #21
blake

/ Can we split units up? Such as split 5 knifemen into groups of 1 and send them to scout in different directions? /
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 20:58   #22
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake
/ Can we split units up? Such as split 5 knifemen into groups of 1 and send them to scout in different directions? /
Indeed you can. Although a single knifemen would discover a bit less working alone.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 20:59   #23
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-of-Lawye
Name: Koal Drak
Appearance: Rugged and darkly tanned man, wearing cured lizard skins and wielding a large flint spear known as the Dragons Tooth, the ceremonial symbol of power for the Drak tribe.
Tribal Appearance: Dark skinned and haired warriors hailing from bleak and volcanic lands, wearing cured lizard skins as opposed to the normal pelts of most tribes, giving them a demonic or draconian look.

5 workers for 500 tokens (25 people)
1 Guard for 200 tokens (5 people)
1 archers for 100 tokens (5 people)
1 spearmen for 90 tokens (5 people)
1 knifemen for 50 tokens (5 people)
1 Hut for 40 (45/80)
20 token reserve

Buildigns:
Chief Hut
2 Huts

Units:
5 Workers
1 Guardman
1 Archer
1 Spearmen
1 Knifemen
Accepted... make your starting post like crazyboy
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:01   #24
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASME
Name: Raog'Krall
Appearance: Intelligent looking, lightly tanned man wearing two pelts of the D'hord animal and carrying a septer of wood that is the cerimonial symol of the Krall tribe.
Tribe: Krall
Tribal Apperance: Lightly tanned stealth warriors, the Krall usually wear one pelt, only those in a position of power wear two or more pelts, and the most powerful of cheifs bears the mark of the Krall of the left side of his face.

25 Workers for 500 credits
15 knifemen for 150 credits
10 Spearmen for 180 credits
5 Archers for 100 credits
Reguar Hut for 60 credits
10 credits remaining

Day 1

Income
+125 wood
+125 food

Resources
125 wood
125 food
10 credits

Forces + Actions Taken

Force Alpha:
5*Knifemen - Head east to explore for possible vulnerable villages

Force Beta:
5*Knifemen - Head north to explore for possible vulnerable villages

Force Charlie:
5*Knifeman - Head west to explore possible vulnerable villages

Force Gamma:
5*Spearmen - construct small ditch around north east andwest sides of out village

Force Zulu:
5*Spearmen }
5*Archers } - Patrol around village and set up shifts for training sleeping eating and patroling

ooc- is it ok if there is a river to the south of my village? -ooc
Sure, that might make you an easier target toward the more waterbound tribes.. but why not.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:04   #25
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyboy
The Keltz

Income:
5 Workers
+ 125 Wood
+ 125 Food

Total Resources:
125 Wood
125 Food
15 Tokens

Buildings:
Chief Hut
2x Regular Hut

Units:
1x Horsemen (5 Men)
1x Clubmen (5 Men)
1x Knifemen (5 Men)

Force Raven:
1x Knifemen (5 Men)

Force Hawk:
1x Horsemen (5 Men)
1x Clubmen (5 Men)

Actions Taken:
- To come soon.
Waiting for your action orders.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:17   #26
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

The sun slowly rose above the horizon as Amon and the four men under his direction made their way out of the small Keltz village. They were heading west, with the sun on their backs, with orders to bring back information about the surrounding country. They were starting off heading a couple of miles from the village, heading initially west, then they would head around north, then east, back south and finally west again, covering the northern area around the village on this trip. They would then head back to the village and report to the Cheif what they had found.

Menwhile, Ahearn rode with his four men behind him, ahead of Amon. His task was the same as the knifeman's, but he was heading south, where the land was flatter, and had few trees. Where as in the north, there were small woods, which the knifemen would be better scouting. Ahearn also would cover more land then Amon and his Knifemen. Even though they were the quickest infantry, their speed was no match for Ahearn and his horses. He was tasked with covering twice as much distance as Amon and his knifemen.

Actions:
- 5x Knife Scouting around the Northern area of the village
- 5x Horsemen scouting around the southern area of the village

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:09   #27
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Crazyboy -

Your knfemen, upon changing direction toward the east find a small group of huts, no one is outside and they sensed no activity. There is the smell of danger there nonetheless, and your knifemen hurry to leave the area.

Your horsemen ride switly scanning the area like natural born eagles. Their eyes sharp and keen the flat landscape is hardly unexplored by them. During one of the small breaks, a bleeding man rushes from the woods to the group of horsemen screaming "Help me, my brother has gone crazy!!!!!"

Asme -

All forces find nothing except for force gamma. As they clear over a ridge what they see is quite disturbing. A group of men laying dead in a circle around a man, who is at the moment, laying in a fetal position screaming for his mother.
"Nalay! Naylay!"

Your ditch is a 1/4 of the way completed and your camp awareness has improved due to the patrols.

KoL -

Your defensive ditch is a 1/4 of the way completed. Defensive Awareness has also risen in your camp. Your archers, upon a patrol, coming upon a man, rushing at them with a big metallic object (if your people had ever seen a sword before that would call it that). Before the man could get within 30 yard he is taken out by several well placed arrows.

Phang-

Your defensive ditch is a 1/4 of the way completed. Defensive Awareness has also risen in your camp. No actitvity is detected at all from your camp patrols.

Blake -

Waiting for your action orders.

------------------------
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 01:46   #28
blake

/ Post as soon as I get up tommorow, I did a post then my internet buggered up and I lost it all and didnt feel like doing it all again while I felt tired. /
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 02:16   #29
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Buildings:Chief Hut
HutHut
HutHut

Income:

125 food
125 wood

Resources:
250 food
250 wood

Teams:

Trench-digging:
5 spearmen
Patrol/Sentries:
6 archers
4 clubmen

Scout teams:
Team 1
2 archers
3 clubmen
Team 2
2 archers
3 clubmen

Orders:
Trench-digging team: Continue to dig defensive trenches.
Patrol/Sentries: Continue patrols and combat drills
Team 1: Search for rivers, lakes, or large bodies of water. Also, keep watch for other settlements or individuals along the way.
Team 2: Establish a widening perimeter around the village, looking for other villages or individuals. Basically, scout the area.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 02:19   #30
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

question, by the way. Are things like guard towers going to be introduced, or do we build them of our own volition?

(in this context, i just mean 'a structure from where my archers can get a better shot')
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 03:26   #31
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

Date: Turn 2

Resource Income:
125 Wood
125 Food (When will we ever eat this resources?)
0 Tokens

Resources Avalable:
250 Wood
250 Food
0 Tokens

Construction:
None

Structures:
Cheif's Hut
2 Houseing Huts (45/80)

Units:
5 Workers
1 Guard
1 Archer
1 Spearmen
1 Knifemen

Orders: Spearmen continue digging a defenseive trench around the settlement. Archers and Knifemen go out and survey the area withing half a days walk around the village to make sure there isn't a camp of these strange men. Koal takes the sword and ites it along his cerimonial spear, and calls a feast hunt to celibrate his new prize. The night of the feast is filled with much dancing and feasting upon many beasts, while the cheife and his close friends (royalty precursers) feast upon a boar that was slain by the new sword tipped spear. It is seen as a good sign by the forces of the fire and earth.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 10:13   #32
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

On the seventh day, your tribe will consume half it's number in food. In Example: 10 people will eat 5 food. You will also be able to buy certain things from merchants and traveling stuff with food. It will become more significant in the future.

and there will be guard towers at a later date.. but not til someone gets himself a Bone Hut.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 10:19   #33
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Awards:

I will also be ranking everyone on reputation and such once a week to let you guys know where you stand and how well you are known throughout the countryside.

Crazyboy - Non-existant

Asme - Non-existant

KoL - Non-existant

Blake - Non-existant

Phang - Non-existant

ooc// I will also be gone the next two nights... so the next day will be posted on wednesday morning. ooc//
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 10:40   #34
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

The Keltz

Day 2

Income:
5 Workers
+ 125 Wood
+ 125 Food

Total Resources:
250 Wood
250 Food
15 Tokens

Buildings:
Chief Hut
2x Regular Hut

Units:
1x Horsemen (5 Men)
1x Clubmen (5 Men)
1x Knifemen (5 Men)

Force Raven:
1x Knifemen (5 Men)

Force Hawk:
1x Horsemen (5 Men)
1x Clubmen (5 Men)

Actions Taken:

Ahearn looked up from his small meal he was taking on this break, when he heard someone shouting. A man, with blood running out of several cuts on his body, was running towards the five horsemen. Ahearn quickly got up and ran over to the man.

"Calm down. Calm down! Now tell. What's happened? What's your brother doing?"

While he was doing this, the other four horsemen quickly started getting themselves ready for a possible fight. The food was packed quickly and horses were mounted. The four grabbed their weapons (which are?) and waited for their orders, while Ahearn got information out of the bleeding man.

- - - - - -

Amon looked around the few huts. There was no one around. There was no activity. There was something wrong here. He quickly ordered his men out of the area, and they quickly vacated the area. This place would need further investigation. Amon ordered one of the knifemen to hurry back to the village, to carry word of this place, while he and the other three done more scouting in the northern area of the village.

- - - - - -

- Ahearn to find out what happened to the bleeding man and what they can do to help.
- Amon to continue scouting.
- 5 Clubmen to patrol around the perimiter of the village.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 10:44   #35
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

/is it too late to join, if not then/

Name: Triolus Harbinger
Appearance: Tall and thin with black hair and dark brown eyes, he tends to dress all in black with a long cape. He normally carries 2 flint knoves, each with a different pattern in the hilt, which are kept in na belt around his waist
Tribe: Hrunians
Tribal Apprearance: Moslty tall and very muscular, with dark hair and eyes, the clan markings (two intertwined serpents) are branded onto their chests once they reach the age of 15, wariors are sigified by a pattern of red dye on the arms.

5 workers: 500 25
1 guard: 200 5
1 spearmen: 90 5
1 archers: 100 5
1 knifemen: 50 5
1 hut: 60 0
total: 1000 45/80

Buildings:
1 chief hut
2 hut

units:
25 workers
5 guards
5 spearmen
5 archers
5 knifemen
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:43   #36
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Flaag-
Nope it's not too late... just post a work order...

Blake-
if you don't post by the time I am back... there will be serious consequences...
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 14:37   #37
blake

Kai (Changing my guys name to Kai Ulzari if thas ok) stepped out of his tent, he was dressed in the usual blackened skin loin cloth. He was greeted by one of his warriors, Ulfa. (Not sure if this conversation is a little too advanced for this)

Ulfa: "What is your bidding today?"

Kai: "Send out the scouts, tell them to look for settlements and any thing else that might interest us. And the guards to continue patrolling and training, we need them fit for when we do battle!"

Ulfa nodded and left to do his lords' wishes, a slight smile on his face from the mention of battle.

Kai then proceeded to the ashes of the fire which had burnt (Also, I hope fire isnt too much?) so brightly in the night. It was early morning and alot of the men were just arising, already the hunters were leaving to do the daily hunt and the remaining workers were leaving to collect wood. Kai encounted a small group of spearmen at the corpse of the fire, eating some of the left over food from the night before. They stood as they noticied him and bowed their heads as a sign of respect and then sat down again, offering soem food to their chieften. Accepting the food he sat down on a log and ate, it was unusual for someone of such high authority to eat with his men.

Kai: "Can you dig a trench about the camp?"

One of the spearmen nodded, some others did after.

Kai: "Then get started once you have eaten!"

The spearmen nodded and those that had finished their meals set to work. The rest conitnued to eat and as Kai looked around the camp again he spotted Ulfa sending off the knifemen out of the camp to scout, their knives clearly hung from a primitive shealth hanging from their loin cloth. They moved off as one, at a steady jog. Ulfa came over to Kai once again, bowing his head and saying 'it' was done.

Income:
+ 125 wood
+ 125 food

125 wood
125 food
10 Tokens

Buildings:
Chief Hut
Regular Hut
Regular Hut

Units:

Scouts
5 Knifemen

Guard
10 Archers
10 Spearmen

Actions Taken
The scouts are to scout the general area around the camp, they should be looking for defensive positions, signs of settlements and anything else of note. The guard will take turn doing sentry duty, patrolling the imidiate area around the camp and training with each other to stay fit and alert. Spearmen to dig a trench around the camp.

Sorry I didnt post earlier.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:22   #38
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

Hrunians

Income:
+125 wood
+125 food
+0tokens

Total resources
125 wood
125 food
0tokens

units:
25 workers
5 guards
5 spearmen
5 archers
5 knifemen

Orders
Spearmen will dig a ditch around the camp, leaving a gap approx 5m wide in the middle of the north side, the earth dug out of the ditch will be piled up on the inside, to form a temporary wall. any natural defences (rivers, cliffs, ect.) will be incorperated into this, if there is a river the ditch should stop 1m away, however the walls should continue as far as possible
The guards will patrol around the camp during this work, but will not patrol the completed areas of ditch
The knifemen will split up, one will go north, one east, one south and one west, the other will explore in an outwards spiral from the camp, each will be supported by an archer
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:17   #39
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: Room for another?

Name: Ragnar t'Car
Appearance: A strong young man much like his father before him and a gifted huntsman. At 6'7" in height, Ragnar is unusually tall for his tribe and this tends to make those around him a little more wary of their actions. He is often dismissed as a mindless brute by visiting traders at first from a distance but all it takes in a good look at those keen brown eyes normaly hiden behind the brown, shoulder length hair to see the spark of intelligence behind them.

Tribe: The Gomads

Tribe description: Cold, hard people often baring marks of past wanderings. The tribe does not place much value in useless possessions, with the three most cherished things to a Gomad being his hunting spear, his bow and his horse if he is priviledged enough to be responsible for one. As a result there is very little in the way of ceremonial markings, body decorations, etc to be found in this utilitarian tribe. General appearance is a bronze to coppery complexion, average height and build with dark hair and eyes. Warriors often mark themselves with wet charcoal to symbolise their status.

Buildings:
- Chief Hut
- Regular Hut

Units:
Peasants
- 1 Workgroup (5 men) - 100tks

Warriors
- 3 Horseman Units (15 men) - 900 tks

----------------------------------------
Day 1

Income:
1 Workgroup (5 men)
+ 25 Wood
+ 25 Food

Total Resources:
25 Wood
25 Food

Buildings:
Chief Hut
Regular Hut

Warrior Units:
3 Horse Warbands (15 men)

Actions Taken:
- As soon as camp is setup, Hewitt orders two seperate groups of five horsemen each to explore as much of the wilderness as possible until sundown when they are due to return.
- Remaining five horsemen are given the duty of patroling the surrounding tribal lands.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:38   #40
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

ooc/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
but all it takes in a good look at those keen brown eyes normaly hiden behind the brown, shoulder length hair to see the spark of intelligence behind them.
of the hair normally covers his eyes how does he see?
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:38   #41
ASME
DarkStar

ooc- force gamma are constructing a ditch, do you mean to say that there is a village in close proximity to mine? or didi you mean either forces alpha, beta or charlie? oh and do units move a set amount each day? if so it would be asier for me to create a map of what i have explored for example the distance moved in 1 day by a knifeman = 1 unit on a map? a spearman = 1/2 a unit? horseman = 3 units on a map? just an idea...also nothing can be built on a river tile..(a tile is a 1unit * 1 unit space) ie a river is always 1 unit across (streams are a lot smaller so wouldnt stop construction) all this is just an idea...-ooc

The Krall

Day 2

Income
+125 wood
+125 food

Resources (after buying)
250 wood
250 food
10 credits

Forces + Actions Taken

Force Alpha:
5*Knifemen - Continue heading east to explore for possible vulnerable villages

Force Beta:
5*Knifemen - Continue heading north to explore for possible vulnerable villages

Force Charlie:
5*Knifeman - Approches the boy with theil spears in a ready position checking for any remaining hostiles..

Force Gamma:

Force Zulu:
5*Spearmen }

Unread 14 Jul 2004, 11:21   #42
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

No more joiners!

Day 2

All -
Asme seems to be obessed with technical stuff... but I am going against his idea... what you discover and how much land you explore is based soley on how I feel at the moment.. sure.. horsemen might move faster than normal men... but I might FEEL like breaking one of their legs... if any of you have any more ideas on how I can DM my thread... I'll smite you... muhahaha

and stop being so technical in building your trenches and such... when it's finished... add it to your building list and if someone attacks you I'll account for it. Period. Got it?

Crazyboy-
(AT THE MOMENT.. basic horsement are armed with spears...)

Before the bleeding man could even speak, he is interrupted by a man near the treeline his brother just ran from. He is accompanied with several other men. All with bloody spears and horses.

"Norlan!!!!!! Get back here" The brother roared while holding up some young girls decapitated head by the hair.

The young man bursts into tears and starts hysterically screaming. "No!!!" He looks back to your horsemen with pleading eyes and whispers "help meeee.. please"

Amon and his men climb over a ridge and spot a small village. They can't tell who or what they are of, but the village looks much like your own. The men notice a bright tribal banner of an eagle with crimson and a row of at least ten archers.

KoL - .

Your feast is massive and improves moral to every tribe member. Everyone is walking with smiles on thier faces and with little worries to burden them, they simply refuse to work that much because they feel like it should be a day of pleasure.

Your spearmen keep building the trench, however, little is acomplished because of the feast and they are still in the mood to enjoy life without work. Good thing it was only a day long feast.

Phang -

A lone rider emerges from the tree line and demands to speak to your chief at the chief hut. He is dressed in black and has paint on his face depicting a black arrow on his right cheek. His eyes are steel gray and they demand authority in such a way that a boulder would move if he commanded it to.

Your trench diggers work hard throughout the day. A feeling of acomplishment fills through the team as they near the 3/4 mark in thier job.

Your patrol and sentrie practices cause the defensive capabilities of the tribe to exceed standards and are ready for basically anything.

Flaag -

Your spearmen proceed as ordered building the trench quickly, they are so effiicient three thirds of it is finished in the first day. There are no rivers, or natural borders except for a large group of trees to your south.

The exploration parties all explore off into the woods covering much ground. The party traveling east runs into a small tribe of dark colored men who like to throw rocks. The greet your party with kindness and offer your group a nice dinner.

The party going west find themselves cornered by a huge beast. Similar to a polar bear but x 3. The surround tribes call them Vengas. There are a few about but they are harder than hades to kill. Your archer and knifemen prepare themselves either for making a run for the nearest tree or to fight it off.

Blake -

Your patrols find nothing.

Your spearmen start the trench and find something strange. It seems to be a shovel-like object without a handle. One of the spearmen seem to have an idea that they could use it to help build the trench faster. Which they do. The trench is completed that day.

Hewitt -

Both teams of horsemen find tracks of many men crossing. Perhaps scouting parties of local tribes or even a passing war party. They discover several small huts but mostly abandoned and rotting away. One of the parties find a small river that seems to run deeper into the woods. By happenstance one of the riders sees a deer pelt float past him as he let his horse drink. He quickly speaks up.

"I just say a deer pelt, there might be more tribes up the river!" He yelled to the lead rider.

Asme -

Charlie discoveres them.

As the men approach the boy, he stops screamin the words "Naylay". As they get even closer the boy somehow from the fetal position he was in, Throws himself into the air and lands on his feet. He looks at the men with a deadly glare. His eyes grow black and he whispers something like "I am going to kill you". Your men hardly make out the words before they notice a small patch of a reddish rash on the boys neck.

Last edited by Ryon Jkar; 14 Jul 2004 at 11:27.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 11:55   #43
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

The Keltz

Day 3

Income:
5 Workers
+ 125 Wood
+ 125 Food

Total Resources:
375 Wood
375 Food
15 Tokens

Buildings:
Chief Hut
2x Regular Hut

Units:
1x Horsemen (5 Men)
1x Clubmen (5 Men)
1x Knifemen (5 Men)

Force Raven:
1x Knifemen (5 Men)

Force Hawk:
1x Horsemen (5 Men)
1x Clubmen (5 Men)

Actions Taken:

Ahearn stopped, and looked on in shock as he saw the man who was this "Norlan's" brother hold up the head of a young girl. He slowly started to back away from them woods. He turned to his men.

"Looks like we're going to have a fight here. Prepare yourself. Let them get out of the woods before we do anything."

Ahearn looked at the bleeding man.

"Get behind us. If you want our help, get behind us."

Ahearn kept his eyes on the men that had appeared from the trees. He picked up his spear and handed it to one of his already mounted men, and mounted his own horse, before taking back his spear.

"We wait for them to make the first move."

- - - - - - - - - -

Amon slowly climbed up to the top of the ridge. He and his men had been heading this way for the better part of the morning and found little. Now he had found something rather intresting. Another village. And this one was inhabited. He looked over the village. There was a large banner, crimson with an eagle on it. There was also a number of archers. Amon considered the possiblities. Here could be a friend. But there was also a risk of this being an enemy. He watched the village, as he thought over what to do.

"Alright men. We're going down into the village. Don't draw your weapons and don't act hostile. We'll head over there and hopefully they won't shoot us"

Amon then headed towards the village, to speak with their cheif, and hopefully not get shot.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 13:50   #44
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Buildings:
Chief Hut
HutHut
HutHut

Income:

125 food
125 wood

Resources:
375 food
375 wood

Teams:

Trench-digging:
5 spearmen
Patrol/Sentries:
6 archers
4 clubmen

Scout teams:
Team 1
2 archers
3 clubmen
Team 2
2 archers
3 clubmen

Orders:
Trench-digging team: Continue to dig defensive trenches. When current trench is finished, being work on a second layer of trenches.
Patrol/Sentries: Continue patrols and combat drills
Team 1: Continue in search for rivers, lakes, or large bodies of water. Also, keep watch for other settlements or individuals along the way.
Team 2: Continue to expand the widening perimeter around the village, looking for other villages or individuals. Basically, scout the area.

Nodding at the man in black, Zelif invites him into the Chief Hut, and instructs one of his underlings to prepare some food and wine. Having done so, he spoke to the newcomer.
"Now then, my good sir. Might I be so bold as to enquire what your business here would be?"

Last edited by Phang; 14 Jul 2004 at 14:07.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 14:23   #45
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryon Jkar
flaag-

Your spearmen proceed as ordered building the trench quickly, they are so effiicient three thirds of it is finished in the first day. There are no rivers, or natural borders except for a large group of trees to your south.

The exploration parties all explore off into the woods covering much ground. The party traveling east runs into a small tribe of dark colored men who like to throw rocks. The greet your party with kindness and offer your group a nice dinner.

The party going west find themselves cornered by a huge beast. Similar to a polar bear but x 3. The surround tribes call them Vengas. There are a few about but they are harder than hades to kill. Your archer and knifemen prepare themselves either for making a run for the nearest tree or to fight it off.
/ooc/ errm... three thirds?? /ooc/

Hrunians

Income:

+125 wood
+125 food
+0tokens

Total resources
250 wood
250 food
0tokens

units:
25 workers
5 guards
5 spearmen
5 archers
5 knifemen

A little bit of RP:

A smal messenger boy rushed into the hut, stopping to do a low bow to each of the men seated at the high table"
"Sir, our men have found a tribe to the east, what are your orders?"
Triolus looked suprised by this news, he had not been expecting to find any other people for atlest a week, this could interfere with his plans for the tribe.
"Do they seem friendly?"
"Yes sir, they have invited our men to a feast"
Triolus gave a sly grin. "Well, of course our men must accept the invitation, but make sure they stay on thier guard, we cannot afford losses this early on"
"Very good sir"
The messenger boy left, a few of the ministers started to murmur among themselves for a few minutes, until their leader caled them to silence.
"Gentlemen, this news may cause us to change our plans slightly, however we cannot afford to fight these people yet, we must keep our relationship peaceful, for now at least."

Orders

The uninterrupted explorers keep on exploring, the party going east accept the dinner, but avoid getting drunk (if the tribe has discoverd alcahol), the party going west run away.
The spearmen, if they have finished digging, make ditches infront of the entrance to force attackers to come in a zig-zag pattern, if they have not they continue digging.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 18:26   #46
blake

/ Im presuming that crimson eagle banner is mine. /

The encampment was how it usualy was, men moving about in their daily routines. Several spearmen were training against each other with blunt shafts, not too far from them two archers were shooting arrows at a log with carvings on, a fairly basic target. the rest were just watching or doing some job. One of the spearmen was examining the shovel like object more intently, seeing if he could improve upon it or use it for other things. Kai stood watching his spearmen while talking to Ulfa.

Kai: "It is good that they are keeping fit."

Ulfa: "Indeed my lord."

Kai: "Any word from the scouts?"

Shaking his head he replied: "They have found nothing of note or value yet."

Nodding slightly Kai reviewed his warriors once more.

Kai: "Tell them to continue looking, there must be something."

Ulfa nodded his acknowledgment.

Across the other side of the camp two archers notched their arrows and aimed at the intruders, while another went to warn the camp, his bow in hand as he moved swiftly down the slope, calling out to a group of four spearmen standing guard. They moved up the slope with spears in hand to meet him. The spearmen moved to the intruders while the archer left to tell the chief. When they reached them it was apparant that the archers had caught them off guard from behind and had held them there while the third had gone for assistance.

Archer: "Put down your weapons and state your business."

By now the spearmen had surrounded them, spears leveled in their directions.

Income:
+ 125 wood
+ 125 food

250 wood
250 food
10 Tokens

Buildings:
Chief Hut
Regular Hut
Regular Hut
Trench

Units:

Scouts
5 Knifemen

Guard
10 Archers
10 Spearmen

Actions Taken
Scouts are to continue to search around. Spearmen and archers are to keep patrolling the explored areas around the camp and to look out for anything suspious and to continue honing their fighting skills. Spearmen and archers holding the intruders at bay are not to attack unless attacked first, they shall wait for the intruders to speak or Ulfa or Kai come to investigate.

Last edited by blake; 14 Jul 2004 at 21:57.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 19:17   #47
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Date: Turn 3

Resource Income:
125 Wood
125 Food
0 Tokens

Resources Avalable:
375 Wood
375 Food
0 Tokens

Construction:
None

Structures:
Cheif's Hut
2 Houseing Huts (45/80)

Units:
5 Workers
1 Guard
1 Archer
1 Spearmen
1 Knifemen

Orders: Continuation of the trench. Knifemen and Archers move out for a half a days journey to explore and scout the area, bringing back word of anything they find. (The area is a volcanic area next to a plains.)

Chief Drak surveyed his little empire with pride. They were good people, a prosperious people, and they will do well in the world. He decides that with a lot of his people gone, that he should do some training with his guardsmen, so he begins training them against himself with his new spear/sword.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 20:04   #48
ASME
DarkStar

The Krall

Day 3

Income
+125 wood
+125 food

Resources (Before construction)
375 wood
375 food
10 credits

Forces + Actions Taken

Force Alpha:
5*Knifemen - Continue heading east to explore for possible vulnerable villages

Force Beta:
5*Knifemen - Continue heading north to explore for possible vulnerable villages

Force Charlie:
5*Knifeman - as follows

Grugh'Krall: Take another step and oull regret it..
All the knifemen get their knifes in a throwing position...

Grugh'Krall: What happened here, NO dont move, i am warning you... what happened first....?

Force Gamma:
5*Spearmen - continues constructiong small ditch around north east andwest sides out of village

Force Zulu:
5*Spearmen }
5*Archers } - Patrol around village and continue with set shifts

Unread 14 Jul 2004, 21:14   #49
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaag
/ooc/ errm... three thirds?? /ooc/

Hrunians

Income:

+125 wood
+125 food
+0tokens

Total resources
250 wood
250 food
0tokens

units:
25 workers
5 guards
5 spearmen
5 archers
5 knifemen

A little bit of RP:

A smal messenger boy rushed into the hut, stopping to do a low bow to each of the men seated at the high table"
"Sir, our men have found a tribe to the east, what are your orders?"
Triolus looked suprised by this news, he had not been expecting to find any other people for atlest a week, this could interfere with his plans for the tribe.
"Do they seem friendly?"
"Yes sir, they have invited our men to a feast"
Triolus gave a sly grin. "Well, of course our men must accept the invitation, but make sure they stay on thier guard, we cannot afford losses this early on"
"Very good sir"
The messenger boy left, a few of the ministers started to murmur among themselves for a few minutes, until their leader caled them to silence.
"Gentlemen, this news may cause us to change our plans slightly, however we cannot afford to fight these people yet, we must keep our relationship peaceful, for now at least."

Orders

The uninterrupted explorers keep on exploring, the party going east accept the dinner, but avoid getting drunk (if the tribe has discoverd alcahol), the party going west run away.
The spearmen, if they have finished digging, make ditches infront of the entrance to force attackers to come in a zig-zag pattern, if they have not they continue digging.

Three fourths... so I was tired.. don't correct me.. LoL..
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 23:26   #50
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryon Jkar
Three fourths... so I was tired.. don't correct me.. LoL..
[boatnote]they're called quarters