User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Oct 2002, 04:13   #1
obi1one
pe0n

obi1one is an unknown quantity at this point
Paying customers skrewed over (surprise?)

So im in a top gal with one of the planets closed for account sharing. Actually 2. This means that my gal will drop about 25% of its score in 18 hours.
If they cheated, sure something needs to be done. But with these small gals, deletions make a huge impact on score. Also, since its randoms, its not liek we had any chance to choose gal m8s we knoew wouldnt cheat. So my round is probably going to go down in flames very shortly. Doubtful anyone cares, but I think it really sux0rz that my round s being ruined and none of what happened was anything i could have changed...
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 05:06   #2
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Er...so you're actually supporting keeping known cheaters open? Especially seeing how hard it is to get PA to delete one in the first place?

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 07:08   #3
Hardrada

I ts tough I know, but whats tougher, depriving 8 people (in the gal) of 2 planets or forcing the other 6k planets to have to compete with cheats.......
There realy are no winners in cases like this
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 07:45   #4
Demented Turnip
Lord of the Roots

Demented Turnip is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardrada
I ts tough I know, but whats tougher, depriving 8 people (in the gal) of 2 planets or forcing the other 6k planets to have to compete with cheats.......
There realy are no winners in cases like this
Weekly reshuffle!
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 08:24   #5
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
A solution would be the possibility of free exile on planets under investigation. If you believe that they are innocent you won't exile them anyways to get a newby back and if you know they are really cheating you can just exile them out for free.

Are we talking #1 gal here ???

Paste from universe page:
1 RE-OPEN SICK 26:x 73.313.000

hAl

Last edited by hAl; 27 Oct 2002 at 08:47.
hAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 09:22   #6
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
they are suspected to be cheating, therefore they are closed. maybe therefore they have become so huge. wouldnt you think your gal wouldve been so #1 if they hadnt been cheating?

cheers, cheaters out
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 10:05   #7
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by fiddler123b
cheers, cheaters out
Indeed !!!

But the original poster does not protest the closure but the effect on the gal for they cannot remove the offending planets themselfs.

hAl
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 13:26   #8
Aziraphale

Re: Paying customers skrewed over (surprise?)

Quote:
Originally posted by obi1one
So im in a top gal with one of the planets closed for account sharing. Actually 2. This means that my gal will drop about 25% of its score in 18 hours.
If they cheated, sure something needs to be done. But with these small gals, deletions make a huge impact on score. Also, since its randoms, its not liek we had any chance to choose gal m8s we knoew wouldnt cheat. So my round is probably going to go down in flames very shortly. Doubtful anyone cares, but I think it really sux0rz that my round s being ruined and none of what happened was anything i could have changed...
you had a responsibility to make sure you werent co operating with cheaters inside your gal.

if you failed then bo ho on you. its all in the obvious game plan, DOLT!
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 13:50   #9
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Paying customers skrewed over (surprise?)

Quote:
rofl...loosing 25% gal score! Who cares? Its random fs
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 15:08   #10
Telest
Agitator

Telest is an unknown quantity at this point
well, you are still better off than those who had two newbies in those slots to start off with, aye?
Telest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 16:11   #11
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
What is this world coming to when we have IPC members supporting cheaters
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 16:17   #12
Norsemaniac

IPC are all fags anyway =)

mwahmwahmwah
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 20:51   #13
obi1one
pe0n

obi1one is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not in the #1 gal. I am not saying that cheating should be allowed to stay. I think that the decision to make account sharing against the rules seems a bit off, btu those are the rules and I abide by them and support them. 1 of the planets that is closed in my gal was reported by us for giving his acount away. We arent supporting cheaters, believe me.
All I am saying is that i am being skrewed over by soemone suposedly having their logon and password stored on an alliance server or something along those lines. That is not something that i could have done anything about. Furthermore, whenever i saw the person in question online on PA, he was active in our IRC channel. Im not arguing his innocence, jsut saying there was no way my gal could have even suspected cheating. I dont know what a good solution would be, I just know that this is not a fair situaiton for those of us in the gal who are honest players and played by the rules.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 03:16   #14
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
And here is

My post on the same matter (same gal)
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 03:31   #15
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Norsemaniac
IPC are all fags anyway =)

mwahmwahmwah

i guess, that this reply ain´t related noway with this thread.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 12:48   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
I am not in the #1 gal. I am not saying that cheating should be allowed to stay. I think that the decision to make account sharing against the rules seems a bit off, btu those are the rules and I abide by them and support them. 1 of the planets that is closed in my gal was reported by us for giving his acount away. We arent supporting cheaters, believe me.
All I am saying is that i am being skrewed over by soemone suposedly having their logon and password stored on an alliance server or something along those lines. That is not something that i could have done anything about. Furthermore, whenever i saw the person in question online on PA, he was active in our IRC channel. Im not arguing his innocence, jsut saying there was no way my gal could have even suspected cheating. I dont know what a good solution would be, I just know that this is not a fair situaiton for those of us in the gal who are honest players and played by the rules.
ACCOUNT SHARING Has ALWAYS been agaisnt the rules. Its not FS 'screwing' you over but the guy whos cheated. And you say your all "honest players and played by the rules" but I would argue that your not. Ok you didnt know about the cheating BUT no matter if EVERYONE else really didnt know about it you still were involved in the cheating as you benifited in one way or the other so in a way this punishment on all the galaxy is fair
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 14:52   #17
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Are you crazy Wakey?

1. We both lost 5% income bonus until now. Without them I'm GC and Obi's minister, with them I was a minister and obi a normal planet.

2. 2 or 3 of the cheaters attacked my alliance causing my galaxy to lose arbiter protection and both me and Obi to get incoming from people that would otherwise not have attacked us.

3. There are now only 4 other players to watch over us, instead of 8.

You are right that when there is a cheater in your galaxy you do in some way benefit from having him there and that benefiting from a cheater soils your achievement. I do not want to have anything to do with cheaters so as I wrote in my other thread, I reported one of them myself with solid evidence as soon as I had it and he was closed 1h later.

To say that we deserve what we got is unfair to say the least, noone deserves landing in a galaxy with 4 cheaters and having their achievements soiled by the bad taste they leave.

Clearly the cheaters 'screwed us over' as you so tastelessly put it, however Fifth Season aren't exactly doing their best to make our further gaming eperience worthwhile. I want those closed planets out of the galaxy and new ones in the galaxy ASAP.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 16:48   #18
wakey
Hamster

Where are you expecting these replacements to come from?

And ok maybe i didnt put that too well basically what I ment is by benifiting from the cheats you do deserve a small limited handicape to even things up a bit which is what the removal of these people does
The Farnborough Crew

Last edited by wakey; 28 Oct 2002 at 16:58.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 16:49   #19
StreeTMouseY
Critter Extraordinare

StreeTMouseY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Demented Turnip

Weekly reshuffle!
i just fell in love with this idea \o/

MouseH

R3 - StreeTMouse of TheBigCheese - N00b
R4 - MiMiC of Terra Mistica - Legion
R5 - Mouse fatalle of CheeseLand -Xanadu
R6 - State of Mind - Critters, Legion
R7 - Property of |Queen-Doris| - Critters
R8 - Expect company of Hidden Hostile ships - Critters & OuZo (o)
StreeTMouseY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 18:06   #20
HOPupNdown
Last of the plushies

HOPupNdown is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Weekly reshuffle!
rofl , could be amusing
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 18:26   #21
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Weekly reshuffle!
Shush! Fifth Season has a tendency to take the most ridiculous ideas and implement them.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 18:36   #22
hefty

hefty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus

Shush! Fifth Season has a tendency to take the most ridiculous ideas and implement them.
what's so ridiculous bout that?!

- HeftySmurf
hefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 18:46   #23
Ulysses
Impudent

Ulysses is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to be absolutely 100% clear about who has been closed.

Last edited by wakey; 29 Oct 2002 at 12:24.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 09:25   #24
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Quote:
Originally posted by Ulysses
Just to be absolutely 100% clear about who has been closed.

Firstly this isn't about xx:xx, this is about xx:xx.
Secondly, if you intend to break forum rules by posting coords at least have the decency to post the coords in the standard format so they're easier to moderate.

Last edited by wakey; 29 Oct 2002 at 13:03.
Chax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 13:04   #25
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Chax

Firstly this isn't about xx:xx, this is about xx:xx.
Secondly, if you intend to break forum rules by posting coords at least have the decency to post the coords in the standard format so they're easier to moderate.
So you just repeat his post and then add some coords of yourselfs. That really helps !!!

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 16:49   #26
Chax
Pepsi bottle

I think it does..

Maybe my post with coords in the correct format drew wakey's attention enabling him to edit both away?
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 22:38   #27
whoop
The [Fury] of the [z0r]

whoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Do me a favour.

Calculate how many hours you have played PA, vs. the $ you have spent, and tell me if you can honestly say you have been screwed.

Remember that the function of a game is to entertain you. The game is not required to make you #1, or even give you a shot at being #1, but to ENTERTAIN you for a while.

I paid $50 for wc3, and I think I have played maybe 10 total hours on it. AND gotten owned on BNET. I paid $60 for Age Of Empires II and played it for one day.

Do I go on blizzard/microsoft boards and whinge about being "skrewed" ?

No.

Why ? Because the game did what its supposed to - it entertained me for a while. Perhaps not as much as it should, given the price, but it did entertain me.

I suggest you revise your expectations to something a little more in tune with reality, and you'll find that PA is probably the best entertainment value out there.

I really wish I understood all you people going "waaaaa, booo hoooo, my game got ruined, I can't be number one in the universe, waaaaaaaaaaaa".

Do you play soccer, tennis, chess, swim, ski, snowboard, piano, guitar, ANYTHING ? I'm pretty sure that you can't be the best in the world at any of those things, so therefore by your stupid logic those are not worth doing either right ?

Compete against your galmates, your friend from last round, your brother, your alliancemantes, but jesus h. christ, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE WINNER, and guess what - it probably won't be you.

-whoop
<@whoop> I know

#milo
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 23:00   #28
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
the cheaters wouldnt have gotten so big without cheating, so your rank is a lie anyways, dont get pissy for dropping 25% score. because it should have never been there to begin with