User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Nov 2004, 20:38   #1
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
They forgot my birthday. How to take advantage of the situation.

So I'm a student and I live together with 7 other students (I don't know how you call that in your silly language. Anyway, thats not the point).

At the start of the school year, someone made a paper with all birthdays written on it and taped it to the kitchen door. Everyone was delighted my birthday was so soon and they would all be eating cake and shit.
Well, today is my 18th birthday, I didn't care enough to tell anyone and noone remembered either. I don't really care because I forget birthdays on a regular basis, but as always, I want to take advantage from the situation.

Obviously, sometime during the following weeks, someone will look at that stupid paper and see they missed my birthday. Then I think there are two possibilities:

* They are angry with me because I didn't remind them and didn't get cake and stuff. I don't really expect this to happen because the "landlord" (thats the right word, right) would have taken care of organising a party (He must have forgotten too).

* They will feel guilty about all forgetting this "special day in my life". This is where I should be able to take advantage, but I'm still wondering how I should react to this when the time comes so everyone will feel sorry for me and buy me stuff!

whaddayathink?
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 20:41   #2
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: They forgot my birthday. How to take advantage of the situation.

Or:

* they wont give two shits as missing it has saved them money.

Seriously tho, the guilt trip is the way forward.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 20:49   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Or:

* They say something like "Oh, I forgot your birthday... happy birthday still! When's the party?" and walk away.
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 20:52   #4
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
So I'm a student and I live together with 7 other students (I don't know how you call that in your silly language).
Squatting.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 20:54   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
squat

Pronunciation: (skwot), [key]
—v., squat•ted or squat, squat•ting,
—adj., squat•ter, squat•test,
—n.

—v.i.
1. to sit in a low or crouching position with the legs drawn up closely beneath or in front of the body; sit on one's haunches or heels.
2. to crouch down or cower, as an animal.
3. to settle on or occupy property, esp. otherwise unoccupied property, without any title, right, or payment of rent.
4. to settle on public land under government regulation, in order to acquire title.
5. Naut.(of a vessel, esp. a power vessel) to draw more water astern when in motion forward than when at rest.
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 06:55   #6
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Tell em to buy some cases of beer and get everyone drunk.
I see no flaws...
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 09:28   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's your 18th and you're going to let it go by just so you can gloat and make them feel guilty later? What...

Why dont you point out it's your birthday, go out tonight and get drunk, and pass out hugging a toilet? It's the English way! And you should try to be more English.
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 13:17   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im not particularly for the whole 'trying to be english' thing.

HOWEVER... if any of my housemates forgot my birthday id be very very pissed off at them. And you should be too.

also it wouldnt happen, for one thing id be reminding them beforehand to ensure presentage
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 13:33   #9
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
im not particularly for the whole 'trying to be english' thing.

HOWEVER... if any of my housemates forgot my birthday id be very very pissed off at them. And you should be too.

also it wouldnt happen, for one thing id be reminding them beforehand to ensure presentage

Presentage? The extent of the presents that everyone I know buys each other is a pint while out that night.
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 13:49   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I don't really expect this to happen because the "landlord" (thats the right word, right) would have taken care of organising a party (He must have forgotten too).
Your landlord organises parties for you? :eek:

We just get told off for making a mess.
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 14:10   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Presentage? The extent of the presents that everyone I know buys each other is a pint while out that night.
Yeah, ditto. If it's your birthday you shouldn't pay for any drinks, as everyone else is supposed to buy them for you. And in return, you buy drinks for them on their birthdays. Girls tend to buy presents, but not blokes.
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 14:17   #12
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd laugh in the face of a friend who got annoyed at me for forgetting their birthday, hopefully your flatmates will do the same to you.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 14:42   #13
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Your landlord organises parties for you? :eek:

We just get told off for making a mess.
maybe the word "party" doesn' fit here, I mean a table, some chairs and a pie.
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 18:56   #14
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
maybe the word "party" doesn' fit here, I mean a table, some chairs and a pie.
that's a pie eating contest, hon
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 19:23   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So I'm a student and I live together with 7 other students (I don't know how you call that in your silly language. ).
"London"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 20:06   #16
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
"London"
Depends if the 'house' they were lving in was actually a cardboard box. They're living in a box, they're living in...

...a cardboard box
Am I living in a box
Am I living in a cardboard box
Am I living in a box

Life goes in circles
Around and around circulation
I sometimes wonder
What's moving underground
I'm escaping
I've found a way ...
I've found a way ...

Am I living in a box (living)
Am I living am I living am I living
Am I living am I living am I living

(In a box)

Am I living am I living
Am I living in cardboard box
Am I living in a box
Am I living am I living
Am I living in a box

Unread 19 Nov 2004, 20:32   #17
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I always thought it was "I am" not "Am I"
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 20:48   #18
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

You thought wrong