User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Nov 2005, 21:27   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
[Phones]Which phone should I get?

So it's time for another bi-monthly mobile phone thread. I'm trying to decide which phone i want and would really appreciate some advice. I can either get the Nokia 6680 for £20 on an O2 online contract now, or i can wait for an indefinate amount of time until the Nokia N70 comes out for an unknown price. So, should i wait and get the N70 or should just go ahead and get the 6680. Are there any major diferences between the two, other than the camera? Is there something the N70 has that the 6680 doesn't that would warrent waiting? thanks in advance
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 22:17   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Phones]Which phone should I get?

N70 is out.
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 23:33   #3
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

N70 is out.

Difference: Size (smaller) & camera (2 megapixel). That's about it really. Nothing fancy.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 23:38   #4
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I have the 6680 - it's VERY chunky I don't like it that much but the interface etc. is very nice - just very long now having to press menu button, go to Tools then to Settings then to blah... grr! My other phone, 6230i is really simple and easy to use! Guess that's one thing I love about 2G phones - just wish the contacts with them had the minutes galore like 3G contracts do heh.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 00:02   #5
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
N70 is out.
not on O2 online it isn't
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 00:08   #6
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
not on O2 online it isn't
Oh yeah it isn't.

But they'll have it in a couple of weeks or sometime this month.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 00:13   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you guys all have small penises?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 13:50   #8
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Oh, is the Siemens SF65 anygood?
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 20:53   #9
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Do you guys all have small penises?
What like yours?

No.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 20:54   #10
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Oh, is the Siemens SF65 anygood?
No.

If you still go and buy it, you'll shoot yourself. It's really shit.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 20:57   #11
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

siemens and motorola have always been shit.
and probably always will be.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 21:03   #12
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

why is it shit? its the only camera flip phone i like the look of (although i need to see it irl first, and ii prefer the v3 but too many people have it)
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 21:16   #13
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
why is it shit? its the only camera flip phone i like the look of (although i need to see it irl first, and ii prefer the v3 but too many people have it)
The phone's ridiculously slow when you want to hurry up with something like typing a number or text message.

That's for starters. Get someone else to tell you more.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 21:39   #14
Cannon_Fodder

GD calling Rids, come in Rids...
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 21:47   #15
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Blastoderm is right sniborp. Take it from someone who has test-driven it.
----------retired-------
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 21:50   #16
Cannon_Fodder

Anyone know a decent camera flip phone then, preferably not one that everyone has or has the little aerial sticking out.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 21:51   #17
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Blastoderm is right sniborp. Take it from someone who has test-driven it.
Only reason I'm right on this is because I work in a mobile phone shop*.

*I'm not boasting here.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 21:57   #18
Blastoderm
________

Quote:

Anyone know a decent camera flip phone then, preferably not one that everyone has or has the little aerial sticking out.
Samsung e720 is the closest thing I can think of and it's not the greatest either.

Generally Sharp phones are ace.

There are new phones coming out soon* but I'm not sure what they'll be like.

*Like next year
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 22:02   #19
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

pink v3

i so want that .
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 22:15   #20
Cannon_Fodder

and yet you still somehow sleep with women..

and i said that not everyone has, as soon as it comes out, all the chardonaays and biancas will parade around the school playground with it.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 23:18   #21
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I want a good Nokia, what shall I get? I have the 6230i which is a nice business phone but want something more funky for a personal phone, but neither of the two above - what do you recommend? I'd sooner it be a Nokia because it keeps texting simple when the keys are in the same place, and also only one charger is needed.

Whilst we're on the subject, I'm currently on Vodafone and pay about £36 a month for 200 any network, any time minutes and 100 texts but am willing to consider moving. Any reccomendations?
Thanks
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 23:23   #22
Blastoderm
________

O2 3G

500 mins, 100 texts.

£35 a month.

Nokia 6680 available. Soon Nokia N70 (which you might like).
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 23:28   #23
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Are those mins any time, any network?
I'm not sure I'd use 500!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 23:37   #24
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you're on a pretty crappy contract
I'm getting 200 any network any time and 500 texts for £25 with O2 online...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 01:00   #25
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Are those mins any time, any network?
I'm not sure I'd use 500!
Yes it is.
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 02:04   #26
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

I got a clearance contract 2 months ago (one of those cashback ones), with the nokia 6680 12months. £7.50 a month 500 mins (x network) 100 texts. Gotta love three

My brother bought a 6630 (clearance) at the same time. Contract was £2.50 a month 500 texts, 100 mins. He didn't like the phone so sold it on ebay for ~£100. So in reality he actually made £70 from the contract and continued using his old phone.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 02:51   #27
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
500 mins, 100 texts.

£35 a month.
3 doing a cheaper deal right now.
----------retired-------
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 03:08   #28
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I got a really good deal in Alperton, Watford - where I always go. They do that cashback thing but it's not a clearance deal - latest phones etc.

Btw, www.mobiles4freeltd.com has been advertised everywhere I live and on Sky TV. Same thing as what I get in Watford. Just watch out - deals change after 6 months with them where as I get to cancel every 6 months, receive cashback for same value (minutes gone over don't count) and keep phone etc. while moving over to a 'new' contract. Only downside to this I have to change no's every 6 months and the cancellation is free. How this place in Alperton makes their money is that they give you extra SIM but keep the phone and sell it on + get commission iirc.
----------retired-------
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 08:33   #29
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm on a shitty contract, I have a shit phone, I also recieve bills in the region of £200 a month.

I think I might be in the wrong job.
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 22:14   #30
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
3 doing a cheaper deal right now.
O2 has a better network coverage.

And you can get an ok deal from Phones4u (cashback).