User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 May 2005, 00:22   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Just a quick question guys

What can be classed as a part-time job in terms of number of hours?

From what I know, anything under 40 hours a week is part-time.

Someone's telling me anything over 16 hours a week is full-time.

Who's correct? And why?

I want an answer by the time I come out of the shower i.e., in 10 mins.

Thanks in advance.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:25   #2
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Just a quick question guys

I don't know, but for me, less then 40 hours sounds like part time.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:43   #3
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

One answer in 20 mins.

Very impressive.
Unread 20 May 2005, 01:09   #4
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

As far as i know 37.5 hours a week is considered full time and anything less is part time, although it is probably down to the employer.

Don't quote me though
H1TMANish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2005, 01:15   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the distinction no longer matters

so i'm curious why you asked

if your employer is trying to treat you less well because they say you are part time there are two answers:

1) the old distinction is gone
2) part time workers have the same rights as full time workers.

print off the link, use it to hit any stupid manager who claims otherwise
Unread 20 May 2005, 17:32   #6
Blastoderm
________

I asked because the Jobcentre are telling my unemployed friends that anything over 16 hours a week is full-time work.

But who's right though?

P.S. Thanks for the link Steve.
Unread 20 May 2005, 17:36   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I asked because the Jobcentre are telling my unemployed friends that anything over 16 hours a week is full-time work.

But who's right though?
Still getting JSA when working 16 hours per week or under is a priviledge granted. People working over 16 hours a week not getting JSA is not a right removed.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2005, 17:59   #8
Blastoderm
________

But that's not the point Mark.

The point is, I'm working 36 hours a week, does that count as a part-time job? My company (including many other retail jobs) states it is. The Jobcentre claims it isn't.

P.S. I ain't claiming no Girobank like the bums that I know.
Unread 20 May 2005, 20:07   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

erm, Full Time is 40 hours a week.

Job Centres are for fags.
Unread 20 May 2005, 21:47   #10
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i used to work 21 hours a week and that was part time.
Unread 20 May 2005, 22:20   #11
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.thompsons.law.co.uk/ltext/l0230001.htm
There is no fixed definition of a part-time worker in United Kingdom law and the term means different things to different people. It also varies from industry to industry depending on the standard working week in any particular sector of the economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.eoc-law.org.uk/cseng/equal_pay/1.parttime_workers_regulations.asp
There is no general definition of a full time or a part time worker in terms of the numbers of hours worked. Who is a full-time worker and who is a part-time worker is determined by the custom and practice of the employer: reg. 2(1). A full-time worker is one who is paid and identifiable as a full-time worker. A part-time worker is one who is not identifiable as a full-time worker. It all depends on the approach of the particular employer concerned.
Unread 20 May 2005, 22:42   #12
Blastoderm
________

Thanks SYMM.

I'll go out and prove my point now.
Unread 21 May 2005, 17:46   #13
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

For their own employees, the Inland Revenue classes full time as over 30 hours.

I have had full time jobs working 35 and 37.5 hours a week (not including breaks)

I wouldnt have thought the Job Centre tries to say 16 hours is a full time job, it may be that below 16 counts as a 'casual' job or something similar. Working over 16 hours makes them assume you earn enough to live on, so they stop giving you handouts.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 20:24   #14
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

To me 'full time' is not the number of hours you work but the number of days. So for example in my company we work a 5 day week. Anyone working less then 5 full shifts per week would be considered part time to us. In terms of hours worked, a 'full time' employee of mine would work 30 - 40 hours per week.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote