User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Jan 2005, 21:00   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
is it just me or is ebay getting worse?

My last 3 auctions have all been bought out by stupid ****s asking me to send the phone to Nigeria.

3 times its happened, 3 times ebay has done absolutely **** all about it, and its costing me a fortune in listing fees.

Is there any way to nuke somebodys bid?
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 21:05   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: is it just me or is ebay getting worse?

The question is, Is rids selling pilfered stock on ebay?

p.s. Dun use Ebay, get on with your life, stop being a corporate whore.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 21:08   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
You know what, that's the kind of thing they would put in the big 'HELP!' section, a link to which appears at the top of every page.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 21:12   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I never had a problem listing my old phones. I just shoved them on the UK site only and made it very clear in the actual listing I wouldn't ship anywhere else.

Clearly your listing style attracts eejits
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 21:47   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I've got some things to sell and the help pages weren't clear - it mentioned a statement or something would be widthdrawn each month for a seller's account - anyway, if I create the seller's account does it cost me just for creating the seller's account - can I close it after I've sold what I need to sell? if I continue having the seller's account but don't sell anything after I've sold what I need to, do they still charge me fees?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 22:00   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When they say "Send the phone to Nigeria", don't you get the option where they click "Request Total from seller", and you can just up the price to include international postage?
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 22:03   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: is it just me or is ebay getting worse?

Quote:
Ask GW.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 22:24   #8
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
My last 3 auctions have all been bought out by stupid ****s asking me to send the phone to Nigeria.

3 times its happened, 3 times ebay has done absolutely **** all about it, and its costing me a fortune in listing fees.

Nice to know someone's selling phones on ebay amongst us...
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 23:18   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Nigerian "Send me a phone , i send you a cheque for the postage , oops it bounce because its an international cheque and takes 4 weeks to clear , but i have your phone" Scam is not the newest scam around, but is definetely the cleverest ive heard in a while.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 00:09   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
The Nigerian "Send me a phone , i send you a cheque for the postage , oops it bounce because its an international cheque and takes 4 weeks to clear , but i have your phone" Scam is not the newest scam around, but is definetely the cleverest ive heard in a while.
International fraud makes up a huge portion of nigeria's economy.

they've found their niche in the world at last
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 01:07   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
International fraud makes up a huge portion of nigeria's economy.

they've found their niche in the world at last
Its why the majority of major banks the world over have almost draconian security measures in place for Nigerian nationals and funds in and out of that country.

TBH , theres nothing of note there anyway that a good daisy cutter wouldnt solve.
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 01:09   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Its why the majority of major banks the world over have almost draconian security measures in place for Nigerian nationals and funds in and out of that country.

TBH , theres nothing of note there anyway that a good daisy cutter wouldnt solve.
bless them, i said it with pride. they've done quite well so far.

better a poor nation steal from the richer than push down the richer's buildings
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 10:54   #13
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
If thats the cleverest then we are in trouble. What sort of **** would actually full for something like that?

I've stated in the auction, about 9.4 million times, that I only accept payment through Paypal, and only ship to the UK, and still I get these utter morons bidding.

There should be a way to make sure only people with a feedback of +10 should be allowed to bid.
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 11:20   #14
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, that or an option to only accept bids from people with PayPal verified accounts, as this ensures they have a confirmed address and bank account at PayPal (ie. they're not going to be a muppet from Nigeria).
10+ i feel is a bit harsh as I have only got 6 (all glowing, i'll have you know) despite being registered since November 2003 - I just don't use it all that often.
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 12:01   #15
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Or: Send item -> receive payment in a cheque that is larger than the amount you sold the item for.

Buyer tells you it was a mistake and tells you to just send the rest of the money back, so you..

go cash it in the bank and send the surplus back to Nigeria. The bank finally notices that the cheque is false and arrests you for being a scoundrel. (commong nigerian scam used on internet auctions)
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 19:03   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

It works slightly differently Idler.

You sell your item , on Ebay or via a local auction. Someone asks for the item and asks you to ship it to Nigeria (always a high value item). They provide you with a cheque for that amount and more and ask you to use the excess to pay for the postage.

You then withdraw that amount from your account after the 3 working days you THINK it takes to clear a cheque. You phone your bank to check if its cleared and they will inevitably say it has. However, theyre usually wrong because the call centres are filled with moron staff who dont understand international cheques.

An international cheque takes 4-6 weeks to clear. And during that time, youre expected to have paid the postage on the item, and sent it to Nigeria. The address you send it to will be a drop point, your goods disappear , youre out of pocket for the postage (and its a hefty amount), and your bank will almost certainly tell you to sod off if youre looking for compensation.

Short Answer : Never EVER EVER buy or sell to Nigerians or Nigerian nationals. If this sounds horrifically racist towards Nigerians, ask them why their government doesnt do anything to prevent fraud, and yet is one of the richest oil nations in Africa. The answer will be "Because theyre corrupt bastards and theyre appointed by friends and family. Nigerian democracy does not exist. Unless youre a wealthy foreigner, in which case, youre our friend until we have your money"

[/rant]

[bigger rant]

I ****ing hate dealing with Nigerian Scams on a daily basis. The Black South Africans are worse when it comes to attempting to defraud banks, at least the Nigerians only pray on morons. Someday , someone somewhere in a township with a scanner , a co-conspirator at the post office, and a mobile phone, will realise that the bank will not pay them £40,000 to their account in Thailand because when we phone them, their accent will make us realise were not speaking to a retired 62yr old British National.

[/bigger rant]