User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Dec 2005, 10:08   #1
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute
Dream Diarys

Having had some intresting dreams of late i have decided to start keeping a dream diary with a hope of understanding more about them and what them mean if anything ( aside for me being horny ofc )

Just curious as i have seen them mentioned here before does anyone keep one? And do they have any advice on doing so
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 10:15   #2
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Dream Diarys

I was planning on keeping one, but I have just never really got round to it. It's quite a difficult thing to do really, as you have to keep the dream in your head long enough to get to your pen and paper and write it down.

I do still try to keep the dream in my head though, and saying what happened in it aloud is pretty useful as well.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 10:34   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I generally forget things quickly, although I sometimes remember something of them later in the day if someone reminds me of something that happened in the day.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 10:51   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

don't remember my dreams when i wake up.

it sucks :/
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 10:53   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
don't remember my dreams when i wake up.

it sucks :/
Do you wake up singing things like "the red wire's connected to the ... yellow wire." etc?
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 11:46   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

thankfully, no
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 17:55   #7
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i wake up with
goo goo dolls - slide
in my head....i wanna wake up where you are....
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 17:56   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
i wake up with
goo goo dolls - slide
in my head....i wanna wake up where you are....
That's one of their best songs, although many rate Iris higher (for some reason).
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:01   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Dream Diarys

'Fags.'
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:02   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

you don't even have a christmas hat on your avatar. why should I listen to you?
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:04   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't celebrate Christmas. The only things I celebrate are the deaths of certain celebrities.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:06   #12
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Last night I dreamt I was in Australia and there was this sudden flood that I thought had wiped out the entire population except for me and Bob Downe, and we were wandering around looking for other survivors when a load of chavs on mini-motorbikes came over the hill and that kind of spoiled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I don't celebrate Christmas. The only things I celebrate are the deaths of certain celebrities.
Estelle Getty is 83 next July, better add her to the pool
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:07   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Jill Dando, Princess Diana, etc?

You must celebrate Christmas in some way.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:07   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
She has Alzheimers too.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:08   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
"Celebrities".
Who's Estelle Getty (shoot me for not googling :P)
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:15   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

She's the former President of Burkina Faso.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:27   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
She's the former President of Burkina Faso.
OOOOH she was in stop or my mom will shoot. Noooow I know who she is.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:41   #18
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, because I doubt that forcing dreams into the day-to-day language which evolved to describe decidedly non-dreamlike situations is productive. Either you'd end up misinterpreting them as being just like normal life only 'a bit weird', or it would be like trying to write about an acid trip while you experiencing it - completely incoherent to anyone other than yourself at the time of writing.

The other problem is that theres no criteria for anything you write actually being correct. How do you know that what youve just wrote down describes the dream that you actually had? For that matter, how do you know that youre talking about the dream you had last night rather than one you had last week? Theres nothing non-subjective that you can compare your experiences to here. If I 'just feel' that I dreamed X last night rather than 3 days ago, then there isnt anything I can check this feeling against (while dreaming, I often have the experience that I'm visiting a place that I've been to in previous dreams, and forgotten about. But theres absolutely no way to know whether I have actually dreamed about this place before, or whether I've just dreamed up the memories too {ie 'made them up' on the spot}).

Last edited by Nodrog; 16 Dec 2005 at 18:50.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:45   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

I think it'd be pretty cool.
"I walked down the tunnel after the match into kindergarten, where I was 3 again and I had on my yellow and red striped shirt that my girlfriend gave me last week, only it was different"
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 19:07   #20
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
while dreaming, I often have the experience that I'm visiting a place that I've been to in previous dreams, and forgotten about. But theres absolutely no way to know whether I have actually dreamed about this place before, or whether I've just dreamed up the memories too {ie 'made them up' on the spot}

that's how i feel a lot of the time when i'm awake.

i don't feel it trivializes existence, however.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 19:21   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis

that's how i feel a lot of the time when i'm awake.

i don't feel it trivializes existence, however.
There are objective criteria by which I can check that I've been to a place before while I'm awake, but it doesnt make sense to ask 'how do you know?' in response to the claim that someone has been somewhere before in a dream.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote