User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 19 Oct 2003, 13:28   #101
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
Re: Mercenaries: Dark Void

All
Actually, screw the whole 'day' thing altogether, it's confusing me. Back to the same odd, distorted time as is apparent in all my other threads.

Cortana IV

Flapjack
You give the order to Dot and Monk.

Dot: "Yes sir."
Monk: "Roger that, Captain."

The two move almost silently toward the ridge, and through the ghostly green image presented by your thermal indicator you see Monk settle down behind the ridge and Dot lie prone at its crest, observing the base's wall through his scope.

Dot: "Not a great view from here, but I can see guards walking about on the walls. Awaiting orders."

Meanwhile, yourself, Scope, Boomer and Netgrade make your way through the dense undergrowth of the jungle, heading for the base. You advance a good distance in no particular formation or approach untill you reach the edge of the clearing that surrounds the base. It is around twenty metres to the walls, and bright spotlights illuminate all approaches from the walls. The same spotlights are interfering with your thermal indicators. Better deactivate them.

Scope, Boomer, Netgrade: "Awaiting orders, sir."

Zappa
Jonathon: Aye Cap, I'll start scoutin' ahead.

The Skirmisher sets off at a fast run toward the village, which Miles informs you is about 2km over the ridge rising up in front of you. Everyone else loads up into the AFV as per your orders, and by the time everyone is inside Jonathon is over the ridge and out of sight.

Miles: "I see Jonathon. He's setting up on a ridge outside of the base."
Jonathon: "I'm fully set up now, Cap'n. Through the scope I count four vehicles - all soft-skinned. Two jeeps with what look like TOW missiles and HMGs, and two trucks. There are two AAA Guns here, probably what the trucks are for. Looks like around two platoons of Rebel infantry as well, some of them are probably in the buildings."

Meanwhile, Jeffrey takes the AFV up the ridge toward the village. The AG fields enable it to travel fast and evenly over the ground, which is covered in scree, with little more than a high-pitched whine as noise. Suddenly you're out over the ridge, and can see the village in full. There are around twenty buildings clustered irregularly around a central market square, surrounded by farm fields. What look like drainage ditches leading up to the village in geometric lines might provide good cover. Unfortunatly-

Miles: "There's a bit of activity going on down there sir, think they might have spotted you."
Jonathon: "Gah, sir, the AFV's been spotted by a sensor drone, it's tailing you. The Rebels are going ape-****."

Presently you hear a sharp metallic clang noise, something struck the hull.

Jeffrey: "Bollocks, the thing EM-tagged us, the Blend Gen won't work properly untill we get it off...full throttle, taking evasive manuevres, hold on."
Saloman: "Firing on the jeeps."

The AFV rocks gently to one side as Saloman fires off a laser bolt at one of the jeeps. You can't see anything, but Saloman lets out a loud yell of glee and Jonathon verifies it.

Jonathon: "Hit, one of the jeeps is out. Shame there wasn't anyone in it...watch out! They've got a laser cannon in the near building!"

You hear a loud explosion and a number of clangs as multiple pieces of something, presumably rubble, bounce off the hull.

Jeffrey: Woah, that was a bit too close fer comfort...
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 14:40   #102
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*flapjack quickly turns the thermals off and with all the ilumination around decides they should stick in cover for a moment, he then calls dot*

dot, do you see those lights, try finding out if they have a generator somewhere you can hit, if you can't, hit the lights instead

*flapjack waits for the lights to go out, when they do he'll put his thermals back on and start picking off the gaurds from cover with his rifle while the rest of his crew wait just behind him, ready to give supporting fire in case someone figures out that there are people with rifles shooting at them*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 15:16   #103
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
alrighty then, Jonathan, start sniping away dude, first targets are the guys manning the laser, second are the guys manning the AAA's. try to remain hidden, and shift location frequently. This is verry important! try to kill the men manning it, but keep the cannons intact. we might have to dig in if they manage to call for reinforcements

Salomon, Jeffrey, start dropping us off, packs of 3,

Sarah, Chris and Kerrigan

Jack, Morrigan and Percival

Jean, Collin and me

try dropping us off at least slightly out of sight. your next orders will be to distract as much enemy fire as you can, and if able, to destroy enemy vehicles and AAA's

Chris, Kerrigan, your job will be to take out the heavyer armoured units of the enemy, Sarah will be your support, keeping you guys in once piece

Jack: you are to sneak in, and find that general. primairy objective: remain out of sight. secondairy objective, get the general, tertiairy objective: keep him alive, 4th, kill those that you can get away with

alright, Jean, Collin, you guys are with me, let's go in for the kill. attack pattern 3DB, go in fast, unnoticed, and lethal. Take out everything in our path, and do not draw the enemy to us untill we reach a suitable cover. if we can get inside a house, we can start firing more widely

Miles, give us some backup fire, rain death upon the enemy troops mate, you know you want too... just watch out for those AAA, if anyone gets too close to them shoot him. Jonathan will be watching it too

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 18:33   #104
No Dachi

Cortana IV

Phang
First things first, you order Junior to seal the mine doors up. He looks a ;little bit nervous, but also eager. He nods and runs off toward one of the doors into the office complex, calling back to you as he runs.

Junior: "I'll strengthen the anti-hack defenses, sir, and see about rigging some sort of alarm system up."

You then tell Merlin that something is going to be his job, before instructing Nails to mine the entrance and ordering Inspetor to the coms. Merlin looks puzzled, Nails grins toothily and Inspector sprints toward the stairwell, heading for the top floor.

Merlin: "Er...come again sir?"
Nails: "Yessir, they won't know what hit 'em."
Inspector: "I'll get my kit set up in one of the offices on the third floor."

You then detail the last part of the plan to those concerned. Shark immediately dashes off up the same stairwell as Inspector, Nails and the Domestics give you a funny look, the engineer from a half-assembled bomb at the door.

Shark: "I'll set up on the roof, they won't see me in this light..."
Nails: "You lost your marbles sir? I ain't jumping from the third floor in this thing...I'd die..."

He shakes his head, though this is only visible as a twitch due to the heavy power armour encasing him, and goes back to building his bomb.

Merlin: "Could you re-state my orders please, sir?"
Domestics: "Awaiting orders, sir."
Hamster: "...Orders that don't result in our deaths, preferably."

Unread 19 Oct 2003, 18:47   #105
No Dachi

Ullanor

PK
You order your Company to prepare for battle, and at least one of them for look for someone who can give you a proper idea of what's going on. Paradim volunteers.

Paradim: "I'll go to the bridge and find out what exactly is happening."

With that, he leaves, walking out through the door of the hold into the ship's corridor. Commotion in the hold continues as the panicking civilians mill about, unsure of what to do. Your men, minus Paradim, have set up in defensive positions around the hold, weapons ready and armour enclosed. You can't hear them over the fray, but radio link stays good.

Darknight: "Think we should do something about these people, sir?"
Zepher: "I got a pair of crewmen here, both packing some pretty expensive-looking heat. They're asking to speak to the Company's leader, I think they mean you, sir."

Barker and Jaeger, their training rendering them unwilling to deliberately place themselves in the potential line of fire, remain standing around you. Jaeger is holding his Yakachi RFLG rather unconvincingly whilst Barker hasn't even drawn his MLP, and is just looking eerily calm and uninterested with the procedings in the hold.

Paradim: "At the bridge. We're under attack from a frigate-class and two modified freighters. The captain informs me we're dropping decoys and firing off missiles but that they're outgunned and it looks more than likely the pirates are going to score a hit soon...****, me and my big mouth, brace for impact!"

The deck bucks beneath your feet, nearly throwing you to the floor. Your men and both of the armed crewmen are still standing, but very few of the civilians are. Barker rushes off into the crowds and begins tending to a child bleeding from the head.

Paradim: "That one took the engines off, the captain's orders are to prepare for boarding repulsion."

Unread 21 Oct 2003, 16:18   #106
No Dachi

Fluffie
Sounds fine.

Cortana IV

Inspectre
Sure you don't want your Intelligence Officer watching over you from above?

You give the men their marching order, and silently they form up in a line behind or in front of you according to their orders. After a few seconds of rustling foliage, Aristocrat looks back over his shoulder before speaking over the coms.

Aristocrat: "Company formed up, sir."

You give the order to move out. Ghost sets off at a quick pace, striking out ahead of the main group, while Nerd drops behind as per your orders. You procede quickly and near-silently through the jungle in this manner for several minutes before you head Brains' voice via the com.

Brains: "Ghost, next clearing you come to has the base in it. I can only see soft-skin vehicles from up here, but keep an eye out all the same."
Ghost: "Roger that...I can see the base perimeter. There's no fence or wall but it looks like they've got a pretty good tench system going. I can see several heavy weapons dugouts fortified with sandbags."
Brains: "Confirmed, the trenches go back in four layers. The outer three are close together with the fourth one further back and containing the infantry company COs and HQs, they're joined by communication trenches and the initial defenders will be able to fall back easily. In addition to the heavy weapons nests, there are also several more nests deep behind the lines which I suspect will contain mortars or light AA weaponry. I can see three heavy artillery batteries around the airstrip, but they could well be AAA."
Ghost: "Awaiting orders."

Aristocrat takes the iniative and holds up his right hand, balled into a fist, signalling for the men to set down and hold position.

Nerd: "No sign of anything back here."
Aristocrat: "Awaiting orders, Jake."

As you think what to do next, Brains helpfully chips in, speaking to you privately, again via the coms.

Brains: "Remember sir, it is imperative that you get in and disable the airstrip before they can scramble fighter wings, otherwise you lose your only exit. The trenches might look tough, but according to Rebel Intelligence they've only got arounf a battalion of infantry here, as well as a few companies of air mobile troops. Even if you do take out the airstrip, remember that gunships are still going to be able to launch. Don't let yourselves get pinned down here either, you need to get in and out fast, because Earth Regional HQ will probably dispatach armour and mechanized infantry to the base as soon as they learn it's under attack."

Unread 21 Oct 2003, 16:36   #107
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

"Damnit. OK, here's what we're going to do. All the passengers are staying exactly where they are, else they're going to be a danger to everyone. Jaeger, Barker do what you can to look after them, but keep them in here, and keep everyone else out. Paradim, stay up at the bridge and fead us what info you can. Now, what about these two crewmen?"

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 21:16   #108
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"Sabre, take point and move out. Try and find a path to their location, unseen if ye can, right? Warn us of anything you'd like to warn us from."

Sabre nodded and turned around, blending in with the enviroment seconds later. On his Thermal Indicator, Fluffie saw him moving away, slowly and carefully. The man knew what he was doing. He was taking point. He was, after all, a Skirmisher.

Turning to the remainder of his Company, Fluffie walked up to Timothy.

"Right, you, China, Gent, Neo, Scotts and Morpheus are going to be our rear. You lot, well, most of you lot aren't really fit for combat, so stay behind the main group and keep our rears safe. Morpheus, see if you can tap into any enemy transmissions, Neo, let up one of your balloons and get me some more information on the grounds we're on, okay?

China, stay put, lets hope we don't really need you, ok? Gent, Scotts, Timothy, guarding positions on your rear and flanks."

Fluffie walked off, heading for Hansson this time. He stopped half way though, turning around to look back at Morpheus.

"Oh and keep ready to relay requests for artillery, if you want?"

Morpheus smiled a big smile and nodded, before turning back to his work.

Fluffie continued to his Officer, who had the others gathered around him already.

"Ok, we're going to be the ones to kill stuff. Erika, Wallace, stick together for now, two peope on one of your guns was supposed to be more effective. If things get really rough and enemies get plenty, you can split up and show them what rifling means. Take center, together with Gunn. Grunt, take rear. Lian, Longhorn, divide flanks between you two. Hansson, you and I have a date with the front..."

The group took up positions, the 'tech group' right behind them. Fluffie looked around him and then threw an eye on his Thermal Indicator, which showed (hopefully) nothing at the moment. Looking back up, he waited for one of his men to report in...

(Sabre is supposed to radio something back in the lines of "Yeah, sure, move up.. Everything seems clear/Watch out for [stuff] [there], move around them like [this]." and stuff, if you understand my drift. What Neo and Morpheus report back I dunnay know... And for the others, they keep their guard up and their weapons ready, the ones with Thermal Indicators keep an eye on those too. That cool?)
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 16:31   #109
No Dachi

Cortana IV

Fluffie
You send Sabre out ahead.

Sabre: "Roger that, sir."

He activates his suit's blend generator and vanishes from plain view. Switching your thermal indicator on, you see him dissapear into the dense foliage, heading toward the target. Presently you turn to a large group of troops, remind them that they're non-combatants (with the obvious exception of Gent and Timothy), and order them to remain behind and provide support. You order Morpheus to get set to trying to intercept enemy transmissions and Neo to releasing one of his sensor balloons and sets up his equipment, ready to relay the information to you.

Morpheus: "Searching for the enemy frequencies now, sir, it'll take a few minutes."
Neo: "Balloon deployed, sensor equipment assembled, what do you want to know?"

You tell Morpheus to prepare to call in artillery fire as something of an afterthought.

Morpheus: "I'll have to get an experienced artillery spotter to give me accurate target co-ordinates first, sir. Either Sabre or Neo's balloon will be good for that."

You then order the remaining men/women/troops to assemble and move out, waiting for clearance from Sabre first. You hen have a quick change of mind and order Scotts and China to follow the combat group, but to stay out of the line of fire. You wait for a few tense moments, then-

Sabre: "I'm at the edge of the clearing around the first battery. I can see bother of the other two. The first is in the middle of the valley, the second on the right slope and the third on the left slope. They're connected by a trench system, and there's a sizeable-looking bunker roughly equidistant between them that looks like a command post/barracks/fire control building. That's where the long range coms array and the sensor equipment is. I see around two platoons of infantry in addition to the gunners and support troops, but no vehicles apart from the unarmed haulers for the guns and a couple of supply gunships. It's safe to move up, the guards are a bit lax and I don't see any patrols."

Neo: "Position of AAA batteries confirmed."

The combat gorup moves up, slowly but surely, to Sabre's position, now communicating entirely via radio for the sake of stealth. Neo constantly updates you on what's going on around the batteries and the command post. Suddenly-

Morpheus: "Radio traffic indicates that they're just a few seconds away from discovering the sensor balloon."

Unread 24 Oct 2003, 18:23   #110
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Boss sighed and nodded at his men. It had been a long night already.

"OK...Merlin, you'll be driving Shark's bike out of the mines if it comes to that; everyone who hasn't been given a specific task, set up on the third floor and fire on anyone who comes through the doors. Capisce?"
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 19:31   #111
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"Neo, kill that balloon, NOW!"

"Timothy, as soon as the balloon is down, move to a new location and wait for further orders. Flank east or west, whatever you prefer - but don't stray from Hansson's group too much."

"Morpheus, can you keep an ear on their communications if you can. If not, get back listening to them as soon as you can, keep me updated. And - you got all artillery positions, right? Also write down the bunkers location somewhere. Fluffie out."

After probably receiving a number of replies from Tim, Morph and Neo, Fluffie halted his group and took Hansson aside for a moment...

"Think we should assault them like this, or have the artillery take out that bunker first? Taking it out makes our job easier I think, but also reduces the chance of finding any intel.."

While waiting for Hanssons reply, Fluffie made some hand signals to the rest of his company, at least, to those present. They all understood what they meant and formed up in a line, heavy weapons in the middle and laser rifles on the flanks, Grunt to the right of the heavy people and Hansson and Fluffie on their left. All, of course, facing the enemy. All, of course, with their weapons ready.

China and Scotts weren't in the line, they were slightly behind it. Sabre - he was in the centre for now, looking through the scope of his rifle, trying to identify any odd eyecatchers, if there were any. If none present, he tried getting a better overview of the situation, sharing this information with the others..
Unread 25 Oct 2003, 14:12   #112
No Dachi

Cortana IV

Fluffie
Neo: "Yessir..."

You see the dark shape of the balloon suddenly fall to the ground. Neo manages to interpose himself between the falling object and the ground in order to prevent the crashing of breaking metal and machinery from alerting the guards.

Neo: "...ow..."

You order Morpheus to hold position, try to listen in on the coms and start collecting co-ordinates for artillery bombardment.

Morpheus: "I can't see the targets from here, sir, trees in the way. I'll get Sabre to help..."
Sabre: "Affirmative, taking up sniping position and beginning surveillance..."

Silence follows, you assume that Sabre is communicating man-to-man with Morpheus in order not to clutter up the radio traffic with co-ordinates. With the balloon stored ((it might be fixable, then again it might not)), you order Timothy to lead the tech group away. He moves around to the right and dissapears from view. Presently, you draw Hannson to one side and outline a frontal assault plan to him.

Hannson: "A frontal assault might not be the best plan, sir. Look, they'll be able to lay fire down on us from both sides of the valley using the trenches as cover. I think it would be best if we got Sabre to locate the main concentration of enemy troops and then used the artillery support to keep them surpressed while we clean the AA batteries out."

You then order the combat group to form up on the edge of the clearing. You can now see all three batteries, and the command centre. You can see a couple of soldiers walking about in the trenches, and all the batteries are fully-manned by gunners.

Unread 25 Oct 2003, 17:16   #113
flapjack
crashed computer

what about me dachi ?/

fluffie gets 2 dms and i get only 1

Unread 25 Oct 2003, 17:20   #114
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
what about me dachi ?/

fluffie gets 2 dms and i get only 1
That would be because Fluffie is behind on DMing, wheras you are not.

Unread 25 Oct 2003, 17:25   #115
No Dachi

Y'all - Sub-Company Organisation
It would help both me and you if, when your Company has reached a certain size (like 20+), you started organising it into Squads/Platoons. Basically, you assemble multiple troopers into one group, which you then slap a name on (Squad Alpha, Second Platoon, Firegroup C, etc). In your posts, you then give orders to the group rather than the individual men. This saves you having to make long lists of names/callsigns and saves me having to look them up.

A Squad can contain a maximum of 20 men and must have an NCO to command it.
A Platoon can contain a maximum of 40 men and must have an Officer to command it.
A Firegroup can be of any size up to eight men. An NCO is not necessarry, but having one man in charge is advisable.

You may have four Platoons per Company. Once you've got the maximum number of troops, you've need to see about buying a second Company and forming a Battalion...

Additional Note
Non-NCOs/Officers may be promoted to Private First Class/Lance Corporal. This is useful for deciding who is in charge of firegroups and who acts as second for Squad Leaders. Note that promoting a soldier to PFC/LC has no effect on his or her performance, and by promoting everybody to it you lose the advantage of doing it in the first place.

As you troops gain experience, they may also gain new skills...

Unread 25 Oct 2003, 18:43   #116
flapjack
crashed computer

hmm

i don't need to do that yet, i've got far to few men to actaully have that have effect

after all, i have Dot, Scope and me as the only real combatants, then i have boomer to follow me and Scope around to blow this up when they get in our way and Netgrade to get rid of electronic systems and eavesdropping on our enemies

Monk is always with Dot and provides us with intel while Dot provides us with a safe working area by dealing out lead in the direction of enemies

Unread 25 Oct 2003, 21:22   #117
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Neo, good move. Try and put it away, maybe Scotts can fix it up again after we get out of this jungle. You got any useful information for me? If so, speak.. If not not, stay put and wait till, well, I've got good use for you again."

"Morpheus, by your silence I take it they haven't gone an alert?"

"Sabre, once your done relaying the co-ordinates of all AAA pieces and the bunker, see if you can figure out where the biggest concentration of troops is, then hand those co-ordinates over to Morpheus."

Fluffie ponders Hansson's idea for a quick moment and then nods, both to himself as Hansson who's still with him. He looks at the others around.

"Right then, we'll split up. Take Grunt, Lian and Gunn with you. You are Firegroup A, for now, ok? Gather your men here, keep sneaky and wait for more orders."

"Tech group, move up closer to the front."

"Timothy, you read me? We're going to attack from two sides, I want you to lead Firegroup B. You'll take Longhorn, Gent, Erika and Wallace with you."

If allowed, the tech group (Neo had to quickly gather his stuff), has moved up to where Scotts and China were, Neo redeploying his gear. Timothy quickly quickly gathers the people assigned to him and, like Hansson, waits for his orders.

"Hansson, move up to the edge of their right flank, keep in cover, keep unseen and prepare to assault. Timothy, the same for you, only you'll be on the left flank. Have Erika and Wallace use their rifles seperately for now and, have them focus on the heaviest (personal) armour around. Once you advance, allow them to pick up a better suited weapon, if they want. Don't let them throw away their tank buster rifles though! Both Firegroups, move! Report in when at location."

The groups move out, leaving Fluffie alone on his location.

"Tech group, stay at your current location. Scotts, China, keep watch. Morpheus, do you have all co-ordinates, including the concentration of troops?"

"Sabre, are you in a good firing location?"

And then awaiting replies from his units, Fluffie moves to find a good snipering location of his own...
Unread 26 Oct 2003, 17:44   #118
No Dachi

All - Additional Note Regarding Sub-Company Organisation
You may now group 3-6 artillery guns into 'Batteries', and designate one gunner as Battery Commander. A Battery essential works in the same way a Firegroup does for infantry.

Unread 27 Oct 2003, 11:39   #119
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyboy
"Roger that Foehammer. Manscuro, West, Tekka, Thompson, Jiles, Tali (Art), Garrad, Hazzal, Mike and Jenkins (Regs). Drop outside the enemy base. Set yourselves up in artillery range. Keep yourselves hidden. We'll send you targeting information when we arrive.
Nightshade, Schatten and Sombra. I want you to drop with the artillery. Make your way towards the base. Support the artillery until you get within sight of the base. I want you to head in from behind and to take out as much of the enemy command as you can. Shoot only officers. Give any other information you can to the artillery. We want them to hit the infantry hard.
The rest of you. Get ready to land. They'll probably spot us heading in, so expect a hot landing. Once we land, our primary targets are the enemy artillery. Capture them if you can. But don't risk anything if you can't. Destroy them if they are a risk.
Donovon, Helski and Remmington, stay with the transport.
Little Susi, when we land, I want you to take out the AA emplacements. Tank and Earz will cover you. The rest of you, have a turkey shoot. Kill anything that moves and looks hostile."

*Crazy turned, facing away from his men, and watched out of the forward windows as the landscape shot below him. He heard the low whine of the rear doors opening, as the first of his Helljumper's squad disembarked their transport. The artillery would take a while to arrive and get in place, but it should provide some good covering fire once it was there. The transport continued on, racing as low as the pilots skill would allow. The whine of the rear door once again sounded in Crazy's ears, although muffled slightly. He turned, and walked past his men, towards the exit. He glannced back. All his men were lined up ready behind him. Foehammers voice came through the comms.*

"Dropzone dead ahead. Looks like we're coming in hot. Jump jump jump!"

*Before Foehammer had even finished speaking the first 'jump', Crazy was out of the transport and decending towards the target airfield, surveying it as he went.
His squad was dropping in behind the artillery emplacements, meaning they would have to turn to target them, and in an area mostly void of infantry defences. The satelite photo's had been very useful.*
The mortar crews jump first, dissapearing from site as they tumble through the air toward the ground, bright white light flaring out as their jump burners fire. The regulars you ordered to drop with them follow. At that moment, your hear a loud explosion and the aircraft jolts violently.

Foehammer: "Taking fire here..."

Since you decided to drop in the centre of the airfield, 'behind' the AA guns, Foehammer has the task of flying the cumbersome Wellard Arms transport right through the centre of the base, in plain view of all the AA guns, which, being AA guns, have a 360 degree field of fire. The aircraft gives another jolt, then, thankfully, Foehammer orders the rest of you to jump. You leap out of the plane along with the remainder of the combat personnel, landing on the ground just as you hear a report from the gunners.

Manscuro: "Mortar crew awaiting orders."
Thompson: "Mortar assembled, awaiting orders."
Jenkins: "Regulars awaiting orders."
Nightshade: "Myself and the others are on the ground, moving toward the base."

But you have other things on your mind. Having landed in the middle of the base away from the infantry defenses, you now find yourselves in the open and completely devoid of cover. This situation is worsened by the fact that you are completely surrounded by the enemy, though thankfully the AA gunners are still concentrating on the Wellard Arms transport, which is now trailing smoke from one wing.

Foehammer: "We're hit! Engine fire!"
AWOL: "Firing the extinguishers...phew, it's out."
Foehammer: "We're down to 80% engine power sir."

Meanwhile, your two NCOs have ordered everyone down onto the ground, and are despartely trying to drive them toward carrying out your orders. You spot Sergeant Miles bawling orders at Tank and Earz, who pull themselves into crouching positions and start letting off EAC rounds while Susi crawls up toward it, inching her way forward, time charge in hand. Meanwhile, Sergeant Stone has managed to organise the rest of your forces into returning fire at the infantry swarming out of the barracks.

Stone: "Sir, we have to find cover or else we're all gonna' end up dead."

Now on the ground, you can see six AA batteries, each with a light AAA gun manned by three crewmen, in a ring that surrounds you. They are connected by trenches to eachother and to the cluster of buildings about 200 metres to the east. Each artillery emplacement is dug in to the ground and fortified with sandbags. The gunners are armed and, seeing as these are guerillas with limited manpower, probably regulars drafted into artillery rather than anything else.

Unread 27 Oct 2003, 12:15   #120
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
The mortar crews jump first, dissapearing from site as they tumble through the air toward the ground, bright white light flaring out as their jump burners fire. The regulars you ordered to drop with them follow. At that moment, your hear a loud explosion and the aircraft jolts violently.

Foehammer: "Taking fire here..."

Since you decided to drop in the centre of the airfield, 'behind' the AA guns, Foehammer has the task of flying the cumbersome Wellard Arms transport right through the centre of the base, in plain view of all the AA guns, which, being AA guns, have a 360 degree field of fire. The aircraft gives another jolt, then, thankfully, Foehammer orders the rest of you to jump. You leap out of the plane along with the remainder of the combat personnel, landing on the ground just as you hear a report from the gunners.

Manscuro: "Mortar crew awaiting orders."
Thompson: "Mortar assembled, awaiting orders."
Jenkins: "Regulars awaiting orders."
Nightshade: "Myself and the others are on the ground, moving toward the base."

But you have other things on your mind. Having landed in the middle of the base away from the infantry defenses, you now find yourselves in the open and completely devoid of cover. This situation is worsened by the fact that you are completely surrounded by the enemy, though thankfully the AA gunners are still concentrating on the Wellard Arms transport, which is now trailing smoke from one wing.

Foehammer: "We're hit! Engine fire!"
AWOL: "Firing the extinguishers...phew, it's out."
Foehammer: "We're down to 80% engine power sir."

Meanwhile, your two NCOs have ordered everyone down onto the ground, and are despartely trying to drive them toward carrying out your orders. You spot Sergeant Miles bawling orders at Tank and Earz, who pull themselves into crouching positions and start letting off EAC rounds while Susi crawls up toward it, inching her way forward, time charge in hand. Meanwhile, Sergeant Stone has managed to organise the rest of your forces into returning fire at the infantry swarming out of the barracks.

Stone: "Sir, we have to find cover or else we're all gonna' end up dead."

Now on the ground, you can see six AA batteries, each with a light AAA gun manned by three crewmen, in a ring that surrounds you. They are connected by trenches to eachother and to the cluster of buildings about 200 metres to the east. Each artillery emplacement is dug in to the ground and fortified with sandbags. The gunners are armed and, seeing as these are guerillas with limited manpower, probably regulars drafted into artillery rather than anything else.
*Crazy looked from his crouched position, through the scope on his EAC rifle, at each of the AA guns and Artillery Empacements. Crazy glanced up into the sky, where the dark shadow of the transport plane was disappearing into the night*

"All right Foehammer. Take up a high altitude orbit of the airfield. If you need to head home, but stay as long as you can. And keep away from the AA guns till we've got them taken out"

Foehammer: "Roger that Captain. Holding position over the airfield."

"All right guys and gals. Looks like that wasn't such a bad landing. Bravo squad, take down those artillery guns anyway you can. Take them over or kill them! Alpha squad, you're with me. We're going to take down the AA guns. Fireteam Alpha, let me know when you have arrived. Lieutenant Remmington, see if you can send the co-ordinates of the artillery. Get them to fire on the Barracks and any troop defences"

"Righto Capt. I'm on it."

"Fireteam Charlie, move forward towards the base. Find some cover near the edge and wait for further orders. You'll be moving in soon enough"

*Crazy took a glance around. He could see some muzzle flashes from some of the guerillia troops. But not much yet. They were still getting organised.*

"All right. Alpha Squad. We're going to take those trenches and get those AA guns free for Susie to play with. Titan, move forward. Drop some 'nades from that ole launcher of yours. Clear us a path into the trench. The rest of you, give some covering fire and prepare to drop in.
Mutty boy. See if you can get that big bundle of stuff on your back tuned into the enemy comms. Listen in and try to disrupt their communication network"

*The squad, all lieing down, took up a semi-circular position around Titan, who was crouching and aiming his little 'toy'. The air was filled with tiny clicks, as the EAC rifles pumped out rounds at the muzzle flashes of the guerillia infantry, who so nicly gave away their positions while trying to locate Crazy's troops.*

*Titan gave two clicks on the comm, and Alpha squad shut their eyes. Eight high explosive grenades bounced into the trenches connecting the AA guns. Each grenade was a couple of meters apart. They all exploded nearly similtaniously. The sky was lit up briefly as the grenades exploded. Then the squad moved. Not to where the grenades had been, but on either side of where there was now a large mess from where they had all landed. Hightower was first into the trench, with his mini-gun all ready to fire. He was closely followed by Sergeant Miles and the two regulars. Mutt and Titan then followed, with Titan just finishing reloading. Crazy was last in, scanning along the trench for any movemet. The squad were all space out, with a three meter gap between each man. With Hightower leading, with his Mini-gun, and the rest of the squad covering him and each other, they made their way towards the nearest of the AA guns*

*Bravo squad, having the task of taking out three well defended Artillery guns, slowly made their way towards their targets. With Alpha squad making quite a loud rukus, they were currently being ignored for the most part. Sergeant Stone lead his men, crawling, towards the artillery guns, using the cover of darkness to his advantage. As they neared the Artillery guns, Detritus gave three clicks on the comm, indicating that their anti-tank rifle was now in range of the guns. The Sarge quietly ordered a halt and the men spread out, training their guns on the artillery crews. Detritus gave another click, telling that his gun was loaded and aimed. The sarge gave two clicks back, and all the squad fired. Bullets pinged off the Artillery guns, and the men manning them. The Sarge, the two regulars and the techy opened fire on two of the Artillery guns, causing their crews to duck, or get shot. Rock and Detritus fired at the other gun. Their anti-tank rifle bucked as the first shot fired off. The loud 'crack' of the gun echoed through the moutain air, as the special bullet slammed into the Artillery gun, aimmed for the ammo. If the first shot didn't manage to at least disable the gun, then more would follow.*

*Just after the loud 'crack' from the anti-tank rifle echoed through the air-field, it was shortly followed by an explosion, as the first of the motar shells started landing near the front door of the barracks.*

- - - - - - - - - - -

Alpha Squad:
Capt. Crazy
Alpha Squad:
Sergeant John Miles
Privates Tanya, Tresky (Regulars)
Privates ‘Hightower’, ‘Titan’ (Heavy Weapons)
Private Mutt (Comms)

Bravo Squad:
Sergeant Marcus Stone
Privates Sarah, Percy (Regulars)
Privates ‘Rock’, ‘Detritus’ (Heavy Weapons)
Private ‘Gear’ (Tech)

Charlie Squad:
Fireteams Alpha + Bravo

Fireteam Alpha:
Privates 'Nightshade', 'Schatten' and Private First Class 'Sombra'

Fireteam Bravo:
Privates Manscuro, Tekka, West, Thompson, Jiles and Private First Class Tali

Fireteam Charlie:
Lance Corporal Garrad, Privates Hazzal, Mike, Jenkins

Fireteam Delta:
Privates ‘Little Susie’, Tank, Earz

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!

Last edited by Crazyboy; 27 Oct 2003 at 16:41.
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 15:05   #121
No Dachi

All
DMing either today or tomorrow. I'm inclined to wait untill Inspectre posts. Fluffie and Crazy are now both fully up-to-date.

Unread 28 Oct 2003, 15:28   #122
flapjack
crashed computer

well, if we have to wait for inspectre to post, we'll still be waiting next year

go and DM !!

Unread 28 Oct 2003, 15:55   #123
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Yay me and Crazy
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 17:09   #124
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

/ooc Yeah . . . sure. He can be on one of the cloaked gunships or something, watching via camera. ooc/

Jake takes in all of the information, and quickly shifts through it. A minute later, Jake has made his decision, and relays it to his subordinates.

"Alright everyone, it looks like we'll have to hit them hard, and hit them fast. Nerd, I want you to try to slip through their trenches undetected while we make a sh*tload of noise and keep them busy. Fix-It, give him a couple of your demo charges. If you manage to get through to the real part of the enemy's base, Nerd, use those to take out gun nests and vehicles. But don't push your luck . . . I don't want to have to try saving your sorry *ss on top of killing every single Earth sonofab*tch in this base. Now go . . . we'll start the attack in exactly five minutes."

After Nerd slinks off, Jake turns back to the rest of his Company. "Alright, Ghost, you follow at a distance and start picking those jack*sses off one at a time. Bear, you'll lead, and just mow the f***ers down with your mini-gun. Aristocat and I will follow closely behind you. Fix-It, you'll bring up our rear, followed of course by Ghost. We'll try to keep to the trenches as much as possible, since they might have the open spaces mined. AND, they're a bit more unlikely to start firing heavy artillery down into their own trenches just to kill a couple infiltrators. Alright, when I say go we'll start the attack."

Jake waits until his timer indicates the five minutes he gave Nerd had passed, and then he nodded. "Alright, move out!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 12:38   #125
No Dachi

All
Unless hell freezes over, this will be DMed tomorrow.

Unread 31 Oct 2003, 16:09   #126
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

anyone want to bet hell'll freeze over?
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 16:30   #127
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
anyone want to bet hell'll freeze over?
*ND continues pouring vast quantities of liquid nitrogen down a hole in the ground*

Unread 31 Oct 2003, 17:14   #128
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Fair enough. I (personally) wouldn't find it all that interesitng, but every man to his own, I guess. You'll be delayed by two days to allow for Robertson to infiltrate the guerillas' base.

Day Three

Xelath Ranii

Hewitt
At last, you are in the ****pit of your Thoran Engineering Vulture HGAF bomber, seated in the bombadier's position behind Jack, who is pilotting. The Company said its goodbyes to Robertson almost straight away as he was taken back into orbit by one of the shuttles, and then 'smuggled' into the guerillas' areas by a freelance trader who knew where the proper money was. Presently you are in the bomber and heading toward the village at high speed. Once near the village, you'll have to act fast, since the range of Robertson's APCom means that you'll only have three minutes of communication before you're likely to be detected b whatever sensors equipment the guerillas have set up.

Jack: "Estimated time untill we're in coms range is three minutes and counting, Hewitt. You got a plan? If so, now's the time to tell me so that I can alter my approach."

Jack is flying the Vulture low to pass under any long-range sensor screens that the guerillas might have up. Earth Military's intelligence informs you that there are no enemy air elements in the area to threaten the Vulture's safety, but Robertson wasn't there to verify these claims...
[ooc] No no no... here, look...

*Hewitt grabs his 'commander' character and switches it's place with the 'pilot' NPC.*

There we go. My plane, mine to control. Now where were we...[/ooc]

*Hewitt looks back at Jack from the front seat in the streamlined Vulture.*

Hewitt: Yeah I got a plan... when Robertson confirms the site of the target, we give him two minutes to get the hell out of there and then we blow to place to hell...

Good plan eh?

Jack: Remind me to never let you convince me to act as one of your scouts in future.

Hewitt: Not ever?

Jack: Not ever.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 16:03   #129
flapjack
crashed computer

i guess hell froze over

*flapjack pours liquid napalm then a hole in the ground, then lights it*

there, that should unfreeze it

Unread 1 Nov 2003, 16:09   #130
No Dachi

Quote:
i guess hell froze over

*flapjack pours liquid napalm then a hole in the ground, then lights it*

there, that should unfreeze it
It's 3 PM here in the UK, whiney fool. As it happens, you and Zappa are being DMed as I type this. As it ahppens, your whiney posting slowed me down. Hope you're happy.

Unread 1 Nov 2003, 16:31   #131
No Dachi

All
Zappa is the first to get into actual combat. Here on I'll be trying out a variety of different approaches to combat, bear with me and I'll ahve one finalised by the second missions.

Cortana IV

Flapjack
You order Dot to take the lights out.

Dot: "Roger that sir, can't see a generator, probably belowground, so I'll have to shoot the bulbs out."

Next thing you know, you hear a whining noise as the bullet ricochets off the metal frame of the lamp, followed by a tinkling noise as the shattered glass falls to the floor. Since there are no less than six lights shining brightly down on the ground, it takes Dot a while to take them all out. And by the time he's done, you get the impression that the people in the base know something is up. You can hear alarm klaxons wailing from inside, and motors starting up. Porbably sending out a motorised patrol. Re-activating your thermal goggles, you move out from the undergrowth into the open ground, ordering the others to follow you. You end up at the base of the wall, out of sight from anyone on top of it, and undetected as far as you can tell.

Dot: "They're goin' ape-**** down there Captain, but I can't see exactly what they're doing."

Zappa
You order Jonathon to open up on the enemy gunners.

Jonathon: "Yes sir, targetting the heavy laser gunners."

Another laser bolt slams into the gorund next to the AFV, which swerves away from the blast, bits of shrapnel and dirt bouncing off its armoured chasis. That's the last bolt, however. Saloman reports what he sees through the gunner's sights.

Saloman: "Looks like the laser gunners are having a spot of sniper-related bother, sir, they're relocating."
Jonathon: "The laser gunners have switched position, or are doing it as we speak; I can't see them. Switching fire to the AAA Gunners."

Meanwhile, Jeffrey slams on the breaks and the hovering AFV comes to a dead stop in less than a second.

Jeffrey: "Sarah, Chris, Kerrigan, out!"

The three soldiers in question launch themselves out of the open back door, Jeffrey accelerates forward without closing it. Before stopping again and dropping off Jack, Morrigan and Percival. Finally, after another sharp drive forward, he drops off you, Jean and Collin.

Jeffrey: "Affraid I couldn't drop you off unseen sir, it's an open field. Best I could do was put you in drainage ditches. Starting to draw fire now, sir, good luck."

Indeed, you now find yourself in a drainage ditch, more or less in cover from all the smallarms fire whining through the air above you. Everybody already has their orders, so you're free to watch them carry said orders out. Chris and Kerrigan start off by launching themselves out of their ditch with incredible speed, consdering the weight of their armour, and going prone in one of the craters left by the laser blasts. Setting up their HMG, they start laying down a hail of fire on the troops around the AAA guns, and you see several defending troops go down. Sarah follows quickly, jumping into the crated behind them. Jack, however, isn't so keen on his orders.

Jack: "Have ye lost yer mind sir? I can't sneak anywhere in this tin can."

He has a point. Sneaking of any kind is very difficult in heavy power armour. You might have to change your plan. Everything else, though, seems to be working fine. Jean and Collin form up behind you, and together you go over the top and start tearing toward the enemy troops, who have now mostly dropped into drainage ditches themselves for cover. Together you tear across the open ground toward the house. Presently, Jean is thrown off his feet with a cry, flat onto his back on the floor. You and Collin hit the dirt.

Collin: "Jean! You okay buddy?"
Jean: "Yeah, I'm fine. Think it was only a ricochet, chest plate stopped it."
Collin: "Sir! Heavy fire form the house, we're pinned down!"

At this point, though, you hear a roar of engines, followed by a whining noise. You see the shape of a Condor GAF streak overhead, followed by tracer fire from the AAA guns, and the top half of the house explodes into flame.

Miles: "Primary attack run complete, I can make three more before I need to rearm. Out of AA range...now. Only took light fire."

Unread 1 Nov 2003, 20:32   #132
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack tells boomer to plant a small explosive, just large enough to blow a sizeable hole in the wall, with a timer*

*when boomer finishes setting the device the whole group retreats to beyond the blast range, boomer having set the timer plentifully long enough to allow them to walk around towards the main entrance*

*when the explosive goes off this should, if all goes as planned, attract a lot of attention, Dot, scope, boomer and flapjack himself will then open fire on the gaurds at the main entrance (if there aren't a whole lot around, if there are, we'll just wait and see) to get them a way in*

Unread 2 Nov 2003, 13:30   #133
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Quote:
You order Jonathon to open up on the enemy gunners.

Jonathon: "Yes sir, targetting the heavy laser gunners."

Another laser bolt slams into the gorund next to the AFV, which swerves away from the blast, bits of shrapnel and dirt bouncing off its armoured chasis. That's the last bolt, however. Saloman reports what he sees through the gunner's sights.

Saloman: "Looks like the laser gunners are having a spot of sniper-related bother, sir, they're relocating."
Jonathon: "The laser gunners have switched position, or are doing it as we speak; I can't see them. Switching fire to the AAA Gunners."

Meanwhile, Jeffrey slams on the breaks and the hovering AFV comes to a dead stop in less than a second.

Jeffrey: "Sarah, Chris, Kerrigan, out!"

The three soldiers in question launch themselves out of the open back door, Jeffrey accelerates forward without closing it. Before stopping again and dropping off Jack, Morrigan and Percival. Finally, after another sharp drive forward, he drops off you, Jean and Collin.

Jeffrey: "Affraid I couldn't drop you off unseen sir, it's an open field. Best I could do was put you in drainage ditches. Starting to draw fire now, sir, good luck."

Indeed, you now find yourself in a drainage ditch, more or less in cover from all the smallarms fire whining through the air above you. Everybody already has their orders, so you're free to watch them carry said orders out. Chris and Kerrigan start off by launching themselves out of their ditch with incredible speed, consdering the weight of their armour, and going prone in one of the craters left by the laser blasts. Setting up their HMG, they start laying down a hail of fire on the troops around the AAA guns, and you see several defending troops go down. Sarah follows quickly, jumping into the crated behind them. Jack, however, isn't so keen on his orders.

Jack: "Have ye lost yer mind sir? I can't sneak anywhere in this tin can."

He has a point. Sneaking of any kind is very difficult in heavy power armour. You might have to change your plan. Everything else, though, seems to be working fine. Jean and Collin form up behind you, and together you go over the top and start tearing toward the enemy troops, who have now mostly dropped into drainage ditches themselves for cover. Together you tear across the open ground toward the house. Presently, Jean is thrown off his feet with a cry, flat onto his back on the floor. You and Collin hit the dirt.

Collin: "Jean! You okay buddy?"
Jean: "Yeah, I'm fine. Think it was only a ricochet, chest plate stopped it."
Collin: "Sir! Heavy fire form the house, we're pinned down!"

At this point, though, you hear a roar of engines, followed by a whining noise. You see the shape of a Condor GAF streak overhead, followed by tracer fire from the AAA guns, and the top half of the house explodes into flame.

Miles: "Primary attack run complete, I can make three more before I need to rearm. Out of AA range...now. Only took light fire."
sry, forgot to check equipments :eek:

*tap* Jonathan, we need those AAA down, ASAP

Jack, sry, my bad, take Morrigan and Percival, and head for the east side of the battlefield, kill those who oppose you, keep to trenches and craters, and get inside of the town, then find that gen and kill him, or imprison... would be fine too

alright, lads, we're gonna lure the enemy away from the east side...

*looks about*

if we're most to the east of the scene:
we're gonna start blasting our guns, and head west. those that don't flee west, as in away from the east, die

if we're more to the west of the scene:
primairy target: goons on the eastern front

if we're about centre:
see more to west

Miles: keep in touch with Jonathan, have him warn you when the AAA's have been dealth with. meanwhile, try destroying some more foes that have been dug in, but avoid AA fire

the others know what to do, so keep on doing it, ya hear?

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 15:46   #134
No Dachi

Ullanor

PK
Barker and Jaeger agree to their orders.

Barker: "I'll do what I can, sir."
Jaeger: [/i]"Roger that, sir, holding position here."[/i]

You order Paradim to stay at the Bridge and feed you whatever information he can.

Paradim: "Affirmative, sir, the crew just sealed the bridge off anyway."

Presently you order Zepher to take you to the two crewmen, who are standing near one of the doors and looking slightly nervous. You spot one of them with Able Seaman's stripes and, with him being senior, ask him what they want.

Able Seaman: "Forgive the disturbance, sir, but the captain saw your names on the passengers list and told us to press-gang you into action. He's promised a reward. Think he said 8,000 C plus whatever's useful that you can find in the hold or on the pirates. You'll get payed whether or not we're successful, he says, but if we aren't then we'll probably all be dead anyway."

Cortana IV

Fluffie
Neo nods, though you can't see this from where you are, and obediantly stows the sensor balloon in some kind of satchel.

Neo: "Stowed away, sir, holding position."

Presently you group the remaining combat troops into Firegroups, putting Hansson in charge of one and Timothy in charge of the second. This done, you order Hansson's Firegroup around to the right, and Timothy's to the left. You order them to move out.

Hansson: "Yes sir, Firegroup A, on me..."
Timothy: "Roger that sir. Firegroup B follow me, stay sharp..."

You then tell Sabre to give the co-ordinates of the three targets to Morpheus as soon as he's done identifying them. Sabre doesn't make any kind of acknowledgement, but knowing him as reliable you assume he's getting on with it. Ordering the tech group to hold position (it would help if you put one of the techies in charge of the others), you move to find yourself a good sniper spot. You settle into position on top of a ridge, on the right side of the field and on the verge of the woods. You can see several of the enemy troops still moving about in the trenches, apparently still unaware of your presence.

Hansson: "Sir, Firegorup A in position on right flank, awaiting your order to attack."
Timothy: "Sir, Firegroup B in position and awaiting the order to attack."
Morpheus: "Sir, got all the co-ordinates I need from Sabre, awaiting orders."

Unread 2 Nov 2003, 17:35   #135
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

"Excellent. They'll regret messing with the Phoenix Core's transport."

*He grins, then checks the charge on his weapon.*

"Good, full. Right, we need to know what we've got. Magrath, get down to the hold with Quiver. Salvage whatever you can that's useful, but be quick. Crewman, besides us, what resources are available. Also, where are they likely to be boarding?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2003, 18:58   #136
flapjack
crashed computer

so, is this thread now officially permanently dead?

Unread 28 Dec 2003, 19:40   #137
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

stfu n00b
Unread 28 Dec 2003, 19:44   #138
No Dachi

Quote:
so, is this thread now officially permanently dead?
You're an idiot.

Unread 28 Dec 2003, 21:29   #139
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

no no, the thing i said damnit.
way cooler
Unread 28 Dec 2003, 22:13   #140
No Dachi

Mine will help him prevent further idiocy, since he'll know he's an idiot. Yours just told him to shut up. Therefore, mine is er.

Unread 28 Dec 2003, 22:16   #141
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

mix 'em together and you get the bestest one !

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 28 Dec 2003, 22:21   #142
No Dachi

You mean something like:

stfu idiot, you're a noob.

?

Unread 28 Dec 2003, 22:26   #143
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

stfu n00b, you're an idiot!

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 10:38   #144
No Dachi

Hay guys...
I'm considering reviving this thread

Who'd be interested in carrying on?

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 11:06   #145
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

well duh

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 11:25   #146
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

me me me me me me me me me me me mem em em ememememememmememememememmememememememememmeme
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 11:25   #147
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

if you start off with DMing me, by all means, revive this!

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 12:12   #148
No Dachi

Three people isn't quite enough :/

A few things for you to consider in the meantime:

1) Should I restart the thread? I plan to continue on from where you are at the moment either way, but restarting the thread could attract some new people, and would make new rule changes more obvious.
2) Transport Fees - I plan to change the way these are handled. At present they rather dissallow anyone to field the mass conscript type force I was talking about at some earlier point, and discourage you from investing in vehicles and such.
3) Starships - I plan to add these
4) Define factions more clearly, add in Infamy and Honour systems (in effect, a kind of alignment scheme).

Any other suggestions/improvements?

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 12:21   #149
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

I'm sure PK and Hewitt will come back too
Give them longer than just a couple of hours to log on and stuff

And I don't know about restarting... I like my troops the way they are now, but some minor improvements could be made to them. I just lack money
Having to restart also means having to work through the [bad word] load of stats again, but... That's fun too. At least for me.

Transport Fees. Yeah. Well, I don't know again. It makes stuff more realistic if we're going to be doing stuff on our own (which I doubt) and maybe if you're working for factions who don't have their own means of transportation and stuff. But if you work for something big, like the military, wouldn't they provide freighters or something you could at least hitch a ride on?
And vehicles... A tad expensive in the beginning anyhow. At least, if you want your stuff to be all Military-Grade, like me

Starships - Either have us steal one or wait for us to buy them... Because like, you don't want us too powerful

Factions. Let me think about that.

Ho ho ho.
Fluffie's two (euro )cents.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 12:44   #150
No Dachi

'I plan to continue on from where you are at the moment either way' - meaning that if I do restart the thread, I'll still be picking up from where we left off, with you attacking the AAA batteries and such. It's more of a shallow ploy to attract new interest.

Anyone else in favour of me toning down vehicle prices and such?