User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 18 Oct 2007, 15:50   #1
[ND]Kar

[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice
New XP idea

As everyone knows, eXi has had r23 won for most of the round, and not only are they ahead, but they are almost double the score of the #2 alliance. So I don't know if this would work or not, but I had the idea of keeping all original XP factors in play, as well as additional xp if you land on a planet who is in an alliance ranked higher than your own. The amount of xp is debatable, but the idea itself, in my opinion, would prompt alliances to go into more alliance battles. It would give planets more incentive to hit the "big guys", as well as making it harder to retain the #1 alliance position (as you would of course not get the alliance xp factor, since you cannot hit a planet in an alliance higher than your own). Overall I just think it would make alliance play more competitive.

Thoughts?
For me
And I'm Feeling Good
[ND]Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2007, 15:56   #2
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: New XP idea

What XP would a planet without an alliance get?
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2007, 17:25   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

The idea in principle sounds interesting. In terms of what an out of tag person would get, I would say nothing, or a small fixed amount. Since the game is really designed to be played in an ally, there should be no or little bonus for being outside of an ally.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2007, 18:58   #4
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

I'd personally like to see other XP modifiers. Attack a planet in a galaxy on your own or with someone else and get more XP, but if a galaxy is under heavy attack with 5-10+ attackers then the attack could be considered too easy and not reward any extra XP. Same thing could apply to attacking an alliance if they aren't under heavy attack and let attackers slip through.

This could certainly be applied with other bonuses to make XP a bit more difficult to calculate to exact numbers along with rewarding real risk.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2007, 19:10   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

If they are gonna keep xp, they should get xp if they are in an alliance or not.
Some of us think the current alliances are crap, thus play without one.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2007, 19:40   #6
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

but you're a whiney faggot in the end AF
Unread 18 Oct 2007, 19:44   #7
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

i like it

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2007, 22:35   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It seems like a good idea; its in tune with other limiting factors in the game.

I wonder - would the amount of the XP gain for hitting a planet of another alliance depend on the relative difference between that alliance and yours (eg, with exi being 2* the next most, that would result in twice as much XP from that modifer than if Exi was only marginally ahead)??

I like!
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 09:46   #9
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
The idea in principle sounds interesting. In terms of what an out of tag person would get, I would say nothing, or a small fixed amount. Since the game is really designed to be played in an ally, there should be no or little bonus for being outside of an ally.

I think this game should be trying to pull away from the fact we rely on our allys constantly.
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 11:42   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
I think this game should be trying to pull away from the fact we rely on our allys constantly.
Agree 100%. I'm still hoping to see a round with no eta bonus for alliances def...
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 18:57   #11
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

So... 1-man alliance tags FTW? i don't like this idea.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 01:30   #12
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

no, alliances would still be used for scans, attacks, def (without eta bonus)... maybe that would mean that allies fill buddy packs with 5 members to make sure the gal def is there... it would make it a gal fight again
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 13:07   #13
[ND]Balor

[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about

I like Kar's idea. And I like Kar.
[ND]Balor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 13:10   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Might lead to alliances not tagging up till very late. That I see as the only problem.
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 14:16   #15
[ND]Balor

[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about

Is alliances tagging late a huge problem? I am not saying it isn't, I just don't know how the benefits/problems balance out. Makes it hard to know who is pwning for pe0ns like me who don't analyze things all too often.
[ND]Balor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 14:25   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Alliances tagging late makes this idea useless. You're still an idiot.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 19:54   #17
[ND]Kar

[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice

You would need to have an alliance to get the XP bonus, so I don't see how tagging late would do much. And NitinA, 1 man tagging could be a problem, but if you were to do that you would rely solely on your galaxy, which I think few people could do and pull off well without getting bashed by everyone else. It would take far more XP then I am talking about adding for that to be worthwhile.
For me
And I'm Feeling Good
[ND]Kar is offline   Reply With Quote