User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 24 Jul 2004, 02:37   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
So many fools...

This community must be more then stupid!

Sid turns up and gathers the “cream” of players into a new alliance….
He fools the rest by telling everyone not to make big coalitions….

The political team of 1up has been onboard this forum all the time telling everyone to play along and you the rest have followed…..

Now you stand far behind and can’t do anything about it!

I wonder how/what needs to be said to get you all to wake up….or is it to late..?

(And to KJ…….I told you so….)
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 03:09   #2
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: So many fools...

wow , another 1up scandal :/
we missed that especially after the whole community was focused on the BBW affair.
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 03:19   #3
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Wow, the first intelligent answer with a twist to this thread…
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 03:30   #4
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Blacknova is an unknown quantity at this point

*yawns* Seems like the trolling has started again... Just when you think the boards have settled down we're back here :|

Nova
Blacknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 05:27   #5
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

I fully agree. Sid and crew knew they would be hunted dogs before the beginning of the round, so the only way to even the playing field and have a shot was to play the no block game. It has worked quite well, and mainly because the other alliances are far too prideful to go against Sid's request for alliances not to block. There is still time to do something about it, but from what I see it all is happening like the past when furgion ruled and exactly how sid and crew want it to at the moment.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 05:31   #6
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If only any of you could see what's happening inside the game er guys ?

0 <- This is a loop, none of you are in it.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 06:34   #7
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Wow, the first intelligent answer with a twist to this thread…

your so boring :/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 06:50   #8
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Ive never understood why it is that the people who dont know shit always feel such a great need to prove it.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 10:19   #9
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
If only any of you could see what's happening inside the game er guys ?

0 <- This is a loop, none of you are in it.
can i use it as a hula hoop plz

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 11:33   #10
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Whereas PaX.5 was so much more fun with FPM spanking everyone?

Barrow's observations in another post may go to help prove this. Many are trying to outgrow 1up, rather than hit 1up instead...

If an alliance with an equal (or even, greater) number of people can't beat 1up on a head-to-head battle, then 1up DESERVE to be top. If said alliance isn't strong enough to beat 1up, and needs to block to smash 1up down (say a 100 alliance, an 80 alliance and a 70 alliance), then ends up with teh 100 player alliance being top, even though they couldn't beat 1up in a direct fight, then they don't deserve to be there.

Maybe this doesn't apply as much now, but at the beginning of the game, VsN, LCH and 1up were all in a position of equal numbers. The most skilled would generally come out on top...
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 12:22   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

MororX, stop making a fool of yourself. You're the one who posted these "let's quit PA and cheer for 1up BEFORE the fking round has started" posts. You were the one who didn't wanna play and wanted to give up before the round has started.

Before the round, 1up had pretty high chances but so had other alliances, even my own. 1up just succeeded where other alliances failed. They simply deserve to be up there and tbh, it has NOTHING to do with player quality (as in being more intelligent or skilled) or how divine their presence are ...
It's about activity, dedication and loyalty. Something 1up scores high on.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 14:52   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

So basically the situation is liek "1up took my candy, so now instead of trying to get it back, I`m going to whine to my mummy about it and try to get her to spank them in a double team effort as my e-penis isn`t big enough to slap them alone so I need to borrow my mummy`s to help me! "

how cute.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 15:07   #13
Axis_WLF

Who said I was not playing heh?
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 15:27   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1up have shown they are the best alliance - they've played extremely extremely well, playing with guile, stamina and strategy. I doubt it would be so easy with more blocking around for them. I for one suspect that 2 3 and 4 are cooperating - the question is are they doing it in the "all for one, one for all" way as it once was. I'd either expect they aren't good enough, or aren't cooperating to the required level they need to as 1up have hardly been sent to the stoneage as a result of their efforts - experience suggests it might be a bit of both.

I certainly think this 'no blocking' stuff where politics takes more of a back seat has contributed quite a bit to their success, but to deny them any credit for the way they've played this round just because there is no blocks is silly - they have played to excellent standards this round in places. Whether their proposal has resulted in more entertainment or indeed had any value in the first place is another debate.

I believe the only way to beat 1up at this point in time is for someone of great ability to step up to the plate, bang a few heads together and go for it. Whether there is anyone with the power/will to do so I don't know.

and lo shak btw
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 15:59   #15
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Sid turns up and gathers the “cream” of players into a new alliance….
He fools the rest by telling everyone not to make big coalitions….
I think most people were quite aware of this tbh, that if blocks didnt form then the best alliance was more likely to win. As it was the accepted assumption that 1up had the most active and dedicated memberbase, their #1 rank doesnt surprise anybody! Although i think the community may be surprised that you think we all werent aware of this?

Quote:
The political team of 1up has been onboard this forum all the time telling everyone to play along and you the rest have followed…..
Not that ADs should be takin seriously, i agree that some of 1ups consistent forum team have been kinder annoying tbh but their reasoning is something most of us wanted. We all wanted/ want a blockless round and we've pretty much gotten it? (although rumours suggest otherwise, ive even been told there is a HR one about too hehe?)

I've intentionally ignored the last part as it would be even more rediculous to reply to, then what i've done so far;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 17:24   #16
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I believe the only way to beat 1up at this point in time is for someone of great ability to step up to the plate, bang a few heads together and go for it. Whether there is anyone with the power/will to do so I don't know.

and lo shak btw
Up steps super forest, who can take down alliances with a single bound.

Hes strong hes efficient, hes the na for the job, hes, umm, err, bugger, gotta sit this one out im afraid :/

Just wnated to say though, why do a lot of ppl think 1up are winning cause of no blocks. Do ppl not think Sid and Co, if it went to blocks, couldnt find enough allies to win that way?

I for one think that the lack of whining lately on these forums, show waht a success this round has been for most concerned, and that an awful lot of alliances can call themselves winners, due to the amount of fun to be had by all.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 17:46   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

one more thing to MotoX, why are we fools because 1up is winning? They deserve it, some/most predicted they would yet that doesn't change shit really. There are no words that could describe your stupidity.

Iraq knew they'd lose aswell, so are they the idiots now for losing? Ulrich knew he wouldn't win the "Tour De France", is he an idiot for not winning it now? Those that left after 2 weeks and not tried to finish, THOSE are the losers. Are all pple that are not the best at something idiots now just because they knew before that they wouldn't be the best at it?

This is just a game, in every game, there's only one winner and a bunch of pple not winning. Players are no losers or fools just for trying.

Lokken finally, 1up did outplay each and every alliance on any terittory and tactic and strategy, pity they also had the worst AD posters and additude (this is a personal opinion based on the posts I've seen from 1up pple during the past 2 months). Without that, it would only be better. Thank god, Sid managed to get some of their posters to stop posting.

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Jul 2004, 18:38   #18
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I'm quite sure the whole universe is aware of the current 'situation', there may be some stupid individuals playing this game, but I'm sure they're able to click the universe screen and hit alliances.

And to reply to lokken, I don't think there's any big scale blocking going on, might be one or two raids being done by two alliances at the same time, but but while writing this I don't know of any blocking happening on a large scale.

Though I must say I'm impressed by the dedication shown by alot of our members.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 21:22   #19
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

1up deserve to be top plain and simple, they had the best strategy/plan and played it right....

If it wasnt for some of their antics on the boards by certain members then id even say they played a near perfect round. This is all my opinion of course

To MoToX: If your so intelligent then why don't you start your own alliance and come beat 1up because you all you ever do is criticise others for not doing something, even though you, yourself are doing f*ck all about it too..oh wait
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 23:43   #20
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road

the interesting part of those games is not that the best alliance wins, that would be boring what made it allways interesting that also the "best" ones had to fight and even do a bit more to end at the top and that also other alliances could "win" which might not be considered the best.
U are all allways talking about skill etc. but if that would be all what matters we could have a member list of all alliances and then decide the winner.
Its no wonder at that 1up is at top anything else with such a political setup would have been a surprise.
I am now also curious what now will or should happen. Will u repeat this now everyone round where (good) players know they just have to join the "best" alliance, wont this effect smaller and mid sized alliance more cause it makes a good perfomance in such an alliance even harder and impossible to win a round in such an alliance?
Personaly i think that ppl often blame blocks for a lot of things which are nature of the game but forgot the positive sides of them.
Anyways for me this whole round was quite boring, a roid race, which was pretty much decided from day 1, together with the fact that i got a galaxy which means nothing to me (no the galaxy was decent but being together with some smurfs and having no connection to them makes the galaxy not more to some coords for me) and an round without real "enemy" and just stupid daily "raiding" instead of real wars (no this stuff all alliances had was no war).
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 23:55   #21
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are you people talking like the round is over and 1up has already won? Yes, it started quite boring politically (at least it seems that way: I don't know exactly what happened behind the scenes), but the round isn't over yet.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 00:08   #22
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Ive never understood why it is that the people who dont know shit always feel such a great need to prove it.
Because it's part of the game. It's fun. Discussing alliances is necessarily a partial information situation. If you think being wrong on AD is some sort of sin, how about you **** off and leave us to it? Hell, people come here to be wrong on purpose.

Yours and Hicks' post are both typical of 1up's this round: arrogant and condescending. Nothing wrong with this, but at the very least you should understand how poorly it reflects upon your alliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
Who said I was not playing heh?
No one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Up steps super forest, who can take down alliances with a single bound.
Sorry, that's Zhil, not you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinad
I am now also curious what now will or should happen. Will u repeat this now everyone round where (good) players know they just have to join the "best" alliance, wont this effect smaller and mid sized alliance more cause it makes a good perfomance in such an alliance even harder and impossible to win a round in such an alliance?
Or perhaps many rounds of blocks and private galaxies have bred a lot of 'soft' players that need to shape up and do more than launch a few fleets every day to win? People seem to be complaining that 1up has won because they have the best players. WHAT THE ****? Being a good player is not some sort of magic situation you are born into. Go hug a newbie, you damned Spinner-wannabes.

Last edited by Jester; 25 Jul 2004 at 00:25.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 00:23   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
There's nothing really "stupid" about losing. Someone asks for a fair fight, you give them it, you lose. Better luck next time.

If the only way you can win is by blocking then perhaps some of those alliances would prefer to come 2nd? How is that "stupid"?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:03   #24
MotoX
Stolen

Still fools are we?

We all knew they had the best setup ever – players/command staff etc ect…. And some of us came here and told you so!?

But no no you believed you could beat them one to one…. And still you come here and try to justify your actions???? How stupid you all look now!

Yes it’s not over yet but everyone is to proud to ever consider joining forces or yet have the skills to put 1up down!

No matter what, people will still get online to justify why they chose this losing path and why they lost, but remember; many alliance members will not cope with incompetent staff and change beliefs faster then…..

To post here is not to win an argument it’s to point out a special point of view, so please keep it clean.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:09   #25
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
There's nothing really "stupid" about losing. Someone asks for a fair fight, you give them it, you lose. Better luck next time.
There is no fair fights in planetarion, and its certainly not how you win. Do you think the big alliances ever played that way? Didnt we all know who would win r5?

Axis post is the winner in this thread.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:30   #26
MotoX
Stolen

Just stating the obvious:
Why 1up aren’t hitting LCH that hard and how to stop that coalition, right? If not I will spell it out in public… LCH do have old TOT members and TOT HC:s in their member base and Sid have more then a friendly past with those characters…

Yes my Intel sucks but still…
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:36   #27
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why 1up aren’t hitting LCH that hard and how to stop that coalition, right? If not I will spell it out in public… LCH do have old TOT members and TOT HC:s in their member base and Sid have more then a friendly past with those characters…
This is wrong. It's a plausible situation, but it is still wrong.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:38   #28
MotoX
Stolen

what is wrong?
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 02:00   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
There is no fair fights in planetarion, and its certainly not how you win.
Well, this depends on what you mean by 'fair' of course. Certainly, almost all fights are unbalanced. One alliance is bigger/better than another. So on that level it's not fair. I don't consider that what this thread is talking about though (in terms of fairness).
Quote:
Didnt we all know who would win r5?
Yes indeed. But that was two blocks fighting each other. Sure, they weren't fairly balanced blocks, but there was a fair fight between them nonetheless. One just hammered the other one due to size (and an element of skill of course...) Either block could have got more allies at any time, there was no set restriction on either side. If both sides had agreed to only have 500 members in their block, and one alliance chose to have 1000 [i]that[/i[ would be unfair.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 02:01   #30
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
what is wrong?
That 1up is avoiding LCH because Sid has 'old friends there.' It's incorrect, but a natural assumption given the situation.

Last edited by Jester; 25 Jul 2004 at 02:09.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 02:47   #31
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
That 1up is avoiding LCH because Sid has 'old friends there.' It's incorrect, but a natural assumption given the situation.

Sorry to disappoint you but one are top 5 planet and that aren’t cos he is just beautiful..
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 02:59   #32
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you but one is a top 5 planet and that isn’t because he is beautiful..
What's your point? That 1up haven't won yet?
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 03:26   #33
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Yes my Intel sucks but still…
Ill let you in on a secret, many alliances have former ToT members, officers, some even hc's.
No shit sherlock, they disbanded !

Again what does this prove ?
P.S. if you make a smart conspiracy, make one which atleast stands the first glance, most ToT hc you are talking about, were not even ToT hc/command the last round Sid actively played with ToT command. So any uber longlasting private relations with them is kinda far off and senseless.

And i agree, like even jester stated, your intel sucks, since lch is hitting 1up. Maybe not to the extend or with the success you would love to see but thats i guess up to them and ofc 1ups ability to defend, or ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 03:32   #34
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
And i agree, like even jester stated, your intel sucks
Don't put words in my mouth please.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 04:32   #35
Axis_WLF

Winning Strat?

Hit 1ups lower/medium ranks while keeping the big boys busy. Disrupt their normal attack times. Noone deserves to win until they get there. Quit letting them own you politically, they do not own ya or how you play the game. If you wanna block then BLOCK ffs. 1up remains until everyone else drops their pride and works together. The universe is this way because everyone went right along with 1ups plans of no blocking.

First off OMG why did peeps read the pre-round poltics and say "yup that seems like an ace idea, after all it came from a former furgion master who dominated many rounds by sheer manipulation and cunning". This is a mess that all must clean up because you all helped to trash it.

Be mindful of your own members for there are those in high positions who would turn on a dime to save themselves from certain doom. Those same peeps could be providing valuable intel to the peeps who promise protection, and about 99% of the time both the alliance that person fks and that person end up being destroyed.

This is not a genius type scenario it is all quite simple to do. You peeps know how to assemble fleets and launch at hostiles?
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 05:35   #36
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you but one are top 5 planet and that aren?t cos he is just beautiful..
wtf?

I mostly agree with your original post - in principle you are right about the need to target the #1 alliance (I argued the same case in r9.5 so I'd be a hypocrite to argue otherwise now).

Where I disagree with you is on your intel, which is plainly wrong . Firstly, several alliances are hitting 1up. Last night 3/4 Mistu attacks were on galaxies with a heavy concentration of 1up (and they currently have two waves on my galaxy). The same applies to Vision, their attacks were heavily concentrated against us. LCH also hit us (and got roids from me, the bastards ) last night, as has been the case for about the last week.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that 1up and LCH aren't hitting each other, as we've been doing so for quite a while now. LCH's top ranked planets are there because LCH have defended them successfully, not because 1up have avoided hitting them. It has always been our policy to hit anyone who hits us back, which right now means hitting an awful lot of people

HC decisions need to be made on the basis of accurate information. You might have a very good point in principle, but if the facts don't support your argument then you are wrong. In this case, you are wrong to criticise alliances for not hitting 1up when that is exactly what many of them are doing. As always, alliance HCs make decisions based on what is in their alliance's best interests, and they probably have far better sources of information than most AD posters have.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”

Last edited by ComradeRob; 25 Jul 2004 at 05:47.
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 06:58   #37
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Axis no offence mate but they aren't some bunch of newbies trying to play Planetarion you really under estimate Mistu, LCH and Vision if you think they need advice on how to play/
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 07:14   #38
Axis_WLF

Useful information is never a bad thing.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 11:27   #39
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Still fools are we?

We all knew they had the best setup ever – players/command staff etc ect…. And some of us came here and told you so!?

But no no you believed you could beat them one to one…. And still you come here and try to justify your actions???? How stupid you all look now!

Yes it’s not over yet but everyone is to proud to ever consider joining forces or yet have the skills to put 1up down!

No matter what, people will still get online to justify why they chose this losing path and why they lost, but remember; many alliance members will not cope with incompetent staff and change beliefs faster then…..

To post here is not to win an argument it’s to point out a special point of view, so please keep it clean.
I suggest all alliance HC's (except the 1up ones) move to a secret undiscovered island because we really ruined it for our members ...

To a Vision HC, wtf are you doin with such morons in your alliance?

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 Jul 2004, 12:36   #40
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

I would've won if I was xan too
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 16:38   #41
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

axis, parts of problems are that some of the other alliances keep 3 fleeting and HC allows it i guess...

further someone said that 1up could do this every round from now on, just get the best players and win. tbh i think if you look at alliances like vision or LCH they've done EXTREMELY well, whether they win or loose from now on. they've improved SOOOO much over the time. which i really find a great achievement. and then it's then stuff like saying this non blocking is helping 1up is so funny. EVERYONE wanted to play this game without blocking for ages, now that someone got most alliances to that point it's a bad thing again?
don't you think 1up could have gotten allies if there were blocks? i doubt any of you are that naiev...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 16:52   #42
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Well, this depends on what you mean by 'fair' of course. Certainly, almost all fights are unbalanced. One alliance is bigger/better than another. So on that level it's not fair. I don't consider that what this thread is talking about though (in terms of fairness).

Yes indeed. But that was two blocks fighting each other. Sure, they weren't fairly balanced blocks, but there was a fair fight between them nonetheless. One just hammered the other one due to size (and an element of skill of course...) Either block could have got more allies at any time, there was no set restriction on either side. If both sides had agreed to only have 500 members in their block, and one alliance chose to have 1000 that would be unfair.
This thread is about the politicial skills of HC's. Most of the HC's playing this game are n00bs in therms of political skills. Again r5 is a exelent exampel. NoCex overestimated themselfs, and underestimated their oponents. But what alliance could they have added, that would have made an impact? Not that I consider myself to remember all the alliances that were then playing, but I dont remeber any major alliance away from the two blocks.
Now political incompetence hasnt been gone since that. It has just continued in other forms. Remember Xandadu and Ely attacking Deus to early in r6? Remember NAHR r9?

Now this round seems to end just the way I thought it would. Sids "I dont want any napping and blocking" wasnt ment to create a level playing field or to be fair. It was a move designed to make 1up win. To make a reallife-comparision. Why do USA and its allies push countries like Iran and North-Korea on the atomic issue? Its not becouse USA and Europe thinks that atomic weapons is bad (they have loads of em themselfs). Its simply becouse if Iran and North-Korea gets nuclear weapons and missiles with enough range, they can hit back! And the big powers doesnt want the small guys to be able to hit back, that would mean the USA/other big powers cant go around invading as they like. By limiting the playing field, the USA (in particular) have already won, becouse of their lead in conventional military technology and firepower.

The small guys should never let the big guys restrict the playing rules, as it only benefits themselfs. The no-block no-napping stance of Sid/1up (wouldnt suprise me if 1up had a secret nap either) made the other alliances reluctant to ally and form a counter-offensive who could be succesful. The Big Boys doesnt like asymetrical wars. Becouse that means they can loose (hello Vietnam, FLTTV r6). They like to play it with their rules, the symetric way, so they can win with ease (hello Desert Storm, r5)

Conclusion: Yet again the political incomptence of most HC's in this game shows. And yet again, I assume that most of them will continue to be in command.

Congrats to Sid and 1up. Wasnt it a bit to easy?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 25 Jul 2004 at 16:58.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 17:17   #43
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

This round doesn't really bear comparison with r5. In r5, WTFVE were winning from the moment ticks started. Add to that the NoCeX coord list leak, NoS losing several players including former HC at the end of r4, and LDK not playing due p2p, and it was always clear that NoCeX didn't have a hope in hell of winning. There were no political moves which could have saved them (I seem to recall Xanadu's best plan being a NAP with MI and G-II ).

In this round, 1up haven't always been #1 - LCH were #1 for a while, and 1up's lead only became substantial after the war with LCH started. In r5 there was simply no way WTFVE would lose, whereas there were (and still are) numerous opportunities for 1up to lose. We even had our coord list leaked

I know people will accuse me of being biased, but I do think that having no blocks is more fun. It makes the game much more fluid and varied, instead of the grinding, repetetive wars of the block rounds, where each side pounds the same enemy galaxies until one side gets bored and gives up. I'm quite sure 1up could have created a winning block (we had plenty of offers) if we had wanted to, but this way has been much more risky for us. As Eclipse HC in round 9 I knew almost exactly how we were going to win the round before ticks had even started - this round I can barely predict what will happen 3 days from now. I find that to be more interesting, though I suppose everyone's view is different.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 17:21   #44
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Whatever happens and whoever wins this round has been far more entertaining than most already. By now the winning side are bored and the loosing side and bored. Everyone just moaning about blockers on the forums.

Other than stats and a combat system that just dont seem all that fun. This round has remained entertaining longer than most others for me.

The only way it would get better would be a temporary war to bring 1up down to 2nd places level. So they dont win too quickly. I miss a good hardcore war. No-one seems to have it in them these days though

The point is, people arent stupid for the round turning out like this. As its been pretty good.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 00:01   #45
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Oh, and to clear it up, 1UP isn't pwning because people are stupid. it was just a simple, while you were looking left, ie. AD and beleiving even an inkling of what was being said, 1UP was actually on your right side, pwning you. They come off as stupid and unothodox, when in actuality, they are organized and have pretty smart people, who just love to troll . They also prove that everyone doesn't need to know what they are doing for an alliance to win also. It is sad that an alliance with MO's that send wrong tick defense, and even write certain planets off as getting no defense at all is winning. That is the aspect you guys should be looking at. When you look at it that way, you start looking at yourself. And guess what you say??? "Wow, my alliance REALLY must suck." And I agree with you.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 02:37   #46
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

errr.. right chika so every alliance sucks except for 1up? thats a neat statement \o/

and tbh... ppl that still look at AD and believe it are ignorant. It was pretty obvious at the start what 1up was made out of despite everything they said on AD. Tehy without any doubt have the highest concentration of "24/7 online" ppl. So its not really a surprise that they function "better" than the other alliances. But i don't really mind it..... i don't see why ppl have to get this frustrated over others wasting their entire day online and doing what they are good at..... they have the right to do so :-)

i personally have more problems with other types of players around here.. that have like no respect for others or the work they did
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 02:56   #47
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
It was pretty obvious at the start what 1up was made out of despite everything they said on AD.
Can you explain this comment please?

I am not taking the piss, I am genuinely curious.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 03:43   #48
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

well as i said a bit down in that post.... 1up had alot of old veterans returning who had proved their capabilites in past rounds (be it before PaX or during). The fact they didn't know PaX in some/many cases is almost irrelivant as its not hard to adjust for those ppl, write a good guide tell them what they better do or not do and it will work out fine. These ppl also are online more than average so you can use the fleet you have in total better and more actively than others. So in that way you had advantage at the start, cuz there is not alliance that comes close (relatively spoken) to the amount of high activity and "phone me and i am online" members you have.

Nothing bad about it, it only works in your favour over other alliances :-)
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 03:57   #49
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

The superiority of a non-blocking vs a blocking round is this:

The actual quality of an alliance determines its standing rather than its perceived quality to a much larger degree.

Example. Who the hell was LCH? I missed a few rounds came back, made an effort to familiarize myself with all the major players, and LCH wasn't one I felt was worth the effort (preround). They proved me wrong, and proved their worth. Before the round, who would have allied with them?

Usually by this time in a round the leading alliances don't have a 10 or 20% lead on their opponents, they have like a 200% lead. Is this situation preferable?
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 08:11   #50
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

PA in the "a little too little a little to late" non shocker,

Happens every round - well done 1up for bluffing the majority of the universe.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote