User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 12:10   #1
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Salvage

Just a small suggestion, but if you get salvage for losing defending units, why not make some sort of salvage system for structures and/or asteroids? Like the scrapmetal you get from a ship, you get the same ifnot more leftovers from a killed structure.

also, what about "rebuilding" a destroyed structure, as in remaking it for a reduced amount of time. After all, most of the time you just rebuild buildings instead of making an entire new one?

also for asteroids, you steal them so during that transfer, there can be small pieces of that asteroid that break off and are left behind at the planet (which would translate ingame like a little income of that particular roid extra).

I think those changed could maybe make getting wasted abit less drastic.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 12:41   #2
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salvage

I just noticed that this is more a suggestion about game dynamics then it is about alliance suggestions.

So feel free to move this post (cause I don't think I can)

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 12:56   #3
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Just a small suggestion, but if you get salvage for losing defending units, why not make some sort of salvage system for structures and/or asteroids? Like the scrapmetal you get from a ship, you get the same ifnot more leftovers from a killed structure.

also, what about "rebuilding" a destroyed structure, as in remaking it for a reduced amount of time. After all, most of the time you just rebuild buildings instead of making an entire new one?
Agree. If someone with 100 structures looses 20, that means he'll have to spend 20 x 90 k (avg) to rebuild them (per resource). Especially for the mediocre planets thats a LOT. Disadvantage: let your buildings get bashed by a friend 1 day before round ends for resource bonus, dont need the structures anymore then anyways.
Quote:

also for asteroids, you steal them so during that transfer, there can be small pieces of that asteroid that break off and are left behind at the planet (which would translate ingame like a little income of that particular roid extra).

I think those changed could maybe make getting wasted abit less drastic.

rgds Kj
I think this is too vulnerable for roidswapping, unless the extra income is temporarily. Also gives a larger advantage to large planets than to smaller. It should have to be dynamic then, the less roids left, the bigger the bonus (kinda like the first 100 roids issue in earlier rounds, 350 inc for first roid, 349 for second etc)

Got a general remark about salvage too. ATM all defenders share the 30% salvage for lost defence ships. The higher the defender's value, the more salvage he gets, regardless of how many ships hee looses. That system is just gay.
I'd prefer that a defender gets 30% of his OWN lost ships, that's way more fair for the defender who looses most.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:53   #4
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

For the roids I obviously suggested a temporary income. Like once the leftovers are harvested (in 1-5 ticks) then they are gone.

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 17:46   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

the stuff iwht the roids would probably be a pain to do, strucutres would also be hard due to the varying structures price, but possibly more viable. But i think the idea has some merit

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 17:54   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

why not give a one off payment for the roids. that shouldn't be too challenging

as for the structures, if you can calculate the cost to build them, you should be able to calculate a percentage of their cost when they're destroyed

-mist
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 19:37   #7
Melesse
The Nephilim

Melesse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
why not give a one off payment for the roids. that shouldn't be too challenging

as for the structures, if you can calculate the cost to build them, you should be able to calculate a percentage of their cost when they're destroyed

-mist
Yea, just use the same calc that it uses to price them, except this time it's to calc salvage.

And I like the salvage goes to owners thing...just to use my own example, this last day someone had a Arrowhead/Bomber/Lancer/Sabre incoming fleet, I sent My roaches to stop the lancers, so other people could kill, etc etc. The other guy sent 4k Gryphons, so he had a higher score, but I lost the only ships lost, so he got most of the salvage for my roaches that died. Frustrating.

Melesse