User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 11:00   #1
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society
Xans

Making pulsars fire before pegasus has to be one of the most stupid suggestions i've heard. Xan's can already roid terrans for free (if they build the right fleet). If terran are overpowered, it's vs ziks/caths, not vs xans (other than the hugely faster start they get over xans due to faster research AND fast construction). The only change i'd make to terrans would be to remove their fast construction - then address the imbalance vs caths/ziks by slightly improving the fficiency of those two races. Start downgrading terran ships (or making them more expensive) and you'll end up with terrans being the roid-farms of xans.

All through the closed betas all the xan players were whining how xan had lost their cloaking and were useless (in actuality they just wanted xan made stronger so they had an advantage). Xan don't need making more powerful - especially if their best target (terrans) are going to be so numerous. If you can't work out why xans can roid terrans so easily or why not being able to be fleet-scanned is an advantage then, frankly, you're too thick to play anyhting except terran where the choice of which ships to build is very obvious.

EDIT: None of that is to say that xan ships are perfect - they aren't. But power-wise they're about right and any unnecessary changes should be avoided this late due to the lack of time to do more testing.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 11:31   #2
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Xans

hmm, sounds bout right. Terran was good in the start during the beta, however they fast started struggling vs Xans. I hope they do not change that init for sure.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 12:45   #3
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

I roided terrans nonstop in beta (almost) for free indeed, xandathrii can hold it's own against terran, especially in attack.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 14:50   #4
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

The "Strenght" of Terrans will die in 1 hour ticks.
Plusars don't need to fire before the pegs, they would only need to do this if the pegs didn't die so easily to them.

The terran/xan ships are fairly well done, the zik/cath ships need work.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:10   #5
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Oops, just realised I made this into a new thread by mistake. Was posting early this morning - and somehow must've managed to make a new thread rather than mkae my post as a reply to a different one (where someone had suggested pulsars should get better initiative than pegs).
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:17   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sid the forum newbie

You should get lessons from Minty, he's the forum pro!
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 22:51   #7
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Doesn't matter, it deserves an own thread. (even if it strictly would be better off on strategy, but that would kill the purpose of the post )
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 22:54   #8
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit (even though you probably already knew) that it was me who suggested it. I admit I was wrong, but after reading your posts, I completely agree.

I'll stick to playing the game rather than making stupid suggestions :P

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:43   #9
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

so you will improve Zik and Cath then Sid?
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 10:34   #10
Mastro
#SiN

Mastro is an unknown quantity at this point

I would really think it would be great if the dmg/cost of roaches(cath) could increase or the price of roaches go down. As its hard to defend or attack against a terran unless you have your whole fleet of Roaches and Terran have 3 destroyer ships to freeze through. I would keep the cath CR the same with only making a dmg/cost of Scorpion(help against pod rushes from Xan) slightly higher as it may make them a bit to powerful for roiding other Cath and Zik.

Last edited by Mastro; 13 Jun 2004 at 10:50.
Mastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 11:22   #11
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

an easy test is to use the same amount of res to build Pulsar and Peg, put that in a bcalc and see what happens : all the pulsar die, but an fair amount of pegs remains. it's indeed not a matter of initiative, only of cost. Make the pegs a little more expensive to close that gap a bit.
Xans should also regain some of their cloaking. If the unit scan was to show only the type of ships but not the amount it would be a welcomed slight improvement .
for zik and caths the changes should be more important, maybe their anti DE should be the Clipper and the Tarant. Having played Zik during public beta i found their killing ships to be completely useless, that's maybewhere the 2nd improvement could take place.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 12:52   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
an easy test is to use the same amount of res to build Pulsar and Peg, put that in a bcalc and see what happens
Or you could just compare the Arm/Cost and Dam/Cost of each :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
for zik and caths the changes should be more important, maybe their anti DE should be the Clipper and the Tarant.
I personally think this would make the Zik weaker. Cutters are pretty nifty actually, if you build enough. Phoenix and Cutters will be the prime anti-DE being sent around to stop them. Clippers would simply be too slow.
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 09:58   #13
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Wow. Something intelligent