User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:18   #1
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road
Galaxy status

Well I don't like this Pverview mini gal status, I'd prefer the good old galaxy status like in round 5 or 6
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 19:04   #2
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Re: Galaxy status

amen to that!

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 19:47   #3
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. Its been suggested a 100 times since they removed it. People liked the old one better. I sometimes wonder what the hell is up with the admins? Can't they even listen to players on such small issues? The current overview is terrible.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 20:04   #4
SOL

SOL is on a distinguished road

yyee bring it back!! having it on the overview sucks!!
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 22:06   #5
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Yes the way the incomings are lined up now is ghey, there isn't even a separation between the planets atm
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 22:08   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Yeah. Its been suggested a 100 times since they removed it. People liked the old one better. I sometimes wonder what the hell is up with the admins? Can't they even listen to players on such small issues? The current overview is terrible.
totally agreed.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 00:00   #7
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

once again, agreed here.
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 09:02   #8
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

not saying it'd be a bad thing to happen or anything, but there's only so much coding time available and quite a lot of things to get done. i'd imagine the 'admins' have been prioritising things
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 09:23   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

i think it looks ugly, but at least i notice it when its on the overview.

I suggest hjaving it on antoher page, but having a big flashing red thing go off when the gal has incs.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 09:33   #10
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, it said it in bright green / bright red a few rounds back with a huge link

even now its dark green and dark red - perfect for blending into the background

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 11:35   #11
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

We want old style Gal Status back

The new overview one is sucky.

Also while im whining: Put Fleets + Missions on the same page! Please, it's annoying having to go between pages.
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 11:36   #12
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
not saying it'd be a bad thing to happen or anything, but there's only so much coding time available and quite a lot of things to get done. i'd imagine the 'admins' have been prioritising things
Well then they can promise us it for r12

and as Kal said, Galaxy incoming button.

Retired
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 11:37   #13
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
We want old style Gal Status back

The new overview one is sucky.

Also while im whining: Put Fleets + Missions on the same page! Please, it's annoying having to go between pages.

And allow us to launch 3 fleet at the same time. Now we have to do that seperatley, and its fking stressing when its close to ticking

Retired
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 11:54   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And allow us to launch 3 fleet at the same time. Now we have to do that seperatley, and its fking stressing when its close to ticking
here here!

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 13:41   #15
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

yeah! lets find some more stuff to whine about
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 13:58   #16
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Well then they can promise us it for r12
promises are dangerous things :P

-mist
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 14:11   #17
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Quote:
promises are dangerous things :P

-mist
hehe only cos theyre never fulfilled
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 14:47   #18
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Utter bullshit reasoning. If it's on the overview or on another page doesn't matter, the code stays the same. All they have to do is take the code from overview page to a new page, and change it's layout. I might put it a bit simplistic here, but still I believe it's doable in 2/3 hours roughly, and that would be mostly layout/html work, not coding.

-----
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 14:52   #19
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

indeed, or surely they have the code for the old style gal status anyway. so its just a matter of putting the old gal status code in isnt it?

/me is a coding n00b (so excuse me if I sound like an idiot)
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 14:56   #20
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Utter bullshit reasoning. If it's on the overview or on another page doesn't matter, the code stays the same. All they have to do is take the code from overview page to a new page, and change it's layout. I might put it a bit simplistic here, but still I believe it's doable in 2/3 hours roughly, and that would be mostly layout/html work, not coding.
yes, it could be moved to another page, that'd only require the security for the page, the layout, checking it works etc etc. might even take the 2-3 hours you mention. however, what would they achieve? you'd get exactly the same thing but on a different page. i seem to recall people wanting different colours, i'm sure there was a complaint about it being non colour blind friendly as well... suddenly it becomes a bigger project.

coupled with the fact that pretty much anything that should take a couple of hours always seems to take a couple of days anyway...

of course, as you know my reasoning's bullshit, you know exactly what's involved, don't you?

-mist
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 14:59   #21
General Martok
used to register

Obviously I have no insight in the code, but I assumed planetarion uses some standard, organising all security/links/layout etc for all pages at once, so the real code+content is totally seperated from that. If not, I'd be deeply disappointed in the coding skills of the designers.

-----
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 15:28   #22
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Galaxy status

Quote:
yes, it could be moved to another page, that'd only require the security for the page, the layout, checking it works etc etc. might even take the 2-3 hours you mention. however, what would they achieve?
Some small measure of customer satisfaction?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 01:36   #23
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Agreed, old gal status back
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 04:57   #24
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Setting up a new page now would be somewhat time consuming agreed, but should be within Spinner's capability. Really all the had to do was NOT take it out to start... good thought, but poor execution.

As far as launching all three fleets in one go, that should be pretty simple, 30 min to locate it, about 15 min to change things around, 15 min to get a pop and take a break and like 20 min to test it. And thats pretty conservative.

And I'm not too crap with code... obviously I've never seen PA's but its not too hard to reason out.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 07:52   #25
The Real Arfy

well, its combining 3 forms into one, and combining the code of the three launching pages (i.e. the pages that the button triggers)

I really can't see it being that hard, although the galaxy status would be harder, especially as I'd also like to see galaxy outgoings

Unread 10 Jun 2004, 12:50   #26
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I prefer the new one. You don't have to check the gal status every tick - and might forget to do it. It's all there on overview which is much better.

I think I preferred it when it showed outgoing ships though.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 19:05   #27
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
doesn't matter what time of a tick you launch anyway, defending planet doesn't see inc until after first tick since fleet launches anyway, I do believe
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 20:22   #28
tauric

tauric is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
yeah! lets find some more stuff to whine about
scanning for roids must be made fun again, yes,.... 5 out of 14 scans, i did it.
tauric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 21:23   #29
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
doesn't matter what time of a tick you launch anyway, defending planet doesn't see inc until after first tick since fleet launches anyway, I do believe
well yes, but if you have to do it 3 times separetly, the tick may go over resulting in a missed schedule for example the one tick attack/defence

Unread 14 Jun 2004, 17:27   #30
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

outgoing ships should be shown, and there should be an own page.. with large battles it completely mess up the overview page... its not possible to have an overview at all, which is kinda the point of the overview page, dont u think ?

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 17:29   #31
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
well yes, but if you have to do it 3 times separetly, the tick may go over resulting in a missed schedule for example the one tick attack/defence

is it hard to launch 3 fleets during a 1 hour period between ticks? :>

as, even if you launch at xx:02 the target won't see the incoming until xx:02+ 1 tick.

( i believe)
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 22:13   #32
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Say the time is xx:59. The tick is ac xx:00. Then you have to launch the fleets separatley to reach the tick you want its stressing I tell you.

Retired
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 04:34   #33
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I'd have to agree with the majority - the current system is unwieldy - though not to the same extent as the incredibly weird fleet launch/ eta thing.
Unread 19 Jun 2004, 11:55   #34
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont personally believe that a galaxy incoming button or message is enough on its own. I really do believe that having the info on the overview does help bring the situation to peoples attention much better than a warning button ever did, however i do agree its a bit of "information overload" on overview as it is now.

Now ive said it before and i'll say it again imho the best solution is to have galaxy staus page back which would give full details and a mini gal status on overview.

The mini galaxy staus would be something like

Planet 1 - Incoming 2654 Defence 1678 ETA 8
Planet 1 - Incoming 254 Defence 564 ETA 2
Planet 2 - Incoming 2654 Defence 1678 ETA 5
Planet 3 - Incoming 2654 Defence 1678 ETA 6

So basically it calaculates the total attackinga and defending fleets for each eta and dispays them, this gives you a quick idea of what the situation is but to get more info (ie what race is attack and defending, what planet ect) you are required to go to galaxy status page.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2004, 12:04   #35
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

thats not a bad idea wakey - also the incoming stuff needs to be displayed higher up - atm a big motd and mfc pushes the info down the page so u don;t see it - maybe we need wkaey's solution and a big flashing light at the top

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 16:35   #36
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

idd i like that idea as well.

Please listen to us PA Team
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 17:10   #37
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

I demand flashing incoming/friendly buttons a la r5.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 18:41   #38
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I demand the entire front page be enclosed with <blink> tags if incoming is present.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 00:20   #39
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I demand the entire front page be enclosed with <blink> tags if incoming is present.
Along with the ever-distracting <marquee> tags please.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:04   #40
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

I want the clock to be in the top right hand corner :@~
________
NEWARK ASSEMBLY

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:15.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 17:21   #41
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileman
I want the clock to be in the top right hand corner :@~
Oh my god i didnt even notice there was a clock
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 18:53   #42
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

clock back to top right and CHANGE GALSTATUS TO REAL PA!!!!
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 18:57   #43
jerome

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=178428 :/