User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 22 May 2004, 02:16   #1
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
stats for rd 11 ?

any idea where i can find them plz

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2004, 02:28   #2
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about
Re: stats for rd 11 ?

Yes, but I'm not sure its something they want in the public domain just yet, as the stats are being tweaked in every iteration of the beta. It will probably be something PA-Team will have to post.
Unread 22 May 2004, 03:02   #3
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Stats will be made public before signups are opened (unless something goes drastically wrong)
...regardless you will have the option to change race at any point before ticks start from your preferences screen, so there is no need to worry about it this far in advance

When a version is available that is likley to be the basis of the final stats we will look at the practicality of releasing it. Of course when public beta happens the beta-stats will inevitably become public knowledge anyway whether we want them to or not...
Unread 22 May 2004, 04:59   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: stats for rd 11 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Of course when public beta happens the beta-stats will inevitably become public knowledge anyway whether we want them to or not...
And in the private beta the stats are only public in the private alliance channels.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2004, 21:25   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i don't quite understand why the beta stats arn't being made public, rather than just being given to those in the know. it wouldn't do any harm

then again, given pa's inability to tell people things it's not a huge shock

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 08:51   #6
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

would it do any good?
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 15:08   #7
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

No use to officially spread BETA stats... People will start analysing them etc, but if something (radical? like R6 stats) changes, ppl will whine with "but I liked ship xyz with armour 123 better" etc.... Announcing them wouldn't do ANY good.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 18:54   #8
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
No use to officially spread BETA stats... People will start analysing them etc, but if something (radical? like R6 stats) changes, ppl will whine with "but I liked ship xyz with armour 123 better" etc.... Announcing them wouldn't do ANY good.
I'm not sure it does any harm though. I think the only difference between public beta stats and leaked private beta stats is whether or not players complain about them in public.

I've always been of the opinion that any publicity is good publicity and getting players talking about the next round--even if it's just to complain--is better than silence.

But that's just me, seemingly.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 23 May 2004, 20:49   #9
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: stats for rd 11 ?

i don't remember a round without this discussion...
Unread 24 May 2004, 08:29   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
i don't remember a round without this discussion...
I dont remember it happening in R3 - but that's prolly because i started mid round and missed out on the pre-round entertainment

Actually, i dont remember whinging happening before R4 - i think that no-one knew what they were going to be like when they were released (not even Spinner, cos he was clearly using a dartboard to get his numbers).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 11:32   #11
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Actually, i dont remember whinging happening before R4 - i think that no-one knew what they were going to be like when they were released (not even Spinner, cos he was clearly using a dartboard to get his numbers).
wasn't r4 the one with the Nod/Spinner flame threads ?
Unread 24 May 2004, 13:55   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

They didn't start doing beta testing until the R3/R4 timeframe (that is, with actual players instead of a few insiders), so before then there wasn't the issue of some players having access to the beta stats before the general community.
Unread 26 May 2004, 02:57   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
wasn't r4 the one with the Nod/Spinner flame threads ?
I have this inkling that it was R3. I (think) remember somone saying that Nodrog and Spinner disagreed on the stats, and i thought along the lines of: nodrog is a very percluliar name so perhaps a twisted outlook on life. But Spinner is a rediculous name and so is probably a nutter - i think i'll ignore the argument .

In a way, i was more right than i could have possibly have known...

And i was a newbie at the time

Still am...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 03:16   #14
Dakaka

Dakaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Stats aren't posted yet so as to avoid embrassement if something has to be drastically changed. See it all the time in beta to live .... beta players usually end up more confused then the true newbs cause they went in thinking they already had a good strategy just to find out it was overkill and therefore removed.
Dakaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 17:50   #15
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I havent played since r9, so I would very much appreciate looking over the stats before I started playing beta. All discussions are healthy discussions imo.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 20:03   #16
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

If you signup NOW, you can see the stats ingame...

Or just look @ http://jpaweb01.planetarion.com/stats.pl

-----
Unread 26 May 2004, 21:59   #17
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Im allianceless. What race should I go?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 00:34   #18
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

looking at the races, cath seem to be the only one without a +0 eta pod, so they're quite smelly.

terrans seem to be best on armour/damage, xan have a nice initiative and the obvious cloaking benefit but their ships are a little brittle for my liking. xan seem to have the best target coverage in the FI/CO range so i'd probably go with them, although that would involve using subverting ships :/

still, just see what comes out of the beta

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2004, 18:02   #19
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Im allianceless. What race should I go?

Lemming
Unread 29 May 2004, 22:29   #20
General Martok
used to register

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Lemming
Also known as cathaar

As allianceless player it would probably best to choose a race with solely killships. Cathaar and zikonian have some obvious weaknesses against (de /) cr / bs fleets, and without an alliance you'd be a sitting duck. Xandathrii is probably the race which is toughest to attack (leat weaknesses).

Best is if you find an alliance quickly though

-----
Unread 30 May 2004, 16:35   #21
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

just looked at stats to see that the cath fr pod has more damage and damage/cost than the ter de pod..is that right, surely the bigger the class, the more dmg etc it should give, seeing as its the pattern with the other pods..
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2004, 16:42   #22
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's right. Terran are the only one with a De pod - making it a pod that will not be very easy to find defence against.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 21:41   #23
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
I think it's right. Terran are the only one with a De pod - making it a pod that will not be very easy to find defence against.

thats more cuz there are so many ppl playing terrans with current stats that its impossible to cover all those DE incs