User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Apr 2004, 04:29   #1
Fimu
The Stampede

Fimu can only hope to improve
any difference?

before
http://www.silver.rec.br/before.png
--
after
http://www.silver.rec.br/after.png

do u guys see any difference?

that was 15h and 02m ago (15:02)

go go go la resistance =D
Fimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 06:45   #2
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Re: any difference?

\o/ That's gotta hurt Seems only Bladze got covered
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 07:14   #3
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Unread 13 Apr 2004, 08:03   #4
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

What's the news in ely/lch/vsn being roided this round?
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 08:06   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

he he funny game he he
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 08:16   #6
Reann

Reann is an unknown quantity at this point

Picture 1: 10 guys enjoying easter holiday.
Picture 2: 10 guys enjoying easter holiday.

It was a decent run and the roids lost were deserved by the attackers. Seems that the whole galaxy enjoyed the holidays so much that (almost) nobody bothered to send even ingal def.

Just shows how priorities change... Oh well, the fight goes on. ...after I have rebuilt my factories!
Reann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 16:21   #7
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yea because Easter is such an important holiday no one could possibly get to a computer
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 16:57   #8
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Yea because Easter is such an important holiday no one could possibly get to a computer
do you really still care ?
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:41   #9
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reann
Picture 1: 10 guys enjoying easter holiday.
Picture 2: 10 guys enjoying easter holiday.

It was a decent run and the roids lost were deserved by the attackers. Seems that the whole galaxy enjoyed the holidays so much that (almost) nobody bothered to send even ingal def.

Just shows how priorities change... Oh well, the fight goes on. ...after I have rebuilt my factories!
In short:
"Look, I made an account to tell the plebs we were out partying and stuff. And we don't care what happened, because you're all pathetic not enjoying the 2-day Easter-break!"

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 19:23   #10
Fimu
The Stampede

yeah yeah sure, now u guys say it doesnt matter anymore.

ofc, ure wasted
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 20:16   #11
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Easter vaction or not, many of us have given up.

Personally, I might come back if FPMWNetc...etc...blahblah stop being gay. In the meantime enjoy your targetless universe and revel in the damage you've done to an already troubled game.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 20:41   #12
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Not really but it makes me laugh the way people try to justify losing asteroids by saying they all have lives, if you all had such exciting lives you wouldn’t be playing in the first place.

Also you people are pathetic, you've given up after 9 days, almost as pathetic as those whiners who gave up after 3 days in Round 9 the only thing which is saving you from that low is you’ve not threatened to delete your accounts unless your allowed to win. Seriously get some skills and learn to fight back you losers. Are you out fleet hunting ? Going at certain pockets of the enemy with everything you have to at least mess them up as you don't have the fleets to defend ? Conserving ships and resources so you can be of use when the enemy block breaks down ? No your quitting because the enemy has more planets than you.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 20:54   #13
Blazde
Elysium

You're welcome to take my planet and fight on with it Hicks.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 21:01   #14
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not really but it makes me laugh the way people try to justify losing asteroids by saying they all have lives, if you all had such exciting lives you wouldn’t be playing in the first place.

Also you people are pathetic, you've given up after 9 days, almost as pathetic as those whiners who gave up after 3 days in Round 9 the only thing which is saving you from that low is you’ve not threatened to delete your accounts unless your allowed to win. Seriously get some skills and learn to fight back you losers. Are you out fleet hunting ? Going at certain pockets of the enemy with everything you have to at least mess them up as you don't have the fleets to defend ? Conserving ships and resources so you can be of use when the enemy block breaks down ? No your quitting because the enemy has more planets than you.

get a grip of the current game or just shut up

[edit]

oopsie - pushed <enter> to fast ...

anyways... you obviously didn't play either with VVOMM or EVL, so who on earth do you think you are telling ppl who are being bashed 24/7 (which you obviously haven't been in your pa-career) to not quit.... Yeah ofcourse its easy to say ppl should whine when being on the winning side.... too bad that we don`t feel like being farms for 3 weeks, as we didn't pay to play a game like that
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 21:17   #15
Fimu
The Stampede

well, someone has to be a farm. In that case, it is you, and the loser side. You dodnt pay to lose?

sorry, but sometimes it happens
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 21:27   #16
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimu
well, someone has to be a farm.
Which side was the farm in round 6? Which side was the farm in round 10?
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 21:33   #17
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Well, it doesnt really matter, they will prolly go down the route of their ally mates and delete their planets, when under attack and get no def, for only 2 ticks. No surprise you lose when you give up so easily. Nevermind though, next round if your winning, ill make sure to delete my planet when your eta1 so you cant take my roids
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 21:56   #18
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Well, it doesnt really matter, they will prolly go down the route of their ally mates and delete their planets, when under attack and get no def, for only 2 ticks. No surprise you lose when you give up so easily. Nevermind though, next round if your winning, ill make sure to delete my planet when your eta1 so you cant take my roids

lol.. whatever. I know the average FPM player well enough to know that your alliances (well maybe not MISTU) would have disbanded by now if you would have been in our shoes, to bad you aren`t
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 22:26   #19
Blazde
Elysium

I fought a losing a battle for 500+ ticks, I talked up our chances of coming back, and tried to inspire the other players in my galaxy and in my alliance. I kept my fleets active 24/7 as if the outcome of the war hung on a knife edge. I waited for the politics to change. Then I watched the opposing block get bigger rather than breaking up as would have benefited the game.

I hate quitters as much as the next person. When you give easily, your enemy can turn any small advantage into a full scale victory. Maintain moral/activity and you can overcome huge obstacles, and when you do the victory is all the more sweeter. I've preached this constantly to my alliance/gal mates over the rounds.

But there comes a time you have to be realistic. The biggest block has around 1/3rd of the universe's roids and score. As they've said, they'd like a universe vs them situation, but everyone knows it won't happen. A large part of the remaining two thirds are small, insignigicant, inactive, scan planets, multi planets (many controlled by FPM themselves). Organising the rest into a coordinated opposition is impossible. Numerous alliances with different ways of doing things, many of whom can't or won't launch attacks at the times neccesary because they simply aren't serious alliances. Even if we could organise the rest of the (non multiing) universe it would still leave us vastly outnumbered.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 22:30   #20
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
get a grip of the current game or just shut up

[edit]

oopsie - pushed <enter> to fast ...

anyways... you obviously didn't play either with VVOMM or EVL, so who on earth do you think you are telling ppl who are being bashed 24/7 (which you obviously haven't been in your pa-career) to not quit.... Yeah ofcourse its easy to say ppl should whine when being on the winning side.... too bad that we don`t feel like being farms for 3 weeks, as we didn't pay to play a game like that
Here's the current situation a bunch of useless players who were never capable of doing anything remotely good when the game was actually alive have inherited the game. They’re incapable of showing any kind of backbone when losing and would rather quit than try and make something of their round. There’s plenty you could do to fight back but quite frankly you have neither the ability nor the inclination to organize it your happy to sit in apathy and moan how you were out numbered.

No I don’t play Planetarion but I don’t see why that denies me of the right to comment, as for never being bashed I played Round 4 (My galaxy had about 20 waves during the fall of x11x going from Top 50 to out of the Top 400) and Round 6 (Outnumbered 12 vs 1 in cluster and still took it to them) with Fury and not once do I ever remember anyone rushing to the forums crying about how unfair it was and how we couldn't take losing anymore numbers in an online database, we fought back against far greater odds and ended to round with decent positions that's why those rounds go down as fun because the people who initially lost didn't just roll over and take it. Your guys are like a bunch of spoilt children you only play when your winning play when your winning.

Blaze you actually seem one of the few decent people left, no you can't win but you can at least be a pain in the neck for the remainder of the round and that's fun in itself, there'll come a time shortly when FAnG and friends will be forced to start dropping allies that's when you can really start to fight back, I'd just gather a group of like minded players (I'm sure not everyone left is like Wadows) form a battle group and kick about doing that for the rest of the round hell it's got to be better than idling in IRC chat rooms and moaning on the forums

Last edited by Hicks; 13 Apr 2004 at 22:37.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 22:38   #21
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Here's the current situation a bunch of useless players who were never capable of doing anything remotely good when the game was actually alive have inherited the game. They’re incapable of showing any kind of backbone when losing and would rather quit than try and make something of their round. There’s plenty you could do to fight back but quite frankly you have neither the ability nor the inclination to organize it your happy to sit in apathy and moan how you were out numbered.

No I don’t play Planetarion but I don’t see why that denies me of the right to comment, as for never being bashed I played Round 4 (My galaxy had about 20 waves during the fall of x11x going from Top 50 to out of the Top 400) and Round 6 (Outnumbered 12 vs 1 in cluster and still took it to them) with Fury and not once do I ever remember anyone rushing to the forums crying about how unfair it was and how we couldn't take losing anymore numbers in an online database, we fought back against far greater odds and ended to round with decent positions that's why those rounds go down as fun because the people who initially lost didn't just roll over and take it. Your guys are like a bunch of spoilt children you only play when your winning play when your winning.

Blaze you actually seem one of the few decent people left, no you can't win but you can at least be a pain in the neck for the remainder of the round and that's fun in itself, there'll come a time shortly when FAnG and friends will be forced to start dropping allies that's when you can really start to fight back, I'd just gather a group of like minded players (I'm sure not everyone left is like Wadows ) form a battle group and kick about doing that for the rest of the round hell it's got to be better than idling in IRC chat rooms and moaning on the forums

Dear Hicks, I agree with you on all points except 1, in rd 6 your block WHINED sh@tloads, however you were in the position to come back ( larger universe). as xeta had 2 battle with FOS. And you came back rather good. However this isnt possible atm
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 23:29   #22
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

I log in once a day to cov-op some people I don't like and double check that the known multis still haven't been deleted yet.
I really don't see the point in doing anything else. With all the reliability trouble, obvious cheaters who aren't closed, and now constant harrassment by various immature imbeciles (lo tehprophet, CTCP ping spam is hilarious), I'm devoting my time to more worthwhile pursuits.

This game disgusts me now.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 23:31   #23
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
no you can't win but you can at least be a pain in the neck for the remainder of the round and that's fun in itself,
Actually I probably would be doing this, but some issues in my private life make it a convenient time to leave. That said, I'm not sad to be denying FPM my opposition. The less people there are still fighting against them the quicker they'll break up (or the less fun they'll have if they don't).

Looking back to round 6 there were those who were in favour of continuing to bash Fury and Legion, simply because they'd so utterly dominated round 5 and denied the universe the war even their own members wanted. Fortunately santiy prevailed, and even Legion and Fury members were able to enjoy the whole round. I'm just wondering if the leaders of the block built in round 11 to give FaNG and Phraktos a good revenge kicking will have such restraint. Actions (and inactions) do have consequences after all.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 23:42   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No I don’t play Planetarion but I don’t see why that denies me of the right to comment

It is a rather different game now. I'm unsure of how much the game mechanics changed everything (although it does seem as if an actual comeback would be much harder in this game due to the changes in score, the fact you can only roid for 1 tick, the changes in the way people are roided) but certainly the lack of roids in the universe, as there was in r4 definitely and to a lesser extent in r6, would hinder any even vague sort of attempt at fighting an actual war.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 03:45   #25
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

They can still do damage though as I said if you can't win isn’t it more fun to at least mess a few of the other people up rather than idle on IRC and bitch on the forums, remember all those people who used to take delight in Round 3 at doing a small bit of damage to a single Fury/Legion member, they had no chance of changing anything but at least they had a blast doing it. I’d rather keep my alliance and battle group ticking over fighting a different kind of war and prepare for the opportunity for a growth spurt rather than just give up, how did the T&P/Round 4 Fury saying go “we attack together, we defend together, we die together” these days it would be more apt “we win together or we bitch together and quit together”. Who cares how different the game it is, the principal is still the same no matter what game you play, if I was losing 6-0 at a football match I'd still want to give my all until the final whistle. You can either be a sissy little girl or you can learn to take losing and keep going, I wonder which Wadows and co will choose.

Also side note I don’t remember much bitching on our part in Round 6 we simply took it so to speak the only thing people were remotely annoyed about was how you all swallowed Deus propaganda so easily
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 04:01   #26
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

its like r9. my gal was vvomm and fought all round (apart from last week or so) and ended up respectably as #1 vvomm galaxy, ranked 61st or so. you ppl that quit after a few weeks or so are ... well ... words fail me.

incommings allllll the time, defense non-existant - but was still a hell of a lot of fun.

As was r7 when i was in a vts/rah/virus galaxy in c18; although the block won easily, our galaxy got bashed repeatedly incluster by BULL. Even an incluster titans officer galaxy struggled to reach anywhere near a respectable ranking.

You can still have fun if you tried [I know, highly debatable with the PaX.5 format..] - so stop whining children :\

Last edited by newt; 14 Apr 2004 at 04:08.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 04:11   #27
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
Actually I probably would be doing this, but some issues in my private life make it a convenient time to leave. That said, I'm not sad to be denying FPM my opposition. The less people there are still fighting against them the quicker they'll break up (or the less fun they'll have if they don't).

Looking back to round 6 there were those who were in favour of continuing to bash Fury and Legion, simply because they'd so utterly dominated round 5 and denied the universe the war even their own members wanted. Fortunately santiy prevailed, and even Legion and Fury members were able to enjoy the whole round. I'm just wondering if the leaders of the block built in round 11 to give FaNG and Phraktos a good revenge kicking will have such restraint. Actions (and inactions) do have consequences after all.
Wouldnt have worked. Deus knew Fury was a strong opponent and didnt want to collapse Fury entirely, they needed Fury to help them take on Xeta. Patrician was one of Deus command that wished to continue to bash Fury, but afaik he was overruled since Deus looked to the future and how such a thing would affect their own position. End of the day, Deus KNEW Fury would fight against Xanadu due to several reasons:

1) Fury served itself, it didnt serve others. It chose options that helped itself.
2) Fury siding with Xanadu would have only made FoS collapse sooner, Xeta were tipped to win anyway - adding Fury to the balance would only have made it happen quicker - which wouldnt have allowed Fury to grow and regain rankings.
3) Deus was weaker than Fury - it couldnt compare to Fury on organizational skills or dedication of members. A rebuilt entrenched Fury after war with Xeta would stand a pretty good chance vs FoS, where Xeta would have been slightly bitter to FoS over their loss. In getting to pick whether I would want to fight against a strengthened Xanadu or Deus - I would pick Deus anytime. Xanadu may have not been very good politically, but they sure could hurt ingame if given the chance.

Naturally, Fury never got the chance to take on Deus since the round ended but Fury was renowned for its comeback in r6.

Note: I deliberately left out others of the block, since Fury was the dominant engine of it. Scouse and Marduk know how I felt about that round.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 04:28   #28
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

You forgot "Most fury would have rather sawn off their own legs with spoons than work with Xanadu" :P
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 05:00   #29
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
You forgot "Most fury would have rather sawn off their own legs with spoons than work with Xanadu" :P

rusty spoons even....

a valid point.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 07:22   #30
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hicks
In R6, when your superb story took place, there where other planets to roid besided the enemy planets, so you could still try to get the roids you lost back.
In R6, the universe was big enough, so It didn't took 3 days, but rahter 3 weeks to get Fury on there knees, that had nothing to do with better skills in fighting back, but more with the bigger universe(so harder to bring them all down, and keep them down)
In R6, after Fury was down, politics where soon swifted in your favor, so you could actually do something back, in this round, how can politics be so dramaticly changed, if only 7 alliances playing for real.
R6 you can't compare with Pax

You are right on the "I never give up spirit" etc, and Bladze is a good example, but don't compare this round with R6. And i'm not playing, so i'm not the moaning, giving up kinda guy.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 07:46   #31
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Firstly I didn't compare now and Round 6 them Wadows implied that I'd ever lost at Planetarion I told him that I had twice and that I'd taken far more incoming than he could ever dream about. Feel free to re read what I posted.

Your right the universe was bigger but so were the alliances, the current gripe seems to be that FMP control about a third of the players (I’m taking this from Lord Dain’s thread) in Round 6 FoS/XeTa controlled well over half the players in the universe. Nothing short of a miracle would have won Round 6 we knew a loss was likely at the start, we knew once our intelligence was bringing in reports of hostile galaxies in cluster that it was going to be tough but most of us decided we’d go down fighting not just stop playing.

You seem to be arguing there was no difference in attitudes between then and now while I’ll accept that accept the situation was different but not hugely (Try being in a flagship galaxy and then see if the incoming ever stops when the enemy has a non aggression pact with most of the universe and revenge on it’s mind). I don't remember many of our members rushing to the forums to cry about losing I seem to remember most of us buckling down for the long haul even if politics hadn't have changed I can guarantee you the core of both Fury and Legion would have spent the remainder of Round 6 fleet hunting and doing what ever we could to make your round difficult, you know why ? because we had the ability and balls to see past the numbers in a database, **** winning, **** asteroids it was about giving a good account of yourselves something I think we did very well.

Also the politics are likely to shift quite soon this round, one of the three are going to get stabbed if any of you clown heads managed to keep your alliances organized and attacking you could probably mount a decent fight but that would actually require something other than sitting on IRC moaning. A handful of galaxies proved in Round 9 that you can survive when horrifically out gunned, you can get a decent rank and you can be a pain I'm sure a handful will again heck this thread is evidence of that, what makes me sad though and this brings me back to my orginal post is that the majority are simply ready to quit rather than fight through the rough times.

Last edited by Hicks; 14 Apr 2004 at 07:59.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 08:12   #32
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Hicks, I do agree that in R6 the number of moaning people where not that big. But I don't agree in the fact that Fury(And Friends ofc) did a lot during the times they where outnumbered. FoS/XeTa vs FLTV. Maybe some of you tried, but most of the FLTV gals(except like 3/4 gals) accept there losses, went in sleep mode and woke up as soon as FoS/XeTa blocked split. After that FLTV gave a damn good fight, but this was after politics changed, not before. If for example Mistu and Fang would declare war on phraktos and WP, i'm sure some people in elv will get some time to breath again. Cause they don't get constant incoming after gaining 10 roids. Since the big block would be in an internal war, they would get the same chance to fight back like Fury had in R6. But since FPM gals are so good mixed, I and also evl doesn't see this happen, so what's left to look out for. Fury knew in R6 that eventually FoS and XeTa would go into war, and then you guys had a chance to come back. A lot of people where just waiting for that moment. Sure some things can still happen in this war, but it's far less likely as it was in R6. There still people attacking in elv, but giving better fights wouldn't make it difference, it will just cause the block to split at a later time, cause there would be still a small war.

Also 3 ticks attacking makes it easier to fight back in a minority, so the game stuff is also not in favor of the losing sides. Again, I do agree in some part of what you saying. There are always people who quit to soon, hell, that has always been my tactic in the speedrounds R6B won(Without the last 2, who had nothing to do with fighting). The difference is made by those who are willing to fight back, but it's a fact a lot of people won't, which also won't change ever in this game.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 09:13   #33
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Blaze you actually seem one of the few decent people left, no you can't win but you can at least be a pain in the neck for the remainder of the round and that's fun in itself, there'll come a time shortly when FAnG and friends will be forced to start dropping allies that's when you can really start to fight back, I'd just gather a group of like minded players (I'm sure not everyone left is like Wadows) form a battle group and kick about doing that for the rest of the round hell it's got to be better than idling in IRC chat rooms and moaning on the forums

Hicks is right. Instead of moaning form some Battlegroups and be a pain in the arse. Unlike other rounds under this new system you can destroy structures. Why not weigh your fleets down with ships that will destroy the planets infrustructure. I see plenty of attacks from cath players who are using structure destroying ships as flak. Build more of them. If you wave someone you will soon destroy their ability to actually defend themselves as you will be taking out the means for them to produce ships. of course the better HC's who are actually trying to win a war for their alliances and not just sit on a pile of shiney roids already know this.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 10:27   #34
Wandows
[Vision]

Quote:
Firstly I didn't compare now and Round 6 them Wadows implied that I'd ever lost at Planetarion I told him that I had twice and that I'd taken far more incoming than he could ever dream about. Feel free to re read what I posted.

Your right the universe was bigger but so were the alliances, the current gripe seems to be that FMP control about a third of the players (I’m taking this from Lord Dain’s thread) in Round 6 FoS/XeTa controlled well over half the players in the universe. Nothing short of a miracle would have won Round 6 we knew a loss was likely at the start, we knew once our intelligence was bringing in reports of hostile galaxies in cluster that it was going to be tough but most of us decided we’d go down fighting not just stop playing.

You seem to be arguing there was no difference in attitudes between then and now while I’ll accept that accept the situation was different but not hugely (Try being in a flagship galaxy and then see if the incoming ever stops when the enemy has a non aggression pact with most of the universe and revenge on it’s mind). I don't remember many of our members rushing to the forums to cry about losing I seem to remember most of us buckling down for the long haul even if politics hadn't have changed I can guarantee you the core of both Fury and Legion would have spent the remainder of Round 6 fleet hunting and doing what ever we could to make your round difficult, you know why ? because we had the ability and balls to see past the numbers in a database, **** winning, **** asteroids it was about giving a good account of yourselves something I think we did very well.

Also the politics are likely to shift quite soon this round, one of the three are going to get stabbed if any of you clown heads managed to keep your alliances organized and attacking you could probably mount a decent fight but that would actually require something other than sitting on IRC moaning. A handful of galaxies proved in Round 9 that you can survive when horrifically out gunned, you can get a decent rank and you can be a pain I'm sure a handful will again heck this thread is evidence of that, what makes me sad though and this brings me back to my orginal post is that the majority are simply ready to quit rather than fight through the rough times.
There is quite a difference between current round and r6, in r6 FLTTV wasn't really bashed that bad, and due to the numbers it was hard to take everyone down, so once it stagnated the politics quickly turned... Atm we have a stagnated universe, as there isn`t that much happening besides getting huge incs and still trying to do some decent attacks to get some roids. All we atm are doing is waiting, as our current size difference doesn`t allow us to do anything decent back (the eta stuff makes it quite easy to cover incomings once you outgrew your enemy), its alot harder to fleet catch then it was in r6 (launching shitloads of Fi eta 6 just before tick, where that is impossible now) so its very hard to get even a small victory under the circumstances. I am not saying we aint`t trying as i am still flying out on attacks/defs every day as are may of my alliance m8s, but i am simply saying that there is no reall point in it atm as we aren`t gaining much from it.

And when there isn't much to win (no incluster eta victory or anything) its hard to keep the spirit up for all ppl, would this have been r6 like i doubt it would have gone like it did cuz military wise you had alot more (eta) options availeble in the old rounds, which allowed small victories and boosting your morale like that which wouldn't make the fight a total loss. With the current set up i don`t see that happening
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 11:50   #35
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
Your right the universe was bigger but so were the alliances, the current gripe seems to be that FMP control about a third of the players (I’m taking this from Lord Dain’s thread) in Round 6 FoS/XeTa controlled well over half the players in the universe.
'Control' meant very different things back then. Everybody had to have a side in the great war, no matter if they were really involved or not. FoS in particular were expert at controlling eg. a 25 planet gal with a single Guild member in it. No doubt it helped them a bit, they were able to stop the gal attacking FoS and often get a recall if the gal defended against FoS. But they didn't really 'own' the gal's firepower. FPM could now, if it was needed, launch almost 1/3rd of the universe's ships in sync, in the same tick, at targets of their choosing. That's proper control.

As for Fury not giving up in round 6, there were 2-3 almost pure Fury gals in my cluster (c29) that gave in completely. To be fair it was one of the most XeTa dominated clusters around, and there were rumous the Fury players left to play their farm gals. But I'm sure Fury as a whole took a huge activity hit. Of course there were those that carried on, and there are now. There were also many that left, and if they didn't whine on these boards it's because they either couldn't be arsed, they were drowned out by Deus propoganda, or because of the rules Fury/Legion had back then dictating what their members could post on AD.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 12:03   #36
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Fury didn't bring itself back in round6 and if u think Fury is renowned for their comback in that round, u might be mistaking a tad.
I don't think Fury was bad that round, I just would like to point out that we (meaning the FoS HC's) have brought Fury backl into the game by giving them a chance to crawl back on their feet aside us.
Some didn't want to do it , because of Fury's history on this field ), but after a lot of discussion, we decided that it would be better in order to avoid stagnation.

U could get up on your feet while xeta was targetting the FoS alliances (fury targets had become too small to attack) and also u could take part in our organised attacks on Xeta, which helped u come back a lot too.

It was that produced Fury's comeback in r6, not fury or its command. That's sadly something Fury never did in the past themselves, because the command knew that it would mean losing some roid-hungry, unable-to-lose members. Or maybe the command didn't want to lose their roids themselves?
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)

Last edited by Riddim; 14 Apr 2004 at 19:21.
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 16:42   #37
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
lol.. whatever. I know the average FPM player well enough to know that your alliances (well maybe not MISTU) would have disbanded by now if you would have been in our shoes, to bad you aren`t
laugh all you like, but some of your members are doing that

Oh, and last round we were outnumbered about as much as you are this round, yet we fought on till a little incident occured, pity you don't know us as much as you think
Ultores
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 16:46   #38
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
Also 3 ticks attacking makes it easier to fight back in a minority, so the game stuff is also not in favor of the losing sides. Again, I do agree in some part of what you saying. There are always people who quit to soon, hell, that has always been my tactic in the speedrounds R6B won(Without the last 2, who had nothing to do with fighting). The difference is made by those who are willing to fight back, but it's a fact a lot of people won't, which also won't change ever in this game.
1 tick also makes it harder to kill someone completely, if anything, its much easier to grow back with this style than it was in rd6..one attack then could have taken most of your roids, this round most you lose is 25% of your roids, if you move your fleet ofc...
Ultores
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 16:55   #39
Wandows
[Vision]

Quote:
laugh all you like, but some of your members are doing that

Oh, and last round we were outnumbered about as much as you are this round, yet we fought on till a little incident occured, pity you don't know us as much as you think

hmm... i wonder who was in a shared channel/allied to you then , maybe i know the way ur alliance plays alot better then you think
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 17:03   #40
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
Oh, and last round we were outnumbered about as much as you are this round
Eh?

EET were the outnumbered party last round (even after NoS etc... came on board, which was late on). Granted your block was a less organised, random collection of NAPs and alliances, more 'organic' you might say, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 21:26   #41
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddim
Fury didn't bring itself back in round6 and if u think Fury is renowned for their comback in that round, u might be mistaking a tad.
I don't think Fury was bad that round, I just would like to point out that we (meaning the FoS HC's) have brought Fury backl into the game by giving them a chance to crawl back on their feet aside us.
Some didn't want to do it , because of Fury's history on this field ), but after a lot of discussion, we decided that it would be better in order to avoid stagnation.

U could get up on your feet while xeta was targetting the FoS alliances (fury targets had become too small to attack) and also u could take part in our organised attacks on Xeta, which helped u come back a lot too.

It was that produced Fury's comeback in r6, not fury or its command. That's sadly something Fury never did in the past themselves, because the command knew that it would mean losing some roid-hungry, unable-to-lose members. Or maybe the command didn't want to lose their roids themselves?
You make it sound like you allied with us to do us a favor, to make the round fun, give me a break even Deus themselves admitted it was all a play, you NAPed FLVTT out of necessity, if you hadn't Xanadu and friends would have made very short work of you. You didn't do anything to avoid stagnation and play heroes you did it because there was no way you could fight XeTa especially due to the divisions within FoS.

As for us tagging along on your attacks on XeTa most of the large hits were done and planned by FLVTT, the huge attack on Adelante was a Fury fleet catch which FoS tagged along on later waves, the first hit on Casablanca was a Fury/Legion attack, the campaign which put Space Trasen from Top 5 to out of the Top 50 was a Legion attack, the attacks on Silver City were FLVTT. I can't remember any of the huge attacks being FoS managed, fine you may have contributed ships on some but the majority of the planning was done by us, by the time the war with XeTa started most of the FoS BCs were either burnt out or spies, the only ND I ever saw speak in #wc (It was #wc in Round 6 wasn't it ?) was the mental guy who went nuts when we stopped letting you go in the booking channels.

Our growth towards the end of the round was phenomenal, why do you think the tag was [Not Dead] ? So only we could see now quickly we were growing, most of our core galaxies had already pushed their way back up the rankings. If the round hadn't ended when it did then WP/NoS would have been killed very shortly followed by you. Just remember who does Sliekas thank for letting him win the round ? Sid not any members of FoS HC. At round end there were more FLVTT in the top 20 as there were Deus/ND/hirr (Drivo, breeze and Zeddius vs puss, hupa, Fred and Loki^).

You can keep pretending you did Round 6 to change the game but really you were just as selfish as everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
But I'm sure Fury as a whole took a huge activity hit. Of course there were those that carried on, and there are now. There were also many that left, and if they didn't whine on these boards it's because they either couldn't be arsed, they were drowned out by Deus propoganda, or because of the rules Fury/Legion had back then dictating what their members could post on AD.
You'd be surprised at Fury activity wise. Perhaps you guys should come up with some anti whine rules.

Quote:
1 tick also makes it harder to kill someone completely, if anything, its much easier to grow back with this style than it was in rd6..one attack then could have taken most of your roids, this round most you lose is 25% of your roids, if you move your fleet ofc...
Exactly there’s two sides to every statement.

I accept that Round 6 isn’t the same as now hell I only mentioned Round 6 as Wadows implied I’d never lost at Planetarion and if I did I’d be off crying like these guys are today. I wasn’t trying to make a comparison it only got brought up so much after I was told we didn’t actually get hit that hard. The underlying point of my original post was the lack of spine in most people who play this game like in Round 9 most of you have rolled over after less than a fortnight, those who don’t will probably go on to do quite well just as those who didn’t in Round 9 did. Some serious questions need to be asked about those in command who allow attitudes such as I’m losing so I quit to happen.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 21:49   #42
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
There is quite a difference between current round and r6, in r6 FLTTV wasn't really bashed that bad, and due to the numbers it was hard to take everyone down, so once it stagnated the politics quickly turned...
after reading that i already dismissed your post with the words "clueless"

My galaxy was ranked #1 our clustergals were ranked #2 and #12 when the onslought started.
We dropped from min 1k roids each to below 100 before they stopped harassing us. Only singularity kept his roids alive since most of the gal sacrified their ships and roids to save him.
Yet he was stuck with below 2k. Same happened to most other players. Galaxys which were top10 rushed to beeing top1000 so pardon me if you say "not really totally bashed".

Unlike today ppl knew revenge and anger as emotions.
True we suffered for awhile but we didnt give up, Superted and ministry commandgal also in our cluster got swiftly toppled, eventho we managed to become rank 100 or 105 in the end we nailed them down even below us and they putted the famous "kermit vs superted R@ped" up in the end, those 2 hostile gals were still top20. Regardless to say that this was something which happened in r4 and r6 equally, why fury had in r4 the phoenix as its symbol, getting rid of its dead weight and beeing reborn in fire.
Tho i agree after the split we had more breath, nevertheless we fought back, or how do you think did we keep eshtar alive, by sacrifing our other gals and by swallowing our pride and getting up to defend. Same as redbulls and many other bg's or alliances did each night when they lost.

Thats the difference between old pa and new pa, sadly.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 21:51   #43
Wandows
[Vision]

well... how can we prevent ppl from deleting themselves? its not like "Hey if you delete yourself you`ll be booted from the alliance" that isn't exactly gonna help as the person who is being booted won't care at that point

And me "whining" has nothing to do with my spine... i am still playing and quite actively aswell, as are many others in my alliance, i am just pointing out (or trying to) what the effect of a playstyle like this will be on planetarion itself, based on what i see happening around me. Less and less ppl are willing to pay for a game where they end up being bashed (which is under the current circumstances not real fun, it would have been very different with r6 stats/gameplay for example)
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 21:57   #44
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

wrg to riddim, ask anyone from Xanadu - Xeta who did most damage, the miraculus FOS or the [not dead] forces ?
I had the honor to lead a battlegroup which consisted mostly of furys -virus - T&P and allied galaxys.
Working with Adam, biggie, bigcheese and many others. We might have been small but we took per gal just 2 planets and we pwned each night a top20 galaxys. for 14 days straight. and not just attack, they lost shitloads, we were one of the few bgs breaking through on silvercity and LDK before they changing their tactic to let sliekas win.
Regardless of that we never were scared to fight or to lose, something [not dead] also stood for, we didnt come for roids we came for destruction.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 22:24   #45
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point

It pains me to say this Riddim, but I'm afraid Hicks and Focht are right.

FoS was really badly organised and the divisions in it were really obvious in the joint channels.

Of course when it came to organisation my own alliance was by far the worst offender. I was fine at organising ETY (with its 70ish members), but I found trying to organise Guild (with almost 300 members) was totally different and much harder. Especially with certain other people seemingly working against me or just being plain useless.
We would book targets, but attacks only went out if I was online and active enough to force the issue with those who should be dealing with it.
I would say we averaged less than one galaxy per day. Which is quite disgusting for such a large alliance.

What divisions?!
NoS/WP seemed prepared to backstab whomever they desired, first Deus and then Cell if they had had it thier way (well they did backstab Cell, just the round did not last quite long enough for anything to happen in-game).
Guild also was not making friends in FoS. I do not think we ever stopped recruiting (big mistake when we cannot even organise our current members), so were constantly adding to the arbiter. Of course some noticed that our claimed targets were not always being attacked. And a certain colleague of mine had a habit of losing her temper in the joint channels (and in in-game mails). I would often have to apologise for that.

I am sure there were various justifications for NAPping FLTTV. And I know that a couple of FoS alliances were particularly upset about it. That is where much tension between NoS and Cell emanated.
I am also sure that had we not NAPped FLTTV we would probably have died (although I am sure NoS/WP would have found some way out of danger).

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 18:05   #46
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not interested in the whole FoS/XeTa/whatever crap so I'll just talk about the attitude of the rape victims in this case, and compare with my experiences.

R4 was my worst round score-wise; medium alliance, hostile para, little support. I spent most of it getting loads of inc and desperately trying to squeeze out a tiny bit more defence. It was great fun.

R7 I was in a Fury galaxy and spent the round getting big and fat, and bored. And laughing at Nadval. It only got fun when the Titans was silly enough to trust Lego to be able to run itself in a reasonable manner, instead of beating them into the floor with Fury as I'd have loved to see. Post Consortium r7 was ace; I lost my whole fleet a few times and had a good time.

R8 I was in Rob's gal and we came top 10, no offence to the gal but it was probably the round I enjoyed least. Boring as hell for me.

I never did understand why people come whining to the forums when they start losing - be grateful - you're in for a round of fun with people that may not be the best players but are really far more fun than the cheating, glory-seeking arsewipes so prevalent in the winning alliances. Trust me.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 20:42   #47
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahriman: I kinda agree, currently I'm under constant attack by a group of FPM players (who's total value is about 10* my own), and it's decent fun. I feel I'm having far more fun than my ex GC who is having long periods of boredom whilst he just sits on a pile of roids, with just one incoming fleet all round :/

My # of hostile incoming fleets is now up to 56 btw

Colt, mind getting your galmates, and the other people hitting me off me for a bit? I'm starting to get tired :/ Besides, surely your 22 mil gal on their own can take me? Is there any need for the extras from other random gals?

Last edited by Shaithess; 18 Apr 2004 at 20:57.
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 21:00   #48
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

loosing is fun (and im not being cinical)
btw you indeed had the complete memberlist of FPM at tick 1, but still you think we are the unfair
gratz
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 21:05   #49
Blazde
Elysium

As if memberlists mean **** in a 2k player universe
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 21:44   #50
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithess
Colt, mind getting your galmates, and the other people hitting me off me for a bit? I'm starting to get tired :/ Besides, surely your 22 mil gal on their own can take me? Is there any need for the extras from other random gals?
hmm, well i dont control what they do, like i said in the other thread, they like to hit ppl who have hit our gal..and its by no means an organised raid on you Extras? if any other planets are hitting you it is a complete coincidence as we havent organised a raid on you, just the odd planet from our gal hitting you when they want a target
Ultores