User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 20 Apr 2012, 12:11   #1
S0LDaDo

S0LDaDo is an unknown quantity at this point
First hand experience

Hey every1, this is not so much a suggestion as a first feelings impression.

I played Planetarion probably between 2002-2004 (at least this forum account says I last logged in to it on 1 July 2004). I belonged to SWaRM (helped pay for my account a few times ) and I remember everything being highly interactive, intuitive and easily explained.

Ofc things will change over a decade but I just registered and account and some things feel familiar but many do not. I'm writing this quite early in my in-game experience so I'm sure/hope that I'll overcome many of my questions and doubts.

The game doesn't feel very easy for a noob to get in. I remember the old starting guide, having a step by step suggestion of precisely what to do. In the one I read, it gives only pointers. A newb like me is not sure of what to do nor if he has done things right. Having a more direct and strict guide, would help me get into the game more quickly, because I would know instantly if my in-game actions were working as stated in the guide (whereas now, I just guess and wonder if I am understanding the game correctly and really doing what I think I ordered to do).

One example of confusion: I put in construction a Metal Refinery. As I'm starting and I've noticed we have bonus to spend, I allocated 750 CU to have it insta-built. I go to construction page and I still see that Metal Refinery under construction. After some thinking, I noticed that it showed I had 1 built already. My thought would have been that the one under construction would have been instantly-finished.

Maybe when using the starting points, one could get a message of finished production/reasearch/etc, to make the game more lively.
Usually, in these kind of games, the first few hours are very "busy" and you keep building and researching the startings thing, and its fun. In PA, things seem a little bit "meh" to me, which at a start of a game, is not good.

Anyways, hope you don't take this the wrong way, it's really just first impressions. I loved this game and it is amazing how long it has lasted!

Cheers everyone
Unread 20 Apr 2012, 15:14   #2
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Re: First hand experience

the "busy-ness" of the start of round went out of the game when they brought in the startup bonus. The hectic initing roids every tick at the start of the round dissapeared and so the first 12 ticks has become rather idle.
This is untill around shuffle, where you get to see how lucky you are in terms of gal mates then nothing for a further 12 ticks (tick 24) when you're allowed to attack. While this is reduced from 72 i feel the idle side of planetarion has increased.
Unread 20 Apr 2012, 15:24   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: First hand experience

Did you read the beginners manual and watch the tutorial video?

I would assume these help somewhat.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote