User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 10:15   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm such a twat

So last night I went out, and then drove home.

I got stopped by the police for drink driving. They've impounded my car until this evening, and I don't know what's going to happen.

I'm going to be so pissed off if I lose my licence.

I'm such a dick
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 10:19   #2
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Re: I'm such a twat

mmm well at least you relaise what a complete fool you were, i think you should lose your licence, what would have happened if you had knocked someone down

Think of all the pain and grief you would cause to some family

tsm
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 10:20   #3
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that's the least that could of happened in the you deserved it you twat case scenarios.

The fact your going to be pissed off about losing your licence wants to make me rip you a new asshole.

IF you are that ****ing irresponsible you shouldn't be let near a car till they've ****ing reprogrammed you with drugs and brainwashing.

Seriously.

Drinking and driving at any sort of level is not cool, People get arrested for threatening people with guns, you've just threatened everyone with a car.

Stripped of your licence and forced to resit from lesson 1 to get back your licence is the least some twat like yourself should get in a less than ideal world, it would make people stop and ****ing think about what they are doing.

However if you were to present some evidence that you were spiked then that is forgiven as long as you persue whoever could be responsible.

Anyway my two cents on yes your a dick and no you haven't done yourself any favours by telling people you'd be pissed off if the most they'd do is take your licence.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 10:30   #4
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Drink drivers have no avenue to bitch about
a) the cops
b) the repercussions of their act
c) loosing their licence
d) being called a dick

You deserved it, simple as that. Next time make sure you leave the car at home or get someone to take the keys. I know people who'd say they'd never drink and drive, then when they have a few pints...they swear they can drive ok.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 10:36   #5
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

/Posting in a thread where agreeing with Sunday is allowed.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 10:41   #6
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I agree with sunday (!!)
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 10:57   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Stripped of your licence and forced to resit from lesson 1 to get back your licence is the least some twat like yourself should get in a less than ideal world, it would make people stop and ****ing think about what they are doing.
I don't think the authorities can ever force anyone to take driving lessons, even before they've driven a car.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 11:00   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
I don't think the authorities can ever force anyone to take driving lessons, even before they've driven a car.
Well if they want to get behind the wheel of a car again if you know what I mean.

Context could of done with being clearer there I admit.

Point taken.

Anything else?
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 11:45   #9
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

No sympathy.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 11:55   #10
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

erm, standard over reaction from twats.

Drink driving isnt so bad.

Edit: Just to clarify, i dont drive at all, but I dont see any problem in people who have had a few pints driving a car. And I've been in the car with drink drivers a lot.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 12:03   #11
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
erm, standard over reaction from twats.

Drink driving isnt so bad.

Edit: Just to clarify, i dont drive at all, but I dont see any problem in people who have had a few pints driving a car. And I've been in the car with drink drivers a lot.
Your a ****ing moron.

Your 6 times more likely to have a serious accident even if you under the drink drive limit.

**** you. People are killed, maimed and scarred for life because people like you condone getting behind the wheel while impared by alcohol.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 12:10   #12
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I had 2 pints.

One at 6pm. One at 12 midnight. I was driving at 2am or so.

I have no idea how I was over the limit.

I took this test at the station and the "standard" number is 30-35. That's with no alcohol in the system. I was at 70. I don't know if that's a lot or not (does anyone?).

My problem is now convincing the authorities that I only had those 2 pints. They must get loads of guys shouting "Spiked!" or whatever.

How the hell am I supposed to defend myself in a case like that? The barpeople won't recognise me to vouch they only got me cokes
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 12:12   #13
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Well you are supposed to be able to rid a unit of alcohol from your system in an hour. So that's about half a pint.
So two hours for one pint, so by 12 you should have been ok but by 2 you would have had some still in your system. This also depends on the strenght of the beers.

Isn't the legal limit 80mg per litre of blood?
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 12:16   #14
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

to defend yourself? you can't, as the facts are against you. actually it doesnt matter if you drink 1 pint or 10 pints, if your alcohol level is too high you are rightly not allowed to drive.

sorry but no sympathy from me, get over it, shit happends you know. besides for how long will you loose your license?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 12:19   #15
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Your a ****ing moron.

Your 6 times more likely to have a serious accident even if you under the drink drive limit.

**** you. People are killed, maimed and scarred for life because people like you condone getting behind the wheel while impared by alcohol.
I sense much anger in you. People are killed because somebody who doesnt drive thinks that drink driving (to a certain extent) isnt a crime up there with murder?
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 12:27   #16
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
I sense much anger in you. People are killed because somebody who doesnt drive thinks that drink driving (to a certain extent) isnt a crime up there with murder?
No, I said people like you who condone drink driving, openly say you dont feel it's wrong, openly say you will get into a car with a drunk driver, are the people who let this scurge continue.

You contribute to the fact that drunk ****heads are behind the wheel risking the life of not only themselves, but you and innocent people just for the sake of their own convenience.

Would you get on a plane if you were in the bar before hand knowing back a few with the pilots? What about the air traffic controlers? What about train drivers? Bus drivers? Would you allow a doctor to treat you after he's had a few? How about a surgeon?

Shut up. No level of drinking and driving should be tolerated. My grandfather was hit by a drunk driver when he was 60. He was a totally healthy man, the driver hit him on the footpath, crushed his hip, broke his leg in 4 places, broke his shoulder, broke his wrist and several ribs. He suffers terrible from this now.

He cant walk anymore. He gets pain down his side constantly. He cant use his arm properly. He still has flashbacks to it. All because the driver decided that it was OK to get behind the wheel.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 12:37   #17
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
You contribute to the fact that drunk ****heads are behind the wheel risking the life of not only themselves, but you and innocent people just for the sake of their own convenience.
Tabling the motion you replace "convenience" with "hedonism".
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 12:47   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
Tabling the motion you replace "convenience" with "hedonism".
I apologise for nothing!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 13:02   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
No, I said people like you who condone drink driving, openly say you dont feel it's wrong, openly say you will get into a car with a drunk driver, are the people who let this scurge continue.

Would you get on a plane if you were in the bar before hand knowing back a few with the pilots? What about the air traffic controlers? What about train drivers? Bus drivers? Would you allow a doctor to treat you after he's had a few? How about a surgeon?

Shut up. No level of drinking and driving should be tolerated. My grandfather was hit by a drunk driver when he was 60. He was a totally healthy man, the driver hit him on the footpath, crushed his hip, broke his leg in 4 places, broke his shoulder, broke his wrist and several ribs. He suffers terrible from this now.

He cant walk anymore. He gets pain down his side constantly. He cant use his arm properly. He still has flashbacks to it. All because the driver decided that it was OK to get behind the wheel.
You have your opinions, I have mine. We're both entitled to them. Believe it or not, they call it free speech.

I do believe it is ok for people who have had 3 or 4 pints (in a generous period of time, not in 30 minutes) to drive, if they feel they are capable of it.

I also feel it is ok for people who have stopped drinking for a good couple of hours towards the end of the night, to drive home, as long as they feel they are capable of it.

This theory has served my friends and I very well, we've never been in a crash, scrape, near miss, or other incident, even though we've probably done this 50-100 times on a night out. I can understand your views that we are playing russian roulette with our lives as well as the lives of others, and what happened to your grandad is a terrible thing.

That doesnt however give you the right to insult me.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 13:09   #20
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

if you only drank what you say you did you were not over the limit
to find out more information you should phone the police station that arrested you

anyone who drinks and drives should not be allowed a driving licence every again
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 13:11   #21
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
You have your opinions, I have mine. We're both entitled to them. Believe it or not, they call it free speech.

I do believe it is ok for people who have had 3 or 4 pints (in a generous period of time, not in 30 minutes) to drive, if they feel they are capable of it.

I also feel it is ok for people who have stopped drinking for a good couple of hours towards the end of the night, to drive home, as long as they feel they are capable of it.

This theory has served my friends and I very well, we've never been in a crash, scrape, near miss, or other incident, even though we've probably done this 50-100 times on a night out. I can understand your views that we are playing russian roulette with our lives as well as the lives of others, and what happened to your grandad is a terrible thing.

the problem with your point of view is that your relying on your own judgement.
after 3-4 pints.

[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 13:13   #22
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
if you drink and drive you are an idiot
even if you believe you are capable your judgement is impaired

i dont give two ****ing hoots if you kill yourself or your equally dumb mates
but you are wilfully endangering the lives of others
so arent responsible enough to be allowed a licence to drive
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 13:38   #23
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:

*snip*

It's not just my opinon, it's most peoples and it's the LAWS opinon.

I does give me the right to ridicule your point of view becuase your point of view represents a section of the community that causes terrible harm each year because of their own arrogance.

You say you've never had a near miss, well that lucky. Your 6 times more likely to have a crash though, so your luck might run out sooner than you think.

So what if you've been in a drunk drivers car 50-100 times and not had a crash. It doesnt mean that they are any less of a danger behind the wheel.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 14:11   #24
sayonara
Shai Halud

Three cheers for Natural Selection!

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 14:22   #25
Tomkat

I've got to go in at 6pm anyway (I think to pick up my car).

It's strange in Jersey - I don't know if I'll go through the courts, or what. I did ask last night what I could do, and they gave me all those neutral answers that people give - "the official response".

So noone knows what's best to do? ie: try to convince them I only had 2 pints, and something somewhere went wrong, or perhaps I had my drinks spiked etc. Or should I just bite the bullet, be very apologetic and humble, and hope whatever penalty I get is reduced because of it?
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 14:30   #26
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Well I wouldn't try to lie about the drinks being spiked. Mainly because they'd say "couldnt you taste the alcohol in the drink?" etc.

Lying to police officers and a court system won't do you any favours if they can pick the lie apart. Just be truthful about it.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 14:39   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Drinking and driving is worse than rape.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 14:41   #28
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Drink driving is worse than Eastenders.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 14:49   #29
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
This Forum is worse than Eastenders.
FIXED!
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 14:57   #30
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i dont drink drive, as i dont drive...

i have been in a car with people who are drunk though (not much, just when it was 'neccesary' and no one was not drinking) and a couple of times with someone on pills (which imo is probably even more dangerous but again was 'neccesary'). I'm not proud of it, but i think the way its being portrayed in this thread is frankly absurd. kthxbye.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:11   #31
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Drinking and driving is worse than rape.

What the ****?

If that isnt trolling, justify your answer please.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:15   #32
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
It's not just my opinon, it's most peoples and it's the LAWS opinon.

I does give me the right to ridicule your point of view becuase your point of view represents a section of the community that causes terrible harm each year because of their own arrogance.

You say you've never had a near miss, well that lucky. Your 6 times more likely to have a crash though, so your luck might run out sooner than you think.

So what if you've been in a drunk drivers car 50-100 times and not had a crash. It doesnt mean that they are any less of a danger behind the wheel.
Fine, your entitled to your opinion, as is everybody else.

The fact that half of you lot here seem to find drink driving a crime somewhat akin to murder is what mystifys me.

6 times more likely to have a crash? Where has this statistic come from? And that means your chances of having a crash are still what, 10000-1?
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:17   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Drink and driving directly kills people. Rape harms them psychologically (which unless you believe in that "fate worse than death" bollocks is not as bad as dying). Obviously a rape where you then killed the person afterwards would be as bad/worse but the actual action of rape wouldn't be the element that caused the death.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:19   #34
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Drink and driving directly kills people. Rape harms them psychologically (which unless you believe in that "fate worse than death" bollocks is not as bad as dying). Obviously a rape where you then killed the person afterwards would be as bad/worse but the actual action of rape wouldn't be the element that caused the death.
Drink driving means there is a greater chance of you killing somebody. You're making a conscious choice to put people at a greater risk. You are not making a conscious decision that you're going to plough into somebody and kill them.

I think you'd also find that the majority of crashes involving drink drivers do not result in serious injury or death.

Rape itself is a conscious act to directly inflact harm, both physical and mental on an individual.

I dont see how you can compare the two to be honest.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:24   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Drink driving means there is a greater chance of you killing somebody. You're making a conscious choice to put people at a greater risk. You are not making a conscious decision that you're going to plough into somebody and kill them.

I think you'd also find that the majority of crashes involving drink drivers do not result in serious injury or death.

Rape itself is a conscious act to directly inflact harm, both physical and mental on an individual.

I dont see how you can compare the two to be honest.
Purely from the harm point of view it's just about percentages though. There's no absolute reason why someone can't enjoy being raped, there are many people who pay good money to indulge their fantasies in this area. I certainly agree that the likelihood of drink driving killing someone is less than the likelihood of rape harming someone but can you claim that anything is as bad as ending someone's life? I'm not too sure to be honest.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:24   #36
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Fine, your entitled to your opinion, as is everybody else.

The fact that half of you lot here seem to find drink driving a crime somewhat akin to murder is what mystifys me.

6 times more likely to have a crash? Where has this statistic come from? And that means your chances of having a crash are still what, 10000-1?
A drunk person behind the wheel of a car turns that car into a deadly weapon. Just as if you were pissed and playing with a handhgun. You might not accidently shoot it, you might accidently set it off and hit some tree but you might also accidently shoot some kid in the face.

Your recklessly endangering your life and other peoples lives. That is a serious crime in my book.
It's the reason my grandfather is the way he is.

And the statistic, 6 times more likely, comes from the Irish National Roads Association and Health Promotion Unit. This fact is printed, strangely enough, on the calander on my desk.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:34   #37
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
And the statistic, 6 times more likely, comes from the Irish National Roads Association and Health Promotion Unit. This fact is printed, strangely enough, on the calander on my desk.
you are probably ten times as likely to get in a serious accident if you have passengers in your car. that should be illegal too.

anyway whenever i read about accidents, if there was alcohol involved (and there generally is) the BAP is generally between .3 and .4. That's like ten drinks.

Anyway, having some small blood alcohol level makes it vastly more likely the rest of your car is full of drunks (you'll be 'the sober guy') and driving a car full of drunks not very conducive to safe driving. So clearly having a designated driver should be illegal too.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:38   #38
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

My car is a deadly weapon every time I drive. And that's not because I drive when I drink.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:41   #39
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

oh, and drink-driving is bad mmkay. I hope you all fold yourself 'round a tree. We (still) got enough of those anyway.
I'm in favour of some nice natural selection when it comes to irresponsible behaviour. And that in general, not only drink-driving.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:46   #40
Sunday8pm
Banned

Rids is the reason why Family x won't see Person y anymore.

Notice Rids is the only one supporting him here, Notice Rids is the only person here who takes his signature SERIOUSLY.

Oh and Rids, YOU ARE ****ING ENGLISH YOU ARE NOT MANX YOU DOPEY IGNORANT ****.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:46   #41
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Purely from the harm point of view it's just about percentages though. There's no absolute reason why someone can't enjoy being raped, there are many people who pay good money to indulge their fantasies in this area. I certainly agree that the likelihood of drink driving killing someone is less than the likelihood of rape harming someone but can you claim that anything is as bad as ending someone's life? I'm not too sure to be honest.
Some people want to be killed. Some people even go in for situations where they know they're likely to be killed. Like soldiers or people working high up in the Chinese government. You mean killing innocents. I'd say there is some reasonable level of fear about death. Otherwise cars and pretty much everything else should be banned. Drink driving is just an issue because it seems like there should be a lot of elasticity - we could save lives "easily" by moralising and scowling.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:48   #42
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
you are probably ten times as likely to get in a serious accident if you have passengers in your car. that should be illegal too.

anyway whenever i read about accidents, if there was alcohol involved (and there generally is) the BAP is generally between .3 and .4. That's like ten drinks.

Anyway, having some small blood alcohol level makes it vastly more likely the rest of your car is full of drunks (you'll be 'the sober guy') and driving a car full of drunks not very conducive to safe driving. So clearly having a designated driver should be illegal too.

So your saying we should let drunks roam the road? So your saying your an authority on the subject of road crashes and the amount of alcohol that influcences them?

Your point about drivers being more likely to crash with passengers is made up. Wheres you facts for this "10 times"? Pffh you just made that up. Depending on the passengers the amount of distraction to a driver will varey. Depending on the talent of the driver their likelyhood of them having an accident can varey.

It is KNOWN that any alcohol in the drivers system WILL effect their responce times and their concentration. This is a fact, this is what the problem is, this is what the law is there to prevent as we can legistate for this.

Shut up with your pointless arguments, drink driving is wrong and you know it.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:48   #43
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Otherwise cars and pretty much everything else should be banned. Drink driving is just an issue because it seems like there should be a lot of elasticity - we could save lives "easily" by moralising and scowling.
Now that's a troll.

I applaud you.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:52   #44
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis

Ok for a start in the UK you can consider anything more than a pint in an 8 hour peroid as a good sign you'll fail the breathlysers, I had friends who would keep themselves very responsible on this front, mainly cause it's twats like tomkat that means their insurance is so high.

As for designated drivers, Designated drivers are endorsed because the alternative is worse, letting 3-4 drunk people find their own way home, possibly driving themselves. The only place you can take this argument now is ALCOHOL OR CARS YOU CHOOSE WE CAN'T HAVE BOTH!

Which is drastically ignorant.

I'd say you should go with the flow and agree with the majority here cause surprisingly they are right.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:55   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Some people want to be killed. Some people even go in for situations where they know they're likely to be killed. Like soldiers or people working high up in the Chinese government. You mean killing innocents. I'd say there is some reasonable level of fear about death. Otherwise cars and pretty much everything else should be banned. Drink driving is just an issue because it seems like there should be a lot of elasticity - we could save lives "easily" by moralising and scowling.
There is the argument that if someone wants to be killed than they can kill themselves, whereas raping yourself is a fairly difficult task to accomplish. Of course certain people might want to be killed by being run over by a car but then again we're into percentages. As well as that I think the people in the scenarios you mentioned might have other overriding reasons, or possibly they enjoy being near to death but don't actually want to die.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:56   #46
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
So your saying we should let drunks roam the road? So your saying your an authority on the subject of road crashes and the amount of alcohol that influcences them?

Your point about drivers being more likely to crash with passengers is made up. Wheres you facts for this "10 times"? Pffh you just made that up. Depending on the passengers the amount of distraction to a driver will varey. Depending on the talent of the driver their likelyhood of them having an accident can varey.

It is KNOWN that any alcohol in the drivers system WILL effect their responce times and their concentration. This is a fact, this is what the problem is, this is what the law is there to prevent as we can legistate for this.

links me to an accident involving someone with less than a 0.1 BAP

ta

Quote:
Depending on the talent of the driver their likelyhood of them having an accident can varey.
this is also true for alcohol yes?
Quote:
Your point about drivers being more likely to crash with passengers is made up. Wheres you facts for this "10 times"? Pffh you just made that up.
the 'six times' statistic is also made up though.

it's an impossible statistic to know without knowing at any given moment what percentage of all drivers are drunk. which no one knows.

you could estimate what percentage, but then you are calculating a statistic from something made up, which is the same as making it up.

you could also estimate how much more likely someone is to get in an accident by modeling using the slowing of reaction time. but that's just making it up too.

Last edited by acropolis; 22 Jul 2004 at 16:01.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:57   #47
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Rids is the reason why Family x won't see Person y anymore.

Notice Rids is the only one supporting him here, Notice Rids is the only person here who takes his signature SERIOUSLY.

Oh and Rids, YOU ARE ****ING ENGLISH YOU ARE NOT MANX YOU DOPEY IGNORANT ****.
You really are a poor poster. Infact, you get shockingly worse everyday.

Now, if you were capable of reading, and comprehending. You would notice that I have infact stated that I dont drive, at all. How somebody who doesnt drive at all is going to be responsible for a drink driving related death is beyond me.

Also, funnily enough, my signature isnt actually that serious. Would you honestly feel if I was completely serious and motivated about a subject, I'd choose to represent it with a football chant? Are you that niave? That absolutely dumbfoundingly ****ing idiotic?

I'm english? Shit, I wish somebody would have told me that before. Funny, all that being born and living in London... You'd think I would have twigged to being english wouldnt you?

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 16:00   #48
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
The debate (at least from my point of view) has never been that drink driving isnt wrong. I just dont see it as being anywhere close to as bad a crime as you all make it out to be.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 16:02   #49
Sunday8pm
Banned

Cause you condone the behaviour of your friends doing said thing.

I't like me being perfectly ok with people who were going to be a danger to the society if they had not taken their meds etc and knowingly did nothing about it UNTIL something happened.

That truly is life's retarded answer to morality.

I forget you are the phone guy and not the manx guy, I dunno you just scream I'm a skinhead and a I wear the george's cross to me.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 16:04   #50
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
The debate (at least from my point of view) has never been that drink driving isnt wrong. I just dont see it as being anywhere close to as bad a crime as you all make it out to be.

Well if that's the case then we are clearly not going to change your mind by pointing out how reckless it is. How people think like you every day and how that infulences public opinon and drink drivers themselves. How drink dirvers think as you and are so arrogant in their own beliefs that they go out every day and wreck lives. How personal experiences of what drink driving can do to families and to people.

If that won't convince you that drink driving is a serious problem that needs to be stamped out, then nothing will (except maybe you being hit by a drunk driver and I don't wish that on anyone).