User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Aug 2008, 10:34   #1
rpsmith

rpsmith is on a distinguished road
Fleet Recalls

A. Allow for the planet under attack to not only send a recall notice but allow for the notice to automatically recall the defense to its home planet.

B. (This one probably is much more difficult) Allow a battle coordinator (or fleet commander) to send recalls that automatically stop attacks.

Simply, it is an idea to allow some people to get some rest after they launch their fleets. (A) would definitely be much simplier to implement with a message verification routine to identify the sender. (B) would require some effort in order to verify the legitimate sender.

While this would benefit the larger alliances the most, the smaller alliances even gals would benefit to some degree. It could also allievate some of the time required of players strained for time. It may mean some people can get a good night's sleep once in a while.
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 10:44   #2
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fleet Recalls

half the fun is seeing attacks crash

I dont think I agree with either of them tbh, the recall for def seems more useable to me, but most of the time recalls will be eta 1 or 2 anyway so it will make little difference for defence to be recalled automatically as U probably wont get Ur fleets back in time to do anything useful with them before the next day anyway. If there is an early recall then the chances are a reasonably active player will get the recall mail in time to get his fleet back to do something else anyway.

as for attack recalls I think that if you are unable to check in the morning then you should not be attacking. with prelaunch fleets can be launched at any time overnight so if you can only be on early in the morning then you should get your alliance to organize some early raids so U can check then, or if U can only check at lunch time then go on late raids. Generally most alliances will be willing to listen to members, if there are several members who need to attack at a particular time in order to be able to recall then I am sure the alliance will be willing to organize attacks at that time.

this suggestion would mean loads of work of a battle commander because it would end up with someone who cares alot about the alliance calcing out all the day's attacks so as to make sure there are no crashes.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 11:59   #3
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

If my fleet gets recalled automatically, it may run into a fleetcatch.
So no to auto-recalls.
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 13:34   #4
damo8
NewDawn HC

damo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematician View Post
So no to auto-recalls.
100% agree.
NewDawn - Scanner - Round 31
NewDawn - HC/Peon - Round 32
VisioN - Peon - Round 33
NewDawn - Peon - Round 33/34
NewDawn - HC - Round 35
damo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 13:38   #5
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
So no to auto-recalls.
There is that, and there is the fact that we are now starting to stray into that gray area of someone else manipulating what isnt theirs. My planet is my responsibility, I wouldnt want anyone, not even the BC of my alliance or the person I am defending to be able to recall my fleets even if doing so is the difference between losing my fleet or saving it.

Basically, if I am not there to recall, that is my fault.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 13:47   #6
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
So no to auto-recalls.
I've nearly fleetcaught myself loads of times by reading a recall mail and only remembering to check inc etas at the last minute. So I agree.

IMO your planet's your responsibility. If you're not active then you should perform less well/be less useful than someone who is more active...

I would like personalised fleet recall mails though. Eg be able to send 'all anti CO recall, but anti DE carry on' to your eta4 incs for eg.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 15:37   #7
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So no to auto-recalls.
Agree.

Someone really didn't sleep over it, before posting

Besides if your not apply to be there for recalls just don't attack.
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 16:45   #8
MRG

MRG is an unknown quantity at this point

Slippery slope. Next, your alliance will be launching your fleets as well. Play the game. Booji is right about crashes. We need you to get your rest while your fleet crashes. Pleasant dreams!
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 18:29   #9
rpsmith

OOPS, I stand corrected. I did not take fleet crashes in consideration in for the attacker. Thankfully I got through my first round without one on the attack. I did have 2 defensive fleet disasters neither of which my idea would have affected. Seeing as I never participated in a successful fleet catch I guess they slipped my mind. LOL

Not everyone is in the same time zone so people do sleep, work, and have a life at different times. I don't want to give up control of my planet but sacrificing some independence is done when you join an alliance. They may not launch your attacks but they already tell you who you should attack or defend.

Back to the corner to think of something else.
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 18:39   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was in mildly in favour of this, until mathematician made his excellent point. No go, next please.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 20:51   #11
rpsmith

Quote:
So no to auto-recalls.
Well you could always set it as optional somewhere. Where a planet could deny auto recalls. Just a thought.
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 21:54   #12
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

i disagree with A when it comes to launch resend kinda thing. Defeats the point of draining fleets then watching some get sucked in when people go to bed..

Also when it comes to B will mean alot more chicken will be played. For example in a big team up there is usually someone who cant make it to eta 1 just before tick. (or even afew cant) . If you made it so it was one mass recall it could litrally be done before tick en mass you would see alot more people roided because of all the fake def about.

6 Of us launch on a target, one person just needs to be there to recall it... Poor ziks

Far less fun when it comes to crashes..

Meh.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 22:45   #13
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I agree with the critics on this one, this is too much like giving someone else control of your fleet, and could lead to accidental FC and whatnot. Also once you start down this path where does it end? It seems to me that if we are going to allow this I should also be able to "call" fleets to me too. So for example lets say I jumpgated myself and saw I had prelaunch, I should be able to get ally mates to put defensive fleets in prelaunch for me, which I could call via command when I need them.... If we allowed this sort of thing however it turns the game away from being a team game, where team members are required to participate for team to win. It's a bit like a football coach putting remote controls on his real life players so he can control them with a remote control. At that point why have the players at all?

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2008, 08:26   #14
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically this would be once again one of the "newbie support" succestions. Just like the new P scan.

So in shorter words: Auto-Recall = No use to sign up.

It would ruin all the "fun". There would be no crashes anymore. So you could pretty much remove Zik as well.

Etc. Etc. Etc.
Unread 6 Aug 2008, 12:18   #15
Telcontar

Telcontar has a spectacular aura aboutTelcontar has a spectacular aura about

I definately agree with the general consensus that those ideas would be bad for the game.

And as for getting some sleep. If there is a will, there's a way. FCs, retals, solo attacks, etc... You can always find a way to get roids without joining early morning attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
I would like personalised fleet recall mails though. Eg be able to send 'all anti CO recall, but anti DE carry on' to your eta4 incs for eg.
Quoted for truth.

Check out the Planetarion Intelligence Agency
www.paganutopia.com
Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote