User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 5 May 2005, 17:35   #1
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold
Possibly the most Amatuerish Alliance in the game?

I know this is cruel and very probably i will get flamed for this but hey, if theyd come out and asked for advice or admitted they were new then fine. but the arrogance is classic and therefore they should be shamed. they.......The Borg Collective

http://www.rametpro.net/borg/index2.htm

I find these exerpts from the site particularly entertaining

1. OUR BANNER
Any galaxy displaying the banner of the Borg (top of this page) agrees to join the Collective. Such galaxies are off limits to attacks from the Borg unless they or their individual members do not assist the rest of the Alliance.
An alternative to the above banner is to add a Borg logo (such as the one below) to an existing banner.

2.OUR WARNING
Most Borg fleets have designations such as "FLEET 0309." This is a symbol of our unity and a warning to all those who oppose us. Needless to say, no galaxy wants twenty incoming fleets with Borg designations.

3. MORE INFORMATION
Contact planet 9:2:2 for more information about joining the Borg Collective.

Oh dear people what do you think you are doing. If ud gone about this confident yet aiming to learn then im all for it, there are many newbie alliances out there and good luck to u all, they all are trying hard and in cases like Hidden Agenda doing very well this however is just a joke, not only do they display their HC's coords on their site and put names to their fleets that easily identify them, they are also sending out in game mail from individual planets!! I would love to see someone like Hidden Agenda show these people how to make a go of a new alliance
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
Unread 5 May 2005, 17:39   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Possibly the most Amatuerish Alliance in the game?

I thought this is pretty funny aswell:

73 1 The Borg 779 4 127,554 510,216
Unread 5 May 2005, 17:45   #3
Kushan
[VsN]

Kushan is an unknown quantity at this point

hehehe Im with you all the way on this Keglomaniac hehe, this has made me chuckle too.

[APA] Kushan
Unread 5 May 2005, 17:49   #4
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

hehe glad i made someone smile :-P
/me sprinkles fun, laughs and arsenic over everyone

Unread 5 May 2005, 18:00   #5
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Unread 5 May 2005, 18:08   #6
Bodders

Bodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura about

Its nice to see a new alliance being forged in this game and i say good luck to them, coz they are gonna need it.

But i do have a few queries:

1. Why give out the co-ords?
2. What makes you think a member of your alliance will be able to have any of those logos in the gal banner unless they are the GC?
3. Why give out information on fleet designations? (not that this matters as many intelligent PA will notice the link)
4. Where is the motivation for people to join? please correct me if im wrong but you offer the same benefits as every other alliance but why should they pick you over the others?
5. As sniborp pointed out with some elegance you currently wouldnt stand a chance at helping your fellow "borg" unless you get attacked by tooth picks, so how will you make good on the below claim

" If you strike us, not only will we defend ourselves, but we will punish you for your arrogance."

Correct me and moan if im wrong but i dont think you are a threat to most of the player base.

But on a positive not good luck and atleast your banners look alright.
Unread 5 May 2005, 18:12   #7
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

Ive even now heard that some people saw The Borg around in r12, which makes it all even worse, didnt u learn anything from last round?

Unread 5 May 2005, 18:24   #8
Bodders

Bodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura about

Since round 12 you say.

I think the answer to your question would be a no then.

Oh by the way guys have you heard of this amazing programe call mIRC????

coz it would help if you actually had some form of a public channel that people know about and you wouldnt need to do stupid things like give out co-ords!

I think I deserve a medal for thinking of that.*

Anyway im done for now, maybe more later stay tuned.............

* blatent lie.
Unread 5 May 2005, 18:42   #9
Bodders

that was reasonable for me, if youdont believeme ask Keg
Unread 5 May 2005, 18:46   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodders
Its nice to see a new alliance being forged in this game and i say good luck to them, coz they are gonna need it.

But i do have a few queries:

Why ask these things from such an alliance?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 5 May 2005, 18:52   #11
Bodders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Why ask these things from such an alliance?
You have a point, i see the errors of my ways
Unread 5 May 2005, 18:55   #12
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think you will get flamed for this thread just a lot of smiles
/me chuckles some more

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 5 May 2005, 18:57   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm actually failing to understand this thread.

I'm sure resistance is futile anyway.
Unread 5 May 2005, 19:06   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg

3. MORE INFORMATION
Contact planet 9:2:2 for more information about joining the Borg Collective.

I thought I would add it to my siggy coz it just keeps making me giggle

Unread 5 May 2005, 19:12   #15
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

That bottom logo is actually pretty cool
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 5 May 2005, 19:14   #16
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

as long as they're having fun it's good for them.

we are the suckers, we who play just to quench our addiction and can't get away.
we hate it but still have to play it.
kill me.
plz.
Unread 5 May 2005, 19:16   #17
Kushan
[VsN]

hehehe I love this thread its making me have a good old chuckle.
Through reading the thread ive built up this image in my head of what the borg alliance is like and well I think I feel sorry for them now.

hehe Bodders and Keg stop being meanies now

Good luck Borg, good luck 9:2:2 (poor guy)

[APA] Kushan (chuckling)
Unread 5 May 2005, 19:27   #18
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

TBH i am very dissappointed and hope your supposition is correct and they are are not involved enuf to read these forums, cos that kind of attitude is likely to put them off the game.

imo they seam to have put in a some effort into forming this new ally, whilst they may not have read the HC101 thread (grrr!!!). if anyhting they need guidance not sneering at from the likes of yourself. you were unnecissarily harsh, but if it makes you feal better taking the p**s out of people trying to enjoy the game go ahead m8, you only embarrass yourself.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 5 May 2005, 19:33   #19
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask Alki if he likes the alliance "the bloody zulus"

my first gc(!) this round urged all of us in the gal to join his new alliance.
it ended in 4 of the guys ingal joined, as the only members...

good thing that I got exiled.

I see they're down there ranked 30-something. impressing tbh. 6 members now.
Unread 5 May 2005, 19:41   #20
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

lets all mail him and say good luck Borg ingame !!!

i will
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 5 May 2005, 19:42   #21
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

Barney if they had made an effort to learn maybe. but their attitude is so cocky and arrogant and if theyve been here a round already they obviously dont make enough effort to learn the ways of the game, as i previously stated im all for new alliances and giving them guidance, as the rest of them have a decent attitude and they happily ask for guidance. i give u the quote

OUR MISSION
It's no secret that surviving the Planetarion Universe often requires having friends in high places. The Borg Collective ensures just that. We are one, and we are many. If you strike us, not only will we defend ourselves, but we will punish you for your arrogance

that line in itself sums up my reasons for this thread. this isnt the attitude an alliance in their second round with no idea of what their doing should have. they seem to think they have nothing to learn. thats the feeling i get anyway. however to the other new alliances (especially Hidden Agenda) good luck and well done

Unread 5 May 2005, 19:43   #22
noah02
The Original Terran

Damn my Sig got taken away

Unread 5 May 2005, 19:49   #23
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Prince Raptor (9:2:2) lo Thu, 5 May 18:45
Thank you very much I hope to create an alliance capable of uniting the weak and vulnerable, those who lose hope on account of far too frequent attacks. We all know how unfun that can be.
------------------------------------
Good luck to the Borg Collective by the way -- Rinoa
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 5 May 2005, 19:49   #24
Bodders

Personally i dont believe i have taken the pi55 out of them, maybe how the alliance has been setup.

I may not post much on these forums but i do read them enough to see this type of thing happen alot so oh well life must go on.

Im a sarcastic person all the time and i have been here, ok not the best way to point our mistakes but ohwell.

In all honesty pointing out errors is a good thing, gives them a chance to do something about it and this was not harsh compared to what Keg or myself could have said.

One thing i have noticed though is that i did give ppl the chance to "correct me if im wrong" but ppl dont seem to have done so on any of my statements thus making me think i have left valid points. Maybe i could have ben more constructive with it.

If you wish to point out or discuss anything i said please feal free to and i will be happy to discuss them and if im wrong im wrong and i will apologise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
you only embarrass yourself.
ah but you forget one thing i could not care and knowing keg i doubt he does either.

If you want you can even give me negative reputation as well coz guess what i dont care about that too.
Unread 5 May 2005, 19:52   #25
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

to be honest i may have been a tad harsh but im a sarcastic bastard and thats another part of pa survival, putting up with that. and believe bodders in that both me and him could have been alot harsher. and also we dont get embarresed

Unread 5 May 2005, 19:57   #26
Loz

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

keg's scottish. nuff said.
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:00   #27
Kushan
[VsN]

I know Bodders and Keg and they are both silly billys in IRC hehe, sarcastic and twisted to the end they are and I wouldnt change them one bit hehe.

Go Borg Go!

[APA] Kushan
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:00   #28
Loz

well that was meant as a joke but clearly you didn't understand it. Keg will though, as I know keg.
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:02   #29
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

to be honest i think he meant me and if not then yes i know it was a joke, everythings a joke to me

Unread 5 May 2005, 20:03   #30
selmac
returning to my addiction

selmac has a spectacular aura aboutselmac has a spectacular aura about

Hey, everyone makes mistakes, as long as learn from them, thats all that counts. Its very hard to start a new alliance, as im sure alot of ppl would know, and there are alot of new alliances starting up every round.

So i say goodluck to The Borg, and i hope either in this round or the next, we will see you near us on the rankings.
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:09   #31
Bork
Blatant Hypocrite

Bork is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
lets all mail him and say good luck Borg ingame !!!

i will

LOL - good idea.

Dear Borg Leader,

I find your website excellent and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. My cerdit card number is etc. etc
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:17   #32
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by selmac
Hey, everyone makes mistakes, as long as learn from them, thats all that counts. Its very hard to start a new alliance, as im sure alot of ppl would know, and there are alot of new alliances starting up every round.
i agree with u selmac, but they dont seem to want to learn, that is my major point.

Unread 5 May 2005, 20:19   #33
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Stop being mean, you big bunch of bullies. Didn't those super-cool wristbands teach you all anything?!
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:20   #34
selmac
returning to my addiction

selmac has a spectacular aura aboutselmac has a spectacular aura about

Give it time keg, give it time. Im sure if they want to last and grow, then the will learn and possibly change their outlook a bit.
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:20   #35
Bodders

again i am forced to agree with Keg.

But at the end of the day i wish them the best of luck and not to take Keg and me at face value,.
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:21   #36
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

yes ryz they do, they teach me about chaffing

and yeah dont take what i say to heart to much im jus a mad scot

Unread 5 May 2005, 20:28   #37
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

who eats babies for breakfasts no doubt!

evil evil man(?)
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:34   #38
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

get in ma belly!!!! dya think im seeeexy??

Unread 5 May 2005, 20:35   #39
Bodders

no.......
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:40   #40
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

do we see some kind of bullying goin on between the lower ranks? APA and F-Crew who have established themselves takin a pick at a new alliance? Who dictates how the game should be played, if thats how they wanna play then let them, jesus get a grip no1 cares:|

damn right mens <3
Unread 5 May 2005, 20:44   #41
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

May this thread fall to the bottom as fast as an elephant poo down niagra falls.