User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Oct 2004, 17:50   #1
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
bt suck

have to wait till november 22nd to get a bt line installed...then another 2 weeks for the dsl to get installed.

most of these goddamn dsl companies need a stupid bt line.

argggghhhhhh

you guys know any dsl companies that dont need bt? can't get cable so dont suggest that.

haven't been on here for a while. how is everyone?
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 18:12   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: bt suck

As I understand it, Apart from Kingston upon Hull (or where ever it is) you have to have a BT line for ADSL.
Oddly enough, I found out from a BT engineer that other ISP's get their ADSL connections done quicker than BT customers and done by BT engineers.

Odd that.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 18:14   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It'll take that long?

When I sorted out my place (and the place before) I just rang up and they connected it. Is there not a phoneline at yours already or something?
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 18:55   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
As I understand it, Apart from Kingston upon Hull (or where ever it is) you have to have a BT line for ADSL.
Oddly enough, I found out from a BT engineer that other ISP's get their ADSL connections done quicker than BT customers and done by BT engineers.

Odd that.

~Vaio~
he's bullshitting then

BT give priority to their own customers over anyone elses - i know because i used to work for the 4th largest isp in the UK and they regularly nicked customers by telling them it'd get done faster through them etc.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 19:12   #5
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
he's bullshitting then

BT give priority to their own customers over anyone elses - i know because i used to work for the 4th largest isp in the UK and they regularly nicked customers by telling them it'd get done faster through them etc.
When I recently spoke to BT about an ADSL line they told me it would take 3 weeks to connect me. I then spoke to Virgin about the same and they told me 10 days. Make of that what you will.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 19:17   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

hmm.

how odd.

maybe BT have got shitter.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 19:22   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
hmm.

how odd.

maybe BT have got shitter.
That would be an impossibility

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 02:23   #8
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Apart from Kingston upon Hull (or where ever it is) you have to have a BT line for ADSL.
Correctamundo

www.kcom.com

Was one of the "oddities" of the telco/cable slice and dice ups of the late eighties.

Your options are simple: NTL/Telewest or ADSL

If you are in a NTL area I reccomend ordering soon, else the wait will be goddamn long
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote