User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:29   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Freeganism (or something)

After reading the 'food thread' i remembered when (with a group of mates) tried this crazy scheme.

Lets give you some background :

I was on my merry way to derby for some reason. I think it was to drop some stuff off for dad. However on my way i was listening to Radio 2 where they had some crazy ass bastard who didnt buy anything at all. He took it all from dumpsters. (food anyway). He said his diet was top notch. He never fell ill. All the food was in perfect condition.

apparently supermarkets will throw out food on the sell by date or just before or 1 day after. Most of this food is absolutely fine. obviously things like fruit etc might not be but hey....everything sealed is ok.
These are put in big bags and chucked in dumpsters round the back.

I got back to aberystwyth and for some reason this came up in conversation with my flatmate Phil.
Kate was also present and with her usual 'oh dear' expression when we come up with yet another really stupid thing to do. We had someone else 'join the fray' who from now on will be known as Tony (thats his real name!)

So at 3am we set off for safeway hoping that we would find a large cache of sealed currys which we could freeze and live like Kings off.
The thoughts of expensive curry food for free thrilled us all. We were all dressed in black.
Phil and I had gone on a recon mission earlier to find out where the cameras were and what the arc of 'visibility' was. Tony looked like a terrorist with his mask and black clothing. It was all very odd. If we had been stopped i have absolutely no clue how i wouldve explained the obviously dodgy nature of our clothing and why we were all in the car at 3am driving to safeway.

However now we were all dressed completely in black (this is probably why at the time it felt rather cool - it was like a military operation heh). We pulled up behind safeway and had a 2minute look for a 'bin' that would be full to the brim of currys just screaming 'eat us eat us'. However we found none.

Not a single one. The only bin they had was 240ft tall so we gave up and went to somerfield. Somerfield had cameras EVERYWHERE so we just gave up and went home hungry.

We thought our crazy adventure was over but no. Next morning it turns out one of our other mates in the Uni shop had heard about our crazyness and rang to tell us that the shop was throwing out all the sandwiches over the weekend that had just gone off. We went up and after a brief 'isnt the weather nice' blah blah conversation he slipped us a note giving us details of where the food was.

we went round the back and found a giant black bin liner FULL of food. So we grabbed it and took it back to the flat.

HO HO HO WHAT JOY
That day we ate £40 worth of sandwiches that had absolutely nothing wrong with them. Obviously there were shit loads we wouldnt touch (like prawn cocktail for example) and lots which were too many days over the sell by date. However it was free and it felt rather cool to 'get one up on society and its capitalism haha'.

SO THE MORAL OF THE STORY :
(or something)

Have you, or anyone you know, gone out to get free food thats been sealed in dumpsters? We failed miserably without an inside man but have any of you had a curry feast for free?

p.s. i should feel ashamed but i dont.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:33   #2
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Freeganism (or something)

<------------ Previous amount of respect for you

<- New amount of respect for you
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:34   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i cant say that i have ever eaten any food from a bin, no.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:38   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

when you are a pennyless student the lure of curried food is so great i cannot describe.

p.s.

i sent Tony and Phil to fiddle about in the bins. I was the 'getaway' driver

heh
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:57   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

You needed better initial intel reports. You were working on too small an amount of information for a black ops mission like that. Although your initial recon was good, taking into account the camera arcs and security, your preperation was poor. Enquiries should have been made as to when goods were thrown out at mentioned shops - perhaps befriending a lonely geeky employee and exploiting his knowlege.

Ultimately an A+ for the idea, but a C for planning and a D for execution.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:58   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Paging Snurx....

I read a punk rock/anarchist fanzine once which gave a whole stream of instructions on how to live for free (travel on trains without paying, get free food from dumpsters, shoplifting, etc). It's all about getting the best locations, or getting friendly with staff who work in food outlets.

I'm incredibly lazy, but it's certainly something I'd do when I ran out of people to borrow money from.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:00   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the appropriately named 'Rancid News' Issue #6 perhaps?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:12   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Deja vu

Have you posted this story on this forum before?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:18   #9
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

You told us about this before.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:20   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
the appropriately named 'Rancid News' Issue #6 perhaps?
Very possibly. I read a lot of crap like this (they give it out for free in a squat in North London) but on this ocassion I think I bought it outside a NOFX concert.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 16:24   #11
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Freeganism (or something)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
You told us about this before.
JJ must be on sabbatical.*

*<Dilbert> Wally, you just sent me the same e-mail you sent last week.
<Wally> I'm re-running the 'Best Of Wally' while I'm on in-cube sabbatical.
<Dilbert> How long are you on sabbatical?
<Wally> Six weeks so far. You're the first to notice.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 00:01   #12
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
You needed better initial intel reports. You were working on too small an amount of information for a black ops mission like that. Although your initial recon was good, taking into account the camera arcs and security, your preperation was poor. Enquiries should have been made as to when goods were thrown out at mentioned shops - perhaps befriending a lonely geeky employee and exploiting his knowlege.

Ultimately an A+ for the idea, but a C for planning and a D for execution.
Prior
Planning and
Preperation
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 00:04   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

This is like a repost of a JJ story by JJ.

Shocking.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 00:07   #14
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

congratulations!

YOU CONTRIBUTED.
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 00:11   #15
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
congratulations!

YOU CONTRIBUTED.
Just admit it, you are jakiri's trolling account.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:39   #16
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've done that lot's of times, it's a great way to get free food! It's just about finding the right places, and the best places (In my experience) are the expensive food-chains or stores, and the so-called "immigrant" shops. Sealed food can hold for long, and sometimes they throw out whole loads beacause of one fault. I found a dumpster full of rasins that held for more then a year, and found out later they had been throw out since one of the packs had a tear in the outer-seal. The western world's garbage is a nice place to scavenge..

Of course, dumpster diving is about more then food! You can get clothes, cell phones, televisions, or about any other common thing. Normal people throw out so much usefull and still working stuff it's sickening.

There is, however, one big problem with dumpster-diving, and it's the law. It's ****ing sick, but you are not allowed to look throught what other people have thrown out and take with you what you want. So, it's smart to be ninjas like JJ and his pals, but hey, don't care about the cameras if you have a mask on.

Dante, was it Profane Exsistence by any chance? I think I read a article like that in that zine a while ago..
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:06   #17
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

JJ the alternative is to do what I do and base yur food shoping around oops items at asda.

For three people I spend on average £20 a week and we never run out of food or pop (no beer in that amount).

I buy mainly reduced items (which are still in date) and then freeze.

I go mostly twice a week at set times because I know when the oops items are put out. I reckon it saves me at least 50% of the food bill.

The other one was I watched anthony worrel tomkins and he had a army chef who proactive encouraged used of corne beef for meals. Corned beef can be gotten for under 30p a can and can make cottage pies, chillis, bolognese, pies, pasties and allsorts. Again I guess your cullinary imagination is the limit of what you can actually do. But if its good enough fr the army is gotta be good enough for you!
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 18:45   #18
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Deja vu

Have you posted this story on this forum before?
Yes - he has
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...highlight=food in fact
which was posted earlier this year. Shame on you for using the same anecdote twice in 1 year (or something like that)
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 18:48   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All that masturbation has destroyed JJ's memory
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 19:28   #20
JammyJim
Godfather

i couldnt honestly remember if i had posted this or not.

it all seemed so long ago.....
and my brain went 'aha something funny for the forums;' when i read the food thread

im such a failure :-(
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 13:55   #21
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
JJ the alternative is to do what I do and base yur food shoping around oops items at asda.
For three people I spend on average £20 a week and we never run out of food or pop (no beer in that amount).
I buy mainly reduced items (which are still in date) and then freeze.
I go mostly twice a week at set times because I know when the oops items are put out. I reckon it saves me at least 50% of the food bill.
The other one was I watched anthony worrel tomkins and he had a army chef who proactive encouraged used of corne beef for meals. Corned beef can be gotten for under 30p a can and can make cottage pies, chillis, bolognese, pies, pasties and allsorts. Again I guess your cullinary imagination is the limit of what you can actually do. But if its good enough fr the army is gotta be good enough for you!
what are these oops items of which you speek, i'm intrieged.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 14:29   #22
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
what are these oops items of which you speek, i'm intrieged.
thye have little yellow stickers on which say oops

a example is chicken florentine (chicken in a creamy white sauce with mushrooms and n a bed of spinach) - normally sold for 4 quid for 2 and picked up 4 for 2 quid.

You can get sausages, meats, pizza's, cheese, bread, cakes, veggies etc etc etc

All are so reduced in price its hiddeously cheap to eat well

They are near sellby date so you just freeze until required
Proud to be Independent
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 14:32   #23
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Asda sticks it all n a big crushing machine. So that would kinda ruin your fun :-/
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 14:35   #24
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn
Asda sticks it all n a big crushing machine. So that would kinda ruin your fun :-/
yeah a rubbish compacting maschne so dumpster diving not possible, but we still have oops \o/
Proud to be Independent
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 14:37   #25
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

sounds pretty good. I happen to know that places like netto's sell beer cheep in this country 'cos it's at or past it's sell by date, which makes no difference to the taste, but makes it really cheep.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 14:42   #26
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
sounds pretty good. I happen to know that places like netto's sell beer cheep in this country 'cos it's at or past it's sell by date, which makes no difference to the taste, but makes it really cheep.
netto is cheap here too - but i can seriously buy a weks food from Asda cheaper than i can from any other supermarket using there own brand food and the 4 bottles of 2 litre pop for 94p and oops foods.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 15:03   #27
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

so where do you get your alc. from then, asda don't brew anything as far as i'm aware.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 15:06   #28
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
so where do you get your alc. from then, asda don't brew anything as far as i'm aware.
very true - but you can get 2 cases of carling for 20 quid from asda (48 500ml cans).

Also yu can go to a place called hooties by me and get 4 bottles of alcopops for 2quid an a decent bottle of 40% vodka for 7quid.

There i also a shop fairly close by i can get a bottle of sparkling wine for 99p.

So thats also easy if you know where to shop
Proud to be Independent
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 15:07   #29
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Asda has an alchyhol section and own brand beers. £5k's worth of Stella got slightly damaged when a truck backed into two pallets of it in the warehouse last year. That was sold off for £5 for 30 330ml bottles
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 15:09   #30
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

all of that booze is overpriced (but then, i do most of my shopping for that in europe). wine should be 3 for £2.00, and bottles are cheaper than cans.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 15:14   #31
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
all of that booze is overpriced (but then, i do most of my shopping for that in europe). wine should be 3 for £2.00, and bottles are cheaper than cans.
well i have relatives who go abroad for alcohol, but i drink much more than they can bring me back in the country anyway

bottles maybe cheaper than cans but for quantity cans are always better value
Proud to be Independent