User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:02   #1
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
port fowarding

here - cause faster response:

ive just come back from uni thus no router:

current setup (simple home network):

my computer -----> brothers computer ------> usb adsl modem

what program can i use to port forward from his computer. The modem is the old alcatel style, and doesnt have any internal options (just plug & play), thus no port forwarding options. I need to find a way to port forward easily so im assuming i need to find a program to put on his computer.

suggestions?
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:04   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: port fowarding

It's fairly simple if you've got XP or 2K. The information is on the microsoft website ( http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;309524 is the XP link)

[edit]

Although that's only really necessary if you've got requests coming in; most things activate the ports by request (games for instance), although DCCs of all types will be worried.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:05   #3
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: port fowarding

Call the ships to port.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:06   #4
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
ive just come back from uni thus no router:
oi! you never even said "hi" in Soton
/me sulks
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:06   #5
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

cheers
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:08   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Call the ships to port.
First Covenant reference in the history of PA.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:09   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
First Covenant reference in the history of PA.
I didn't know you played Halo. Boom boom.

I have 4 bottles of Dow's 96 LBV, so I'm pretty pleased.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:09   #8
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
oi! you never even said "hi" in Soton
/me sulks
i know - i considered it, but im just not comfortable with meeting strangers from the net (although i know ur a lovely person - its just something about me). i've seen you a fair few times in uni tho.

if i get over this strange phobia and you are ever down to meet some of the other people next year ill let you know.

you were at the cube last friday, wearing a black top i think. seen you in the union bar a few times playing pool also

sorry tho :/
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:12   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I didn't know you played Halo. Boom boom.
Actually, I was just talking to myself endlessly about things that only made sense to me or possibly not even me.

Quote:
I have 4 bottles of Dow's 96 LBV, so I'm pretty pleased.
You are always grossly over-consuming alcohol.

Carry on.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:13   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
You are always grossly over-consuming alcohol.

Carry on.
I haven't touched a drop since, well, last week, and today I did two hours on the rowing machine.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:15   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

maybe you should forward this thread to the computer forum.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:16   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
maybe you should forward this thread to the computer forum.
Why do they want to talk about port?
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:17   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
I haven't touched a drop since, well, last week,
Oh, woe.

Quote:
and today I did two hours on the rowing machine.
Why not go on the river. It's especially pleasant at this time of year. You could row to Stravanger.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:20   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Why not go on the river. It's especially pleasant at this time of year. You could row to Stravanger.
It's Durham Regatta, so the river is very busy, and my scull is currently without riggers.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:22   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
It's Durham Regatta, so the river is very busy,
Nobody said you had to row exclusively on the water. There is always the overland option as far as Sunderland.

Quote:
and my scull is currently without riggers.
That old, familiar complaint.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:24   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Nobody said you had to row exclusively on the water. There is always the overland option as far as Sunderland.
The Wear isn't THAT bad.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:26   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
The Wear isn't THAT bad.
Why not get the bishop to load up on scolding-irons, and jump off the bridge. The resulting wave would propel you at least part of the distance.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:36   #18
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Get a room you two ffs

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:48   #19
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
i know - i considered it, but im just not comfortable with meeting strangers from the net (although i know ur a lovely person - its just something about me). i've seen you a fair few times in uni tho.

if i get over this strange phobia and you are ever down to meet some of the other people next year ill let you know.

you were at the cube last friday, wearing a black top i think. seen you in the union bar a few times playing pool also

sorry tho :/
Bah, this was my last year at uni though.

Will probably be around some time next term if you are around and feel like saying "hi" though. I'm worried of me playing Pool in Bar One has scared you though. eeek!

Last edited by A2; 13 Jun 2004 at 00:25.
A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:53   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Get a room you two ffs

~Vaio~
I see you've started using ~'s when you sign your name, you big homosexual ingrate.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:29   #21
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a ADSL Router, its the easiest and most hassle free way of doing what you want to.
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:34   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
im just not comfortable with meeting strangers from the net
And not with strangers in Real Life either?
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 01:19   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Without wishing to add to the off-topic-fest but how are people from these forums strangers?

I'd say I "know" some people on these forums better than I know, say, some of my work colleagues.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 01:58   #24
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
And not with strangers in Real Life either?
i know its a silly phobia hence i'll eventually get over it