User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Mar 2004, 19:12   #51
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The GD CM league - Online AND Offline managers

(How do I see what its running at?)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 19:13   #52
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I cant host. Im behind a Router which i dont have operational control over, so i cant open the necessary ports.

PS : P4 3.06 . 1 Gig DDR Ram , Radeon 9600 , ADSL , etc etc
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 19:13   #53
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
(How do I see what its running at?)
Control panel/system.

In XP at least.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 19:42   #54
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Athlon XP 2100+ (1.73GHz.), 512Mb DDR 2100, 512KB/s ADSL.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 19:43   #55
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It looks like my server so far, unless someone can pull Janet out of a hat.

And is it the same as 0102, in that you all have to transmit the tactics etc to the host, or is it sensible?
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 20:19   #56
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Im not sure
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 20:21   #57
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Good good.

It shows what bothering to implement a multiplayer mode properly can do.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 20:26   #58
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

checking the sigames multiplayer forums may bea good idea.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 20:51   #59
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Athlon XP 2800mhz
512mb DDR Ram
1mb NTL net connection

I also have spare irc rooms we can use if wanted.

Last edited by midge5; 9 Mar 2004 at 22:00.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 22:58   #60
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well done, you've just volunteered.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 23:16   #61
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

lol
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 23:20   #62
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
512 DDR Ram 2100
GeForce4 Ti 4200
150K connection
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 23:32   #63
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

dont bother listing your graphics card, it really makes no difference to CM
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 23:36   #64
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I know but I saw others who did.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 00:00   #65
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

and they are silly too :P

dont worry about it
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 01:23   #66
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Right , the OFFLINE managers who have now put in, please nominate a team, and if multiple managers want the same teams, they will be placed in a hat and randomly drawn.

Those who want a remaining offline slot , get your nominations in NOW
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 01:27   #67
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Spurs pls
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 01:28   #68
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Arsenal pls (to beat Rag and piss him off!)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 03:22   #69
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

If I am hosting what stuff do you want me to load the game up with? Db size, leagues etc...
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 03:40   #70
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

i'd say medium DB.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 08:45   #71
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Turn 'Move matches for TV off'?
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 08:53   #72
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Large DB
Do not Move Matches for TV
English League Only, full detail, conference and above.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 09:57   #73
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Pretty obvious who i'll be 'avin please.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 10:15   #74
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Pretty obvious who i'll be 'avin please.
Man U?
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 12:39   #75
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

im not sure about a large DB, i've ran a large with this pc and with conf up, and its none too speedy :/
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 13:17   #76
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Everton please.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 23:21   #77
Blastoderm
________

Will we start when all the slots are taken?
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 01:11   #78
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

We will hopefully be starting Friday night, if the MrL can liaise with his chosen host to get the basic game setup.

Expect the first session to be VERY slow as everyone sets up squads/staff/training and absoloutely hammers the transfer market. Patience is a required trait when playing CM Online.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 01:43   #79
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

yes, which is why i'll be doing other things at the same time (coding perhaps) whilst playing, and may require some IRC highlight triggering every now and then.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:26   #80
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

OK, the server works, and all is well and good.

My first match is against midge :eek:
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:57   #81
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

MrL | They've booby trapped their sun somehow. says:
you you you you you
Starbucks - No Glory For Man United says:
yo
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=175680
CHOOSE A TEAM
Can I have Man U
i would choose arsenal but i didnt notice the thread
I WOULD
be online, but thats when I travel back to bristol
actually, **** it, im not in
you don't have to be online
and you can have man u
i dont want to be ****ing man u offline
i dont want the discrace
TOO LATE
IM NOT HAVING THE GITS
bwhahahaha
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:58   #82
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Welcome to MANCHESTER
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:05   #83
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

lol
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:20   #84
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Still need some people to take some, all you really need to do is voluntter your name, we just put you on holiday and let the assistant run it, and then see how the club does.

Last edited by NEWSBOT3; 11 Mar 2004 at 22:20.
NEWSBOT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:42   #85
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

4 more to go....

Brum, Charlton, Fulham, Leicester, Pompey. LHC still hasn't picked.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:31   #86
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

I'll take Charlton offline please.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:35   #87
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

fulham offline please
as MrL has bullied me into it!
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:36   #88
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

excellent. 2 more to go
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:28   #89
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

C'mon people, there's still Birmingham, Leicester and Portsmouth left!
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:45   #90
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

i cannot believe neither Lokken nor Idimmu have take Pompey, despite having mails sent to them telling them to do so!
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 00:39   #91
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:01   #92
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Someone please explain how the **** I can update cm03/04 with the patches after i download them?

I am functionally computer illiterate
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:08   #93
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Someone please explain how the **** I can update cm03/04 with the patches after i download them?

I am functionally computer illiterate
1. Download patch 4.1.4
2. Run patch 4.1.4. Unless you changed the installation directory , it will auto patch your game.
3. Download patch 4.1.5
4. Run patch 4.1.5. Unless you changed the installation directory , it will auto patch your game.

Voila. So simple, even an Irishman whos had one too many Guinness' can manage it.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:13   #94
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah it's the running bit where I get the not a valid win32 application msg that ****s me up.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:16   #95
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Yeah it's the running bit where I get the not a valid win32 application msg that ****s me up.
Either your OS is screwed like a mofo , or the download is fux0red

download from www.thedugout.net for a better quality , faster download on both patches.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:19   #96
midge5
mmm lambs

We running any rules for this like no having fellow human managers players on your shortlist, no poaching human managers non contract protected players, any transfer rules on how much you bid upfront and after appearances?

Also it was suggested not allowing people to buy Oskarsson, we going ahead with this? and will there be restrictions on the purchasing of any other players? Personally Iwould just let everyone buy whoever they want.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:23   #97
JonnyBGood
Banned

Trying that now kura, cheers. Hopefully it's just the dl

If you know more players than other people you should be allowed to purchase them. I'm confident of two or three players nobody on here has mentioned who I can buy

Edit: Got it!

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 12 Mar 2004 at 02:45.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:57   #98
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

The large database has I believe , around 22,000 possible players to choose from, and any manager than thinks stockpiling all the cheap talent will make him invincible is quickly going to discover how a lack of squad unity can affect performances on the pitch.

Id say we incorporate few rules, other than the following.

1. No "Protection" bids. That is no making bids on players you cannot afford just to prevent the AI or another human getting them. If you have £1 mill to spend but Villa bid £4 million for Arca, tough.

2. No poaching of Staff from human managers, or youth players. Managers cannot protect these players, and its unfair to make them have to offer new contracts every week just to deflect your attention. At the start, no making bids on Min Fee release clause players owned by human managers for the first 2 weeks until the manager has a chance to offer new deals (Fulham in particular suffer if this rule is not imposed, as they lose Malbranque and Davis for buttons). All non-human teams are exempt from this (Yes , i do expect to see 20 bids for Mikel Arteta. Sod the Huns )

3. Declaring an interest in another human managers job if they become insecure is a big no-no. This results firstly in your own board getting pissed at you, but secondly and more importantly, it hastens the demise of the human manager in question. The offline managers will rely on luck more than the online ones, so this counts double for them.

4. Obviously , no international jobs. We have 20 managers here and were playing the EPL. Nobody gives a rats ass for the African Cup of Nations just because you wanted the Senegal job.

5. Final Rule : If youre sacked, the offline managers can ask to be put back into the game at a different EPL club, but with II after their name (or III if youre sacked again, etc etc). Online managers the same. If your club is relegated, you can voluntarily retire and take a promoted side, or play in Division 1 for a season, and not play any human managers (defeats the purpose of the game, but if you feel the need to be an anti-social bastard, who am i to stop you). If you get bored with your team or the game, just ask to leave and we will find a replacement for you. How long you play the game is entirely your decision. Nobody will be asked to leave unless they generally act like a complete Shai.

Anyone disagree with these rules? Im trying not to put in too many, as the game community should pretty much police itself.

All managers to be in #forums for 7pm this evening so we can get things going as early as possible, k?

Last edited by Kurashima; 12 Mar 2004 at 03:02.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 03:20   #99
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

ok
#random is near empty and available for our use if we want a seperate place.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 09:15   #100
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Trying that now kura, cheers. Hopefully it's just the dl
That happened to me too, first time around

[edit]

The villa squad has the worst midfield in the world.