User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 16:06   #1
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Synergy.

Seeing the development of this round from the sideline, sort of, I realized that this community needs a new alliance. It can obviously not be permitted for any one alliance to win three times in a row, much less four. For this reason, I and a select few others have decided to make an alliance that will hopefully be able to dispatch of Ascendancy in the next round of Planetarion.

To be clear on our purposes, I'm listing our goals here:
1) Make sure Ascendancy does not win, at all costs.
2) Have fun, and try to get a tightly knitted community for future rounds.
3) Get a shot at winning the round.

This means that if you are not prepared to be in an all out war for large parts of the round, with possibly no benefits at all to your own planet, you are not ready to join our alliance.

If you're still interested, please keep reading.

Our strike towards Ascendancy has already started, by poaching members from them. We're based largely around a group of former Ministry/Angels/Omen players, and jester has accepted to run Munin for us. This means that we'll have both top notch players, and top notch tech.

We're loosely based on the Ascendancy model, in the sense that intel is open to everyone, and everyone can arrange for defense and attacks. However, politics will be handled by a council consisting of me, Theam, Kila, OlaTa and BlueArmy. In addition, Smasher, BlueArmy and Heartless will oversee our military efforts. alch will be an advisor, but has declined to take up a more timeconsuming role than that.

We have only got a few rules:
1) Don't crash.
2) Do not abuse your elevated intel access for personal gains (If it benefits Synergy, it's not a personal gain).
3) Don't be shit.

If you're interested in becoming a member, or striking a political deal, our public channel is #synergy on netgamers.

For recruits: Vouches is not a must, but it helps. Given the spread of our members, we think we'll know enough about potential candidates to decide whether to accept or not. In some cases, we'll require an interview. Simply PM an OP in #synergy if you're interested in joining.

I think that's all the information I meant to post. If not, I'll keep you updated here.

Good luck with the next round of Planetarion people. It's time to Descend!

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 16:09   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Synergy.

yeah, its as funny as poking your eye with a needle, then repeat it 100 times.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 16:09   #3
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

No, this just happens to be the one day this month that qebab is online...
Join #synergy, we even have P!
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 16:58   #4
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Well this looks legit.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 17:20   #5
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

wtf is the point in demonstrating Asc can be beaten by asc?
all the above names were asc this round, so is there anything diferent?
on second thoughts this is not very likely at all; all asc could just move to synergy, tis good idea (worthy of serious rather than 1st april consideration I mean) ditch the baggage

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 1 Apr 2009 at 17:28.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 18:31   #6
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

bad april 1st joke:P
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 18:42   #7
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
Well this looks legit.
it is.

but tesla is also back running intel.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 19:12   #8
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

this has already been done:
1/ http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197288
2/ http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196949
3/ http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=195597
4/ denial etc etcand countless others were also jokes
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 19:18   #9
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

But none of them were done today!
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 19:28   #10
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab View Post
We're based largely around a group of former Ministry/Angels/Omen players
april

Quote:
politics will be handled by a council consisting of me, Theam, Kila, OlaTa and BlueArmy.
fools

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 20:19   #11
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

bring back Lunatic Asylum

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 21:01   #12
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It saddens me deeply to announce that Synergy disbands with immediate effect.

I hope you all had an enjoyable April 1st. Thanks to those of you who fell for this (Special thanks to Smasher for declining to be a HC).

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 00:11   #13
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I lol'ed this morning when I read it.

Next stop, 4 in a row.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 23:53   #14
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I lol'ed this morning when I read it.

Next stop, 4 in a row.
hi fruitcake

never se you on irc anymore ever go on ?
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 00:02   #15
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

#planetarion is the only public one I'm in

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 00:26   #16
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This sounds a bit like the claims from Denial in round 29

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 16:04   #17
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Another example of bias forum modding. Why on earth is this thread still up?

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 16:05   #18
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Why would it be taken down?
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 16:53   #19
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Why would it be taken down?
Because its against the rules, I cannot state which as I may be banned once again. Aprils fools or not, other gimmic alliance threads would be closed by now.

Unread 11 Apr 2009, 17:08   #20
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

You are probably right, CBA... But seriously: how detrimental is such a thread for these forums?

And I still find it strange to see you as the bringer of morality to the PA forums... WTF did you do? Joined a monastry? Saw the light?
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 17:11   #21
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

I saw Light this morning
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 17:58   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I for one would be interested to hear which rules this thread breaks.

Also, there is this wonderful button next to each post. You know, the one with the exclamation mark. I notice you haven't used it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:39   #23
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
You are probably right, CBA... But seriously: how detrimental is such a thread for these forums?

And I still find it strange to see you as the bringer of morality to the PA forums... WTF did you do? Joined a monastry? Saw the light?
He got slapped by the Light
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 19:26   #24
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Another example of bias forum modding. Why on earth is this thread still up?
Didn't you just break a rule right there?

I concur with the report post comment, i never understand why people complain about a thread by posting on it. It just brings it back to the top of the pile for people to comment on again, either report them or let them die.
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 22:03   #25
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I for one would be interested to hear which rules this thread breaks.

Also, there is this wonderful button next to each post. You know, the one with the exclamation mark. I notice you haven't used it.
Fair point and for that, I'm sorry. I just have some sort of percieved perception of understanding that the report functions is a waste of time. Why I have this or why I think this, is to me, unexplained. So I will take on note what you have stated mz and I will use the proper functions to express my concerns about particular threads. Thankyou for pointing me to the error of my ways. I stand corrected.

Unread 12 Apr 2009, 02:11   #26
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crantor View Post
This sounds a bit like the claims from Denial in round 29
I'd like to see these so called claims.

Does this post satisfy you Ascendancy (errr, I mean, Mods)?
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 02:30   #27
Centronic

Centronic has a spectacular aura aboutCentronic has a spectacular aura about

amazing
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 10:03   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

April 1 was 12 days ago. We can put this to bed now.

The reason it is 'up' is because it was an 'April Fool' thread, that up to Friday night, was dead and falling down the forum, thus not needing me to close it.

Got your report posts (I was out yesterday afternoon and went to bed early yesterday), so I've dealt with it now. The outrage was good to read though.

Last edited by lokken; 12 Apr 2009 at 10:19.
Closed Thread