User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Feb 2012, 16:43   #101
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Round 45 Predictions

Clouds why cant ND arrange earlier attacks?
It would been fun with a full scale allie attack around 20:00 gametime!
anyway, i think the prelaunch option makes it harder to roid newbies more than more seasoned players.
If you launch mid-day, you have a good chance of catching the nightcrawlers off guard, or atleast fck up their own attack plans.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 17:22   #102
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

theres plenty to do, ppl are just crying since they feel that they have disadvantages now and just simply give up..

the log from the ND HC was simply aweful.. instead of doing 1 night time attack for the non-euro ppl and 1 early morning attack for the euro peeps, they just do not play nemore.. instead, theres lots of crying and moaning about how bad everyone else are and that they are not listened..

yes, one might have an advantage launching attack during sweet night time, but i dont think its a big one.. just get ure shit together and try to actually adapt to new system and u`ll see that theres more to it other than just prelaunch-sleep-wake-roid/recall-return-prelaunch-sleep......

to whoever will say that attacking night time is the ONLY way to play planetarion and that the ppl that send attacks out during night have HUGE advantage over the others - the more there are fleets that wont be launched during night, the more there are fleets to def/retal/fc with in the morning/day
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 21:14   #103
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Personaly, although of course i admit im not active these days (not like i used too due too work) so i understand i guess why some people might be moaning as im also european. However, this new blood which PA has inheritted over the years seriously have nothing to complain about when you think back to how us old timers had to suffer with PA.

Imagine a playerbase thousends bigger then now (mostly multis though i admit), huge wars (mostly the famous block wars) no xp (so value based) and of course no pre launch! So you think its bad now.. imagine having to practically be up all night from blocks bashing you during wars, lots more planets then now.. no xp gains either in those days and of course no prelaunch... man... some of you kids dont know what advantages you now have! (i feel old)

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 21:55   #104
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Personaly, although of course i admit im not active these days (not like i used too due too work) so i understand i guess why some people might be moaning as im also european. However, this new blood which PA has inheritted over the years seriously have nothing to complain about when you think back to how us old timers had to suffer with PA.

Imagine a playerbase thousends bigger then now (mostly multis though i admit), huge wars (mostly the famous block wars) no xp (so value based) and of course no pre launch! So you think its bad now.. imagine having to practically be up all night from blocks bashing you during wars, lots more planets then now.. no xp gains either in those days and of course no prelaunch... man... some of you kids dont know what advantages you now have! (i feel old)
Dont forget the nightly backup of the DB that took 40-65mins at times and of course the fact the universe would sometimes take up to 2 minutes to tick so on occasion you could take advantage of the fact that 1 planet has ticked and the other hasnt. Got to love the block war names such as Furgion, NoCeX, FoS, WTF, WEET, VVOMM, XeTa, etc....

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 23:06   #105
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Dont forget the nightly backup of the DB that took 40-65mins at times and of course the fact the universe would sometimes take up to 2 minutes to tick so on occasion you could take advantage of the fact that 1 planet has ticked and the other hasnt. Got to love the block war names such as Furgion, NoCeX, FoS, WTF, WEET, VVOMM, XeTa, etc....
God blimey i forgot about that tick thing where 1 ticked before another lol And yes those block names were quite amusing too. And of course PDS!

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2012, 05:51   #106
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
and of course no prelaunch... man... some of you kids dont know what advantages you now have! (i feel old)
Do you not remember when you 'HAD TO' launch at xx:59:59 or you were a total failure at PA?
Cuz I do

Thinking about it some more.
I remember when Eonium was FUEL, and it cost you resources to launch your fleet.
Also Cargo ships, BRING BACK CARGO SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2012, 12:29   #107
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
More complaints from people who are only willing to play when they know there is a reasonable chance their opposition is asleep.
Complaints? When was I complaining? I'm actually enjoying the new pre-launch rule. I was merely stating that the average medicore europeon player doesn't want to get up to launch an attack due to his / her alliance still setting raids at the usual times.

Your statement that folk are only willing to play when their opposition are asleep is ludicrous, because folk can choose to receive notifications, and certain alliances having a DC and defence point system.

The only drawback with this new pre-launch rule for me is one can no longer know if one is getting incoming pre early morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
The argument that it only benefits hardcore players is absurd as well as it reduces incomings on more casual players at unsociable hours in the same ratio as it reduces the attacks they are willing to launch at unsociable hours themselves.
Why is it absurd? Currently, alliances are still raiding at night (GMT timezone), and the average medicore europeon cannot get up at night to set an attack mission or two. They prefer to pre-launch before going to bed.

My opinion would of course change if alliances of the more medicore players started raiding at times that suited their members.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2012, 12:40   #108
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Complaints? When was I complaining?
You quoted complaints.

Quote:
Your statement that folk are only willing to play when their opposition are asleep is ludicrous, because folk can choose to receive notifications, and certain alliances having a DC and defence point system.
Ah, right. I guess these alliances all attack at night because that's the most convenient time for them. Nothing at all to do with it being the most likely time for them to get through defence while opponents are asleep.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2012, 20:20   #109
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about

Congrats Ultores on the threepeat. CT/XVX/ND let down as usual. See you in R46.
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 00:38   #110
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by budious
If you are so unhappy, why don't you get your alliance to do something instead of doing your best to avoid incs & roiding nubs for the 1834789348 round in a row?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 01:09   #111
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

I'm indifferent to the outcome, just making an obvious observation at tick 500 to call the round... this was a prediction thread last I checked?
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 01:54   #112
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

You are blaming them, when you are no different yourself
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 02:15   #113
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

I think DLR is doing quite well seeing as how only one person bothered to give us a modest 9th place prediction in this thread. Then again, we're always used to dealing with overwhelming numbers against us. I simply point to the contending big three because they are the ones with the number of members required and the pompousness to predict their own success at the start of such rounds. Yet when it comes to getting the job done, their beaucracy stands in the way, politics and strict operations manuals that obstruct their ability to cope with the smallest of changes like shortening prelaunch. Incompetence shines yet when any suggestion is brought to reduce tag size to conformable limit to allow a broader competition, the same dopes stand up and protest that it's going to hurt the success they are not having anyways.
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 06:32   #114
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

You have proved in several rounds you are more than capable to take on any t5 alliance on your own, but ofc, that would mean you would actually get incommings without being able to hide behind someone
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 08:50   #115
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Maybe staying as a small tag is the best tactic to avoid competing for #1 and therefore wars?
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 10:52   #116
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Thank you Captain Obvious
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 11:17   #117
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by budious View Post
Way too early to conclude. However admitted not much have happened so far.

I predict you made this post to indicate that something should happen soon. And that you own ally donīt want to be a part of it.

Fair game
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 15:56   #118
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

if you want anything to happen then try poking xvx off their fence
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 17:02   #119
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

xVx have proved many many times they are happy to sit on the fence and take easy roids, then collapse when put under any pressure.

Why would you think it is any different now?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 17:34   #120
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

we offered them our support to take down ults to win the round but they would rather nap ults and nd, fence it up!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 18:33   #121
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

Asif ct are any different? They would happily fence all round if it meant top 3 coz not much chance for em otherwise, xvx are a good ally and thankfully loyal to their friends

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 18:34   #122
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

yay ct have wheeled out Forest again - let the fail propaganda begin!!! \o/
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 19:07   #123
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
we offered them our support to take down ults to win the round but they would rather nap ults and nd, fence it up!
And what exactly has xVx to do with CT's decision to take down ult? if you don't want ult to win do something about it. Don't try and throw someone else in front of a moving train for your own agenda. Ohw wait that's right CT is too chicken to do anything on their own and need the support of at least 2 other allies.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 22:14   #124
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

For one who havnt followed PA in years, this round is turning out to be the sadest round ever.
I dont get what people are competing over, as everyone seem to be happy with Ultores winning.
PA needs some people willing to fight for top spot allie instead of being happy about getting their planets into high rankings, or building good galaxies.
This is as exciting like the good old Furgion days, except that now the univers is 1% of what i was back then, and that makes it even more sad.

Unread 4 Feb 2012, 23:44   #125
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh, how things change.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2012, 00:27   #126
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

cant see it changing that much.
my point still stands that no one wants to pick a fight.
everyone in the top3 is busy going after the easy roids, instead of fledging war against each other.
the only politics that is going on is of the "dont attack me, and i dont attack you" type.
were did all the aggression in this game go?

Unread 5 Feb 2012, 01:53   #127
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You don't think "xVx has already won" becoming "Ultores has already won" in 9 days is much of a change.

I see.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote