User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 20:21   #101
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Sol War

He jumped, despite it being a long way down. It was now and probably still would have been later. Knowing that the air was rushing past him at a rather quick pace, Fluffie fired his jetpack several times, slowing his descent and allowing him a quick survey of his drop zone.

With a soft thud Fluffie landed and quickly darted sidewards, heading for cover and bringing his rifle to point in one direction, keeping it covered. Assuming the rest of the squad would be taking similar actions, he only threw a quick look over his shoulder, making sure his rear was covered, just like he was covering someone else's.

And then, he just kept his eyes on his part, waiting for either orders or someone to.. do something, which would mean he had to start doing stuff too.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 19:11   #102
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

[ooc]I'm sure I managed to post actual combatty-action typ thingies before that DM. Ah well, I'm back now. But can't be bothered to go searching. 2 Hours sleep, folllowed by a 3am wake-up call to go gallavanting halfway across France, across the channel and then a fair distance across England will do that to you [/ooc]
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 20:07   #103
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

All
How would you feel about me abandoning this thread? I mean, without a good degree of work on the stats spreadsheet, this is going to take too long for me to DM (rather more people joined that I had anticipated...), so I'm considering the possibility of deleting this thread to allow Inspectre to re-make his version, which is naturally superior to mine, him being the thread's creator and all.

I'd provide a full summary of the plotline that this thread was going to have for you to read so you're not all left wondering. Then again, you probably wouldn't be anyway since I never actually got round to revealing much of it to you.

The other possibility is that I continue the thread, but for this option you'd need to either accept stats dissapearing all together, or accept a wait of one or two weeks (school etc introducing time constraints) while I re-work the stats spreadsheet to make it more efficient.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 10:50   #104
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
I'm cool with statless/semi-statless and long duration between DM's... fastgoing-threads are next to extinct anyway, but if you decide against finnishing it, I understand...

*grins while holding sniperrifle behind back*

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 14:34   #105
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll support whatever decision you make in the end, ND. I think that I've already gotten a few decent ideas from your vision of TSW, so by all means continue. If I remember correctly, the first TSW was effectively stat-less, which helped in making it go faster. I would somewhat like to see stats still in there, however, so feel free to take this week or two that you said that you would need. That's probably around the time it would take me to restart TSW anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 16:18   #106
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Continue however you want to ND

Though, if you give up, IS or me automatcially wins

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 16:41   #107
No Dachi

Actually neither of you have DMed in a while. But yeah, I'd like a more comfortable margin.

All
I'll be re-working the stat engine. Watch this space.

Unread 13 Sep 2004, 00:46   #108
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No, actually ND will not be redoing the stat engine, or anything related to TSW for that matter. Yes indeed, friends and folks, ND has once again pulled the infamous "No Dachi Axe" on us. Which is to say, that ND's version of TSW is DEAD, and won't be coming back anytime soon. For once, this is not entirely his fault (:-p ), as apparently he has a boatload of course work in his classes, which will likely only get worse as the school year progresses.
There is one piece of good news, however, and that is that I intend to replace my Crossroads of Time remake, which was coming along most slowly, with a TSW remake. If I'm lucky, I might be able to have the new TSW thread up in a week. Watch this space/a possible new interest thread for updates.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 16:27   #109
No Dachi

My reasons for doing this are twofold

1) I clearly don't have enough time to do this properly now that I'm at school again.
2) We need active threads. This thread isn't active. The Inspectre TSW should (will) be active.

Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:26   #110
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

I've already come up with a snag with making a TSW thread.

The main problem is that the opening chapter of this story has already been retold by myself and ND about three or four times now. Despite the variations, I'm sure everyone is sick of it, at least those of you who have been in one of the TSW threads previously. However, it looks to me like we've got a fair number of new faces here, and I wouldn't like to ruin the story for them by suddenly jumping six months or so ahead, effectively. Therefore, I'm conducting a poll in this thread. Which of you, who are still alive and breathing ( ), would like to see a full remake, including the beginning, and which ones of you would like to just start at Part 2? Those are the choices.

1) Complete restart, including the beginning.
2) Start at Part 2 of the story.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:57   #111
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Any chance of Option 3, continue from exactly where we're up to in this thread?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 02:30   #112
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Part of the problem with option 3 is that ND and my versions of TSW are actually quite different. So first, I would need to integrate what has already happened in this thread with the general flow of my version of TSW, or at least figure out where the equivalent point would be. ND has been rather steadfast about remainning tight-lipped about what happens in his version, likely because he hopes to remake his version of TSW at some future point. Unfortunately, without much idea of where he was taking things, I can't do much without it all seeming quite contrived.

Option 4, however, might work, which would be ND telling the events of TSW up to a certain point, which could work as all the events are similar enough, I think. So, for example, if ND could tell the story up to the point after the terrorist attack, I could possibly alter things enough to fit in with my version, and then go on from there without having to completely restart (which I am loathe to do as well, although it would give me more time to plan. :gollum: )
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 14:02   #113
No Dachi

Or I could not tell any of you anything

Unread 14 Sep 2004, 14:12   #114
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 15:32   #115
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Or I could not tell any of you anything
Indeed.

Of course you realise that course of action would result in much pain and suffering on your behalf......

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 15:58   #116
No Dachi

I'll gladly offer Inspectre the stats engine but I seriously do plan to restart this thread and see the story through when I'm confident that II'll be able to see it through. And it would be such a shame for me to spoil my magnificent plot by letting all of you in on its most intricate secrets now.

Unread 14 Sep 2004, 16:15   #117
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

I bet it involves purple crittery things
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 16:43   #118
No Dachi

*Something moves in the shadows behind Fluffie...*

Unread 14 Sep 2004, 17:20   #119
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Though i am intrigued to know where the hell this storyline is going, i do not think that this storyline can continue if ND does it or not as things stand.

For a start, it became more popular than expected, and we have more characters than are really needed without major expansion of the story. So if this thread were to continue/restart at some point, there would have to be a restriction as to new characters, such as not taking part in the main storyline until 2nd part, or no new characters after story started.

As this is my first time on TSW im not fussed as to wheither Inspectres version starts from beginning or Part 2, but would prefer a fresh start, as i hate starting stories half way through. Takes too long to pick it all up.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 19:39   #120
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Ok, looks like Option 1 is really the only option here (from the looks of things, we weren't very far along anyway). ND, consider your offer of the stat engine accepted. Also, it would seem that ND underestimated the sheer popularity of this thread (this is how TSW usually starts: just a couple people posting, and then, BAM! A horde of drooling, homicidal RPers demanding a fresh DMing. ). I think that I should be able to organize enough things for everyone to do, so that everyone will feel important in some way. The main way I'll probably do that is to allow a few RPers to be either members of the CDF (Commonwealth Defense Force, basically, the army), or independent merchantman ship captains (this was how ND's character in the first TSW got his start). Of course, the main focus will still be on the members of the NYPD, but at least then not everyone will end up shooting at a couple of terrorists, as happened here. :-/

Oh well, time to get to work on the ND-motivated expanded backstory for my version.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 17:41   #121
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Work on the expanded/modified backstory is taking longer than expected, in part due to school, friends, and Fable. It's coming through, bitches, so keep the whining to a minimum.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 20:54   #122
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Any news Inspectre/ ND?
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 14:15   #123
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm still busy slogging through the backstory/intro, but it's looking better now. I actually know how to have things happen so that my version is different from ND (his being the spin-off, afterall ), while still recieving the ND seal of "realism" (it's a thread about giant freaking robots, yes, I understand that. ).
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 19:40   #124
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Alright, I've decided that enough is enough. No more delays . . . I'm posting the backstory/intro to TSW this weekend. I don't have anything else ready, but I'm getting tired of not doing anything, and the forums dying a bit more everyday. Hopefully, some of you out there are still interested.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 7 Nov 2004, 18:00   #125
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Well, I just looked at this week's schedule again. Three exams and several meetings. :eek: Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the time to DM TSW properly if I start it now, so I'm going to wait a week. Sorry about the false start, fellas.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 7 Nov 2004, 18:16   #126
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Ho ho ho...